Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2896) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10526609 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2893) (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) ... (19166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:11pm On May 12, 2017
Ibime:
Yet Modric is pissing on Iniesta abi?
Ask Modric what happened as England knocked Croatia out of 2010 WC qualifiers 5-1 with Lampard brace. Or maybe you prefer the 4-1 result earlier.

Modric pissing on Iniesta? Since Modric got to Madrid Iniesta has won 3 league titles Modric 0. Looks like Modric is pissing on himselfCroatia and England na them dey levels make dem dey drag
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:17pm On May 12, 2017
I just heard the same mediocre Son Heung Min from Leverkusen and Hamburg won the premier league player of the month again

making it twice this season alone.

Bundesliga reject pissing on the EPL

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 2:35pm On May 12, 2017
Ibime:

Maka is not what you think he is. Maka was a deep lying playmaker, that just knew how to defend. I was at Emirates Cup in 2009 or so, PSG Vs Valencia if I remember right, when Maka came on in 2nd half. Oh what passing and control he brought to the game, the game changed immediately.

There is a reason Sir Alex and other top managers used to get their no10 to manmark Makelele, and that's because he was an extraordinary playmaker. That was Rooneys job anytime we played Manure. Redondo no senior am for anything. Stop this nonsense.

I didn't see most of these 'deep lying playmaking' from Maka at Chelsea. All I saw was a man who knew exactly how to screen the backline. All I saw was a ' “ferocious midfield terrier'.

I have always been of the opinion that his skillsets were limited. He never had the best of visions, was never fast and hardly scored goals.

I love the man for real, he is a legend but then again, Redondo struck that balance for me, albeit he wasn't as ferocious as Maka.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:52pm On May 12, 2017
raumdeuter:

Modric pissing on Iniesta? Since Modric got to Madrid Iniesta has won 3 league titles Modric 0. Looks like Modric is pissing on himselfCroatia and England na them dey levels make dem dey drag

Modric is pissing on Iniesta. Na Messi dey piss on Modric. Iniesta na carryalong.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:55pm On May 12, 2017
Griffon:

I didn't see most of these 'deep lying playmaking' from Maka at Chelsea. All I saw was a man who knew exactly how to screen the backline. All I saw was a ' “ferocious midfield terrier'.

I have always been of the opinion that his skillsets were limited. He never had the best of visions, was never fast and hardly scored goals.

I love the man for real, he is a legend but then again, Redondo struck that balance for me, albeit he wasn't as ferocious as Maka.

You were aged 11 to 16 when Maka was at Chelsea. Your eye never mature. I insist there is no manager in football that will pick Redondo over Makelele for his DM. What Redondo does best, Maka is also good at it. But when it comes to defending, they are as different as Barcelona and TP Mazembe.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:00pm On May 12, 2017
Ibime:
Modric is pissing on Iniesta. Na Messi dey piss on Modric. Iniesta na carryalong.

Since Modric got to Madrid can you compare his stats with Iniestas? they play a similar role
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlord2(m): 3:02pm On May 12, 2017
raumdeuter:
I just heard the same mediocre Son Heung Min from Leverkusen and Hamburg won the premier league player of the month again

making it twice this season alone.

Bundesliga reject [/b]pissing on the EPL

Do you [b]lie for a living?
How would a man that made 87 appearances in all competitions for leverkusen and scored 29 goals across 3 seasons...before joining spurs for £22m which in turn made him Asia's most expensive player in football history all based on his bundesliga performances be considered a bundesliga reject?

Na by force to piss? Stop twisting facts to suit your narrative...we no dey SS1 again abeg! angry

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:02pm On May 12, 2017
raumdeuter:

Since Modric got to Madrid can you compare his stats with Iniestas? they play a similar role

I don't compare CM attacking stats, only AMs and Strikers.

Go and bring Iniestas stats pre-2014 when you claimed he was an AM, let's compare with his fellow AMs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:07pm On May 12, 2017
Ibime:
I don't compare CM attacking stats, only AMs and Strikers.
Go and bring Iniestas stats pre-2014 when you claimed he was an AM, let's compare with his fellow AMs.

So what stats do we use to compare CM? Iniesta has won more league titles than Modric has more assists, WHat does Modric have more than iniesta
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:09pm On May 12, 2017
raumdeuter:

So what stats do we use to compare CM? Iniesta has won more league titles than Modric has more assists, WHat does Modric have more than iniesta

Stop it bruh. Iniesta is not even better than LaMasia midfielders these days.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlord2(m): 3:10pm On May 12, 2017
Griffon:

Ibime I think this assessment of redondo and makalele is spot on! I saw them both play in their primes! Redondo would be the more complete player of the 2( as regards to technique, dribbling skills and all round contribution to the teams cause) but defensively makalele was excellent more supreme but technically limited! Both men were 2 different types of midfield generals..

Fact!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:12pm On May 12, 2017
Funlord2:

Do you lie for a living? How would a man that made 87 appearances in all competitions for leverkusen and scored 29 goals across 3 seasons...before joining spurs for £22m which in turn made him Asia's most expensive player in football history all based on his bundesliga performances be considered a bundesliga reject?
Na by force to piss? Stop twisting facts to suit your narrative...we no dey SS1 again abeg! angry

When you are succesful in the Bundesliga, you either go to Bayern Madrid Barca Manure PSG or Chelsea not to freaking Spurs. For those top clubs not to be interested shows he was just a mediocre talent like Firmino

But here he is winning best players for 2 months in the weak EPL, the same player who no one cared about in Bundesliga

Son in leverkusen will be the equivalent of Kevin Mirallas in Everton
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:12pm On May 12, 2017
Ibime:
Stop it bruh. Iniesta is not even better than LaMasia midfielders these days.

Yet he has shat on Modric in the last 5 seasons consistently
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:13pm On May 12, 2017
Funlord2:

Ibime I think this assessment of redondo and makalele is spot on! I saw them both play in their primes! Redondo would be the more complete player of the 2( as regards to technique, dribbling skills and all round contribution to the teams cause) but defensively makalele was excellent more supreme but technically limited! Both men were 2 different types of midfield generals..

Fact!

Makelele was far from technically limited, and if you think so, go and ask Sir Alex why he manmarked Makelele every game. Have you seen technically limited defensive midfielder being manmarked before?

I bet you don't know that Makelele once took his team to UCL semifinal as an AM. Tell me which season, let's test your memory.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:14pm On May 12, 2017
raumdeuter:

Yet he has shat on Modric in the last 5 seasons consistently

For your mind.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:19pm On May 12, 2017
Ibime:
For your mind.

3 league titles to 0

El CLassico since Modric got to Spain Barca 5 Madrid 3
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlord2(m): 3:20pm On May 12, 2017
Ibime:

Makelele was far from technically limited, and if you think so, go and ask Sir Alex why he manmark Makelele every game. Have you seen technically limited defensive midfielder being manmarked before?

Can you honestly remember makalele ever dribbling anyone before? Or doing feints? Or delivering raking cross field passes? Or scoring screamers? ( apart from one he scored against spurs whereby the whole team had to remove his shoe and celebrate with him because it was such a rarity?)...

Man marking is part of football, makalele's defensive ability, reading of the movements of attacking players and talent for snuffing out attacks is a sure bet as to why any smart coach would say.."listen lads that guy can cause problems with our build ups.._fuck him up one time!"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:21pm On May 12, 2017
raumdeuter:

3 league titles to 0

El CLassico since Modric got to Spain Barca 5 Madrid 3

Thanks for telling us about Messis achievements. Now shut up, make I yarn with better pesin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:26pm On May 12, 2017
Funlord2:

Can you honestly remember makalele ever dribbling anyone before? Or doing feints? Or delivering raking cross field passes? Or scoring screamers? ( apart from one he scored against spurs whereby the whole team had to remove his shoe and celebrate with him because it was such a rarity?)...

Man marking is part of football, makalele defensive ability, reading of the movements of attacking players and talent for snuffing out attacks is a sure bet as to why any smart coach would say.."listen lads that guy can cause problems with our build ups.._fuck him up one time!"

Yes, go and watch 90 minutes match not media hyperbole about the Makelele role.

Makeleles signature move was the Kanu drag, the same one Kanu used to flummox Brazil in Atlanta 96. Makelele did the Kanu drag about 20 times per game.

Technically, Makelele was perfect. He can do the half-turn or the Kanu drag to get away from his opponent, then he passes the ball. What business does DM have doing dribbles in congested area? Have you ever seen Xavi dribbling in that area apart from the half-turn?

If you want to see dribbles, go and type in Makelele Nantes in YouTube, you will see dribbles. That was when Makelele was an AM. Makelele has more career assists than Redondo by the way.

Trust me, there is no way Ferguson will ask Rooney to manmark a defensive midfielder who is just there to tackle. In Ferguson's words, if you stop Makelele playing, you stop Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlord2(m): 3:37pm On May 12, 2017
Ibime:

Makeleles signature move was the Kanu drag, the same one Kanu used to flummox Brazil in Atlanta 96. Makelele did the Kanu drag about 20 times per game.

Technically, Makelele was perfect. He can do the half-turn or the Kanu drag to get away from his opponent, then he passes the ball. What business does DM have doing dribbles in congested area? Have you ever seen Xavi dribbling in that area apart from the half-turn?

If you want to see dribbles, go and type in Makelele Nantes in YouTube, you will see dribbles. That was when Makelele was an AM. Makelele has more career assists than Redondo by the way.

Trust me, there is no way Ferguson will ask Rooney to manmark a defensive midfielder who is just there to tackle. In Ferguson's words, if you stop Makelele playing, you stop Chelsea.

Nantes? The makalele I actually knew was the one who was always in and out of the real madrid team and the defensively astute one who became a lynchpin of joses legendary chelsea sides! And don't you think his subsequent coaches saw that his real talent lay in DM hence the reason why they all set him up there?

Are you sure that nantes era was not during pre season or someone's testimonial? Even ask some of your blue brethren here whether they feel Maka has the chops to have played as an AM for chelsea and gauge their responses! After all a couple of you tube videos in your experimental youth makes not a career! Compared to Redondo? He was technically limited! Ask these homies!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 3:42pm On May 12, 2017
PattyCake:

...But he couldn't rescue his team from being flung out.
yes the same way pogba couldn't restore your team to 4th
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:48pm On May 12, 2017
Funlord2:

Nantes? The makalele I actually knew was the one who was always in and out of the real madrid team and the defensively astute one who became a lynchpin of joses legendary chelsea sides! And don't you think his subsequent coaches saw that his real talent lay in DM hence the reason why they all set him up there?

Are you sure that nantes era was not during pre season or someone's testimonial? Even ask some of your blue brethren here whether they feel Maka has the chops to have played as an AM for chelsea and gauge their responses! After all a couple of you tube videos in your experimental youth makes not a career! Compared to Redondo? He was technically limited! Ask these homies!

We are talking about technical prowess, that's why I had to tell you this is someone who took his team to UCL SEMIFINAL as an AM.

A DMs way of showing technique is to receive the ball, do the half-turn, play quick pass to teammates and don't lose the ball. DM does not need to do 10 different moves. The best players only focus on two or three different moves, which they do excellently and they cut out all the fluff from their game. That's why my favourite player Xavi has only one move, receive the ball, spin on half-turn and play the pass. Makelele also cut his game down to two basic moves - the half-turn and the Kanu drag. Once he does that perfectly to ensure that he never loses the ball as a DM, he doesn't need to start anything fancy to convince you he has technique. Makelele had 100% technique for his role.

This is the Kanu drag he used multiple times per game. It's only recorded because there was a goal on the end of it. To know more, go and watch 90 minutes match, and leave out the commentator's "Makelele role" hyperbole that put him in a box as a destroyer only.

[img]http:///media/5-12-2017/o-lEYI.gif[/img]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obafemee80(m): 3:49pm On May 12, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

What of player and coach of the month?
Spurs double for six wins in April
Mauricio Pochettino-Coach
Son Heung Min-Player
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:49pm On May 12, 2017
Ibime:

You were aged 11 to 16 when Maka was at Chelsea. Your eye never mature. I insist there is no manager in football that will pick Redondo over Makelele for his DM. What Redondo does best, Maka is also good at it. But when it comes to defending, they are as different as Barcelona and TP Mazembe.

Hehe. Yeah yeah, I was born between that age cat when Maka first signed for us but growing up I was able to lay my hands on video clips that helped me with the assessment of the two men.

I don't need to be born in the 60s to authoritatively tell you that Maradona's style of play was mainly centered on dribbling cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:56pm On May 12, 2017
Ibime:

He could have done all these at Nantes and I might be wrong with my claim that he was limited.

My assessment of him was post-2003 when he joined us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2017
Griffon:

Hehe. Yeah yeah, I was born between that age cat when Maka first signed for us but growing up I was able to lay my hands on video clips that helped me with the assessment of the two men.

I don't need to be born in the 60s to authoritatively tell you that Maradona's style of play was mainly centered on dribbling cheesy

Highlights will tell you a dribblers style of play but to know a DMs technique, you need to watch 90 minutes and know what you are watching. I recommend watching the full 2nd half of UCL final 2008 if you want to know what Makeleles technique is all about.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 4:20pm On May 12, 2017
obafemee80:

Spurs double for six wins in April
Mauricio Pochettino-Coach
Son Heung Min-Player

Thanks bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:59pm On May 12, 2017
Are you ready?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nmadu1: 7:01pm On May 12, 2017
In 60mins......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 7:06pm On May 12, 2017
Team to face West Brom: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Matic, Fabregas, Alonso; Pedro, Diego Costa, Hazard. #WBACH
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 7:08pm On May 12, 2017
Tonight’s subs: Begovic, Zouma, Terry, Ake, Kante, Willian, Batshuayi. #WBACHE

Let's go there!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 12, 2017
Their fada...... We are winning the Title Today....

(1) (2) (3) ... (2893) (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) ... (19166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bolu96(m), airmark(m), Ibime(m), LordAdam16 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.