Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10545133 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3709) (3710) (3711) (3712) (3713) (3714) (3715) ... (19175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
afrodoc2:

Maldini, Baresi, Desailly, Blanc, Vierchowood, Sammer, Kohler, Hierro, Bergomi, Cannavaro. And i am talking about quality or ability not just having a better career.

I can question guys like Bergomi Hierro over Montero
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by spartacus11(m): 12:11am On Sep 26, 2017
MORATA

Forward: The Diego Costa era at Chelsea is over. Now it's about

Alvaro Morata, whose great start shows no signs of abating. He was imperious as Chelsea waltzed to their win at Stoke, with his hat trick making it six goals in six Premier League games. The first was the classiest of finishes after he had controlled a long pass forward, the second deft and the third a right-place, right-time tap-in. "Superb," says Nicol, while Mariner announces: "Chelsea fans can relax -- they have a top goalscorer in their ranks."

http://kwese.espn.com/football/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3212584/moratas-first-premier-league-hat-trick-has-him-in-team-of-the-weekend

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LoRdCaT(m): 12:17am On Sep 26, 2017
diggz:

Eph12,lana1,weedtaker,elrony,leyqute,hoopLA, loRdCaT, funlord dopejemi jaykaymaybachz, larride you have a mail guys...j
Bros reason that guy matter well, him get sense? No just answer truthfully, that nigger well? That mail worth delivering?

I cannot waste my previous time attending to a brain-dead idiota.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:30am On Sep 26, 2017
raumdeuter:

I can question guys like Bergomi Hierro over Montero

The defensive set up at Juve aided those guys. Iuliano is decent and Ciro n Montero were good but not world class. But that team was built to defend. Having a good defensive record was about the WHOLE UNIT including the plethora of hatchet men in front of them.
tachinardi, davids, paulo sousa, deschamps, zambrotta, di livio et al at different times.

While Iuliano was struggling to make the Italian squad in this dominant Juve side young boys like Nesta and Cannavaro were making team from less successful clubs, so it wasn't about any king maldini or prince costacurta blocking him.

The young Hierro was better in my opinion but he played in a system that exposed the CBs. Bergomi maybe you are right, his best years were late 80s and early 90s.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:32am On Sep 26, 2017
afrodoc2:

Maldini, Baresi, Desailly, Blanc, Vierchowood, Sammer, Kohler, Hierro, Bergomi, Cannavaro. And i am talking about quality or ability not just having a better career.

Vierchowod, Bergomi and Baresi were finished when Montero was taking off in Serie in 1996. Desailly was no patch on Montero from when Montero arrived in Italy and was chased away to Chelsea in 1998. Blanc was a disgrace at Barca during that same period (1996 to 2000) and was chased away to Marseille. Cannavaro was the equivalent of Eric Dier today during that same period as part of a young and promising Parma side, but trophyless and without renown. Hierro was conceding a lot of goals that period also.

Come to think of it, only the two Bayern boys of those you mentioned can arguably be placed above him for that period, and I can't even speak of that with authority as I wasn't following Bundesliga closely. You suppose dey mention Adams and Maldini dem sef, not these expired products.

Trust me, you cannot name top 10 respected defenders 1996 to 2000 without mentioning Ferrara and Montero.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:43am On Sep 26, 2017
Ibime:

Vierchowod, Bergomi and Baresi were finished when Montero was taking off in Serie in 1996. Desailly was no patch on Montero from when Montero arrived in Italy and was chased away to Chelsea in 1998. Blanc was a disgrace at Barca during that same period (1996 to 2000) and was chased away to Marseille. Cannavaro was the equivalent of Eric Dier today during that same period as part of a young and promising Parma side, but trophyless and without renown. Hierro was conceding a lot of goals that period also.

Come to think of it, only the two Bayern boys of those you mentioned can arguably be placed above him for that period, and I can't even speak of that with authority as I wasn't following Bundesliga closely. You suppose dey mention Adams and Maldini dem sef, not these expired products.

Trust me, you cannot name top 10 respected defenders 1996 to 2000 without mentioning Ferrara and Montero.

Chic2pimp mentioned the decade of the 90s and i was answering him for the whole decade.

And 96 to 2000 Nesta and Cannavaro were already better than Ferrara and benching him in the national team DESPITE playing for smaller teams.
Cannavaro without renown ke? In that 96-2000 period Cannavaro played about 45 times for Italy from his young Parma side while Ciro played only 14 times despite playing for dominant Juve. Nesta played about 35 times too.

Ciro was not any world class ki a ma puro, ki a ma jale. Montero on his part should have borrowed a leaf from Carlos Gamarra who went to 2 world cups playing 8 matches combined, leading his team to the 2nd round each time.....and did not concede a single foul.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:11am On Sep 26, 2017
afrodoc2:

Chic2pimp mentioned the decade of the 90s and i was answering him for the whole decade.

And 96 to 2000 Nesta and Cannavaro were already better than Ferrara and benching him in the national team DESPITE playing for smaller teams.
Cannavaro without renown ke? In that 96-2000 period Cannavaro played about 45 times for Italy from his young Parma side while Ciro played only 14 times despite playing for dominant Juve. Nesta played about 35 times too.

We talking club football here. Italy NT wasn't shaking shyt in late 90s International football so what happened with National team doesn't resonate like the big UCL nights where Montero and Ferrara were centre stage nor the epic Serie A title fights of which 97/98 was the most epic. I also cut off at 1996 because that's when Montero arrived in Juve and when I started following European football. 5 years is a long enough period to consider and for that period, Ferrara and Montero are most definitely top 10.

I also drew comparison between Martin Keown and Iuliano because there are some defenders that gave extra solid performances year in and out and did not receive the accolades. Martin Keown was the strongest and fastest Arsenal CB, super sound positionally and very organised and vocal yet his England caps tell another story while Gareth Southgate was collecting caps upon caps. Keown did a lot of the donkey work in Arsenal defence, likewise Iuliano was the faster Juve defender and the only one over 6ft tall excluding Tachinardi who was really a DM. Iuliano did a lot of the donkey work, ate all the aerial balls, and did most of the foot races, yet his status was way lower than Ferrara and Montero. Most underrated defenders of that period would include Keown, Ronny Johnsen, Iuliano them while Ferrara and Montero would definitely be mentioned in elite top 10 category.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 1:32am On Sep 26, 2017
Ibime:

We talking club football here. Italy NT wasn't shaking shyt in late 90s International football so what happened with National team doesn't resonate like the big UCL nights where Montero and Ferrara were centre stage nor the epic Serie A title fights of which 97/98 was the most epic. I also cut off at 1996 because that's when Montero arrived in Juve and when I started following European football. 5 years is a long enough period to consider and for that period, Ferrara and Montero are most definitely top 10.

I also drew comparison between Martin Keown and Iuliano because there are some defenders that gave extra solid performances year in and out and did not receive the accolades. Martin Keown was the strongest and fastest Arsenal CB, super sound positionally and very organised and vocal yet his England caps tell another story while Gareth Southgate was collecting caps upon caps. Keown did a lot of the donkey work in Arsenal defence, likewise Iuliano was the faster Juve defender and the only one over 6ft tall excluding Tachinardi who was really a DM. Iuliano did a lot of the donkey work, ate all the aerial balls, and did most of the foot races, yet his status was way lower than Ferrara and Montero. Most underrated defenders of that period would include Keown, Ronny Johnsen, Iuliano them while Ferrara and Montero would definitely be mentioned in elite top 10 category.

I am talking football whether club or national team no matter. In the late 90s Nesta and Cannavaro were already better than Ciro Ferrara as defenders. They benched him well in the national team and they are not King Maldini or Prince Costacurta.
Tony Adams was better, Jaap Stam was better.

Iuliano was definitely not world class just like Ronny Johnsen was not. Being under rated does not make you world class. Ciro Ferrara was not world class with both old school and new school Italian defenders benching him in the national team.
Also i watched him well. He was not in the class of Maldini, Baresi, Cannavaro or Nesta. He just wasn't.

That Juve team had a defensive mind set as a TEAM and worked well together as a UNIT. That is why almost all their defenders were ordinary when they left that side for national teams and for other clubs. And that is why even with change in personnel they kept their defensive solidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 2:00am On Sep 26, 2017
Keown was good. And the gap in caps between him and Southgate is just over 10 caps (not so much considering) and is mainly due to Venables who i believe preferred ball playing Southgate to Keown.
And also in the late 80s to early 90s England was doing CB by committee essentially between Butcher, Adams, Keown, Pallister, Mark Wright, Des Walker e.t.c
Even Bobby Robson used 3 CBs in 1990 i believe. Steve Bruce captaining Man Utd to league titles did not get a single cap.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:47am On Sep 26, 2017
afrodoc2:

A very good defensive UNIT i agree.
But let's not use team success alone to judge individual quality. So was Mark iuliano world class too or was ciro Ferrara world class?
Just cos the TEAM had success does not mean every player in it was world class.
I can easily name 10 defenders in that period better than Montero and his doped CB goons.
Tomorrow now people will say Bousquet and Valdez were world class.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 6:56am On Sep 26, 2017
Finally, some decent football gists and discourse here after many months grin

Nice one Papas cheesy Ibime, Raumdeuter, afrodoc2, Chic2pimp cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 7:04am On Sep 26, 2017
Skimpledawg:

Nice one Papas cheesy Ibime, Raumdeuter, afrodoc2, Chicken2pimp cool
I know you are Lil Kesh set, you don't know most of those names. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neymar1095(m): 7:29am On Sep 26, 2017
hensben:
Tomorrow now people will say Bousquet and Valdez were world class.
But Hazard and kante are World class. You are full of shittt. Disgusting animal

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:37am On Sep 26, 2017
Skimpledawg:

You no see say nobody disturb them ni. Na them elder dey talk, most of us just enter reading mode. Even Nhilisit n diggz no see anything talk.

80's and 90's football. I tire no be lie.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2017
diggz:

Eph12,lana1,weedtaker,elrony,leyqute,hoopLA, loRdCaT, funlord dopejemi jaykaymaybachz, larride you have a mail guys...j
Diggz, you be my guy. If na one kain kai kai sipping punk așș mail me dis yeye mail eh. Me and am for struggle dis morning. That guy wen boil dey grow for him brain dey tok, you dhey call me put. Dat guy na original imbě
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 7:47am On Sep 26, 2017
obainojazz:
I know you are Lil Kesh set, you don't know most of those names. grin
Those names? Ifa hear.

I only watched Stam and probably Davids (the one that wears glasses) for InterMilan of those days play. Other names they are calling here are strange to me undecided

Neymar1095:

But, it is too early na egbon

larride:

You no see say nobody disturb them ni. Na them elder dey talk, most of us just enter reading mode. Even Nhilisit n diggz no see anything talk.

80's and 90's football. I tire no be lie.
Diggz and nihilist na bros them too. Add nateevs and timbros too. Maybe dem no just wan shook mouth for the matter yet.

Sanity Don return to this thread finally. Unku Ibime, Jah bless you real good cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:22am On Sep 26, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
Diggz, you be my guy. If na one kain kai kai sipping punk așș mail me dis yeye mail eh. Me and am for struggle dis morning. That guy wen boil dey grow for him brain dey tok, you dhey call me put. Dat guy na original imbě

Because you be my person that's why I want you to share in the pain that we are passing through here tongue grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:44am On Sep 26, 2017
Neymar1095:

I've warned you before to stop mentioning me. Were you a foo.l in your former life.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neymar1095(m): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2017
hensben:
I've warned you before to stop mentioning me. Are you a foo.l in your former life.
Your stupidity is irritating me. your football IQ is too Low. All this kin people nor dey sabi kick ball o. just to rush type rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 8:47am On Sep 26, 2017
hensben:
I've warned you before to stop mentioning me. Were you a foo.l in your former life.
Biko, you and neymar1095 shouldn't take us back � to Egypt.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Neymar1095(m): 8:48am On Sep 26, 2017
Unlimited22:

Sorry for disturbing your thread My Guy. Some kin stupid comment can not just be ignored

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 8:54am On Sep 26, 2017
Unlimited22:

Since we cannot relate with those names our egbons have been calling since yesterday, let's go back to Egypt jare cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:05am On Sep 26, 2017
eph12:

Since we cannot relate with those names our egbons have been calling since yesterday, let's go back to Egypt jare cheesy
Kolo man grin

Neymar1095 and Hensben, I swear I go report una for derailing this thread.

Just one more insult... undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2017
Skimpledawg:

they have lost me walahi
who the hell is Iuciano, i know fererra, nesta, canavarro
but only heard about costacurta,montero et al
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2017
Skimpledawg:

Those names? Ifa hear.

I only watched Stam and probably Davids (the one that wears glasses) for InterMilan of those days play. Other names they are calling here are strange to me undecided

But, it is too early na egbon

Diggz and nihilist na bros them too. Add nateevs and timbros too. Maybe dem no just wan shook mouth for the matter yet.

Sanity Don return to this thread finally. Unku Ibime, Jah bless you real good cool
Some are using GOOGLE jare. Can you tell me now that you remember the best defenders of 2000's not to talk of 1990's.

Let them be decieving themselves, imagine one even when ahead to start listing names. I understand when person mention one or two names, not the one of listing shocked undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 11:10am On Sep 26, 2017
Where una watch those people una dey mention play self. na cable abi na dish?

so you were using cable tv in Nigeria in the 90's and watched la liga, serie A and premier league? undecided

How many people here watched 1994 world cup? local station like in 98 or cable?

Your either saying your old and very rich?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 11:10am On Sep 26, 2017
MoR2:

Some are using GOOGLE jare. Can you tell me now that you remember the best defenders of 2000's not to talk of 1990's.

Let them be decieving themselves, imagine one even when ahead to start listing names. I understand when person mention one or two names, not the one of listing shocked undecided
You are obviously NEW here...

All those guys that were involved in that ancient football discourse know the game intoto and old posters here can attest to it. Forget the fact that we ridicule them on here sometimes it is just for the fun of it.

na just say small kids of nowadays lack respect

sod09:
they have lost me walahi
who the hell is Iuciano, i know fererra, nesta, canavarro
but only heard about costacurta,montero et al
Baba, I brought out my NotePad and took down important notes. It was a trip down memory lane grin

I don't even know who is Montero sef lipsrsealed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 11:12am On Sep 26, 2017
MoR2:
Where una watch those people una dey mention play self. na cable abi na dish?

so you were using cable tv in Nigeria in the 90's and watched la liga, serie A and premier league? undecided

How many people here watched 1994 world cup? local station like in 98 or cable?

Your either saying your old and very rich?

Unlimited22:

Biko, do not take us back � to Egypt.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 11:20am On Sep 26, 2017
grin grin I don't know most of those guys mentioned. I only watched gatuso, Nesta cannavaro.

The only montero I know play for Swansea City lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eitsei(m): 11:31am On Sep 26, 2017
Bakayoko is not doing bad

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 11:33am On Sep 26, 2017
Skimpledawg do you know how expensive cable was?

Your father will tell you he did not pay for it for you, when time he returns in the evening to watch network news.
Then we used to watch cartoons, movies and animations.

Make I know who watch full league before y2k?

Most nigerian arsenal fans are the ones who watched arsenal 2002,3,4,5,6, even Man U that like shouting history, many of them started in the 2007 just like Chelsea fans 2004 or so.

Serie A fans in Nigeria, Lagos are the oldest bunch, then Real Madrid fans even this noisy Barca fans started 2003 or so, and yet some will be claiming they have watch ball since they were born, TA.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 11:37am On Sep 26, 2017
eitsei:
Bakayoko is not doing bad
He is not dabbing yet cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (3709) (3710) (3711) (3712) (3713) (3714) (3715) ... (19175) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Neobulletzz(m), bolu96(m), KingAzubuike(f), chidekings(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.