Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,818 members, 7,855,444 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 09:15 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10711040 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2393) (2394) (2395) (2396) (2397) (2398) (2399) ... (19369) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
lordfalcao:

lukaku is in his 5th year in the EPL. 163 matches, 69 goals, 31 assist.

Costa in his 3rd year 69 matches. 44goals, 28 assist..

Costa has only played 2/5 of the matches lukaku has played but have 1/2 of lukaku's goal and assist. Find another reason to credit lukaku this one won't work.

No right thinking manager will pick lukaku over Costa. Quote this every where.

This is Lukaku's 4th season in the EPL bro. Not his 5th.

Let's start with the facts.

1. From what I can see 69 >44

2. Lukaku has played in teams that finished 8th 5th 11th 11th over the last 4 seasons.Costa is playing for a team that has finished 3rd,3rd,1st and 10th over the same period.I think it's pretty obvious who is likely to get better service

3. The best you can do using stats is prove that Costa has been marginally better in the league since moving to England. Same Stats will show you that Lukaku has been better in the cups and in overall raw numbers. So a case can be made for either player.

The question though is, on what metric has Lukaku not improved Everton? And if Lukaku has more club goals and assists over the last 3 seasons, how can Costa be seen to have improved Chelsea?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Lampard stats in 04/05 and 05/06 when Chelsea played 433. Now once again tell us was Lampard ever listed as AM? In reference to the section you bolded for emphasis in your statement

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/frank-lampard/leistungsdaten/spieler/3163/plus/0?saison=2005

Why is he listed as a CM as primary position? Pull his full career stats lets compare them both.

I don't even know the basis of this data, all I know is that both Lampard and Iniesta played as the furthest forward of a 3 man midfield in a 4-3-3. . . . and Iniesta is utterly unproductive, to the point of being outscored by John Terry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
homesteady:

You have no iota of shame! So You feigned temporal insanity so that you could dodge from a monotonous and cacophonous commoner?

Dodge what? I genuinely can't tell one dreg from another when relating with the the crude and uncouth underclass of the UP BARKA hoi polloi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ibime:
Why is he listed as a CM as primary position? Pull his full career stats lets compare them both.

I don't even know the basis of this data, all I know is that both Lampard and Iniesta played as the furthest forward of a 3 man midfield in a 4-3-3. . . . and Iniesta is utterly unproductive, to the point of being outscored by John Terry.

Because CM is his primary position

Barca always had a potent front 3 which they depend on fully for goals whtehr its Dinho Etoo Guily or Messi Henry Etoo or Messi Villa pedro or MSN

Barca plays a 433 that depends fully on the attackers for goals, The midfielders are simply to retrieve, recycle and hold possession to create chances

Chelsea 433 did not have a potent 3 forwards who were very adept at scoring so they pushed Lampard further forward to help that is why a lot of plays are the point man battling the 2 CB and Lampard mopping up the spilled balls

This is elementary football you used to know years back. Dont let Fat get in the way of knowledge
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
Very hard to keep up with this thread. Na so so arguments everyday angry
5 pages in 2hrs angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
Nihilist:

This is Lukaku's 4th season in the EPL bro. Not his 5th.

Let's start with the facts.

1. From what I can see 69 >44

2. Lukaku has played in teams that finished 8th 5th 11th 11th over the last 4 seasons.Costa is playing for a team that has finished 3rd,3rd,1st and 10th over the same period.I think it's pretty obvious who is likely to get better service

3. The best you can do using stats is prove that Lukaku has been marginally better in the league since moving to England. Same Stats will show you that Lukaku has been better in the cups and in overall raw numbers. So a case can be made for either player.

The question though is, on what metric has Lukaku not improved Everton? And if Lukaku has more club goals and assists over the last 3 seasons, how can Costa be seen to have improved Chelsea?

69>44 shows Costa is a better finisher than lukaku.

Lukaku has actually helped in declining Everton.. A prolific goal scorer is a scorer no matter the teams he plays for.. It still shows lukaku is no where Costa..

The stats I use shows that lukaku isnt really a top scorer if he can only beat someone who played 2/5 of the matches he has played by a mere margin. In overall career goals and assist Costa have been better.

Costa has improved Chelsea his goals and assist did 30-40% of giving these clubs titles. Lukaku's goal can't even book a Europa league spot for his team..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bi0nics: 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2016
chic2pimp:

TOUCHE!

undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 5:57pm On Dec 12, 2016
Chelsea players really do take goal celebrations to another level. Looks like a scene from a Brazzers video!

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
lordfalcao:
69>44 shows Costa is a better finisher than lukaku.

Lukaku has actually helped in declining Everton.. A prolific goal scorer is a scorer no matter the teams he plays for.. It still shows lukaku is no where Costa..

Lukaku has gone from 16 to 20 to 25 goals in his 3 seasons at Everton. I'm not sure how Lukaku is not prolific given the quality of his teammates
Go and sleep, you are yarning nonsense now.

The stats I use shows that lukaku isnt really a top scorer if he can only beat someone who played 2/5 of the matches he has played by a mere margin. In overall career goals and assist Costa have been better.

This statement makes no sense because Costa has been playing longer than Lukaku

Costa has improved Chelsea his goals and assist did 30-40% of giving these clubs titles. Lukaku's goal can't even book a Europa league spot for his team..
You keep yarning bollocks. Everton finished 5th in Lukaku's 1st season there, and he won the Europa League golden boot the season after.

See below the Chance Created table for the last 3 seasons. I don't understand how Costa who enjoys far more chances than Lukaku improves Chelsea by scoring fewer goals, yet Lukaku does not improve Everton...

How does Lukaku not improve Everton? Don't let me think that you've been wasting my time o...

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2016
Nihilist:

Lukaku has gone from 16 to 20 to 25 goals in his 3 seasons at Everton. I'm not sure how Lukaku is not prolific given the quality of his teammates
Go and sleep, you are yarning nonsense now.

This statement makes no sense because Costa has been playing longer than Lukaku

You keep yarning bollocks. Everton finished 5th in Lukaku's 1st season there, and he won the Europa League golden boot the season after.

See below the Chance Created table for the last 3 seasons. I don't understand how Costa who enjoys far more chances than Lukaku improves Chelsea by scoring fewer goals, yet Lukaku does not improve Everton...

How does Lukaku not improve Everton? Don't let me think that you've been wasting my time o...

oga Costa is head and shoulder better than lukaku.. In overall everything...

Telling me Costa started before him is like a story of a boy who grew up to say he is now wiser than his Father.. Since you know Costa started above him why comparing son with father??

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Because CM is his primary position

Barca always had a potent front 3 which they depend on fully for goals whtehr its Dinho Etoo Guily or Messi Henry Etoo or Messi Villa pedro or MSN

Barca plays a 433 that depends fully on the attackers for goals, The midfielders are simply to retrieve, recycle and hold possession to create chances

Chelsea 433 did not have a potent 3 forwards who were very adept at scoring so they pushed Lampard further forward to help that is why a lot of plays are the point man battling the 2 CB and Lampard mopping up the spilled balls

This is elementary football you used to know years back. Dont let Fat get in the way of knowledge

Here we go with your nonsense again, telling us Iniesta is a CM because Barca play 3 forwards

This was how you called Pedro a striker and Anelka a midfielder just to back up your nonsense claim.

Why not kukuma call Iniesta a DM. Continue.

I doubt the unproductive nigga will score the 2 goals required to catch John Terry before the end of his career.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ibime:

Here we go with your nonsense again, telling us Iniesta is a CM because Barca play 3 forwards

This was how you called Pedro a striker and Anelka a midfielder just to back up your nonsense claim.

Why not kukuma call Iniesta a DM. Continue.

I doubt the unproductive nigga will score the 2 goals required to catch John Terry before the end of his career.

Pedro plays in the Barcelona front 3. Anelka played with the Chelsea front 3 so he is an attacker. You need to choose your FAT carefully, And also choose your facts carefully

Any member of the front 3 in a 4-3-3 is an attacker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 6:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
ArrowAssassin1:
Dani alves has won 29 cups and sits alongside Iniesta, xavi and messi as the players who have won the most trophies in football history.

Read this;

Barcelona full-back Dani Alves has equalled Pele’s Brazilian record for most major honours won, as he helped the Blaugrana to Club World Cup glory on Sunday.

Alves was part of the team that beat River Plate 3-0 thanks to two goals from Luis Suarez and one from Lionel Messi. As noted by Mister Chip, it was a landmark piece of silverware for Alves:
Giggs, Vitor Baia and Daglish sh.it on all of them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:16pm On Dec 12, 2016
lordfalcao:
oga Costa is head and shoulder better than lukaku.. In overall everything...

Telling me Costa started before him is like a story of a boy who grew up to say he is now wiser than his Father.. Since you know Costa started above him why comparing son with father??

After being destroyed, you've shifted to baseless yarns.

Diego Costa started playing when Lukaku was 12 years. The difference in goal output is less than 20 goals overall.

What me I need to know is how Lukaku did not improve Everton.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 6:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ibime:

Dodge what? I genuinely can't tell one dreg from another when relating with the the crude and uncouth underclass of the UP BARKA hoi polloi.

You should have kept us guessing whether you are really a typical whacko, demented, drunk Chelsea fan! Your Obesity which was obviously caused by consumption of too much ogogoro gave us hints, but now you have exposed yourself and we all now know!

I gave you three different replies in one post , you picked only one and changed the entire topic, telling me about Alves and to bet £1 million! I called your attention to it, and you still said the same thing.

Oya rest now, you no gree! you are still spewing rubbish about not being able to differentiate between 2 different monikers posts! Have your cornea been blocked by fat lobules?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 6:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
Nihilist:

After being destroyed, you've shifted to baseless yarns.

Diego Costa started playing when Lukaku was 12 years. The difference in goal output is less than 20 goals overall.

What me I need to know is how Lukaku did not improve Everton.

Destroyed by what?? All your analysis says " lukaku scored little more in the league because he played more. These are poor facts..

I don't care to know when Diego started playing, if lukaku is better he should have outscored him. Less than 20 goals is nothing. grin

Everton started falling from the days of lukaku. If lukaku is gold he should improve Everton just to Europa league spot...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:28pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ibime:

I see Kenedy in the background.

Yeah, he's been around for a while. I'm wondering why he hasn't been fully involved in the first team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 6:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
ArrowAssassin1 care to explaim how Alves surpass Giggs, Baia and Daglish??
wher do you get your facts from self?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
lordfalcao:
Destroyed by what?? All your analysis says " lukaku scored little more in the league because he played more. These are poor facts..

I don't care to know when Diego started playing, if lukaku is better he should have outscored him. Less than 20 goals is nothing. grin

Everton started falling from the days of lukaku. If lukaku is gold he should improve Everton just to Europa league spot...

What's the poor fact?

Lukaku has more goals. Fact

Lukaku has more assists. Fact.

Costa's team creates a ridiculous amount of chances compared to Lukaku. Fact.

Lukaku's output has improved every year since he went to Everton. Fact.

Lukaku's goals have helped take Everton to the Europa spot that you were asking for. Fact.

Take several seats bro. And Wear your facecap

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Pedro plays in the Barcelona front 3. Anelka played with the Chelsea front 3 so he is an attacker. You need to choose your FAT carefully, And also choose your facts carefully

Anelka was an attacker/striker just like Neymar now for Barca. In 4-3-3 formation, three men are leading attack; the LWF, CF and the RWF. While in 4-2-3-1 formation, we have five midfielders and one forward.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
Nihilist:

What's the poor fact?

Lukaku's goals have helped take Everton to the Europa spot that you were asking for. Fact.

Lukaku's problem is not scoring but he is technically average/poor. He is not really good at linking up play when attacking which is not good for big teams.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
homesteady:

You should have kept us guessing whether you are really a typical whacko, demented, drunk Chelsea fan! Your Obesity which was obviously caused by consumption of too much ogogoro gave us hints, but now you have exposed yourself and we all now know!

I gave you three different replies in one post , you picked only one and changed the entire topic, telling me about Alves and to bet £1 million! I called your attention to it, and you still said the same thing.

Oya rest now, you no gree! you are still spewing rubbish about not being able to differentiate between 2 different monikers posts! Have your cornea been blocked by fat lobules?

Is your argument seriously about the number of countries in FIFA in 2005?

This is a troll so I should ignore such pedantry, however I will say that you must be lacking any sort of formal education to be asking such obtuse nonsense.

Who gave you a magic figure that 200 members must vote before an award becomes valid? Just because I said 200+ members voted for Terry?

Intelligent forumites are picking solid arguments, see the angle you went to pick. You see your life for outside?

I don't know or give a phuck how many members FIFA had in 2005. It could be 180 or 210. It could even be just 100, all that matters is that an educated person knows that those numbers represent a valid sample size.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

Oh so they both played the same system?

What then makes Iniesta an unproductive DM being outscored by Terry, while Lampard is an AM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
hensben:
Lukaku's problem is not scoring but he is technically average/poor. He is not really good at linking up play when attacking which is not good for big teams.

He does better than Costa in that regard too.

Lukaku's main problem is his laziness. Everything else he's roughly on par if not better than Costa.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
Chai. Klopp done kill pesin o. Gary Neville, see your life.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has questioned Gary Neville's suitability as a TV pundit by making a reference to his short-lived career as a manager.

Reds goalkeeper Loris Karius has been criticised for his recent displays by Neville and the ex-Manchester United defender's brother Phil.

"He showed he struggled with the job to judge players so why do we let him talk about players on TV?" Klopp said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
Nihilist:

Lukaku's only real experience in England was with West Brom. Diego Costa had just won la liga and made a(brief) appearance in UCL final. I think I know who the more experienced player is.

Anyway, my point is not to prove which player is better. Costa has played in better teams than Lukaku for most of his career and his output is not better than Lukaku's. Infact, it's been exactly the same since 2009.

My point was questioning how Lukaku had not improved Everton, while Costa had improved Chelsea. I want to know what metric we can use to prove such an assertion.

It is not just Costa's goals and assists that are keeping us at the top of the table. Based on Goals and assists alone, we would be third. 2 of the current top 4 have outscored us, and we only have one more goal than City. The reason we are 1st is our mean defence, having conceded the (joint) fewest goals in the league.

What a poor analogy

Harry Kane bettered Vardy, and Aguero tied him last season, yet the Spurs and city defences let them down at crucial points in the season. Leicester only lost 3 games last season, which is why their centreback and DM also made PFA team of the year....

It's not a coincidence that Koeman has already criticised his defenders in the media this season for "really bad defending". Unless your point is that Lukaku most score and defend at the same time

Does winning La Liga and making UCL final appearance make Costa more experienced than Lukaku in the English premier league?

It is interesting how you turned a blind eye on the point that Costa's goals gave us a domestic double in his first season!

Costa is the main reason we are top of the league today. As tight as our defence is, would they have given us 6 points from Boro and West Brom matches?

You still haven't converted their goals per game % let's see who is better.

Strikers A played 20 matches and scored 10 goals and Striker B played 10 matches and scored 8 goals. Striker A must be better because he scored more goals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ibime:

Oh so they both played the same system?

What then makes Iniesta an unproductive DM being outscored by Terry, while Lampard is an AM.

This is foolishness at its peak The individual characteristics of players comes into play doesnt it?

But fat wont let you understand. Robben and Ribery play in the same formation as wingers in a 4231, Yet one scores more than the other

Lampard is played closer to goal and he can shoot better, Iniesta retains possesion better and can control the midfield

Ibime:
If we do judge them, we would judge them within constraints, but the judgement would be more qualitative than quantitative.

Iniesta's passing stats are infinitely better than Lamps because Barca take more touches than Chelsea. Have you checked Iniestas successful dribbles stats in comparison to Lampard?

If I say Lamps is a better scorer than Iniesta, am I wrong?

Stats tell me Iniesta is a better passer and better dribbler. Lampard is a better scorer. . . . .now I can make a judgement on who is better overall and say Iniesta is better overall.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
hensben:
Anelka was an attacker/striker just like Neymar now for Barca. In 4-3-3 formation, three men are leading attack; the LWF, CF and the RWF. While in 4-2-3-1 formation, we have five midfielders and one forward.

Is 4231 the reason Hazard has 2 goals from CL open play? When it gets to CL games to the top games that matter the World cup, the CL semi and finals

Hazard goes back to his first name Hidden
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
raumdeuter:

The individual characteristics of players comes into play doesnt it?

First you told us it was different systems, now you are telling us it is individual characteristics.

Yes, the individual characteristic is that Iniesta is utterly unproductive and uncreative while Lampard is uber productive and creative.

This is why I said Iniesta is just another Cazorla with goodluck. I can count 20 other players that can control possession just as well as Iniesta (Cazorla, Thiago, Modric, Kroos, Schweini, Veratti, Busquets, Alonso, Lahm, Weigl, Kimmich, even phucking Granit Xhaka) but no CM that can produce and create like Lampard, not one. And only 2 AMS that can (Muller, DeBruyne).

Iniesta is just another phucking Cazorla. If I bring out his possession stats here, at least 15 midfielders will place above him, something that couldn't be said of Xavi.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
Someone should check Iniestas passing stats and tell me if he is in the top15 possession controllers in Europe.

Create chances, he cant, score goals, he cant.

They will tell you he is busy controlling possession. How? With only 60 passes per game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
Nihilist:

What's the poor fact?

lukaku has less goals and assist in his career than Costa...

Lukaku didn't take Everton to the Europa league. When he signed Everton finished 5th.. Finished 11th and 11th and might finish lower than 11th again..

Don't tell your son this rubbish when he grows up...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
hensben:
lukaku is a poor man Costa anything he has Costa has it x4..

Good foot work Costa has it, which lukaku don't.
Link up play Costa have it which lukaku dont , in fact lukaku always struggle as a lone striker. He should be mentioned with vardy, icardi and co...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2393) (2394) (2395) (2396) (2397) (2398) (2399) ... (19369) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Puntingnoob, EmmanuelScott1(m), zeusis(m), forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.