Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10542558 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2467) (2468) (2469) (2470) (2471) (2472) (2473) ... (19172) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 7:34pm On Jan 02, 2017
Antonio, whyyyyyyyy??

Meanwhile Afobe pulls out of Congo squad months after switching allegiance. What happened to loyalty?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:43pm On Jan 02, 2017
Vidal @ 30 with his injury history? Bayern are seriously trying to scam us. angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
Ibime:

Have no interest whatsoever in Vidal.

Run-run players lose their appeal when they approach 30.

Besides who will be the passer between him and Kante?

Let's focus on better things abeg. Either Veratti or we just keep Ake.

You have a valid point when u talk about his age but he can still give us 3 solid years!.
There are two important factors which is lacking in our team right now; height and shots from outside the Box, these are qualities which we once had and were masters of, whenever teams came to defend, there was always a Lampard to shoot superb balls from outside the Box! We always had tall players in our squad which really helped us in big matches or in tight contest, for set pieces, we have had John Terry, Drogba, Lampard, bosingwa, ivanovic, cahill, Joe Cole, makalele. We could score lots of goals from set piece.
The fact that cahills goal last match was the only goal we've scored from set piece this season is shocking shocked

We now have too many short players in the squad who rely on skills all the time. A midfield of Kanye and veratti would not be balanced at all. We would just have midgets all over the pitch. We need some tall players now and Vidal would give us not just that height but also shots from outside the Box which we terribly need.

Kante for all his work rate is creatively limited, he is not technical one bit, no vision, no accurate direct passing, no freekicks! He is just there to break up the oppositions play and recover possession( which is much needed).
Vidal balances the equation. He brings everything to the table! He is one beast of a midfielder

Emenalo, bring him on!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:56pm On Jan 02, 2017
donjazet:

You have a valid point when u talk about his age but he can still give us 3 solid years!.
There are two important factors which is lacking in our team right now; height and shots from outside the Box, these are qualities which we once had and were masters of, whenever teams came to defend, there was always a Lampard to shoot superb balls from outside the Box! We always had tall players in our squad which really helped us in big matches or in tight contest, for set pieces, we have had John Terry, Drogba, Lampard, bosingwa, ivanovic, cahill, Joe Cole, makalele. We could score lots of goals from set piece.
The fact that cahills goal last match was the only goal we've scored from set piece this season is shocking shocked

We now have too many short players in the squad who rely on skills all the time. A midfield of Kanye and veratti would not be balanced at all. We need some tall players now and Vidal would give us not just that height but also shots from outside the Box which we terribly need.
Kante for all his work rate is creatively limited, he is not technical one bit, no vision, no accurate direct passing, no freekicks! He is just there to break up the oppositions play and recover possession( which is much needed).
Vidal balances the equation. He brings everything to the table! He is one beast of a midfielder

Emenalo, bring him on!!!

Vidal is only 5 ft 11.

Why not sign Fellaini if you are looking for height?

Vidal is not a passing midfielder. Combination of him with Kante would not be ideal.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:03pm On Jan 02, 2017
donjazet:

We now have too many short players in the squad who rely on skills all the time. A midfield of Kanye and veratti would not be balanced at all. We would just have midgets all over the pitch. We need some tall players now and Vidal would give us not just that height but also shots from outside the Box which we terribly need.

Emenalo, bring him on!!!

Joe Cole ....short man! Makalele......short man! Bosingwa wasnt even tall like dat and was useless with his heads imo.

Everything you said about Kante is wrong! Have you seen Kante contest for the ball in the air before? Abeg no go dere Bros...e no b by height pls..

I don't see how Vidal will last 3years sincerely. Plus, if bayern are willing to let go of a player they just signed last season,bros we need to shine our eye....! Bayern Sabi scam clubs o! You can ask manU to give you their experience.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 8:06pm On Jan 02, 2017
Everything is against West Ham today
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2017
@donjazet, are you one of those 'esteemed' pundits? Cos Everything you said about Kante is just so wrong we should just ban you grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 8:14pm On Jan 02, 2017
Ibime:

Vidal is only 5 ft 11.

Why not sign Fellaini if you are looking for height?

Vidal is not a passing midfielder. Combination of him with Kante would not be ideal.

My bad. I saw his stat earlier, for someone who has 100 career goals and 67 assists, I assumed some must have been from set pieces, but still, this just validates my points, he guarantees goals from midfield and for him to also have 67 career assist shows that he is creative and productive.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 8:21pm On Jan 02, 2017
diggz:

Joe Cole ....short man! Makalele......short man! Bosingwa wasnt even tall like dat and was useless with his heads imo.

Everything you said about Kante is wrong! Have you seen Kante contest for the ball in the air before? Abeg no go dere Bros...e no b by height pls..

I don't see how Vidal will last 3years sincerely. Plus, if bayern are willing to let go of a player they just signed last season,bros we need to shine our eye....! Bayern Sabi scam clubs o! You can ask manU to give you their experience.

FBS:
@donjazet, are you one of those 'esteemed' pundits? Cos Everything you said about Kante is just so wrong we should just ban you grin

If you look at kantes statistics, you see he excels in areas like: tackling, pass accuracy(short passes especially) and maybe ball clearances. When we talk of the other end of the pitch, in terms of scoring or assisting, you can see he isn't really efficient there. Scoring or creating is not a strength of his.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Brestar(f): 8:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
kokaneprodigy:

Wetin I go give her parents then? Na u send am go schl? cheesy cheesy
Lmao. How about Considering your Gunner Allegiance?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
Brestar:

Lmao. How about Considering your Gunner Allegiance?
are u saying that's gonna be a problem? wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Brestar(f): 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
My Brief take on this vidal issue: Conte had previously talked about signing "Players that suits the System". Yes, Conte worked with vidal for 3 years and he (Vidal) obviously knows the formation in and out, but Signing Vidal won't be ideal imo. £34m for a 30 year old? With known injury history would be a rip off. We got Kante for that amount or less. Conte obviously wants to send a warning signal to the oppositions but at that price? F*#king No! Would rather bid £60m straight on Marco Veratti who still has lots of years ahead of him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2017
Vidal ? Is this true ? And is Matic leaving ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
Matic leave go where,? Abeg dyabman stop ooo angry cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2017
I wished Liverpool would slip and it happened. Good job Moyes, good job.

Can we go for the maximum pts at White Hart Lane? That would be a great way to start the year.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
diggz:
Matic leave go where,? Abeg dyabman stop ooo angry cheesy

Mesef dey fear na smiley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2017
chrisley024:
He who's on-top fears fall grin

And who's eternally placed on 6th?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisley024(m): 9:31pm On Jan 02, 2017
Griffon:

And who's eternally placed on 6th?
Fears nothing grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 9:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
Seriously, our boys can do it, I mean there's Hazard, Costa, Kante, Luiz, Courtois, AZPILICUETA and the other guys. It's a win or painful draw for us.

They will attack us with their A-game tomorrow, they could get punished tho if they get too ambitious.

No balls to bet on Chelsea straight win though cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisley024(m): 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2017
Would want a Spurs loss but I miss party here.

I prefer having a party grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 9:36pm On Jan 02, 2017
Chelseafan1:
Seriously, our boys can do it, I mean there's Hazard, Costa, Kante, Luiz, Courtois, AZPILICUETA and the other guys. It's a win or painful draw for us.

They will attack us with their A-game tomorrow, they could get punished tho if they get too ambitious.

No balls to bet on Chelsea straight win though cheesy cheesy cheesy

We can lose but not against Spurs angry

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by knightsTempler: 9:43pm On Jan 02, 2017
Did anyone watched the classless post match interview from Guardiola. I don't care what you've won, it's part of the job. Just be civil. Cringe inducing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:52pm On Jan 02, 2017
knightsTempler:
Did anyone watched the classless post match interview from Guardiola. I don't care what you've won, it's part of the job. Just be civil. Cringe inducing

He has lost it grin grin Just few months into the job grin Him Neva see anything yet.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 9:55pm On Jan 02, 2017
knightsTempler:

I did , and i felt his regret like ( Why am i here ? angry )

Klopp frustration sef no be here grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by knightsTempler: 10:02pm On Jan 02, 2017
donjazet:

He has lost it grin grin Just few months into the job grin Him Neva see anything yet.

I tell ya...Ha ha ha!!! Pep can't get his weird shaped head around how competitive the PL is. Thought he could waltz in here and pick up some trophies. Errr, no Pep. You actually need to earn your trophies in England
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by knightsTempler: 10:12pm On Jan 02, 2017
dyabman:

I did , and i felt his regret like ( Why am i here ? angry )

Klopp frustration sef no be here grin

ROFL!! grin grin Pep's having a midlife crisis!! He keeps looking around the dressing room expecting to see Messi but all he sees is Raheem Sterling and the ghost of Joe Heart. grin cheesy grin cheesy

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2017
knightsTempler:

ROFL!! grin grin Pep's having a midlife crisis!! He keeps looking around the dressing room expecting to see Messi but all he sees is Raheem Sterling and the ghost of Joe Heart. grin cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:40pm On Jan 02, 2017
knightsTempler:

Now this is fvcking funny. Lmao cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:40pm On Jan 02, 2017
These EPL fans sef.

As if thats the first time Guardiola is giving blank stares in an interview, But of course its the EPl getting to him

[img]https:///media/8-05-2015/AlJ1q9.gif[/img]

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 8:39am On Jan 03, 2017
donjazet:

Emenalo, bring him on!!!

If it is height, we have players of considerable height in Cahill, Alonso, Luis, Magic and Costa. Those ones are enough to combat setpieces while the rest exhibit good footie.

Barcelona doesn't have the heights and are coping adequately with set pieces.

Veratti will be a very good addition
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 9:04am On Jan 03, 2017
You have 5 tall defenders and a 'pseudo-short Kante'(if you know what I mean),Veratti is the way o

Other options are Koke and Dahoud
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 03, 2017
bigkesh:
You have 5 tall defenders and a 'pseudo-short Kante'(if you know what I mean),Veratti is the way o

Other options are Koke and Dahoud

We have Fellaini at a very good price...He's taller than an Iroko tree, He has elbows made of titanium and can spark up a crowd.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2467) (2468) (2469) (2470) (2471) (2472) (2473) ... (19172) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Astrid4(m), User09, larride(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.