Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (731) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10509231 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) ... (19149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
coogar:

nateevs is right - your delivery from the wide areas was weak. mourinho was a fool for starting felipe luis ahead of the indomitable azpi. chelsea got what they deserved - the balance was unstable from the get go.

Nateevs ain't right about nothing. Just a ninny who thinks wingers and flicksters alone make a team.

How can Chelsea's wingplay be the major error of the summer when ninjas like Mikel and Ramires still hold shirt in our team?

If you give him City's wingers, he will say not replacing Navas, Milner and Nasri is the fundamental error in City

If you give him Arsenal's wingers, he will say Oxlade, Walcott and Podolski are the problem

If you give him Manure, he will say the problems are caused by Ashley Young, Januszaj and Valencia.

Actually, which team in the Prem is more equipped on the wings than Chelsea?

It's just ninny ranting based on his warped view of the game.

We will win the league, everybody calm down.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2014
The league is still as open as can be

anything less 3 pts at WHL means Gobe
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dawhizkid1(m): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2014
mithel:

you are overflogging this matter, first half vs second half....which looked like we were better?

Me, I just tire. I'm not even saying Willian is Iniesta or that he is awesome. I'm don't like complaining a lot about what we lack and all, everyone knows our right flank(Both offensive and defensive) is our Major weakness, but looking at the resources we have, Willian brings more to the team than Schurrle. It's simple.

All Schurrle brings is that odd goal here and there. Nothing more. We have a lot more control and understanding between the AMs when Willian plays than when Schurrle do, and it was evident in this game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ibime:

Nateevs ain't right about nothing. Just a ninny who thinks wingers and flicksters alone make a team.

How can Chelsea's wingplay be the major error of the summer when ninjas like Mikel and Ramires still hold shirt in our team?

If you give him City's wingers, he will say not replacing Navas, Milner and Nasri is the fundamental error in City

If you give him Arsenal's wingers, he will say Oxlade, Walcott and Podolski are the problem

If you give him Manure, he will say the problems are caused by Ashley Young, Januszaj and Valencia.

Most equipped on the wings? 99% percent of the arguments on here at this moment is wing related - about who is better on the wings.

You are going your way with this one and blaming Ramires who did not even play. So what if we had two Matics playing today instead of Mikel? You think we would have won.

We had only one shot on target all game - by Hazard a player you claimed we could win the league without.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 5:31pm On Dec 28, 2014
nateevs:

You just lack manners. Your inability to make a point without being abusive is stagerring. Grown married man, old enough to be a father.
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:37pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ibime:

a winger/flickster prevented a monumental loss for you today. how's nateevs not right? if you have a hazard equivalent on the other flank, won't it be a bonus?

chelsea have the best central defence in the league. the fullbacks are also the best as a pair, matic/cesc combo is the best, costa is the best striker in the league......however, i can count 7 teams with better pair of wingers than chelsea in the league

united
city
west ham
arsenal
everton
southampton
swansea

you will win the league? based on what? permutation? jazz? prophesy? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Babamide(m): 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
I am frustrated with the football Chelsea have started to play this season. What is with all the rubbish passing and beautiful football and tiki taka. In the first half alone, we had 58% possession, over 250passes and only 1 shot on goal. Complete rubbish. The pattern of play is even frustrating to Diego Costa. He hardly ever get a clear cut chance. We are beginning to look like an arsenal team

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
nateevs:

Most equipped on the wings? 99% percent of the arguments on here at this moment is wing related - about who is better on the wings.

You are going your way with this one and blaming Ramires who did not even play. So what if we had two Matics playing today instead of Mikel? You think we would have won.

We had only one shot on target all game - by Hazard a player you claimed we could win the league without.

I wasn't abusing you BTW, just making jest. . . . but you chatting shyte.

How can a ninja claim not replacing Willian, Schurrle and Salah is the main error of the summer?

You mean replacing your boy shekpe keeper with Costa is not fundamental, or buying Fabregas & Matic for the midfield is not fundamental?

You busy talking about wingers being the fundamental error. Certainly, I have to question your sanity.

Oya, tell us which team in the Premier League have better wingers than Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
Burnley equaliser!!!

I blame Navas, Silva and Nasri!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
Goal!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
2-2

Come on Burnley
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ibime:
Burnley equaliser!!!

city have no strikers...
your analogy is idiotïc at best. you had costa, drogba and remy fit & firing and you had only one shot on target to show for it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
Nobody type anything....nobody jinx anything

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ibime:
Burnley equaliser!!!
how many min remaining?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
Burnley! We can do this!

93+

Burnley freelick at the corner line

Mangala isn't good!

Yeah!
2_2 draw
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
mithel:
Nobody type anything....nobody jinx anything

Are we free to type? I repeat. . ..

Ibime:

We have played all the Northern teams away from home except Hull. Our fixture list is easing up.

46 points in 19 games puts us on course for a 92 point season. . . . and we've played all the big boys away except Arsenal.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ibime:

Are we free to type? I repeat. . ..
We have played all the Northern teams away from home except Hull. Our fixture list is easing up.
46 points in 19 games puts us on course for a 92 point season. . . . and we've played all the big boys away except Arsenal.
'

yeeeeeeesssssss
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ibime:

I wasn't abusing you BTW, just making jest. . . . but you chatting shyte.

How can a ninja claim not replacing Willian, Schurrle and Salah is the main error of the summer?

You mean replacing your boy shekpe keeper with Costa is not fundamental, or buying Fabregas for the midfielder is not fundamental?

You busy talking about wingers. Certainly, I have to question your sanity.

Oya, tell us which team in the Premier League have better wingers than Chelsea.

I am not saying that replacing Torres, Eto'o and Ba with Costa, Drogba and Remy is not a brilliant decision. We both agreed on the inclusion of Fab.
Plus you and I also agree 100% that Ramires and Mikel need to be moved on for better players. We also both agree that we need a better number 10. So I freaking wonder why you are so quick jump on my other opinions when they differ from yours.

Take Hazard off, we don't have wingers. Andre does not influence play, cannot beat a man and never crosses.

Willian can beat a man but only within 2m radius. The next decision he makes is always rubbish. He doesn't cross, score or threaten. And the most annoying is you will almost never find him on the flanks. Don't get me started on Salah.

And you say we are the most equipped team with wingers. I will take Oxlade, Townsend, Navas, Januzay, Tadic, Downing, Sanchez over what we have.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
Yessssssss!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
I loveeeeeeeeeee burley kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
naso burnley cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
nateevs:

I am not saying that replacing Torres, Eto'o and Ba with Costa, Drogba and Remy is not a brilliant decision. We both agreed on the inclusion of Fab.
Plus you and I also agree 100% that Ramires and Mikel need to be moved on for better players. We also both agree that we need a better number 10. So I freaking wonder why you are so quick jump on my other opinions when they differ from yours.

Take Hazard off, we don't have wingers. Andre does not influence play, cannot beat a man and never crosses.

Willian can beat a man but only within 2m radius. The next decision he makes is always rubbish. He doesn't cross, score or threaten. And the most annoying is you will almost never find him on the flanks. Don't get me started on Salah.

And you say we are the most equipped team with wingers. I will take Oxlade, Townsend, Navas, Januzay, Tadic, Downing, Sanchez over what we have.

Nateevs hope all is well,what do you mean by townsend,downing, oxlade common man, you are better than this shocked shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Maduks88(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
God bless burnley grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
nateevs:

Hahahaha. . . . .you pushing it boss. . . . I repeat, there is no team in the EPL better equipped on the wings.

It will only take 5 games for us to chase Downing, Januszaj and co from Stamford Bridge with boos.

The only ninja I will take from your list is Sanchez.

We have the best wings. Only Sanchez and Silva is comparable to Hazard, and Silva ain't a winger. Then Sterling.

Every other winger in the league apart from those I've mentioned is no better than Schurrle and Willian.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
mithel:

Nateevs hope all is well,what do you mean by townsend,downing, oxlade common man, you are better than this shocked shocked

Abeg. Tell me how Wllian is better than Downing. How is Schurrle better than Oxlade Chamberlain.

Perhaps Townsend is pushing it. But it gives you an idea of lowly I rate our wingers. Remember Willian cost 30m.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ibime:

Hahahaha. . . . .you pushing it boss. . . . I repeat, there is no team in the EPL better equipped on the wings.

It will only take 5 games for us to chase Downing, Januszaj and co from Stamford Bridge with boos.

The only ninja I will take from your list is Sanchez.

We have the best wings. Only Sanchez and Silva is comparable to Hazard, and Silva ain't a winger. Then Sterling.

Every other winger in the league apart from those I've mentioned is no better than Schurrle and Willian.

valencia, young, januzaj, di maria are all better than willian. you think it's about bushy hair? willian has the brain power of a culex mosquito.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2014
I just gotta say Burnley did well.

And also that this Burnley side is a much more clinical one when compared to the one we played at the start of the season

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
nateevs:

Abeg. Tell me how Wllian is better than Downing. How is Schurrle better than Oxlade Chamberlain.

Perhaps Townsend is pushing it. But it gives you an idea of lowly I rate our wingers. Remember Willian cost 30m.

Downing flopped at Liverpool badly. Why would he succeed even remotely at Chelsea? He's not even playing on the wing at West Ham! He's a plodder on the wing.

Oxlade can't defend. Schurrle should be compared to Walcott, both players who can't play footie but have goals in their boots. If Walcott benches Oxlade at Arsenal, what business do we have placing Oxlade over Schurrle?

Januszaj will go the way of Mata. A passenger who destabilises his wing defensively. He will ride bench till eternity. If he can't displace Young and Valencia at Manure, what business does he have in Chelsea?

If you talking of top wingers:

Arsenal have Sanchez
City have Silva
Chelsea have Hazard
United have Di Maria
Liverpool have Sterling

Nobody has more than one. Everybody else cannot displace Schurrle and Willian. Wing-play is not a fundamental disadvantage for Chelsea.

And when I said Chelsea can win a league without Hazard, Fergie did it for 3 years straight with Valencia, Young and Nani. Wing play is not the fundamental part of the team you think it is. A winger's job is to stretch the play for the midfielders and strikers, and provide an outball when under pressure. Strikers and midfielders win leagues not wingers. You and Emenalo could do with learning that.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 6:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
mithel:

you are overflogging this matter, first half vs second half....which looked like we were better?

If you have eyes, you would know that chelsea were on top psychologically because of the goal right at the end.

Willian came on and did fuckall.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
Newcastle 3 - 1 Everton

Martinez is in trouble

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ibime:

Downing flopped at Liverpool badly. Why would he succeed even remotely at Chelsea? He's not even playing on the wing at West Ham! He's a plodder on the wing.

Oxlade can't defend. Schurrle should be compared to Walcott, both players who can't play footie but have goals in their boots. If Walcott benches Oxlade at Arsenal, what business do we have placing Oxlade over Schurrle?

Januszaj will go the way of Mata. A passenger who destabilises his wing defensively. He will ride bench till eternity. If he can't displace Young and Valencia at Manure, what business does he have in Chelsea?

If you talking of top wingers:

Arsenal have Sanchez
City have Silva
Chelsea have Hazard
United have Di Maria
Liverpool have Sterling

Nobody has more than one. Everybody else cannot displace Schurrle and Willian. Wing-play is not a fundamental disadvantage for Chelsea.

And when I said Chelsea can win a league without Hazard, Fergie did it for 3 years straight with Valencia, Young and Nani. Wing play is not the fundamental part of the team you think it is. A winger's job is to stretch the play for the midfielders and strikers, and provide an outball when under pressure. Strikers and midfielders win leagues not wingers. You and Emenalo could do with learning that.

A winger's job is to stretch play for midfielders and strikers. Correct! So which of Scurrle and Willian stretches play for midfielders and strikers?

Schurrle was on for 45mins made no single cross, never stretched play and was anonymous. Replaced by Willian, and again, for 49mins, Willian made no cross or stretched play.

Fergie won the league 3ce without a Hazard because he had a Valencia, Nani and Young. And that exactly is my point. Who forgets in a hurry the threat Nani and Valencia carry? Managers tune their defensive setup for these players. Even JM.

Who tunes their defensive setup for Willian and Schurrle? They carry no threat, they scare no one.

If Fergie had Schurrle, Willian and Salah instead, they win zilch. And that's why you are you are wrong about the ability of our wingers and the possibility of winning the league without Hazard.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
nateevs:

A winger's job is to stretch play for midfielders and strikers. Correct! So which of Scurrle and Willian stretches play for midfielders and strikers?

Schurrle was on for 45mins made no single cross, never stretched play and was anonymous. Replaced by Willian, and again, for 49mins, Willian made no cross or stretched play.

It was not a game for Schurrle. Southampton parked the bus. There was nothing to stretch.

Schurrle comes into his own when you are a goal up, or when you are playing a better team and sitting in your own half. He holds his own defensively, and he runs from your half to the opposition box in 2 seconds and scores. He did it against PSG, he did it for Germany in the World Cup when they were ahead, and he broke the World Cup with his counterattacking. He is in the top10 of goals-per-minute in Premier League history.

Willian you play when you want to keep possession and still be solid defensively.

There is no fundamental disadvantage in Chelsea's wing play.

I would replace them with a ninja like Sanchez, but there's no fundamental weakness with them. The no of wingers on the market who would upgrade the team by replacing Schurrle and Willian can be counted on one hand.

Not to mention ninjas like Traore, Thorgan and Piazon. We get them boku. Wing play is not a need, it's a want.

That said, I would take Sanchez and Sterling if they are available, but there is no fundamental error in not replacing them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) ... (19149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.