Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10521527 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (19155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Cristalz(f): 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2012
FBS:
A player get 5 assists in 2 games and you are talking rubbish. lol
some people sef.
Basketball na football? SMH!

What's vexing you naw? lol. I was just going with A-40's comparison.

I'm not saying Hazard isn't Mr. Awesome; I'm saying y'all should not ignore the guy's flaw 'cos it was quite obvious 'n could come back to bite y'all in the butt.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:14pm On Aug 22, 2012
Cristalz:

What's vexing you naw? lol. I was just going with A-40's comparison.

I'm not saying Hazard isn't Mr. Awesome; I'm saying y'all should not ignore the guy's flaw 'cos it was quite obvious 'n could come back to bite y'all in the butt.
lol. you still not making sense. none at all.
ok he kicked the ball into row Z and Y. but still managed to make 5 assists (we've scored only 6 goals so far)! just how bad can you be? every player get him own flaw so bone that one. so far he is doing well. take it or shape out. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
chic2pimp:

Barring Injuries he has that award in the bag.
Early perhaps but from what I have seen thus far, he is in with a shout.

after 2 games?
can you remember a certain deco of chelsea also started with a bang in 08/09 season and we thought - what a signing?

there are too many artists in the league now - silva, nasri, cazorla, kagawa, hazard, oscar, ben arfa, etc. the performance that counts is the one around december and january - when the votes are casted! damn too early to name anyone player of the season after 2 games!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 10:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
one lady and gentlemen,
permit me to congratulate reading for their fighting spirit. for their efforts in bringing down the name we built for many years.
then i ask, did reading not watch barca vs chelsea? are they not aware that we are the king of counter attacks?
anyways, chelsea did not play a defensive football today. we played a beautiful football with result.
RDM made my day with his changes and i salute his calmness.
chelsea all the way.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
Anyways, compliments to Reading. They sure played us wella.

Goodnight folks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Cristalz(f): 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2012
FBS:
lol. you still not making sense. none at all.
ok he kicked the ball into row Z and Y. but still managed to make 5 assists (we've scored only 6 goals so far)! just how bad can you be? every player get him own flaw so bone that one. so far he is doing well. take it or shape out. grin

Some flaws carry more weight than others.
But hey, if you say squandering 5 good chances fits right in with his 5 assists, who am I to argue? cheesy

Hazard is the best ever!! cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mikuz(m): 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2012
A coach who direly needs a goal and still afford to leave Mikel on the pitch should be shot from close range. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:23pm On Aug 22, 2012
Granular analysis by Criz but as you accept, his overall contribution made up for the chances he blew.
For that last goal, 8 out of 10 players with that pace will not pass the ball.

One has got to love him for that single move. Fast looking like £32m well spent.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dayokanu(m): 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2012
nateevs: Granular analysis by Criz but as you accept, his overall contribution made up for the chances he blew.

One has got to love him for that single move. Fast looking like £32m well spent.

Surely Hazard has repaid in 2 games what Torres is struggling with in 2 seasons
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Cristalz(f): 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2012
nateevs: Granular analysis by Criz but as you accept, his overall contribution made up for the chances he blew.

*hands raised*
Okay. Won't say nothin' more. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
Cristalz:

LeBron doesn't miss like Hazard did....5 good balls into the stands, remember.

Not to rain on the Hazard parade, but I think it's kinda insincere the way his blurry goalscoring vision tonight is being conveniently swept under the rug.
Hahaha if I hear say LeBron no dey miss!! Its just this year that he made that big step! U need to see him last year

Don't remember him missing a clear chance on goal! A few scoffed shots,blocked ones too but hey The guy setup 3 goals. Let him live
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 10:40pm On Aug 22, 2012
550 appearances already. But it's not enough. Hope we'll watch you in Blue with your 1000 appearance.
CAPTAIN.LEADER.LEGEND >>> JOHN TERRY
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 10:48pm On Aug 22, 2012
coogar:

torres has done his job!
he's murdering reading with sharp movements and smart positioning!
his teammates just need to be selfless and bang - nando will flourish....

where's that fat ibime?

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
mehn. THe final goal.. Amazed Hazard didnt go for it himself. . .I wish Sturridge was like this. . .

Far from comfortable game. Quality opposition next in "Newcastle" . . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 10:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
Let's ride the Hazard bandwagon till the wheels fall off grin grin

Eden Hazard's Premier League games: 90 passes of 101 (89%), 41/47 attacking third passes, 3 asssists, 7 chances created, 2 penalties won
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisical(m): 12:22am On Aug 23, 2012
Great game,some enjoyable passing stuffs at times too.Mata surely enjoys playing with Hazard..they were delightful to watch.
I know he gets lots ot sticks but i felt Sturridge did quite well when he came on
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 8:14am On Aug 23, 2012
love the game because reading gave us a run for our(chelsea) money.
hazard ,what can i say ,too hazardous for reading..

we need pure team work ,unselfishness and better understanding within the players with that anybody could get a goal not just Torres only.

mata should stop wasting the ball ,he should give us assist like hazard..then we are a go.

if we are to play 4-3-3 oscar shuld come in place for mikel and DS for Ramirez.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 9:05am On Aug 23, 2012
dyabman: love the game because reading gave us a run for our(chelsea) money.
hazard ,what can i say ,too hazardous for reading..

we need pure team work ,unselfishness and better understanding within the players with that anybody could get a goal not just Torres only.

mata should stop wasting the ball ,he should give us assist like hazard..then we are a go.

if we are to play 4-3-3 oscar shuld come in place for mikel and DS for Ramirez.

replacing mikel yesterday was a tactical move. we were loosing and the only option was to sacrifice a defender for a more attack minded player and that paid off. they no born us well to approach newcastle without mikel unless he is injured.
under mourinho, wright philip once played 2 for us because we were loosing and mou had to throw in every attacker on the bench sacrificing defence because he that is on the ground needs fear no fall.
RDM made my day with his changes and hazard was too hazardous for reading. in hazard, i see iniester.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 23, 2012
Cristalz: @El Guapo
You're into doctoring posts now, huh. May the gods of NL forgive you. grin

Ma Pastor would tell me 'Son! You're Berra Off Modifying People's Life'

Jxt takin' the Ministry to the Permanent Site!
grin grin

chic2pimp: Eden Hazard....Early contender for the PFA Player of the Year Award

And Opta Stats would show you this already cool cool

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 23, 2012
Ibime: That goal was caused by terrys lack of pace. Soon as cashley was done by the one-two he shoulda been coming out to close but he was scared of getting skinned giving mcleary the space he needed

IB Dont u fink You're havin' yourself worked up Oflately bout Terry and Mikel's lack of pace?

Me really think lastnite the Defence line weren't at their best, losing balls at Deadzones and failing to cut out deadly through passes, they were jxt pants in the first half -- For some reasons am beginning to believe that Mikel needs some tutorials on the Course 'Defensive Midfield 101', dude is Jxt Erratic! angry

Jxt Like Dyabman and FBS would say 'The 3Points Matters Most'
cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
El Guapo:

IB Dont u fink You're havin' yourself worked up Oflately bout Terry and Mikel's lack of pace?

Me really think lastnite the Defence line weren't at their best, losing balls at Deadzones and failing to cut out deadly through passes, they were jxt pants in the first half -- For some reasons am beginning to believe that Mikel needs some tutorials on the Course 'Defensive Midfield 101', dude is Jxt Erratic! angry

Jxt Like Dyabman and FBS would say 'The 3Points Matters Most'
cheesy

I aint worked up about their lack of pace.

I like the two players, but attacking system doesnt suit them. They are only effective when closing down in small spaces.

The first goals yesterday was obviously Terry's fault as I pinpointed.

Like I said, mark my words. . . this system will not work with those two players. Maybe we can get by with one, but not both.

It doesnt matter if we have Pele or Garrincha. All these have been tried with AVB, Scolari and Ancelotti and Mikel and Terry's lack of pace always caused holes in the system. This is not a new issue. Its been ongoing for the last 4 years. You could see the confidence drain in the team as soon as Chelsea conceded yesterday. They were all too aware of their vulnerabilities over the years every time they take game to the opposition and get picked off in open spaces.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ibime:

I aint worked up about their lack of pace.

I like the two players, but attacking system doesnt suit them. They are only effective when closing down in small spaces.

The first goals yesterday was obviously Terry's fault as I pinpointed.

Like I said, mark my words. . . this system will not work with those two players. Maybe we can get by with one, but not both.

It doesnt matter if we have Pele or Garrincha. All these have been tried with AVB, Scolari and Ancelotti and Mikel and Terry's lack of pace always caused holes in the system. This is not a new issue. Its been ongoing for the last 4 years. You could see the confidence drain in the team as soon as Chelsea conceded yesterday. They were all too aware of their vulnerabilities over the years every time they take game to the opposition and get picked off in open spaces.

The two players in the defensive pivot should provide defensive cover for the defence.
That's why we are playing a 4-2-1-3 or 4-2-3-1 as the case may be.
This style is nothing like Carllotti or even Scolari ever tried. AVB did but that's not prmiarily what did not work, it was because he (AVB) loved to defend high up the pitch and that exposed our lack of pace in defence.

Lampard needs to embrace his new role and help to provide defensive cover rather than bombing forward time and again to get a goal.
It causes midfield and defensive imbalance. We cannot do away with Mikel and Terry because what JT lacks in pace, he provides in defensive positioning and organization, whereas Mikel provides the continuity in the passing flow even though his recovery is almost non-existent.

Like I say, we are not defending in high and medium blocks (in the words of AVB) so pace never becomes a problem.
Pace only becomes a problem when the first defensive shield is out of order. I always expect the back 6 to be more than capable of dealing with and kind of attack.

With the danger that Hazard, Ramires, Torres, Mata, Sturridge, Marin (maybe even Hulk or Moses) can provide on the counter, no team will attack us full on. Therefore there's less pressure.

Everyone just needs to know what they are doing and be disciplined at it and we'll be fine.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by 1025: 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
chelsea fans must learn to be patient with the team. this is just the beginning of the season and we have new players in the team of which every where in the world, they will need small time to gel. other teams are here to win after all man city had to bleed from their noses before winning Southampton. our own man u chop am for everton hand. we are yet to loose a game and here we are selecting some of our best players for execution.
are we expecting to ride over any team without a fight in epl? nooooooooooooo, the competition is high as most of the so-called small teams are even buying players of 10 million.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2012
nateevs:

The two players in the defensive pivot should provide defensive cover for the defence.
That's why we are playing a 4-2-1-3 or 4-2-3-1 as the case may be.
This style is nothing like Carllotti or even Scolari ever tried. AVB did but that's not prmiarily what did not work, it was because he (AVB) loved to defend high up the pitch.

Lampard needs to embrace his new role and help to provide defensive cover rather than bombing forward time and again to get a goal.
It causes midfield and defensive imbalance. We cannot do away with Mikel and Terry because what JT lacks in pace, he provides in defensive positioning and organization, whereas Mikel provides the continuity in the passing flow even though his recovery is almost non-existent.

Like I say, we are not defending in high and medium blocks (in the words of AVB) so pace never becomes a problem.
Pace only becomes a problem when the first defensive shield is out of order. I always expect the back 6 to be more than capable of dealing with and kind of attack.

With the danger that Hazard, Ramires, Torres, Mata, Sturridge, Marin (maybe even Hulk or Moses) can provide on the counter, no team will attack us full on. Therefore there's less pressure.

Everyone just needs to know what they are doing and be disciplined at it and we'll be fine.

I knew you would find anyway to drag Lamps into this!!

First of all lets clarify one human element - Lamps is 15 goals away from being Chelsea's all-time top-scorer to go with his all-time assist record, and he will pop in late runs to see if he can achieve that this season incase they dont give him new contract! Nigga is chasing History!!! cool

However, Lampard has been very well disciplined in that role, and does everything asked of him. With two pivots, one will always push forward to create a triangle with the top-4. Of course it would help if Lampard had the pace to bail Mikel out, but a straight foot-race is mostly the responsibility of the DM, however Lampard is still very much more mobile than Mikel and covers a lot that Mikel cannot reach. Not only is Mikel slow over long distances, he also has a lot of inertia, meaning it takes him time to get going. Lampard is much more agile over the short distance and closes many a-time whilst Mikel is still being sluggish to get there. That said, Lampard is still hungry to score, but he never vacates position recklessly. . at least it wont be considered reckless if Mikel was not such a snail. Lampard never goes forward leaving more than one midfielder behind for Mikel to deal with, but it still turns into a disaster because of Mikel's lack of pace.

Thats why I think likes of Nigel De Jong will be perfect panacea for Chelsea headache.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ibime:

I knew you would find anyway to drag Lamps into this!!

First of all lets clarify one human element - Lamps is 15 goals away from being Chelsea's all-time top-scorer to go with his all-time assist record, and he will pop in late runs to see if he can achieve that this season incase they dont give him new contract! Nigga is chasing History!!! cool

at least 30% of his goals are from penalty kicks, another 15% are from freekicks(direct or indirect)!!! he's currently the joint top goal scorer in the league by the virtue of having a free shot from 12 yards. lampard must be the bestest player on the planet - fuck zidane or xavi, lampard mauls them all!

However, Lampard has been very well disciplined in that role, and does everything asked of him.

mikel is chelsea's most consistent player. he is the most important player in the team and fans don't just understand what he brings to the table! his pass completion stats were decent, he has won all the tackles he has attempted and he even has few key passes despite his role as a defensive midfielder - he's disciplined enough to stay back and let fat frank roam forward but fat frank does not recover quickly enough and the opponents take advantage - its difficult for mikel alone patrol over 70 yards of space without a partner!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
Lamps is a hero and legend.

However, he needs to sit his ass down and play a holding role.
He lacks the pace to recover whenever he goes forward and these days his going forward is unproductive.

Gone are the days of scoring screamers from outside the box, Lamps should just be thankful he is English and is allowed to start.
The old man should sit his ass behind and assist the defence. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisical(m): 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
Confirmed Reports say Chelsea have a bid for Victor Moses accepted by Wigan.I guess the Chelsea web is awaiting all formalities to be concluded before announcing it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
Hey guapo what's the name of that app that gives you the opta stats. I need to download sharpish. Cougar was trying to use that app to gain advantage on me in fpl last season but ma superior footie instincts won the day. NBA biko code me in sharpish.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 8:42pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ibime: Hey guapo what's the name of that app that gives you the opta stats. I need to download sharpish. Cougar was trying to use that app to gain advantage on me in fpl last season but ma superior footie instincts won the day. NBA biko code me in sharpish.

don't worry about that app - its for the elite....it's not sold in the open market! only the top footie acolytes have them. michael cox(zonal marking) sent 2 to nairaland sports last season - only coogar and nateevs were deemed the deserved recipients! this is why the analyses we provide on this section is peerless!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ritchboy(m): 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
coogar:

don't worry about that app - its for the elite....it's not sold in the open market! only the top footie acolytes have them. michael cox(zonal marking) sent 2 to nairaland sports last season - only coogar and nateevs were deemed the deserved recipients! this is why the analyses we provide on this section is senseless!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by debosky(m): 9:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
Ibime: Hey guapo what's the name of that app that gives you the opta stats. I need to download sharpish. Cougar was trying to use that app to gain advantage on me in fpl last season but ma superior footie instincts won the day. NBA biko code me in sharpish.

http://www.eplindex.com/

You may need to subscribe to get access to the stats wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
Moses,Marin,Mata,Oscar,Hazard,Sturridge in the space of two summers! Chelsea aint bullshitting tho! You guys might actually become fun to watch cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (19155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: afrodoc2 and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.