Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,214 members, 7,867,526 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:47 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10763582 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3208) (3209) (3210) (3211) (3212) (3213) (3214) ... (19450) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
BlueAngel444:

So Rooney isn't worth shit?

U know Chelsea's fans honor d fact dat he might have been worth crap but to u guys even crap wud be an overhype...
bla bla bla
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by funlord(m): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2017
eph12:

The 10mil was paid to Everton? Or Rooney was supposed to take the money to Everton as per account manager abi?

You get time!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2017
nateevs:

Hehe. Figures mate, figures! Given that statistically, a whole league sells about 5m to 6m shirts per season, how can you justify that? The clubs with the highest selling number of shirts are probably Barcelona, Bayern, United, Madrid and Chelsea. I bet no one of them sells more than 2m shirts per season. Given that most of these shirts sell between £35 and £80 and at an average £50 per shirts, the highest earners make an estimated £100m per season from combined team shirt sales. This is Real Madrid level sales.

Even if Neymar makes up for a whopping 70% shirt sales in a 1.5m (grossly overstated sales number) for PSG; at £50 per shirt, he would make no more that £75m per season. The catch though is that about 70-80% of those sales go to Adidas/Nike, leaving PSG with a paltry £15m/year from Neymar's estimated shirt sales.

Look at the figures mate! Double the figures if you like, triple the sales if you want, how can Neymar ever pay back €222m transfer fee over, let alone the reported £200m salary over 5 years? Neymar will need to be pusing PSG shirt sales to about 5m shirts a year to stand any chance of ever repaying his transfer fee. To put things in perspective, the whole of the Premier league sells no more than 5m shirts.

How do you make such declaration with a straight face?

Finally... someone willing to talk figures!!

In respect of shirt sales... the likes of United, Barca and Madrid have been hitting approx 2M or more in the past three seasons. PSG sold around 650K. Neymar was no 11 on the list of players with the highest number of shirt sales. It will not be wrong to project that Bevan push PSG shirt sales to around 1M per season. Football jerseys of top clubs are sold for 80 to 90 quids. If we assume that Neymar would sell about half a million that is about 40M. You are correct that the kit makers get around 70% of shirt sales revenue, 30% of 40M will account for 12M per year on jersey sales alone.

Neymar's market pull and fame in South America and Asia should conveniently provide an increment of close to 20M per season if Man United without a player as marketable as Neymar is able to pull about around 130M per year.

Lastly, if you consider that top clubs such as Madrid and United usually get about 30 to 40% of total value of their players individual endorsement, we should be looking at another 20M or more.

In total that will be approximately 50M per year based on his presence without taking into consideration on-field related earnings.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2269599/Manchester-Uniteds-incredible-list-sponsors-helping-3billion-super-club.html

https://www.google.fi/amp/s/hypebeast.com/2016/11/football-club-players-with-most-shirt-sales-2016%3famp=1
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2017
funlord:

You get time!

It is laughable bro!

Someone that cannot recognise the business benefit of taking a Rooney in the twilight of his career off the club's books.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2017
BlueAngel444:

Good day nateevs, am of the opinion that Rudiger isnt better than Andreas Christensen... dey re kinda on par with each other

Are you our very own Bluediva?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2017
raumdeuter:

This Cahill new style of defending is top notch, Na to blow ball breeze

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by jaysmallz(m): 10:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
olabode89:

Mbappe for anything more than 50M pounds is a poor investment. Scoring 26 league goals playing in the French league is not a major achievement. Although he is extremely talented with huge potential. I think he needs to replicate the same performance and stats for at least one more season.

Same thing I thought....well,madrid have the cash
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lekkie073(m): 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
raumdeuter:

calm down....na just preseason grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by jaysmallz(m): 10:47pm On Jul 26, 2017
Andreas Christensen has given his backing to Chelsea's youth system after the club faced criticism for selling their developing stars.

This summer alone, the Premier League champions have sold Dominic Solanke, Bertrand Traore and Nathan Ake, but some reportedly had buyback clauses inserted in their deals.

Last season, the Blues sent 38 players on loan, one of whom was Christensen, who has spent the last two years at Borussia Monchengladbach.

According to the London Evening Standard, when asked if he thought that Chelsea's academy helps the young players, Christensen said: "I'd like to think so. Some people say that they just abandon you, that they don't keep an eye on you, but that is definitely not true.

"There is [loan technical coach] Eddie Newton and [assistant] Paulo Ferreira doing a great job and they visited me quite a few times.

"They would also send me videos of my games, telling me where to improve. I always watched those videos, would take the advice on board and take it into the next game, even though sometimes I'd forget another thing. I got all the help I needed. "

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 12:22am On Jul 27, 2017
I think we can now say Conte is extremely frustrated with our transfers dealings so far

Read his recent presser
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 1:23am On Jul 27, 2017
"If I had to buy one striker I would go to Kane. He is a complete striker. He is strong physically, with the ball, without the ball, he fights and he's strong in the air and acrobatic on the right and the left.

"If you go to buy Kane now it would be at least £100m."

CONTE

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by jaysmallz(m): 1:46am On Jul 27, 2017
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has revealed his dream striker signing would be Tottenham's Harry Kane.

The Italian, who has brought in Alvaro Morata for £58m, was not suggesting the Blues are looking to buy the England striker, but spoke of his admiration for the 23-year-old.

Kane has finished as the Premier League's top goalscorer for the past two seasons, and when answering a question about Tottenham's title ambitions, Conte said: "Tottenham is a really good squad if they are able to keep all the players.

"For me, Kane, now, is one of the best strikers in the world.

"If I had to buy one striker I would go to Kane. He is a complete striker. He is strong physically, with the ball, without the ball, he fights and he's strong in the air and acrobatic on the right and the left.

"He's a complete player. He's one of the top strikers in the world. If you go to buy Kane now it would be at least £100m.

Conte also revealed that Chelsea missed out on right-back Kyle Walker, who moved to Manchester City earlier this summer for an initial fee of £45m which could rise to £50m.

"We tried to buy Walker," he said. "Honestly, I think now every single player is expensive. For you to even enquire about one player, he is expensive.

"You go to buy a right-back, a left-back or a central defender and he is expensive. It is very difficult in the transfer market for the teams that need to improve their squads."

shocked...what a signing would that have been
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by jaysmallz(m): 1:52am On Jul 27, 2017
shocked shocked shocked...Mbappe

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:25am On Jul 27, 2017
jaysmallz:

Wow... I would go for the four islands
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:30am On Jul 27, 2017
raumdeuter:

Lmao!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 27, 2017
Kane is really a good striker apart from injuries, i go with conte on this one

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 9:47am On Jul 27, 2017
spartacus11:

"If you go to buy Kane now it would be at least £100m."

CONTE
after watching Morata train

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 11:12am On Jul 27, 2017
jaysmallz:
the Lord is my Shepherd
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 11:15am On Jul 27, 2017
PietroRico:
Kane is too good...Morata has that Kane attribute but soft..well let's see what will happen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 11:23am On Jul 27, 2017
That Mbappe no too old pass me o.. Nawa undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godstraight(m): 11:45am On Jul 27, 2017
J
PietroRico:
what about lukaku?,is he now mates with kane
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2017
Skimpledawg:
That Mbappe no too old pass me o.. Nawa undecided

You mean you are less than 18yrs of age? Hmmmmm...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2017
PietroRico:
Same way Mourinho thought of resigning Zlatan a day after Lukaku's first training session

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho said Paul Pogba is on the same level as Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar following his performance against Barcelona.

Which weed his he smoking?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2017
Mourinho said Pogba is on the level of Messi, Ronaldo NEYMAR

Any reason why he didnt mention Hidden Hazard

chelseafan1, hensben
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
raumdeuter:

chelseafan1, hensben

I can see you agree with Mou(Ur sworn enemy) dayo.....is it bcuz Ur enemy is putting down another of ur enemy in hazard?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:41pm On Jul 27, 2017
diggz:
I can see you agree with Mou(Ur sworn enemy) dayo.....is it bcuz Ur enemy is putting down another of ur enemy in hazard?

Agreeing with Mourinho how. I just wonder if Mourinho has forgotten about a player called Hazard, Chelseas version of Wilfred Zahard

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
raumdeuter:

Agreeing with Mourinho how. I just wonder if Mourinho has forgotten about a player called Hazard, Chelseas version of Wilfred Zahard

Na u Sabi Bros.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2017
raumdeuter:

chelseafan1, hensben

I do not think he would say that for real.

No player in the world is on Messi and Cr7's level.

Neymar is still the closest to them and playing for Barcelonafc, he has everything in the world to reign after them.

That's why I want him to go to PSG or EPL. He's gonna shine but winning UCL, Ballon D'or and other trophies generally won't be easy for him in those places like Barca.

Hazard has won several trophies and awards with Chelsea, let Pogba win the EPL first b4 making a noise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2017
"It is logical that when you must be tough, you must be tough.

If you want an identity you need all players to go into your idea. Otherwise it is very difficult, if I want to give the identity to the club and ask the No. 10 to stay in his position and this No. 10 is around the pitch, it is very difficult to give this identity.

"The coach becomes crazy, this is true. The coach must be in total control of the dressing room. Otherwise there is anarchy. Yes, anarchy.

If this doesn't happen, you are preparing yourself for death. If you lose control, probably you will be sacked in one or two months. If you are lucky, three months." - Conte

I believe Diego Costa have got mail to sign but then, it is yet to be seen how he receives it now that he is no longer within UK.

However, all mails destined for delivery outside the UK is transported to our satellite delivery offices across the globe. Maybe, the troubled forward could just pay a visit to our office in Rio De Janeiro, city where he is reportedly chilling out.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
bigkesh:
The way the market is going, everybody go fall back to their youth team at last
na wetin go soon happen in future.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
From a tactical viewpoint, could it be Costa was getting couple of things wrong while on the field of play last season which we the fans never spotted? Instructions which went entirely wrong with Conte's?

Like "Stay right in the box and don't wander around the pitch", "Press the defenders when off the ball" etc?

It is widely accepted that Costa's attitude is the principal reason Conte went through with the plan to text him "Scram", BUT just what if it was far from that? Just what if it was down to some tactical reasons?

According to Conte, Costa doesn't feature in his plans for next season. And from his interview which I put up there, Conte was seen saying this:

If you want an identity you need all players to go into your idea

What if he is really implying about his footballing ideology?

Would you agree with his decision having seen Costa net incredible goals for the club in our two title winning seasons?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3208) (3209) (3210) (3211) (3212) (3213) (3214) ... (19450) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Realtord43, toluxe0075, WhoDeyHause, Caicedobets(m), andrewbaba44 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.