Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,692 members, 7,862,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:20 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10736900 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (19401) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:57am On Jul 22, 2014
I completely disagree with your hypothesis of game minutes adding up and being very important etc...

Sporadic appearances in meaningless games don't really improve youth players. These dead rubber games are only used as to showcase the array of talent the club has behind the scenes. A preview. A taster. A trailer. Nothing more.

Youth improvement only comes from sustained exposure to 1st team football. We are talking about the prolonged runs in the 1st team that led to Beckham,Scholes, Butt, and the Nevilles forming the spine of a Manyoo team when conventional wisdom in Alan Hansen claimed that "You can't win anything with kids"

Arsenal are renowned for their youth project....I mean Fabregas was club captain at 19. That's what Guapo and Mithel refer to.

Muller and Kroos at Bayern were given sustained runs.

Ditto Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and co at Barca. In fact, Guardiola got rid of Ronaldinho who was one of the world's best footballer at the time to build a squad around a teenage Messi.

That is the kind of integration that we are talkin about Nateevs, and Chelsea just doesn't do that.

Asides promoting to the 1st team, the only other way, which also seems to be the CFC preferred model, is to develop talent is to send them out on loan and let other clubs develop them for us.

This is what we are all bemoaning, as we think that some players are good enough to make the jump from reserve to 1st team squaddie playing guaranteed regular 1st team football.

Appearances in a dead rubber game means nothing. I'm surprised you don't know that

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 22, 2014
Nihilist: I completely disagree with your hypothesis of game minutes adding up and being very important etc...

Sporadic appearances in meaningless games don't really improve youth players. These dead rubber games are only used as to showcase the array of talent the club has behind the scenes. A preview. A taster. A trailer. Nothing more.

Youth improvement only comes from sustained exposure to 1st team football. We are talking about the prolonged runs in the 1st team that led to Beckham,Scholes, Butt, and the Nevilles forming the spine of a Manyoo team when conventional wisdom in Alan Hansen claimed that "You can't win anything with kids"

Arsenal are renowned for their youth project....I mean Fabregas was club captain at 19. That's what Guapo and Mithel refer to.

Ditto Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol and co at Barca. In fact, Guardiola got rid of Ronaldinho who was one of the world's best footballer at the time to build a squad around a teenage Messi.

That is the kind of integration that we are talkin about Nateevs, and Chelsea just doesn't do that.

Asides promoting to the 1st team, the only other way, which also seems to be the CFC preferred model, is to develop talent is to send them out on loan and let other clubs develop them for us.

This is what we are all bemoaning, as we think that some players are good enough to make the jump from reserve to 1st team squaddie playing guaranteed regular 1st team football.

Appearances in a dead rubber game means nothing. I'm surprised you don't know that

Why waste time developing a player when you're expected to win laurels at the end of the day? That's the first question a Chelsea manager would ask you.

I'm really surprised that Nateevs is branding dead rubber games and 2mins-to-go apps as youth integration.

Why didn't Carlo, RDM and AVB find the need to have the likes of McEachran, PVA, Chalobah, Bruma, Borini et al integrated into the first team and have 'em recognised as first team players? Why would they be allowed to get demoralised by our circle of endless loans?

Why must Jose take blames for the major undoing of the past managers and the club's philosophy?

I've said it earlier, this isn't Mou's problem, it's the club's problem.

A problem that traces its way back to the roots of many issues at the club - the short-termism of our goals.

The Carlo, RDM and AVB nateevs have been eulogising relied on the established players to achieve the club's goals - to the detriment of the youngsters' development.

Looking wider afield Kakuta had more influence at youth level than the likes of Pogba, Shaw and Griezmann, he was our best youth product but how did his story end? Cameo roles and endless loans!

Is that the right paradigm for youth integration?

Expect someone to claim that Mou is also responsible for the club's circle of endless loans cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nihilist: I completely disagree with your hypothesis of game minutes adding up and being very important etc...

To begin with, you will never be able to convince me that dead rubber minutes do nothing to improve youngsters. That will always remain debatable. If what you meant to say is that in the long term process of a possible youth integration "AT CHELSEA", dead rubber minutes bear no consequence, then I agree.

To however be confident to say that it doesn't really improve a youngster, then we are on different planes of opinions and we cannot find common ground.

Secondly, you will also never be able to convince me that dead rubber minutes do nothing to the process of integration. There is unlimited data to back this up. Gael Clichy. 12 apps here, 15 apps there, another 7 and then bang, 27 apps in 06/07 after Cole left. Then 38 season after.

7 years ago Toni Kroos made 20 apps for BM. Only 6 were starts. There rest were largely, dead rubber minutes and proven by the fact that the next season, he went back to the reserves. He did come back to the first team the 3rd season but he made only 9 apps in the first half of the season and was shipped out in January 09 on loan for one and a half seasons. Only then did he come back to be a regular. You can say he took his chances or perhaps he was good enough to take his chances (that will be an argument for another day), the fact remains that those dead rubber minutes exposed him, improved him and made him what he is now. It's ironical that you would then try to use him as an example to dispel my argument when he actually exemplifies it.

Many times, these guys didn't just pop out of nowhere because of some club policy thingy. Club policy apart, the point I am making here is that if JM was manager of Bayern at the time Kroos emerged, Kroos probably will be playing for Plataeu United now. He (Jose) would have sanctioned a move for Makalele and Essien instead. And I am very sure Bayern fans will back me on this.

Thridly, in tackling the argument I should have initially, the dead rubber argument only came into the picture because you guys started it. Somehow you have managed to, without proof, conclude that the appearances I quoted of Romeu, Josh, Kakuta, Ake, Bertrand were largely dead rubber minutes and essentially meaningless. In fact Romeu had 11 PL starts in the 2011/12 season and 5 sub apps. I remember him almost establishing himself as a starter before the Barcelona buy-back rumours surfaced. How these minutes can called dead-rubber minutes is beyond me. The same goes for Bertrand. 14 starts in the 2012/13 season. How did we manage to find 14 dead rubber games for Bertrand and 11 in the case of Romeu?

I agree that I stretched the argument further by trying to explain how the seemingly meaningless minutes is a step forward in the process of integration. the main crux of the argument though remains, did any other manager(s) give youth chances more than JM? and the irrefutable answer is a resounding YES.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
AirborneLacer:
I'm really surprised that Nateevs is branding dead rubber games and 2mins-to-go apps as youth integration.

No that's not what he is saying. He is saying that dead rubber minutes is usually the first step towards youth integration . And I think you will find that my argument and your interpretation are two different things. I quite like how you seem to be taking the convenient route out.

You are trying to create a situation that blames the clubs exclusively for the lack of integration of young players. I turn around and say, unless the kids are Messi, to include young players, largely, you begin by giving meaningless minutes here and there. Especially cinsidering managers who are fresh, never worked with the Chelsea youth set-up and do not know the history of the youth players. Expecting them to shove a couple in as established members is fanatasy. It will not happen. Therefore, they will start by giving dead-rubber minutes. What is crucial is how many more minutes they then go on and give. Facts show that previous managers followed and established this trend of more minutes a lot better than JM.

You are saying that the fact they didn't establish any players in the first team is proof of your point. But how could they when largely they only had pre-season to evaluate these young players and whem some of them (managers) didn't last more than a few months? It's impossible.

What is proven though is, finding out that as the season went by, those managers who got lengthy time on the job, depsite the pressure to win laurels, went on and gave more minutes to the kids. And I have even proven that the kids got minutes in very crucial games and more starts. And here we are still arguing the facts?

And this is all on the back of having a smaller and less talented pool to choose from. JM has spent 3 and a half seasons and is now manager in arguably our most talented era of young players, yet no single youth player has started two back to back dead rubber games or got 90 dead rubber minutes and you blame the club "solely" for this?

I asked what you think the club will say if Jose insists that he wants Lukaku and Kalas as permanent members of the first team for dead rubber minutes. You haven't answered that yet. Will the club say, No Jose, the Gods have decided, they go on loan?

If after everything I have said, we will not find some common ground on this matter, then I can no longer participate in the argument. I have provided data to back it up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
nateevs:

No that's not what he is saying. He is saying that dead rubber minutes is usually the first step towards youth integration . And I think you will find that my argument and your interpretation are two different things. I quite like how you seem to be taking the convenient route out.

You are trying to create a situation that blames the clubs exclusively for the lack of integration of young players. I turn around and say, unless the kids are Messi, to include young players, largely, you begin by giving meaningless minutes here and there. Especially cinsidering managers who are fresh, never worked with the Chelsea youth set-up and do not know the history of the youth players. Expecting them to shove a couple in as established members is fanatasy. It will not happen. Therefore, they will start by giving dead-rubber minutes. What is crucial is how many more minutes they then go on and give. Facts show that previous managers followed and established this trend of more minutes a lot better than JM.

What is proven though is, finding out that as the season went by, those managers who got lengthy time on the job, depsite the pressure to win laurels, went on and gave more minutes to the kids. And I have even proven that the kids got minutes in very crucial games and more starts. And here we are still arguing the facts?

And this is all on the back of having a smaller and less talented pool to choose from. JM has spent 3 and a half seasons and is now manager in arguably our most talented era of young players, yet no single youth player has started two back to back dead rubber games or got 90 dead rubber minutes and you blame the club "solely" for this?

I asked what you think the club will say if Jose insists that he wants Lukaku and Kalas as permanent members of the first team for dead rubber minutes. You haven't answered that yet. Will the club say, No Jose, the Gods have decided, they go on loan?

If after everything I have said, we will not find some common ground on this matter, then I can no longer participate in this dishonest argument and twisting of facts. Even after I have provided data to back it up.

Oga you've made some valid points there but then no one Is twisting facts here and no one is being dishonest.

nateevs: You are saying that the fact they didn't establish any players in the first team is proof of your point. But how could they when largely they only had pre-season to evaluate these young players and whem some of them (managers) didn't last more than a few months? It's impossible.

I think this should bring us to a common ground.

You made mention of the managers not lasting more than a few months in your post, now I'd love you to re-read this:

''A problem that traces its way back to the roots of many issues at the club - the short-termism of our goals.

The Carlo, RDM and AVB nateevs have been eulogising relied on the established players to achieve the club's goals - to the detriment of the youngsters' development''.

Yes I'd agree with you to an extent that Carlo gave some lads the chance to play (Cameo roles). But the truth is this, Ancelotti was sacked after finishing second and all while attempting to bring through several youth team products, the next manager comes along and all that trust earned under the previous regime counts for nothing. The new manager realises that finishing second is not enough and concludes, rightfully, that relying on established players is perhaps a better call to achieve his goals.

It all boils down to the Club insatiable urge to keep winning - not Jose's problem.

What has happened to McEachran since is a mirror image of Kakuta’s Chelsea career. Young early promise, a manager who explicitly believed in him and then a circle of endless loans that have done nothing but demoralise the player, do you have to blame the Club for such or Jose who is just stepping in as the new gaffer?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mr Dayokanu

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
When i saw 7 mentions,i think say nairaland counter don spoil grin

Before i start,Nateevs can you please convert them "appearances" into minutes.

i can bet kakuta has probably not made up to 400 minutes in a chelsea jersey under all the managers that have handled us.

As much as you can put the blame on Mou ,then we should extend the same to our other managers, and why you are using romeo as an example is even funny,how far did we go with him in the team,romeu's minutes should have been handed to someone better,that ninja is overated,plus the manager who gave him most of those minutes has proved himself to be a sham...

i would say our youth players now are far far better than the ones mou had in his first reign at chelsea,common do we start comparing mancienne with baker and the likes..plus the situation at that time,didnt call for a slow build up to greatness for the club,a club that just got a sugar daddy looking for success.i doubt using youth and not wanting to every damn trophy in the land in the first 3 seasons of roman's era would have been the way to go,considering how there were fears he would get bored and free us.

Nathan ake played against rubin kazan when we had cahill,cole,bertrand all out through injury...

And how come, everyone forgot RDM played bertrand so he could help out cole against robben Malouda couldnt do that
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
Keky: Mr Dayokanu

On plays in a high line one plays in a bus parking team which makes defenders look good even Mikel Obi

When they got to the world cup we saw the one whose nyansh was opened and the one who excelled marking top rated attackers while winning what no one in Cahills generation would never achieve

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
The club,the fans,then the managements are all to blame,

Give minutes to sturridge: he is awful,he is selfish,he is not ready,he cant lead the line.....SOLD
Lukaku:his first touch is poor,he cant control to save his life,he isnt ready...LOANED
PvA: he isnt ready,we need someone of cole's stature.....LIKELY TO BE SOLD
Baker: yeah he is good but he isnt ready,united are getting vidal.....LIKELY TO BE LOANED...like that like that,those are majority of chelsea fans,if the fans dont believe in them,how much more the club...i know chelsea fans who just stamped lukaku as useless because of a pk miss,they are the same ones beating the drums for baker to GET IN,but i know one bad performance,and it will end there.

We are used to salivating over another man's food over what we have.its not only a mou thing(varane,mikel,kalou wouldnt agree),its a chelsea thing.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 4:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
dayokanu:

On plays in a high line one plays in a bus parking team which makes defenders look good even Mikel Obi

When they got to the world cup we saw the one whose nyansh was opened and the one who excelled marking top rated attackers while winning what no one in Cahills generation would never achieve
Guess Chelsea parked the bus through out 13/14 season yh? Looool. Cahill and other Epl defenders sh*ts on Boateng any f*cking day. Why did he leave EPL? Cos he was sh*t.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2014
Fact is people haven't been giving Mou the credit he deserves, it's just easy to blame him for one thing or the other.

This debate has really got me making wild researches and I make bold to say that Mou has integrated more youngsters into the first team of the clubs he's been at than Carlo, RDM, AVB put together.

Nateevs this article should tell you something:

www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=535656
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 4:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
Keky: Guess Chelsea parked the bus through out 13/14 season yh? Looool. Cahill and other Epl defenders sh*ts on Boateng any f*cking day. Why did he leave EPL? Cos he was sh*t.

This is silly. Boateng left epl to a better team.

Maybe you would ask why Ronaldo bale Suarez Modric Tevez Fabregas Ballotelli left epl in your reasoning it's because they are shit

Which player except the money grabbers won't leave city for Bayern in the opportunity comes
No defender in the epl even Kompany is half as good as Boateng

This isn't the first time ignorant epl folks are making silly comparison someone already told us Joe Cole was better than schweini. Ashley Cole better than Lahm, Joe Hart better than Neuer, Rooney better than Muller so it's no surprise.

Most epl fans don't understand football anyway

Which is why all their heralded star players flop at major tournaments and bundesliga and other leagues shine

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
@Guapo.

I apologize for the statement of dishonesty. I have since removed it.

AirborneLacer:
Yes I'd agree with you to an extent that Carlo gave some lads the chance to play (Cameo roles). But the truth is this, Ancelotti was sacked after finishing second and all while attempting to bring through several youth team products, the next manager comes along and all that trust earned under the previous regime counts for nothing. The new manager realises that finishing second is not enough and concludes, rightfully, that relying on established players is perhaps a better call to achieve his goals.
It all boils down to the Club insatiable urge to keep winning - not Jose's problem.
What has happened to McEachran since is a mirror image of Kakuta’s Chelsea career. Young early promise, a manager who explicitly believed in him and then a circle of endless loans that have done nothing but demoralise the player, do you have to blame the Club for such or Jose who is just stepping in as the new gaffer?

Sometimes I believe that we over-state a manager's mindset in their desire to win at Chelsea. They are not like you and I who quake in our shoes at the mention of 'sack' at our jobs. Carlo Ancellotii for instance walked away with £8m. AVB with almost £12m. Then they walk into another high-paying job.

What this means is that the Chelsea managers are perhaps not thinking "5h1t! if I don't win a trophy this season, I am gone" but more like "If I get fired for not winning a trophy, the payoff will be fantastic". I say this because I know that if JM is fired this morning, there will be 20 managers lining up to be next to be fired. Despite being fully aware of the high rate of redunancy.

My point is these guys are fully aware of the nature of the job and that the much talked about "pressure" is largely exaggerated and that what these managers have is rather the 'CARE' about being fired than the "FEAR" of being fired.

This "CARE" is defined by their differing personalities and primarily, their attitude towards the game. So while some managers care about building a dynasty and conquering the world through the development of young players into stars and then winning in style, others "CARE" about nothing else than WINNING, no matter what.

Now when the inevtibale firing occurs, I believe they care more about what they were unable to achieve governed by their attitude towards the game. This attitude is what defines how likely a manager is to field a young player. So managers like Van Gaal, Brendan Rogers, Guardiola no matter the "pressure" on the job, will at some point use a lot of youth players while managers like JM are less likely to.

Now I agree that this issue is further compounded by the club's farming out of players to loan clubs but the more likely scenario is that largely, managers "AT CHELSEA" will use as many young players as fits their personal goals, governed by their attitude towards the game and very less likely because of the 'pressure' or the 'fear' of being fired.

But of course, this is just my opinion and very open to criticism.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
dayokanu:

This is silly. Boateng left epl to a better team.

Maybe you would ask why Ronaldo bale Suarez Modric Tevez Fabregas Ballotelli left epl in your reasoning it's because they are shit

Which player except the money grabbers won't leave city for Bayern in the opportunity comes
No defender in the epl even Kompany is half as good as Boateng

This isn't the first time ignorant epl folks are making silly comparison someone already told us Joe Cole was better than schweini. Ashley Cole better than Lahm, Joe Hart better than Neuer, Rooney better than Muller so it's no surprise.

Most epl fans don't understand football anyway

Which is why all their heralded star players flop at major tournaments and bundesliga and other leagues shine
Those players you mentioned performed very well for there respective teams unlike boateng who was sh*t through out his stay in England. Cahill, Koscielny, Vlaar, etc >>> Boateng
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
Keky: Those players you mentioned performed very well for there respective teams unlike boateng who was sh*t through out his stay in England. Cahill, Koscielny, Vlaar, etc >>> Boateng

Boateng one of the best players in a world cup final

One of the best players in a CL final

Get back to me when those useless players you listed can match that
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
nateevs: @Guapo.

I apologize for the statement of dishonesty. I have since removed it.

Sometimes I believe that we over-state a manager's mindset in their desire to win at Chelsea. They are not like you and I who quake in our shoes at the mention of 'sack' at our jobs. Carlo Ancellotii for instance walked away with £8m. AVB with almost £12m. Then they walk into another high-paying job.

What this means is that the Chelsea managers are perhaps not thinking "5h1t! if I don't win a trophy this season, I am gone" but more like "If I get fired for not winning a trophy, the payoff will be fantastic". I say this because I know that if JM is fired this morning, there will be 20 managers lining up to be next to be fired. Despite being fully aware the high rate of redunancy.

My point is these guys are fully aware of the nature of the job and that the much talked about "pressure" is largely exaggerated and that what these managers have is rather the 'CARE' about being fired rather the "FEAR" of being fired.

This "CARE" is defined by their differing personality and primarily, their attitude towards the game. So some managers care about building a dynasty and conquering the world through the development of young players into stars and then winning in style, other "CARE" about nothing else than WINNING, no matter what.

Now when the inevtibale firing occurs, I believe they care more about what they were unable to achieve governed by their attitude towards the game. This attitude is what defines how likely a manager is to field a young player. So managers like Van Gaal, Brendan Rogers, Guardiola no matter the "pressure" on the job will at some point use a lot of youngs players while managers like JM are less likely to.

Now I agree that this issue is further compounded by the club's farming out of players to loan clubs but more the likely scenario is that largely, managers "AT CHELSEA" will use as many young players as fits their personal goals, governed by their attitude towards the game and very less likely because of the 'pressure' or the 'fear' of being fired.

But of course, this is just my opinion and very open to criticism.

Nah Bro, You dont have to apologize for the comment, I didn't take it to heart cheesy

Yeah you're right, the manager's mindset is an important factor to consider in a discourse of this kind, that's a one hell of a nice point you made.

On the other hand, I believe a manager's mindset could be influenced by the resources he's got at his disposal. If through these years our youth system was able to produce 'special' talents (Messi-esque) and our circle of endless loans turned out to be a huge success, I'm pretty sure Mou's mindset on his day of appointment would be shifted towards winning with the talents from Cobham.

But that never happened!

Our circle of endless loans has had a devastating effect on the youngsters, it has seen their confidence drop and their attitude a sham!

You wouldn't expect Mou on his arrival to throw in the likes of PVA and Kalas into the first team, he's not sure of them giving their 100% hence he'd resort to signing more dependable figures in Felipe Luis et al.

Look at what he did with Santon et al at Inter, those were players who weren't demoralized by endless loans, players who were ready to play their hearts out cos they had at their disposal the right attitude.

That said, I see Baker going far under Mou's tutelage, his progress has been sublime. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
Chilling In Austria!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
Our Pre-season Fixtures:

23/07: Wolfsberger AC

27/07: Olimpija

30/07: Vitesse

03/08: Werder Bremen

10/08: Ferencvaros
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
You can already see the factions in the team grin grin grin grin
Torres, Fab, Costa, Filipe, Cesar. Spanish connection sitting from left to right.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
nateevs: You can already see the factions in the team grin grin grin grin
Torres, Fab, Costa, Filipe, Cesar. Spanish connection sitting from left to right.

I tell you cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:27pm On Jul 22, 2014
I think I get where Nateevs is coming from, Chelsea's situation is a unique one but what is the use of running a youth system when not one young player in the academy is deemed worthy of garnering 10-15 apps in the senior team per season. Are you telling me there is no DM in that youth team that would outperform a Mikel? Or Ramires? When Eto'o, Torres etc were struggling for goals you mean nobody in your academy could even be brought in to bring something different? The Salah wey una buy is he all that?

Despite relying on all those old ninjas Mourinho still went trophyless! so the end did not in anyway justify the means

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
dayokanu:

Boateng one of the best players in a world cup final

One of the best players in a CL final

Get back to me when those useless players you listed can match that
I get u now, boateng only perform in finals yh?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 11:51pm On Jul 22, 2014
Keky: I get u now, boateng only perform in finals yh?

He's an excellent defender better than all those jesters in the epl. That's the reason he performs well in high profile finals where those you mentioned would never get to

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by priscaoge(f): 1:06am On Jul 23, 2014
Keky: I get u now, boateng only perform in finals yh?
Na here u de hide since abi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 2:47am On Jul 23, 2014
Finals only ! , what a defender ! Boatank lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 7:26am On Jul 23, 2014
Excerpts from Devotional Box
With Dr. Isaiah & Lianna Wealth
GOSPEL PILLARS MINISTRY
July 23rd, 2014
---
THE UNHOLY UNION
"And Israel joined himself unto Baalpeor:
and the anger of the Lord was kindled
against Israel."
Numbers 25:3
Israel was the nation of God, seperated
unto Himself; and from them He expects
total fidelity such as is seen in a marital
relationship where a couple give
themselves wholly to one another and
none else. God's standard has still not
changed today. Our relationship with Him
must be in total fidelity.
The event in our text today was referenced
in 1Cor 10:8, where the Bible described
the act of Israel joining itself to Baalpeor,
an idol, as fornication. In the same
chapter, we are told that twenty-three
thousand persons died in that instance
when the wrath of God came upon their
act. We see then that fornication is not
entirely about having sexual intercourse
with someone you are not married to; it is
joining yourself to something you have no
business with, whether it is a person, a
business, or job or gossip. This kind of
union is an unholy union and may attract
the anger or wrath of God.
Consecrate yourself to God today by
letting this be the temple of your thought
and speech. Say this, 'Lord, all I want is
all you want, and all you want is all I
want; no part of me is seeking something
else!'
See to it that you do not give yourself
over to any thought or engagement that
reduces God to a mere appendage in your
life. Do not give yourself to any unholy
union. Give Him first place!
WE PROPHECY ON YOU TODAY(say Amen
to this): Receive grace to make God
number oone in your decisions in Jesus
name.
IN RESPONSE TO TODAY's TEACHING,
PLAN: think on those habits you are
cultivating, is God honored by them? If no,
refuse the urge to indulge in them any
longer.
SPEAK THESE WORDS OVER YOUR LIFE
TODAY: I decree and I declare that you are
all I want and all I need is you.
Daily Bible Study: JOB 33 & 34, 1 JOHN
5, PSALMS 54
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 23, 2014
^^ SCRAM!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 23, 2014
AS Monaco are set to fight Atleti in pursuit of Nando according to the Metro.

These ninjas are even willing to offer the £20m we're demanding.

Sell him already!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 7:59am On Jul 23, 2014
priscaoge:
Na here u de hide since abi
Hey Baby
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tobiboss(m): 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
Team news for tonight's game;
Petr cech, ivanovic, jt, zouma, felipe luis, matic, van ginkel, salah, baker, brown, bamford
No torres, azpi, fab, or costa on the bench, mostly academy players

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (19401) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: airmark(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.