Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10505736 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7610) (7611) (7612) (7613) (7614) (7615) (7616) ... (19148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 3:06pm On Aug 27, 2019
airmark:

So its actually your village fans booing Lampard currently. grin
airmark citadel of football knowledge...

When others are watching ball with a clear eye, you will drink akpuru achia, wear welders shield to watch your own..

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2019
sod09:
i still didn't get the number 9

I didnt get the answers to number 9 too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
raumdeuter:

I didnt get the answers to number 9 too
angry angry angry
which kind play be that, why you com put am
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:32pm On Aug 27, 2019
sod09:
angry angry angry
which kind play be that, why you com put am

Una wey get sharp eyes for here make una decode am ni, Someone said its Kroos but I am not sure

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mapoka: 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2019
raumdeuter:

Una wey get sharp eyes for here make una decode am ni, Someone said its Kroos but I am not sure

After watching the video, I don't think it's kroos

Kroos no fit dey speak that English
That boy na England player
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:42pm On Aug 27, 2019
raumdeuter:

English boy born in the late 70s or latest 1980.

Mark Hughes n Lineker were at Barca in late 80s

P.S still looks like Beckham to me.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
raumdeuter:

It’s Beckham.

Right age, right country, mentioned Bobby Charlton Soccer Schools.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2019
Beckham
raumdeuter:

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mapoka: 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2019
afrodoc2:

Gbammest
You sabi am
I heard the lady asking him about Maradona and also asking him the best player in Barcelona
That boy na Beckham
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2019
afrodoc2:

You are probably right. The video was shot mid to late 80s given the resolution and picture. Beckhams age fit
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2019
Mount
RLC
Andreas
Reece
Tammy sad
Odoi

I have dreamt of this for so long.

We have failed so many youngsters though.

Youth cool cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
raumdeuter:

That's 11 year old David Beckham(1986). The programme was fairly famous in the UK back in the 80s. If I had a pound for everytime that particular clip has been replayed, I'd be a Multi Millionaire by now.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
raumdeuter:

Saying that is Kroos is not out of place if you consider the kid is spotting the 3 stripes of Adidas which is associated with Germany but I think the kid has an English look especially with the hairstyle and language.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mapoka: 5:27pm On Aug 27, 2019
Roland17:

Saying that is Kroos is not out of place if you consider the kid is spotting the 3 stripes of Adidas which is associated with Germany but I think the kid has an English look especially with the hairstyle and language.

Exactly
That was why I said kroos, and by then I haven't seen the video
I only got to find out that the kid is English after I watched the video

I thought it was kroos because of that jersey
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:41pm On Aug 27, 2019
lordfalcao:
airmark citadel of football knowledge...

When others are watching ball with a clear eye, you will drink akpuru achia, wear welders shield to watch your own..

So na this thing dey make you see fans booing Lampard currently. The little sense you get, the drink comot am cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2019
chic2pimp:

That's 11 year old David Beckham(1986). The programme was fairly famous in the UK back in the 80s. If I had a pound for everytime that particular clip has been replayed, I'd be a Multi Millionaire by now.

afrodoc2, Who do you think was the better player, Totti or DelPiero?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2019
Neymar to be featured on la casa de papel series..

Dude probly jumping ship on careers grin

Dont mess with Arab money cheesy

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2019
seankafor:
Neymar to be featured on la casa de papel series..

Dude probly jumping ship on careers grin

Dont mess with Arab money cheesy
cry cry cry cry

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 7:58pm On Aug 27, 2019
raumdeuter:

afrodoc2, Who do you think was the better player, Totti or DelPiero?

Totti shades it. With the Azzuris, It is most certainly Totti. The trequartista is both players prefered position when it comes to the national team and Totti more often than not gets the nod when a decision has to be made as to who plays that role. Also Italians will never forgive Alex for His horrific performance at the Finals of Euro 2000. Totti on the other hand was the best player on the pitch that night.

Club Footy is the tougher one. Alex obviously had a far more fruitful club career owing to the fact that He played for Juve. Having said that, we are talking strictly Serie A, then it's Totti again. However If we include European Footy, then it's Alex.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2019
airmark:

cheesy

What's your Fenibesoan name bro?

Same as his.

TamaraEbi is same as TamunoIbi or TamunoIbime meaning God is good.

They use Tamara mostly in Bayelsa or Delta while we use Tamuno in Rivers.

I would guess he is Bayelsa man from his surname Bakumo-Abraham.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2019
chic2pimp:

Totti shades it. With the Azzuris, It is most certainly Totti. The trequartista is both players prefered position when it comes to the national team and Totti more often than not gets the nod when a decision has to be made as to who plays that role. Also Italians will never forgive Alex for His horrific performance at the Finals of Euro 2000. Totti on the other hand was the best player on the pitch that night.

Club Footy is the tougher one. Alex obviously had a far more fruitful club career owing to the fact that He played for Juve. Having said that, we are talking strictly Serie A, then it's Totti again. However If we include European Footy, then it's Alex.

You know DelPiero moved to a support striker role early in his career to partner Vieri/Inzaghi while Zidane played as the 10 behind them

While Totti was the 10 behind Montella and Delvecchio/Batistuta in Roma before Totti moved forward later in his career

For the National team the formation were more conservative with post Baggio, Totti was favoured but by that time DelPiero had already suffered that injury that kind of slowed him down as he wasnt as pacy as earlier in his career
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2019
Me I will rank Del Piero much higher than Totti both for club and country. Del Piero of 96-98 was top 5 player on the planet. Totti has never been at that level
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ibime:

Same as his.

TamaraEbi is same as TamunoIbi or TamunoIbime meaning God is good.

They use Tamara mostly in Bayelsa or Delta while we use Tamuno in Rivers.

I would guess he is Bayelsa man from his surname Bakumo-Abraham.
Interesting, bro. "Tamuno" reminds me of late Prof. Tekena Tamuno of UI, one of the highly respected personalities in the academia in Nigeria.

He must have been an Ijaw?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
chic2pimp:

DelPiero was the better player but his peak was short-lived. He was finished by 1999. I think the cruciate injury compounded by his father's long term incurable illness finished him physically and mentally. DelPiero was the only player I saw go toe-to-toe with a peak Ronaldo. You were still in primary school then. Anything after 1998 is not representative of the real Del Piero.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:51pm On Aug 27, 2019
gensteejay:

Interesting, bro. "Tamuno" reminds me of late Prof. Tekena Tamuno of UI, one of the highly respected personalities in the academia in Nigeria.

He must have been an Ijaw?

All Tamuno is Ijaw, specifically Eastern Ijaw ie Rivers State mostly
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ibime:

All Tamuno is Ijaw, specifically Eastern Ijaw ie Rivers State mostly
cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ibime:

DelPiero was the better player but his peak was short-lived. He was finished by 1999. I think the cruciate injury compounded by his father's long term incurable illness finished him physically and mentally. DelPiero was the only player I saw go toe-to-toe with a peak Ronaldo. You were still in primary school then. Anything after 1998 is not representative of the real Del Piero.
Juve fans actually called him the Real Phenomenon. Prime Del Piero was no joke. He led Juve to 3 straight CL Finals

You can dispute the length of his peak but Totti never sniffed that 3 season peak.

Totti IMO was mad overrated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2019
raumdeuter:

You know DelPiero moved to a support striker role early in his career to partner Vieri/Inzaghi while Zidane played as the 10 behind them

While Totti was the 10 behind Montella and Delvecchio/Batistuta in Roma before Totti moved forward later in his career

For the National team the formation were more conservative with post Baggio, Totti was favoured but by that time DelPiero had already suffered that injury that kind of slowed him down as he wasnt as pacy as earlier in his career

Del Piero is a case of "What Might have been"? His Pre Injury record are not enough to overhaul Totti's career.

Totti was favoured not only because of Alex's injury but also because He usually flatters to deceive once He dons an Azzuri Jersey.

Totti is the Most talented Italian player since Robby whilst Pirlo is the Best player since Baggio.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
A40:
Me I will rank Del Piero much higher than Totti both for club and country. Del Piero of 96-98 was top 5 player on the planet. Totti has never been at that level

For club most probably(His CL record is much better than Totti) however with regards to the Azzuri, No chance.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 9:26pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ibime:

Alex certainly had a higher peak but I still contend His body of work is not enough to say He is handily the better player of the two. All your other points are simply "ifs" and "buts"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2019
I am with chic2pimp on this one. The Golden Boy, II Capitano is not just any kind of Italian player, he is a religion with a cult following, almost an institution in Italy. Del Piero was never the best or most influential player on any of his team including the national team but that can not be said of The Golden Boy who played with lesser talents in contrast to Del Piero.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2019
chic2pimp:

For club most probably(His CL record is much better than Totti) however with regards to the Azzuri, No chance.
So how come Del Piero has scored more goals for the Azzuri than Totti?

Where was Totti in Korea Japan when Italy were headed for an embarrassing first round exit before Del P came to save the day.

I've never bought into the Totti hype. Even the Euro 2000 Finals you might want to bring that he won MOTM. Well they lost so that would be immaterial

Del Piero has scored more goals. 27 to 9 so on what grounds was Totti better for the Azzuri?

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7610) (7611) (7612) (7613) (7614) (7615) (7616) ... (19148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick, Itsrm(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.