Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,649 members, 7,851,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:59 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7012) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10694666 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7009) (7010) (7011) (7012) (7013) (7014) (7015) ... (19354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 7:56am On Apr 04, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Ramos has been more influential than xavi during their careers

This is blasphemy of the highest order. Even Madrid Natives will rebuke you for this blasphemy because of what Xavi did for the National Team.

Xavi was the backbone of the most successful Spanish side, without Xavi, there will be no 2 Euros and no Worldcup, we can't say the same for Sergio Ramos.

Since Xavi became a bit player for Spain, Sergio Ramos biggest highlights has been where he was embarrassingly outrun by Robben in 2014 Worldcup and when he missed the Penalty that could have put Spain in a better position to win the confederation Cup final against Brazil.

Yes he scores headers in some very important matches for Madrid, but still, you can't still compare. Their trophy vaults are not mates sef.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 8:33am On Apr 04, 2019
homesteady:

This is blasphemy of the highest order. Even Madrid Natives will rebuke you for this blasphemy because of what Xavi did for the National Team.

Xavi was the backbone of the most successful Spanish side, without Xavi, there will be no 2 Euros and no Worldcup, we can't say the same for Sergio Ramos.

Since Xavi became a bit player for Spain, Sergio Ramos biggest highlights has been where he was embarrassingly outrun by Robben in 2014 Worldcup and when he missed the Penalty that could have put Spain in a better position to win the confederation Cup final against Brazil.

Yes he scores headers in some very important matches for Madrid, but still, you can't still compare. Their trophy vaults are not mates sef.

Bros argue with these numbers

nihilistjnr:

They can't argue with facts

Xavi for Spain: 12 goals
Sergio Ramos for Spain: 18 goals

Ramos is a CB

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 9:07am On Apr 04, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Bros argue with these numbers

You should know the drill by now na grin Goals is not the only parameter accepted here for quantifying productivity.

Xavi has 27 assists for Spain. Add it to his goals and Ramos doesn't come close! Besides, Ramos has been the penalty taker for Spain for a while now, that's what he is using to pad his stats up.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 9:28am On Apr 04, 2019
nihilistjnr:

They can't argue with facts

Xavi for Spain: 12 goals
Sergio Ramos for Spain: 18 goals

Ramos is a CB

Facts don't lie

Claude Makelele for Chelsea: 2 goals 144 games
Jeremy Mathieu for Barcelona: 3 goals 62 games

Mathieu was a CB rooted on the bench.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:31am On Apr 04, 2019
homesteady:

You should know the drill by now na grin Goals is not the only parameter accepted here for quantifying productivity.

Xavi has 27 assists for Spain. Add it to his goals and Ramos doesn't come close! Besides, Ramos has been the penalty taker for Spain for a while now, that's what he is using to pad his stats up.

Sergio Ramos plays behind Xavi.

He is a defender - his job is to defend not create assists. So your argument is dead in the water.

What I don't understand is how Ramos who stands next to Casillas in the Spain box, has more goals than Xavi playing 50 yards in front of him.

oya thesis.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:31am On Apr 04, 2019
Debroslink:

Facts don't lie

Claude Makelele for Chelsea: 2 goals 144 games
Jeremy Mathieu for Barcelona: 3 goals 62 games

Mathieu was a CB rooted on the bench.

Did makalele and Mathieu play together?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 9:35am On Apr 04, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Story... Lemme help you rephrase what you just posted...
nihilistjnr:

Mathieu is a defender - his job is to defend not create assists. So your argument is dead in the water.

What I don't understand is how Mathieu who stood next to the keeper in the Barcelona box, has more goals than Makelele playing 30 yards in front of the defence.

oya thesis.

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:35am On Apr 04, 2019
See Wetin raumdeuter cause. Beer palor comparison everywhere. Smh

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2019
hensben:
See Wetin raumdeuter cause. Anyhow comparison everywhere. Smh

No be your fellow brother start the nonsense?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:41am On Apr 04, 2019
Debroslink:

No be your fellow brother start the nonsense?
I Dey Shame for all of una. So raumdeuter finally succeed for una body with him beer palor comparison.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 9:53am On Apr 04, 2019
When we say dayo's minions, every sensible human should know we are referring to barkabots.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:03am On Apr 04, 2019
Debroslink:

Story... Lemme help you rephrase what you just posted...

Simple question did Mathieu and Makelele play together?

Xavi and Ramos played together, and I'm making a case for who was more influential for Spain.

That's why I did not post club stats.

Oya thesis cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 10:07am On Apr 04, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Sergio Ramos plays behind Xavi.

He is a defender - his job is to defend not create assists. So your argument is dead in the water.

What I don't understand is how Ramos who stands next to Casillas in the Spain box, has more goals than Xavi playing 50 yards in front of him.

oya thesis.

Is It also Xavi's job to score goals? So your argument is also dead in the water.

His job was to dictate play, control possession and to an extent create chances, all these he did very well. That's why his name is always mentioned when discussing greatest midfielders of all time.

Ramos mostly scored from set-pieces, which ironically are usually delivered by Xavi. And now he is the first choice penalty taker.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 10:08am On Apr 04, 2019
iamrosheed:
Sarri: "Hudson-Odoi is best on the left, the best of Hazard is on theleft, the best of Willan is too but I have only one left. The three an play of course but one must adapt on the other side as Callum did in this match for 90"
but odoi seems more productive on the right. most of his goals and assist came from right
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:12am On Apr 04, 2019
homesteady:

Is It also Xavi's job to score goals? So your argument is also dead in the water.
Sergio ramos job is to stop goals not score them. He did that really well, and then added jara by being a prolific goal scorer.

Who said Xavis job is not to score goals? So CMs are not expected to score goals? That's your excuse for your MCM being outscored by a centreback?

Yo whose man is this? Come get ya mans abeg.

Another barkabot bites the dust. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:33am On Apr 04, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBVBXV_uNTI

You’ll go watch this YouTube highlight and the comments of Hazard vs Neymar who is better. Majority of the commenters said Hazard is better than Neymar. People are now seeing the light.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 10:52am On Apr 04, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Simple question did Mathieu and Makelele play together?

Xavi and Ramos played together, and I'm making a case for who was more influential for Spain.

That's why I did not post club stats.

Oya thesis cheesy

A defender is using PK to paddle stats and you are showboating his stats. You fall my hand.

Since Makelele and Mathieu are not PK takers, their comparison makes more sense.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 11:00am On Apr 04, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Sergio ramos job is to stop goals not score them. He did that really well, and then added jara by being a prolific goal scorer.

Who said Xavis job is not to score goals? So CMs are not expected to score goals? That's your excuse for your MCM being outscored by a centreback?

Yo whose man is this? Come get ya mans abeg.

Another barkabot bites the dust. cheesy

Are you FIFA Chief Technical Director? You are the only one that can assign functions to players abi? grin

So you can comfortably say a defender's only job is to stop goals, and you still want to comfortably say it's a midfielder job to score goals in addition to their already known functions? You should have just gone one step further and added that midfielders job is also to stop goals, since you are in the mood of assigning new jobs to players.

Even at the peak of Spain's reign, Ramos wasn't their acclaimed best defender, that title belonged to Puyol, so your Ramos propaganda doesn't just cut it.

After Puyol retired and Xavi became a bit-player, Spain received back to back embarrassment from Netherland and Chile. Robben even used Ramos to create a football record sef. Please don't let me remember all these things, it's just too saddening. Ramos was just too useless at 2014 Worldcup. Ramos can only claim to be a great for Madrid, but not for the National Team.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 11:02am On Apr 04, 2019
Emaprince:
When we say dayo's minions, every sensible human should know we are referring to barkabots.

Is this the most meaningful addition you have to the current discourse?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:09am On Apr 04, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Did Terry and iniesta play together that was compared by a chelsea fan

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:12am On Apr 04, 2019
hensben:
See Wetin ramdeuter cause. Beer palor comparison everywhere. Smh

Ramdeuter didn't stop you from using your brain

I compare hazard to other attackers playing similar roles not telling you that Bakayoko has more interceptions than Hazard

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:14am On Apr 04, 2019
homesteady:

Ramos has more almost double the number of career goals of Xavi.

Your point is?

This tag should go to ibime who brings iniesta goals and compare to Terry at the same time calling xavi the greatest midfielder ever

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:16am On Apr 04, 2019
Debroslink:

A defender is using PK to paddle stats and you are showboating his stats. You fall my hand.

Since Makelele and Mathieu are not PK takers, their comparison makes more sense.

if you want to compare Mathieu and Makelele that's your business. I'm not interested in such conversation

My own argument is simple Ramos was more influential than Xavi for spain.

Why?

Because Ramos scored more goals for Spain than Xavi when they played together.

You can either choose to challenge my assertion, or keep it moving grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:17am On Apr 04, 2019
raumdeuter:

Did Terry and iniesta play together that was compared by a chelsea fan

What's my business with that? If you want to challenge whoever said that, be my guest.

But I'm only discussing Ramos and Xavi

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 11:20am On Apr 04, 2019
homesteady:

Are you FIFA Chief Technical Director? You are the only one that can assign functions to players abi? grin

The closer you play to an opponents goal, the more you are expected to score goals.

Nobody expects a keeper to score hattricks. It is not expected for a defender to outscore a midfielder...especially a non-defensive midfielder.

Ramos > Xavi

Bring stats or call the cops.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 11:27am On Apr 04, 2019
Any reason we shouldn't give Reece James a chance next season?
Him, RLC, CHO, Pulisic, Christensen are looking good.

If we can sign a backup left back and a good CB, a good striker, a replacement for Hazard if he leaves, and backup for Jorginho that Sarri will like (Giovanni Lo Celso and Nicolo Barella come to mind), we should be OK.

Also offload deadwood like Cahill, Drinkwater, Zappacosta. See if anyone will be foolish enough to take Luiz, Alonso and Barkley off our hands. Mason Mount is returning. Kovacic might stay too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 11:47am On Apr 04, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Why?

Because Ramos scored more goals for Spain than Xavi when they played together

grin

If scoring goals(mostly PK) denotes influence according to you, then Makelele is the most unproductive French midfielder in this century. He couldn't outscore another French man who is a CB and has spent most of his career on the bench.

Mathieu > Makelele

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2019
Debroslink:

If scoring goals(mostly PK) denotes influence according to you, then Makelele is the most unproductive French midfielder in this century. He couldn't outscore another French man who is a CB and has spent most of his career on the bench.

Mathieu > Makelele

That's your business

I did not quote you to argue that, and I don't care about that

You quoted me to discuss my opinion on Xavi vs Ramos based on stats. I have zero opinion on Mathieu vs Makelele

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
nihilistjnr:

That's your business

I did not quote you to argue that, and I don't care about that

You quoted me to discuss my opinion on Xavi vs Ramos based on stats. I have zero opinion on Mathieu vs Makelele

We are so even. EOD

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 1:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
Debroslink:

We are so even. EOD

Bruh call the cops grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 1:18pm On Apr 04, 2019
nihilistjnr:

Why?

Because Ramos scored more goals for Spain than Xavi when they played together.

You can either choose to challenge my assertion, or keep it moving grin

OK, I think you just ended your banter by yourself.

From 2005 - 2014 when they both played together, Xavi scored 13 goals, while Ramos scored 10 goals. So your assumptions were wrong, shey you talk say na who score more goals pass, na him influential pass? Oya Xavi has passed Nihilstjnr influential test.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 1:20pm On Apr 04, 2019
raumdeuter:

This tag should go to ibime who brings iniesta goals and compare to Terry at the same time calling xavi the greatest midfielder ever

I wonder why he hasn't said anything yet, maybe he hasn't seen it yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7009) (7010) (7011) (7012) (7013) (7014) (7015) ... (19354) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agadinaagwuofe, EmmanuelScott1(m), User09 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.