Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,630 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:56 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7885) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10744981 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7882) (7883) (7884) (7885) (7886) (7887) (7888) ... (19420) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisooblog: 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2019
i beg to disagree Wilhelm Troost-Ekong a Tottenham Hotspur reject was playing in 2nd division Netherlands when he made his debut for nigeria. now he plays in serie a. nigeria cap clearly aided his career. from 2nd tier dutch football, norway and turkey he's now in italy

raumdeuter:

And how will Nigerian call ups enhance his career? If he is useless no amount of National team caps can help his career. The same way National team call up did not help Ali Daei who is one of the most capped footballers

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2019
Emmynator:
On this matter of Abraham choosing England over Nigeria, the truth is that we cant fault him for it, he most likely feels more English than Nigeria, Abraham himself maybe comfortable with been a second fiddle player for now, he chose England, we can do without him surely, him and osimehn are of almost the same quality so its not like Abraham will find it easy in Nigeria team, he has to fight for his place as he is doing currently in England.

Don't let us deceive ourselves, with his current form he will be starting ahead of Osimhen, being a Chelsea player. That's how our national team is wired.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emmynator(m): 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2019
airmark:

Don't let us deceive ourselves, with his current form he will be starting ahead of Osimhen, being a Chelsea player. That's how our national team is wired.
True but that doesn't matter anymore, and it doesn't also mean Abraham made a bad choice.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
chrisooblog:
i beg to disagree Wilhelm Troost-Ekong a Tottenham Hotspur reject was playing in 2nd division Netherlands when he made his debut for nigeria. now he plays in serie a. nigeria cap clearly aided his career. from 2nd tier dutch football, norway and turkey he's now in italy

How has this National call up helped the career of Leon Balogun and Iheanacho?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisooblog: 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2019
that is not my business. you said how has a nigerian cap helped anyone's career and i gave you an example cest fini

raumdeuter:

How has this National call up helped the career of Leon Balogun and Iheanacho?

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2019
chrisooblog:
that is not my business. you said how has a nigerian cap helped anyone's career and i gave you an example cest fini

How do you know its Nigerias cap that helped him and not his club performance in Turkey? That is why I am asking which help has the same Nigerian cap done to Ahmed Musa, Iheanacho and co
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

How do you know its Nigerias cap that helped him and not his club performance in Turkey? That is why I am asking which help has the same Nigerian cap done to Ahmed Musa, Iheanacho and co

See question? grin grin grin

Emmynator:

True but that doesn't matter anymore, and it doesn't also mean Abraham made a bad choice.

I didn't say it was a bad choice, likewise choosing Nigeria wouldn't have been a bad choice. He just needs to work harder to leave the bench to play for England.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisooblog: 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
well the facts tell me he was in career purgatory before he started playing for nigeria. once he started wearing the green white green things looked up he went from norway to italy. Tyrone Ebuehi was playing for some no name club in Netherlands too moved to Benfica before he got injured. i'm not bothered about your hypothesis you asked a question i answered EOD.

raumdeuter:

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisooblog: 4:20pm On Oct 16, 2019
airmark:

I didn't say it was a bad choice, likewise choosing Nigeria wouldn't have been a bad choice. He just needs to work harder to leave the bench to play for England.

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Branzy(m): 4:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

You know Musa world cup heroics got him his lucrative Saudi Arabia club

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
Branzy:
You know Musa world cup heroics got him his lucrative Saudi Arabia club

He is on loan in Saudi. Are his fellow 27yr old footballers playing in Saudi now? Despite his world cup heroics, he is being tossed to backwater leagues

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
chrisooblog:
well the facts tell me he was in career purgatory before he started playing for nigeria. once he started wearing the green white green things looked up he went from norway to italy. Tyrone Ebuehi was playing for some no name club in Netherlands too moved to Benfica before he got injured. i'm not bothered about your hypothesis you asked a question i answered EOD.

Players that dont have National teams even change clubs, trying to tie their club change to National team call up is being mischievious, Ebuehi joined Benfica even before the world cup started

Ekong was in Turkey and he moved to Udinese, what proof do you have that his National team exploits was what gained him that move and not his club football exploits. Especially since most of his colleagues at the National team have not progressed

Omeruo has been playing for Nigeria since with over 50 caps while getting tossed from one backwater club to another

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
airmark:

Very legit one. Players without National teams make career moves. Wan Bissaka joined Man Utd, how many caps does he have for his country
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisooblog: 4:41pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ebuehi was already in the national team setup since 2017 a whole year before the world cup.

Ekong started playing for nigeria in 2015 he was 2nd division dutch league player then.

your argument is not about whether if most have progressed stop shifting goal posts

your argument was clearly nigerian cap no epp anibodi and i've shown evidence that it does

raumdeuter:

Players that dont have National teams even change clubs, trying to tie their club change to National team call up is being miscievious, Ebuehi joined Benfica even before the world cup started

Ekong was in Turkey and he moved to Udinese, what proof do you have that his National team exploits was what gained him that move and not his club football exploits. Especially since most of his colleagues at the National team have not progressed

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2019
chrisooblog:
Ebuehi was already in the national team setup since 2017 a whole year before the world cup.
Ekong started playing for nigeria in 2015 he was 2nd division dutch league player then.
your argument is not about whether if most have progressed stop shifting goal posts

your argument was clearly nigerian cap no epp anibodi and i've shown evidence that it does

Correlation is not causation

That Ekong changed clubs did not mean it was his National team cap that made it
I can claim it rained in Lagos because I came to Lagos, The logical question will be that when I went to Kano did it rain?
If the National team was what made Ekong change to better clubs how come it hasn't helped others?

You mean the substitute appearance in friendlies plus the 45mins he played at the world cup was what made Ebuehi sign for Benfica not his 3yrs at Den Haag?

There are players without National teams that make career change maybe you will tell us Naby Keita moved to Liverpool because of his playing for Guinea

Omeruo has been playing for Nigeria way longer than Ekong or Ebuehi yet he was getting tossed from one tier 3 team to another for the past 6yrs that he was a National team player

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisooblog: 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2019
ekong has been playing for nigeria for 4 years at the beginning his club career was nothing to write about 4 years he's in italy. if he was so good then he would have been playing for better clubs before he joined nigeria.

ebuehi was/is a talent before he met up with nigeria nobody knew benfica was interested in him nigeria provided that platform to showcase his talents and hey presto he was.

wo i'm done arguing with you believe what you will if it will help you sleep better at night

raumdeuter:

Correlation is not causation

That Ekong changed clubs did not mean it was his National team cap that made it
I can claim it rained in Lagos because I came to Lagos, The logical question will be that when I went to Kano did it rain?
If the National team was what made Ekong change to better clubs how come it hasn't helped others?

You mean the substitute appearance in friendlies plus the 45mins he played at the world cup was what made Ebuehi sign for Benfica not his 3yrs at Den Haag?

There are players without National teams that make career change maybe you will tell us Naby Keita moved to Liverpool because of his playing for Guinea

Omeruo has been playing for Nigeria way longer than Ekong or Ebuehi yet he was getting tossed from one tier 3 team to another for the past 6yrs that he was a National team player

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2019
chrisooblog:
ekong has been playing for nigeria for 4 years at the beginning his club career was nothing to write about 4 years he's in italy. if he was so good then he would have been playing for better clubs before he joined nigeria.
ebuehi was/is a talent before he met up with nigeria nobody knew benfica was interested in him nigeria provided that platform to showcase his talents and hey presto he was.
wo i'm done arguing with you believe what you will if it will help you sleep better at night

Omeruo has been playing longer than that how come he did not change to a good club
Etebo has been playing for National team since how come he is not getting good clubs
Onazi has been playing for National team for how long and how is his career going?
Iheanacho has been playing for National team for long, how is his career going?

All these people have been playing for longer than Ekong and their career are getting worse

Let's look at the new ones
Balogun nko? Bryan Idowu nko?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2019
Another example Victor Osimhen.
Last season played well in Belgium and got a transfer to Lille, Currently he is Ligue 1 top scorer
If he gets a move to a big club next thing we will be hearing is that the National team was what helped Osimhen to get the transfer

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

Very legit one. Players without National teams make career moves. Wan Bissaka joined Man Utd, how many caps does he have for his country

Nobody told you players without national teams never made career moves, don't switch the argument.

Did national team caps help some players, YES. Okocha's performance at France 98, fetched him that PSG transfer (most expensive African player that time). PSG weren't chasing him before the world cup, so don't tell us about his Fenerbahce's performances.

If you have contact with any soccer agent, ask him about the benefits of starring for a national team. Many big clubs will tell their scouts that they only need national team players, playing in europe. There was even a time in epl, if you hadn't got a certain number of caps for your national team, you wouldn't be signed. I don't know if that law still applies.

Do you think players bribing their ways to play for Nigeria, are fools? Why do clubs send scouts to tournaments?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2019
raumdeuter:
Another example Victor Osimhen.
Last season played well in Belgium and got a transfer to Lille, Currently he is Ligue 1 top scorer
If he gets a move to a big club next thing we will be hearing is that the National team was what helped Osimhen to get the transfer

A national team can help a player move higher in his career. It may be rare, but it happens

An example is Sunday Mba

He played for our local leagues all his life. But after that AFCON in 2013, CA Bastia signed him. Definitely his performance at that tournament contributed to that.

Although it's rare, it happens

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 5:51pm On Oct 16, 2019
Who watched trump on CNN?

Dude spits what's in his mind uncooked and raw grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:35pm On Oct 16, 2019
airmark:

Nobody told you players without national teams never made career moves, don't switch the argument.

Did national team caps help some players, YES. Okocha's performance at France 98, fetched him that PSG transfer (most expensive African player that time). PSG weren't chasing him before the world cup, so don't tell us about his Fenerbahce's performances.

If you have contact with any soccer agent, ask him about the benefits of starring for a national team. Many big clubs will tell their scouts that they only need national team players, playing in europe. There was even a time in epl, if you hadn't got a certain number of caps for your national team, you wouldn't be signed. I don't know if that law still applies.

Do you think players bribing their ways to play for Nigeria, are fools? Why do clubs send scouts to tournaments?

That is why we are asking you for evidence that it as National team that was responsible for the move and not the displays at Fenerbahce

If Osimhen moves now, you will also say it was because of National team plays
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Branzy(m): 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

He is on loan in Saudi. Are his fellow 27yr old footballers playing in Saudi now? Despite his world cup heroics, he is being tossed to backwater leagues

His move to Saudi is very lucrative. They are many Brazilians even Europeans younger than him. Plying their trade in Asia for the money. Is Carrasco not one
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:00pm On Oct 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

That is why we are asking you for evidence that it as National team that was responsible for the move and not the displays at Fenerbahce

How many of you?

Evidence that PSG weren't chasing him until his great performance in the world cup? Find another thing to type.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2019
Branzy:

His move to Saudi is very lucrative. They are many Brazilians even Europeans younger than him. Plying their trade in Asia for the money. Is Carrasco not one

He was on loan in Saudi technically a Leicester City player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
airmark:
How many of you?
Evidence that PSG weren't chasing him until his great performance in the world cup? Find another thing to type.

Like I said its like if Osimhen moves to a bigger club you will claim it was because of good performance with National Team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:44pm On Oct 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

Like I said its like if Osimhen moves to a bigger club you will claim it was because of good performance with National Team

I will not.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:48pm On Oct 16, 2019
airmark:

I will not.

Give us evidence that PSG bought him strictly because of his world cup performance
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 7:54pm On Oct 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

for players playing in the backwaters/unknown league's in europe,playing for your national helps give you more exposure...... especially if your national team is playing at the world cups or nations cup.
it's different if you're already playing in England,italy,germany,etc cos there is already coverage/exposure in those top league's so national team appearance doesn't weigh much
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kendrick93(m): 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

Give us evidence that PSG bought him strictly because of his world cup performance
I remembered he was quite a huge fan favourite at that world cup or at least I read something about that....Even the French president at the time was a huge fan of okocha too at that world cup
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
raumdeuter:

You are asking for evidence from 1998, when every sensible person that watched him in the tournament, could remember that PSG only showed interest after his great performances in the tournament.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:14pm On Oct 16, 2019
kendrick93:
for players playing in the backwaters/unknown league's in europe,playing for your national helps give you more exposure...... especially if your national team is playing at the world cups or nations cup.
it's different if you're already playing in England,italy,germany,etc cos there is already coverage/exposure in those top league's so national team appearance doesn't weigh much

There are several players in unknown league that National team has not helped. Omeruo was journeying all over Turkey and second rate clubs
I asked about these players like Etebo, Onazi, Musa and other Nigerian players that it hasn't helped them

airmark:

You are asking for evidence from 1998, when every sensible person that watched him in the tournament, could remember that PSG only showed interest after his great performances in the tournament.

I watched Okocha in 1998 and before 1998. I watched his Nigeria debut when he scored a free-kick . There is no evidence to show us that it was World cup performance that made PSG interested and pay

(1) (2) (3) ... (7882) (7883) (7884) (7885) (7886) (7887) (7888) ... (19420) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, Bluelines69, Omoluabi16(m), Tochex101(m), Realtord43, Amoto94(m), toluxe0075, reccy(m), Ijustwantto, WhoDeyHause, Roland17(m), fredoooooo, CentiLion(m), fyinka47(m), Unlimited22, AbokiWam and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.