Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10550832 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (19177) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:49pm On May 18, 2012
dyabman: 25hrs to go . . .

i am buying a chelsea shirt later tonight in the city!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:53pm On May 18, 2012
coogar:

but you'd have a very difficult task to win the competition.
this is an away game for chelsea, bayern are playing at home.
they know that pitch like the back of their hand and there would
be more bayern fans from the terraces to the ball boys..........

makes me wonder why uefa are such cheats when it comes to england.
whenever the venue for the final ever comes to england, wembley
would be chosen. a stadium no football club uses. if it goes to germany,
spain, france, etc - the event would be held in the stadium of a football club.

i can imagine if last season's final was held at old trafford, united woulda won it at a canter!

The 2003 Champions league final was held in Old trafford.

How many stadiums are above 60,000 in capacity and belong to clubs in England? Thats where the problem lies

E.g in germany Stuutgart, Schalke, Hertha berlin, Dortmund, bayern all play in Stadiums with capacities over 60k, While Liverpool Chelsea and City have stadiums with capacity less than 50,000

Stuttgart would host a CL finals before Any of City, Chelsea or Pool

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:11pm On May 18, 2012
dayokanu:
The 2003 Champions league final was held in Old trafford.

How many stadiums are above 60,000 in capacity and belong to clubs in England? Thats where the problem lies

E.g in germany Stuutgart, Schalke, Hertha berlin, Dortmund, bayern all play in Stadiums with capacities over 60k, While Liverpool Chelsea and City have stadiums with capacity less than 50,000

Stuttgart would host a CL finals before Any of City, Chelsea or Pool

they should keep hosting it in club stadiums in england, not at wembley!
arsenal have 60,000 capacity stadium, united have 76,000 capacity stadium
why take the stadium to a pitch no football club uses in england - it's a disadvantage!
bayern have all the advantage tomorrow. they own the ball-boys, the announcer, majority of the fans
and they own the pitch(where they have played more than 50 games this season).
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 7:15pm On May 18, 2012
coogar:

they should keep hosting it in club stadiums in england, not at wembley!
arsenal have 60,000 capacity stadium, united have 76,000 capacity stadium
why take the stadium to a pitch no football club uses in england - it's a disadvantage!
bayern have all the advantage tomorrow. they own the ball-boys, the announcer, majority of the fans
and they own the pitch(where they have played more than 50 games this season).

Man Utd has hosted less than 10yrs ago,

Arsenal built their stadium few years ago and Arsenal doesnt rank high up in the scheme of things in Europe cheesy grin

Assuming the decide to host at Emirate, the CL trophy would be the first trophy to grace that stadium even though its in transit cheesy

Whenever they decide to use England its either Wembley or Old trafford

Before 2010, when was the last time Bernabeu hosted? Since 1999, Nou Camp hasnt hosted yet in the last 10yrs England has hosted twice and next yr is even Wembley again

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:32pm On May 18, 2012
dayokanu:

Man Utd has hosted less than 10yrs ago,

Arsenal built their stadium few years ago and Arsenal doesnt rank high up in the scheme of things in Europe cheesy grin

Assuming the decide to host at Emirate, the CL trophy would be the first trophy to grace that stadium even though its in transit cheesy

allianz was opened barely 7 yrs ago....in that period, arsenal and bayern
have only featured once in the final of elite europe. so what criteria made
them give it to bayern to host?

Whenever they decide to use England its either Wembley or Old trafford
Before 2010, when was the last time Bernabeu hosted? Since 1999, Nou Camp hasnt hosted yet in the last 10yrs England has hosted twice and next yr is even Wembley again

exactly my point!
hosting it in wembley does not benefit any of the big clubs in england.
none of them club football in wembley unlike milan, ac milan, barcelona,
real madrid, bayern munich, etc who would play it in their club stadium if
they get the chance to host it in their respective countries.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On May 18, 2012
coogar:

allianz was opened barely 7 yrs ago....in that period, arsenal and bayern
have only featured once in the final of elite europe. so what criteria made
them give it to bayern to host?

exactly my point!
hosting it in wembley does not benefit any of the big clubs in england.
none of them club football in wembley unlike milan, ac milan, barcelona,
real madrid, bayern munich, etc who would play it in their club stadium if
they get the chance to host it in their respective countries.

Bayern is one of the European heavyweights , Arsenal is not

When you have Beckenbauer, Rummenigge, Gerd Muller and Hoeness making a case for Bayern? Who makes Arsenals case? When their best player in history is still playing for New York redbulls or is it Paddy Viera or Kanu earning their paychheck at city and Pompey or Sylvain Wiltord and Lauren

Even Players like Bergkamp and Overmars have their allegiances to Ajax more than Arsenal

The only eligible club stadium in England is Old Trafford and they can only host so much at Old trafford

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 7:48pm On May 18, 2012
dayokanu:
Bayern is one of the European heavyweights , Arsenal is not

it's not about the club.....it's about the stadium!
roma(stadio olimpico), aek athens + panathanaikos(olympic stadium), galatasaray(istanbul)and
schalke04 all hosted it just few seasons ago. hampden park(home of queen's park) hosted it in 2002.
i don't see how these teams are better than arsenal in europe.

When you have Beckenbauer, Rummenigge, Gerd Muller and Hoeness making a case for Bayern? Who makes Arsenals case? When their best player in history is still playing for New York redbulls or is it Paddy Viera or Kanu earning their paychheck at city and Pompey or Sylvain Wiltord and Lauren

Even Players like Bergkamp and Overmars have their allegiances to Ajax more than Arsenal

The only eligible club stadium in England is Old Trafford and they can only host so much at Old trafford

it's not the club. it's the stadium as shown above!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 18, 2012
coogar:

but you'd have a very difficult task to win the competition.
this is an away game for chelsea, bayern are playing at home.
they know that pitch like the back of their hand and there would
be more bayern fans from the terraces to the ball boys..........

makes me wonder why uefa are such cheats when it comes to england.
whenever the venue for the final ever comes to england, wembley
would be chosen. a stadium no football club uses. if it goes to germany,
spain, france, etc - the event would be held in the stadium of a football club.

i can't imagine if last season's final was held at old trafford, united woulda won it at a canter!

True that but UEFA has officially sold equal amount of tickets to both fans.
I agree that CFC is the underdog but i believe the hunger for the CL is enough to drive us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 8:06pm On May 18, 2012
coogar:

it's not about the club.....it's about the stadium!
roma(stadio olimpico), aek athens + panathanaikos(olympic stadium), galatasaray(istanbul)and
schalke04 all hosted it just few seasons ago. hampden park(home of queen's park) hosted it in 2002.
i don't see how these teams are better than arsenal in europe.
it's not the club. it's the stadium as shown above!

I can say these stadiums have bigger capacities than most English club stadiums aside Man Utd. The final of the whole Europe. Fans wont be cramped into a 40k stadium.

I believe in the future Emirates would host
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:20pm On May 18, 2012
dayokanu:

I can say these stadiums have bigger capacities than most English club stadiums aside Man Utd. The final of the whole Europe. Fans wont be cramped into a 40k stadium.

I believe in the future Emirates would host

schalke's stadium and hampden park were 52,000 capacity when they hosted it.
the emirates is bigger than them and even more modern!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 9:18pm On May 18, 2012
coogar:

schalke's stadium and hampden park were 52,000 capacity when they hosted it.
the emirates is bigger than them and even more modern!

As at 2004 when Schalke stadium in Gelsenkirchen hosted the finals It was the most modern stadium in Europe. It had a slide out pitch and its covered.

Like I said in the future Emirates would host its only been in existence for 5-6yrs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mykali(m): 10:58pm On May 18, 2012
we shall be victors...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 12:41am On May 19, 2012
mykali: we shall be victors...

it's all over sissi the oracle has chosen bayern as the winner!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bontee: 8:38am On May 19, 2012
I would rather go with ilama the camel that picked chelsea after correctly predicting the fa cup final also. That sissi of an oracle was influenced from the video which i saw and this is his first prediction so not gonna follow that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by freecocoa(f): 9:23am On May 19, 2012
Today is the day o.

I just can't wait to drown in my jubilation.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mukina2: 1:36pm On May 19, 2012
ritchboy: One word:

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/194852[/img]

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Coogar, care to explain why Dyabman is striking a pose in front of your under-garments? cheesy
you nor well o grin grin grin

why wont coogar remember the pic, they almost finished dyabman grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Afam4eva(m): 1:43pm On May 19, 2012
freecocoa: Today is the day o.

I just can't wait to drown in my jubilation.
Who are you supported? It is a bayern or a chelsea?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 19, 2012
coogar:

it's all over sissi the oracle has chosen bayern as the winner!

Mere superstition.
Nothing can stop us now. Glory all the way.

Better rock your CFC jersey tonight. wink
While at it, keep a bubbly by your side to pop at 9.45pm
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eyoniggar(m): 5:10pm On May 19, 2012
It is time to witness the Almighty Padaanu season for Chelshit. And this is to also notify people that will be out after tonights game, once Chelsea loses, your life is at stake anywhere you are @ Please stay indoors.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by medjai(m): 5:20pm On May 19, 2012
Abeg, you guys should try not to bore us with your anti-football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 6:03pm On May 19, 2012
Which Antifootball?
Football is about ATTACK and DEFENCE
If it wasn't, teams might as well employ a 0-0-10 formation.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mykali(m): 6:05pm On May 19, 2012
medjai: Abeg, you guys should try not to bore us with your anti-football.

Chelsea you mean? GTEFOH!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mufasa(m): 7:20pm On May 19, 2012
Bertrand starting. Anticipation won wound me ooo.

Come On Chelsea

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by azpekuliar: 8:12pm On May 19, 2012
Where's Bertrand
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by medjai(m): 9:39pm On May 19, 2012
Drogba! What a fuckin legend. I doff my hat

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:33pm On May 19, 2012
Proudest Moment of being a chelsea fan! Than you Drogba! Thank you Chelsea! Congratulations Everyone!. Make we dey pop anything remain!!

Championeeee Championeeeee Championnneee oh ehh oh ehhh oh ehhhh

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 10:33pm On May 19, 2012
[size=18pt]CHELSEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WINSSSSSSS!!!

WHO SAYS THE OLD GUARD ARE DEAD?
[/size]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 10:34pm On May 19, 2012
Congrats Chelski - well deserved victory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:39pm On May 19, 2012
debosky: Congrats Chelski - well deserved victory.

the first london club to win in elite europe.
arsene wenger should bow his head in shame.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by medjai(m): 10:43pm On May 19, 2012
Drogba's a fuckin boss. Damn!

Congrats Chelsea, most undeserved CL winners in history

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:46pm On May 19, 2012
I really cannot tell you how much joy I feel. It was written.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 10:50pm On May 19, 2012
medjai: Drogba's a fuckin boss. Damn!

Congrats Chelsea, most undeserved CL winners in history

How so?....IMHO any team that wins deserves it.
Are u saying Greece also did not deserve to win EURO 2004?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (19177) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: larride(m), hensben(m), Rarre, askit(f) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.