Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10526103 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8462) (8463) (8464) (8465) (8466) (8467) (8468) ... (19166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 7:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
raumdeuter:

Does winning a world cup as the best defender in the final mean anything? Does winning the CL as one of the best defenders on the field mean anything?

Does being a starting defender for one of Europe top clubs for almost a decade mean anything?

No it doesn't only your opinion means something

Who gave him the bolded award? I dont think he deserve it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
sod09:
Madrid v city head to head
battle of he BALDstard
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
airmark:

Unexpectedly, you got this.

Mount was in similar situation in the second half too. He didn't screen the ball well, something experienced attacker would have done. Hazard did something like that to Coquelin, on his way to scoring that sensational goal against Arsenal.
you have forgotten the one he did to Phil Jones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2020
CapitalCee:
Who gave him the bolded award? I dont think he deserve it

People who watched those finals acknowledged that fact.

Jérôme Boateng 9

Made a vital clearance after a surging run from Messi and was always quick to snuff out danger. Quick, calm and authoritative, his displays in Brazil have been a revelation and he was man of the match
Jérôme Boateng was man of the match
, Lionel Messi menaced the German defence and Philipp Lahm ran riot
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/13/germany-argentina-brazil-2014-worlds-cup-final-player-ratings

for Germany there was Jérôme Boateng and Philipp Lahm – as they thwarted attack after attack
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10964539/World-Cup-2014-Bastian-Schweinsteiger-drives-Germany-to-victory-in-enthralling-final.html

Jerome Boateng (Defender) - 9

Jerome Boateng
Got better as the match progressed. Made a number of important tackles and clearances after initially being troubled by the pace of the Argentine counter-attacks. The Bayern centre-back was dominant and was Germany's star performer. Man of the match.

Rio Ferdinand's view: "Boateng was immense today."
http://www.bbc.com.b.tldw.me/sport/football/28286068

This is how to boss a world cup final

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 8:09pm On Feb 26, 2020
As in....How did Barkley become Lampards favorite?

The thing tire me. William was on the bench and that stupid Barkley was in the pitch?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 8:25pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lewandowski out for second leg. All hope is not lost
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
chic2pimp:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Watch how they will all rush out if Madrid should beat City today

But for the past few hours, we have been begging them to come out dickkz sef no gree

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 8:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
airmark:

A spoilt clock gets it right, sometimes.
at least twice everyday
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 8:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
raumdeuter:

People who watched those finals acknowledged that fact.

Jérôme Boateng 9

Made a vital clearance after a surging run from Messi and was always quick to snuff out danger. Quick, calm and authoritative, his displays in Brazil have been a revelation and he was man of the match
Jérôme Boateng was man of the match
, Lionel Messi menaced the German defence and Philipp Lahm ran riot
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/13/germany-argentina-brazil-2014-worlds-cup-final-player-ratings

for Germany there was Jérôme Boateng and Philipp Lahm – as they thwarted attack after attack
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10964539/World-Cup-2014-Bastian-Schweinsteiger-drives-Germany-to-victory-in-enthralling-final.html

Jerome Boateng (Defender) - 9

Jerome Boateng
Got better as the match progressed. Made a number of important tackles and clearances after initially being troubled by the pace of the Argentine counter-attacks. The Bayern centre-back was dominant and was Germany's star performer. Man of the match.

Rio Ferdinand's view: "Boateng was immense today."
http://www.bbc.com.b.tldw.me/sport/football/28286068

This is how to boss a world cup final

These are just sports papers, not officially from FIFA. These papers that rate nonsense and people have to complain about some of their ratings, most times their ratings are click bait. FIFA did not nominate boateng as the best defender but some bias newspapers
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by postdigger(m): 8:46pm On Feb 26, 2020
Weedtaker if u like go on vacation I'll be waiting for u. We die here
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 8:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
Emaprince:
As in....How did Barkley become Lampards favorite?

The thing tire me. William was on the bench and that stupid Barkley was in the pitch?

The Barkley matter tire me. After that first half, Barkley had no business coming out for the second half...

Now they've made him the poster boy for our weekend game, I won't be surprised if he starts the next match sad

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2020
A40:
Lewandowski out for second leg. All hope is not lost
not for D's current Chelsea team....All hope was lost after d 3-0 home defeat
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
raumdeuter:

Watch how they will all rush out if Madrid should beat City today

But for the past few hours, we have been begging them to come out dickkz sef no gree
I would be surprised if Manchester City don't beat Madrid.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
Greatihex:
I would be surprised if Manchester City don't beat Madrid.

Apari benched Aguero, Fernadinho and Sterling.... I hope he won't regret this decision.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
CapitalCee:

ir ratings, most times their ratings are click bait. FIFA did not nominate boateng as the best defender but some bias newspapers

These are ratings by sport analysts and ex footballers

One of them is Rio Ferdinand, I think he should know some things about being a defender
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
Pep the inventor of football, is parking the bus.

If they told me I won't believe.

I saw Jesus playing left strikeback just now shocked

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
Jesus is just not clinical mehn

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
City players no wan come out cheesy

Wondafu

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
Is Pep begging his players to come out?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 9:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
nihilistjnr:
Jesus is just not clinical mehn

That chance na Aguero bread and tea.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2020
See benzema and vinicius grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
Mendy of City wore akpola shoe to the pitch today

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2020
Skimpledawg:
Mendy of City wore akpola shoe to the pitch today

Madrid will beat them. Pep always makes the same mistakes in UCL knockout rounds- he’s conservative in his approach in the first leg away from home.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
Did Benz just punch his teammate?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:48pm On Feb 26, 2020
Oh well. We sold Courtois to buy Kepa

Wondafu
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by obainojazz(m): 9:48pm On Feb 26, 2020
Still wondering what made Juve sign Sarri

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:49pm On Feb 26, 2020
Leyqute:

Madrid will beat them. Pep always makes the same mistakes in UCL knockout rounds- he’s conservative in his approach in the first leg away from home.
What pattern should Pep have employed from the start?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by StrikeBack(m): 9:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
nihilistjnr:
Pep the inventor of football, is parking the bus.

If they told me I won't believe.

I saw Jesus playing left strikeback just now shocked
stop mentioning me oooo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
Skimpledawg:

What pattern should Pep have employed from the start?

A less conservative approach?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 10:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
StrikeBack:
stop mentioning me oooo

We invented the phrase a full year before you opened this account.

If anything, we should be writing you a cease and desist letter

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:05pm On Feb 26, 2020
Leyqute:

A less conservative approach?
Don't agree with you man.

This approach for now is the best he can employ.

RM is a fast attacking side and wont hesitate to use up spaces. So far, City has been able to contain them and need one or two chances to kill off this game.

The game is an open one
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 10:08pm On Feb 26, 2020
Leyqute, saw that City counter Mahrez just wasted?

City can hurt RM this way

(1) (2) (3) ... (8462) (8463) (8464) (8465) (8466) (8467) (8468) ... (19166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amigoss, iykmora(m), PendragonVII and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.