Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10515198 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3515) (3516) (3517) (3518) (3519) (3520) (3521) ... (19152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 9:29am On Sep 02, 2017
diggz:

You need to first ascertain the number of players involved with the squad last season and which are no more as at today. I am not even going to add players on loan like traore and cuadrado.

So let's start shall we

Number of players that left cfc

Ake-

Cholabah-

Begovic-

Rlc--- loan

Matic-

Terry-

Not forgetting that diemon Costa was effectively out of contes squad till we couldn't sell him... grin

Number of players which came in

Caballero- free

Babayokos-

Morata-

Drinkwater-

Zappa Costa-

Rudiger-

I have left the money aspect to you. Just look at the numbers of ins and outs and see if conte went over board. Even if you choose to rule out the amounts paid for Ake and cholabah you still cannot rule out the fact that we needed to fill in the space they left in the squad.

So please do your calculations again chief....

I am not saying Conte did not do well, infact he made adequate replacements and spent wisely, but with such upgrades he should be bossing the league, may be I did not consider Costa's feud with Conte. But in all there is a massive improvement from last season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 9:30am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

Rooney scored 8 goals last season with few starts, and you can't rule out his leadership contribution same with Terry whom I included as an important player. Yes Ibra won't play till Jan. Marcus Rojo was our best defender last season and is out till December.

This is the best reply for you, u still haven't told us who ur team sold for Matic, Lindelof and Lukaku.

Your squad depth is so rich, you have Herrera-better-than-Kante on the bench.

Godstraight:
this is what I am saying Chelsea are not the giant spending Juggernaut they use to be we have left that for the man city's and psg's of this world,last season we were not in Europe and it boosted our pl chances,this season we are, we needed depth we got depthwe did with a net spend of 74m(I doubt it mattered who we sold) to achieve that,so we are not favorite for the league but it doesn't mean we can't win it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 9:33am On Sep 02, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Are you making excuse for your team already?

We sold Matic, Costa hasn't kicked a ball for us, apparently, he's not even in England.

Replaced Matic with Bakayoko

Replaced Costa with Morata?

Who did you sell for Matic?

Who did you sell for Lukaku?

We did not have any recognized natural DM last season, hence Matic, Lukaku is for injured Zlatan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 9:37am On Sep 02, 2017
Chelseafan1:

This is the best reply for you, u still haven't told us who ur team sold for Matic, Lindelof and Lukaku.

Your squad depth is so rich, you have Herrera-better-than-Kante on the bench.

Lindelof for Rojo
Lukaku for ibrahimovic
Matic to take up an empty area left by ageing Carrick
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:38am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

I am not saying Conte did not do well, infact he made adequate replacements and spent wisely, but with such upgrades he should be bossing the league, may be I did not consider Costa's feud with Conte. But in all there is a massive improvement from last season.

Has he failed yet? We have only lost a match in a very controversial manner....which we almost drew playing with 9men.

Even the new buys haven't really had much playing time asides morata and we are 3points from you guys.

I don't know about bossing the league....but we will do just fine. You fail to recognize the fact that liverpool,mancity and spurs have done very good businesses too.

Anyways we have till next year lets wait and see.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 9:40am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

We did not have any recognized natural DM last season, hence Matic, Lukaku is for injured Zlatan.

You did not have any recognised DM last season and your coach decided to break the transfer record for a single player when the money could have easily got him 2 sound midfielders. Whose fault is that?

Let's even pretend that you didn't have Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick, Blind who can all play as Dm.

Martial and Rashford can play as strikers.

How can you depend on a 36 year old Ibra as ur best striker? I'm not sure Ibra will come back nd bench Lukaku, so dts not the reason he bot Lukaku, I'm not buying that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 9:40am On Sep 02, 2017
Godstraight:
this is what I am saying Chelsea are not the giant spending Juggernaut they use to be we have left that for the man city's and psg's of this world,last season we were not in Europe and it boosted our pl chances,this season we are, we needed depth we got depthwe did with a net spend of 74m(I doubt it mattered who we sold) to achieve that,so we are not favorite for the league but it doesn't mean we can't win it.

Are you saying Chelsea are not favorites? United finished 6th last year they should be the dark horse not favourite. Chelsea and City are favorites
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 9:43am On Sep 02, 2017
diggz:

Has he failed yet? We have only lost a match in a very controversial manner....which we almost drew playing with 9men.

Even the new buys haven't really had much playing time asides morata and we are 3points from you guys.

I don't know about bossing the league....but we will do just fine. You fail to recognize the fact that liverpool,mancity and spurs have done very good businesses too.

Anyways we have till next year lets wait and see.

You are right, but you know, nobody wants the favorite tag, mourinho refused to accept it. Dayo is already doing it for his oga.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:44am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

Are you saying Chelsea are not favorites? United finished 6th last year they should be the dark horse not favourite. Chelsea and City are favorites

Oga forget this Ur yan....I hv a bet on manU to win this season. Dunno why u wan dey form for here.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 9:45am On Sep 02, 2017
Chelseafan1:

You did not have any recognised DM last season and your coach decided to break the transfer record for a single player when the money could have easily got him 2 sound midfielders. Whose fault is that?

Let's even pretend that you didn't have Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick, Blind who can all play as Dm.

Carrick is already 36, he is only their just for motivating the young players, blind is a Left back, Felliani and Herrera are not Natural DM. Hence the signing of matic
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:46am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

You are right, but you know, nobody wants the favorite tag, mourinho refused to accept it. Dayo is already doing it for his oga.

I openly declared my support for manU to win the league immediately you guys got matic n lukaku plus I hv a bet on it too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 9:46am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

Lindelof for Rojo
Lukaku for ibrahimovic
Matic to take up an empty area left by ageing Carrick

Rojo and 36yo Ibra didn't get sold.

Matic, Terry have been sold.

Costa has not been with us, he myt not even play for us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 9:47am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

Carrick is already 36, he is only their just for motivating the young players, blind is a Left back, Felliani and Herrera are not Natural DM. Hence the signing of matic

What is Fellaini's natural position.?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 9:47am On Sep 02, 2017
diggz:

Oga forget this Ur yan....I hv a bet on manU to win this season. Dunno why u wan dey form for here.....

Lmao, the bookies will like you, you are betting on a team that finished sixth, spending less that City and the champions?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 9:50am On Sep 02, 2017
diggz:

I openly declared my support for manU to win the league immediately you guys got matic n lukaku plus I hv a bet on it too.

It's a dangerous bet, matic and Lukaku are not world class, so can't possibly lift a team from 6th to 1st. If it happens them it's a massive achievement
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 9:51am On Sep 02, 2017
Chelseafan1:

What is Fellaini's natural position.?

Central midfield and supporting striker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:53am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

It's a dangerous bet, matic and Lukaku are not world class, so can't possibly lift a team from 6th to 1st. If it happens them it's a massive achievement

This man u just come here to find wahala.....I no shook mouth inside Ur talk again grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 9:54am On Sep 02, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Rojo and 36yo Ibra didn't get sold.

Matic, Terry have been sold.

Costa has not been with us, he myt not even play for us.

But are out till January, 19 year old Rashford is too tender to lead our line. Rojo Will be out for the remainder of the year, Bailly and Jones are suspended for European games, so that is the reason for lindelof.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 9:57am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

Central midfield and supporting striker.

Lol, that guy was a natural DM at Everton. He can also play as a CM.

That year on FM 2012, Fellaini na strong EPL dm.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 9:59am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

Who lifted Chelsea from 10th to 1st? I want to know how World class the person(s) is/are.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:00am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

But are out till January, 19 year old Rashford is too tender to lead our line. Rojo Will be out for the remainder of the year, Bailly and Jones are suspended for European games, so that is the reason for lindelof.

European games not EPL games abi?

The European games sef, is it 1 year suspension or what?

Even if it's 1 year, suspension is not the same as sold.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:01am On Sep 02, 2017
Chelseafan1 you get time o!! I see you dey follow them dey talk for manU thread.....Na shameless people grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2017
conte v mou expenses in pounds: 2016 chelsea spent: 120m sold: 96m 2017 chelsea spent: 188m sold: 100m 2016 manu spent: 150m sold: 44m 2017 manu spent: 145m sold: frankly below 10m. neglecting income chelsea has spent more in purchases by 13m on transfers, manu generates more income than chelsea (per shirt sales as thats the value of a player to a team) but manu's other expenses like salaries, agent fees are double what chelsea spend like in the case of lukaku, rooney, pogba. chelsea make a ton from loans this year alone 33 players are out on loan (70m probably generated)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godstraight(m): 10:05am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

am not a pundit but the ones I saw in a reputable football network gave Chelsea little chance of winning the league (like last season), 1out of 40 said Chelsea will win the league,they were most fancying the Manchester clubs
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 10:05am On Sep 02, 2017
Ibime:
So after everything Diego Costa did to jeopardise his own career for Atletico, they could not even reciprocate by dropping £40m on him. He must be feeling like Drake this morning - mōtherfuckers never loved him.

This is a lesson in life, don't put yourself at risk for someone who won't put themselves at risk for you.

Hahaha

Commit to no cause but yours
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SetrakusRa(m): 10:06am On Sep 02, 2017
The point is.. Chelsea UPGRADED their team, ManUtd FIXED theirs..

The champions that upgraded their team are favourites, than 6th team that fixed their shortcomings of last season.. Chelsea must win the league and FA Cup this season, with atleast a QFinal finish in UCL.

BTW, i think netspend is irrelevant in the current transfer market.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 10:07am On Sep 02, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Who lifted Chelsea from 10th to 1st? I want to know how World class the person(s) is/are.

That was a massive achievement by Conte. But no one mate Conte the favorite and heaping pressure on him last season the way every body is now stylishly conceding the league to Jose, so that when he fails to win it, he is a fraud.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 10:11am On Sep 02, 2017
BlueAngel444:
conte v mou expenses in pounds: 2016 chelsea spent: 120m sold: 96m 2017 chelsea spent: 188m sold: 100m 2016 manu spent: 150m sold: 44m 2017 manu spent: 145m sold: frankly below 10m. neglecting income chelsea has spent more in purchases by 13m on transfers, manu generates more income than chelsea (per shirt sales as thats the value of a player to a team) but manu's other expenses like salaries, agent fees are double what chelsea spend like in the case of lukaku, rooney, pogba. chelsea make a ton from loans this year alone 33 players are out on loan (70m probably generated)

Selling irrelevant academy players doesn't impact on the team. Conte massively upgraded the champions so should be favourites, not a sixth place team that plugged a few holes.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:13am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

Selling irrelevant academy players doesn't impact on the team. Conte massively upgraded the champions so should be favourites, not a sixth place team that plugged a few holes.

What is your definition of massive upgrade?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 10:14am On Sep 02, 2017
SetrakusRa:
The point is.. Chelsea UPGRADED their team, ManUtd FIXED theirs..

The champions that upgraded their team are favourites, than 6th team that fixed their shortcomings of last season.. Chelsea must win the league and FA Cup this season, with atleast a QFinal finish in UCL.

BTW, i think netspend is irrelevant in the current transfer market.

Net spend is truly irrelevant, only Matic had a direct impact on the team winning the league last season. Selling on loan youngsters is not selling key players.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 10:18am On Sep 02, 2017
diggz:

What is your definition of massive upgrade?

BakaYoko an upgrade on Matic.

Rudiger an upgrade on the aged Terry.

Additions:

Morata, Christensen, Drinkwater and zappacosta.

Is that not a massive upgrade to the team that won EPL
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:21am On Sep 02, 2017
CapitalCee:

BakaYoko an upgrade on Matic.

Rudiger an upgrade on the aged Terry.

Additions:

Morata, Christensen, Drinkwater and zappacosta.

Is that not a massive upgrade to the team that won EPL

You are trolling bro grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3515) (3516) (3517) (3518) (3519) (3520) (3521) ... (19152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: swiz123(m), raumdeuter, Ballzproblem2, GiftOfLyf and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.