Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4010) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10540382 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) (4011) (4012) (4013) ... (19171) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 7:33am On Nov 01, 2017
Chelsea's midfield was overrun time and time again, but our darling pundits here believes our current woes isn't the man on sprays.

Issorait.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atheist5(m): 7:37am On Nov 01, 2017
Griffon:
"They didn't replace Matic. I wouldn't have let him out of the building, I would have chained him to the training ground walls."

"If you ask any of those Chelsea players who they would want back, they would say Matic.

"When you had Matic sat in front of you, alongside Kante, there was protection."

"What's gone wrong for Chelsea? One word. Matic."

"Whoever made that decision needs sacking."
- Phil Neville

Nihilist and his fellow Bakayoko fanboys can digest these nuggets.
neville with his half baked nonesense pundity,was matic not there when we ended 10,it was cunte pessistent stupidity of playing fabregas and hakayoko that hurt us
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atheist5(m): 7:43am On Nov 01, 2017
diggz:

Oga you need to chill mehn! you are not the only one who is angry over the loss. No disrespect pls burr you are sounding way too emotional bro.

I am one of the members who sees nothing right about fab and yokos combo in the midfield however our loss didn't start or come through them. I have told you the guys who made the mistakes for the first and second goals. Conte didn't have a hand in them neither did conte ask morata not to score an open net.

Anyways you are free to draw whatever conclusion you want from the game cuz it is your right. I only wanted to point you towards other options of why we lost badly and not make excuses for conte or the team.

Do enjoy Ur day chief...cheers.
i said it myseft,morata,pedro and hazard should be scoring those,but the biggiest blame for me will still fall on cunte,why the f4ck does he start fabregas,do you sincerely think our midfield wont still get overun in the second half if we even have scored those chances?,how games has azpi even look remotely good playing wingback?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:51am On Nov 01, 2017
Griffon:
Chelsea's midfield was overrun time and time again, but our darling pundits here believes our current woes isn't the man on sprays.

Issorait.

Soft mail tins...this is a soft mail tins...I say this is a soft mail tins....soft mail tins...I say soft mail tins!

Cc Nihilist
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 7:51am On Nov 01, 2017
The spray man getting eviscerated on Twitter:

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 7:53am On Nov 01, 2017
E neffa finish:

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 7:56am On Nov 01, 2017
I am sure these tweets weren't sent in by Ibime, Griffon or even Diggz grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:05am On Nov 01, 2017
Griffon:
I am sure these tweets weren't sent in by Ibime, Griffon or even Diggz grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:09am On Nov 01, 2017
@ Griffon

What do your have to say about fabregas game yesterday?

Though I am holding alonso and rudiger responsible for the first 2goals we conceded. The third came as a result of Fabs pass,not the good pass this time around burr the careless ones he has been dropping of late.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:25am On Nov 01, 2017
diggz:
@ Griffon

What do your have to say about fabregas game yesterday?

Though I am holding alonso and rudiger responsible for the first 2goals we conceded. The third came as a result of Fabs pass,not the good pass this time around burr the careless ones he has been dropping of late.

Cesc hasn't been himself ever since Bakayoko started lining up with him in that midfield. His creativity seems to have been substituted for running around the pitch, trying to help a certain spray man cover grounds. It's a shame.

In a football game, someone must take the blame for a goal, it's normal because mistake happens.

What isn't normal is someone taking the blame for a team's defensive frailties, that clearly shows incompetence.

Bakayoko is the major reason our backline looks like that of a Conference side. Nigga offers absolutely nothing to the team other than flashy colors. He doesn't cover enough ground, doesn't recycle possession, doesn't dictate the pace of a game. Nigga is like the statue of Liberty in our midfield, holding the torch and making no run.

Idiota!

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 8:26am On Nov 01, 2017
Football can be funny. Attacking wise we were better than at Stamford Bridge but still we couldn't get a goal two of the goals came from our players not been able to close down spaces and Roma players very good at long shots made us pay. If we are to continue with this formation we need to get a versatile and compatible holding midfielder and a left wing back with more pace and good crosses.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:26am On Nov 01, 2017
Griffon:
"They didn't replace Matic. I wouldn't have let him out of the building, I would have chained him to the training ground walls."

"If you ask any of those Chelsea players who they would want back, they would say Matic.

"When you had Matic sat in front of you, alongside Kante, there was protection."

"What's gone wrong for Chelsea? One word. Matic."

"Whoever made that decision needs sacking."
- Phil Neville

Nihilist and his fellow Bakayoko fanboys can digest these nuggets.

Phil Neville must be a confused clown saying "one word Matic" and then asking for "Kante Alongside him"

As if he saw Kante playing yesterday. cheesy

If Kante is on the pitch, i can pull my great great grandad's bones from a pit in ogun state, tie them up in a Chelsea jersey, dump them on the pitch...and still expect a result.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 8:28am On Nov 01, 2017
Omo. I was already hinted when i woke up yesterday from a nightmare. This is one strong thing. We played rubbish yesterday allround.

The annoying thing is that it could have been different, the early chances missed by Hazard and Morata, score that and what happen3d next may not have happened.

Only consolation is Athletico is worse than us atm in the group, a win in Qarabaqand we are through although its going to be tough.

Its like playing with bakayoko is having an effect on fabregas.. H3 is mimicking the wrong fudging guy abeg.

UTD at the bridge. We must not lose.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:32am On Nov 01, 2017
Nihilist:

Phil Neville must be a confused clown saying "one word Matic" and then asking for "Kante Alongside him"

If Kante is on the pitch, i can pull my great great grandad's bones from a pit in ogun state, tie them up in a Chelsea jersey, dump them on the pitch...and still expect a result.

Your great grandad no fit out muscle Yaya Toure, shey you know?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:32am On Nov 01, 2017
Griffon:

Cesc hasn't been himself ever since Bakayoko started lining up with him in that midfield. His creativity seems to have been substituted for running around the pitch, trying to help a certain spray man cover grounds. It's a shame.

In a football game, someone must take the blame for a goal, it's normal because mistake happens.

What isn't normal is someone taking the blame for a team's defensive frailties, that clearly shows incompetence.

Bakayoko is the major reason our backline looks like that of a Conference side. Nigga offers absolutely nothing to the team other than flashy colors. He doesn't cover enough ground, doesn't recycle possession, doesn't dictate the pace of a game. Nigga is like the statue of Liberty in our midfield, holding the torch and making no run.

Idiota!

You mean Bakayoko is the reason El Sharaawy was penetrating Alonso all night long?

Or Bakayoko was the one that made Rudiger leave ball for his opponent to score?

Bakayoko is the one that made Morata fluff his lines when presented with a chance that was harder to miss than it was to score?

Or Bakayoko made fab misplace a pass and then instructed the defence to part like the red sea?

If Bakayoko can do all these things, then he might as well open a babalawo palace and start predicting betnaija tickets

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:34am On Nov 01, 2017
Griffon:

Your great grandad no fit out muscle Yaya Toure, shey you know?

You never know mate. Those dry bones fit surprise you if they rise again cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2017
Nobody talking about the multiple brain farts around.

Everybody is shouting Bakayoko.

Diggz for example, has nailed his colours firmly to the mast. Luiz had the mother of all brainfarts yesterday, and Diggz somehow managed to blame the spirit of Bakayoko for it. cheesy

Tiemoue the psychic controller of PlayStation Dave.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:38am On Nov 01, 2017
Nihilist:

You mean Bakayoko is the reason El Sharaawy was penetrating Alonso all night long?

Or Bakayoko was the one that made Rudiger leave ball for his opponent to score?

Bakayoko is the one that made Morata fluff his lines when presented with a chance that was harder to miss ?

Or Bakayoko made fab misplace a pass and then instructed the defence to part like the red sea?

If Bakayoko can do all these things, then he might as well open a babalawo palace and start predicting betnaija tickets

Aren't you missing the point?

When as a DM you fail to have a firm hold of the proceedings in the middle of the park, you inadvertently place your team in danger zone.

A DM relieves his backline of certain pressures, he covers their asses for fvck sake.

Have your ninny of a DM being doing that? How many of those lastnight's individual errors was seen when Kante was on the pitch?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 8:39am On Nov 01, 2017
Yawns loudly....

Bakayako!!! Name sounds familiar undecided

The Congo tree
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:39am On Nov 01, 2017
Nihilist:

You never know mate. Those dry bones fit surprise you if they rise again cheesy

Unless you go by the name Ezekiel, ain't a way a dry bone will out muscle Yaya Toure grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:43am On Nov 01, 2017
Griffon:

Aren't you missing the point?

When as a DM you fail to have a firm hold of proceedings in the middle of the park, you inadvertently place your team in danger zone.

A DM relieves his backline of certain pressures, he covers their asses for fvck sake.

Have your ninny of a DM being doing that? How many of those lastnight's individual errors was seen when Kante was on the pitch?

Release what pressure.

Did you even watch that match?

The first two goals were created by Long Balls from the Roma defence... exactly like what happened first leg.

Are you expecting the 2 man midfield to press Roma players in their own half?

I'll wait for you to explain how midfield could have prevented those first two goals.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 8:46am On Nov 01, 2017
Lol . Elneny with blue dandruff!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:46am On Nov 01, 2017
ToyinDipo:
Incase you missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2ueasLGsdo

Griffon see highlights here if you need to make reference.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:48am On Nov 01, 2017
Nihilist:

That video isn't available in my country.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:51am On Nov 01, 2017
Griffon:

That video isn't available in my country.

Ngwanu wetam YouTube video available in your country and give us your submission.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 01, 2017
If Hazard had the same opportunity el sharawy had for the first goal, instead of shooting straight at the the post am pretty sure he would have dribbled past 3-4 players before creating a chance inside the box

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:01am On Nov 01, 2017
Just look at these 3.

Before we go back to blaming midfield, can we just take a minute to appreciate how these 3 fools managed to cöck up a 3 on 1 numerical advantage?

What is this?

What the Fück is this?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 01, 2017
Nihilist:

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:14am On Nov 01, 2017
Interesting angle...

Forgive us the long, cumbersome list but below is the make-up of Chelsea’s three-man defence this season, with an asterisk marking a clean sheet.

You may notice that the one thing all those asterisks have in common is that they occur next to the name of Cesar Azpilicueta, not at wing-back but in the centre of a three-man defence.

Luiz-Azpilicueta-Cahill
Rudiger-Cahill-Luiz
Rudiger-Azpilicueta-Christensen
Rudiger-Azpilicueta-Luiz *
Rudiger-Azpilicueta-Luiz
Christensen-Azpilicueta-Cahill *
Luiz-Azpilicueta-Cahill *
Rudiger-Cahill-Christensen
Rudiger-Azpilicueta-Christensen *
Luiz-Azpilicueta-Cahill
Cahill-Christensen-Rudiger
Luiz-Azpilicueta-Cahill
Christensen-Azpilicueta-Cahill
Cahill-Luiz-Rudiger
Rudiger-Cahill-Christensen
Rudiger-Azpilicueta-Luiz *
Cahill-Luiz-Rudiger

Only once – after a clean sheet against Everton – has Antonio Conte retained the same back three.

He is of course dealing with an increased workload but it appears to defy logic that such a meticulous coach would constantly tinker with the heart of his defence.

When you are as uncertain defensively as Chelsea have uncharacteristically been for much of the season, surely any good performance should be seized upon as an opportunity for continuity.

So when a back three of Antonio Rudiger, Azpilicueta and David Luiz (incidentally the same trio who kept that first clean sheet against Everton) excelled against Bournemouth – with Davide Zappacosta also excellent at wing-back – the instinctive response would be to task the same trio with the same jobs against Roma, even if that once again means your captain watching from the sidelines.

Instead, Azpilicueta was shunted wide, Luiz moved central and Rudiger switched to accommodate Cahill.

The result, unsurprisingly, was total chaos. Hardly surprising, you might think, when the only other outing for this incarnation was the 4-2 win over Watford when Chelsea initially looked very vulnerable.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SetrakusRa(m): 9:17am On Nov 01, 2017
Nihilist:
Just look at these 3.

Before we go back to blaming midfield, can we just take a minute to appreciate how these 3 fools managed to cöck up a 3 on 1 numerical advantage?

What is this?

What the Fück is this?

Hahaha.. I didn't see this, but, how the fúck is that possible? grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:22am On Nov 01, 2017
SetrakusRa:

Hahaha.. I didn't see this, but, how the Bleep is that possible? grin grin

I don't know when Edin Dzeko of all people turned into a DJ selectah, spinning 3 players at the same time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:35am On Nov 01, 2017
Nihilist:

that second goal.. The long pass went directly to where David luiz should always be as a defender but he was no where to be found. Instead it was rudiger and azplicueta running to cover his position.. But rudiger is at fault.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4007) (4008) (4009) (4010) (4011) (4012) (4013) ... (19171) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SimpleGuy001, FergieRaww(m), BlueAngel444, User09, forgiveness, Jodera and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.