Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10686052 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8494) (8495) (8496) (8497) (8498) (8499) (8500) ... (19347) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LegoxMetahuman: 1:44pm On Mar 07, 2020
ake choi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LegoxMetahuman: 1:44pm On Mar 07, 2020
rationalmind:

I hope those guys won't bottle the league title
naaaa.

not gonna happen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2020
LegoxMetahuman:
boom shalaka

i hope bournemoth can end their home unbeaten run today

grin

Eruditor will be happy.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LegoxMetahuman: 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
airmark:

grin

Eruditor will be happy.
grin grin grin

and liverpool scored grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LegoxMetahuman: 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
simpson werey grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pharod(m): 1:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
Eruditor:

What standing position is this? At ease or at attention?

At relaxed mind.. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
Kendrick93 shey na Lovren we go blame today
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LegoxMetahuman: 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2020
captain mane
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2020
raumdeuter:
Kendrick93 shey na Lovren we go blame today

LiVARpool is to be blamed. It was a clear push on Gomez but ref did not blow because Gomez did not fall

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:13pm On Mar 07, 2020
LegoxMetahuman:
grin grin grin

and liverpool scored grin

Eruditor's hand will be vibrating by now. grin

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 2:14pm On Mar 07, 2020
Do we have a buy back option for Ake?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
Kimbeast:

We had. I think it expired during the Jan transfer window
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 2:50pm On Mar 07, 2020
WTF... Milner shocked

How did that not go in?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 2:51pm On Mar 07, 2020
sinizia:

From what I've read from last page to your post, Airmark is not wrong. See, what Airmark is saying is that when your height is measured in a STRAIGHT POSITION (which is the official and universally accepted way), raising one leg won't add or even reduce your height. No expert takes your height measurement while you're standing at akimbo or with some angles between your legs.

When your two legs are closed and are straight and your height is taken, raising one leg up doesn't alter it. It's when you're at akimbo like the diagram Ibime posted, that your height increases when you stand on one leg coz you'd be forced to stand erect. It's just common sense.

To confirm this, walk into a hospital near you and tell them you want to measure your height. The expert will tell you to stand beside the measuring equipment. Now, consciously part your legs a bit and you'd see that the next thing he or she would tell you is to close your legs together and face front without looking down. These measures are to eliminate any factor that will reduce your actual height. After taking your height measurement, raise one leg up and no inch will be added to the new measurement.

The pictures of the players posted while they were standing at ease won't tell you the full picture unless the disparity in their heights are much.

So where did anybody say that the official position for measuring height is when someone is at akimbo?

So who was more at ease in the picture (I uploaded) and yet still taller? I just want to check something.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 2:52pm On Mar 07, 2020
Expert17:

All this ur explanation won't make Oliver giroud to be taller than Cahill....

Don't allow them use turning stick on you,.

I wida.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2020
sinizia:

Whether Giroud is taller than Cahill is none of my business. I didn't confirm that either. I'm only saying when your height is measured in a straight position with your legs clasped together, raising one leg up won't another inch to your position. That's my stance.

At this juncture, your opinion is summarily useless.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 2:55pm On Mar 07, 2020
Expert17:

Try it agn.... A change will occur, human body is built to be balance with both legs, tempering with the equilibrium, by raising one leg, will immediately Lead to slight change in height.

Someone who is already arguing that he does not care about where the argument stemmed from is blowing hot air.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 2:56pm On Mar 07, 2020
sinizia:

So, assuming you're 150cm, on raising your one leg, you'd become 151cm or what?

Why don't you walk into a hospital and measure your height when you're standing straight and when you've raised your leg, let's see the number of inches raising your leg added to your height then.

LOL
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
It will be a shame of Ake don't go to Euros.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2020
Expert17:

The change is minimal.
It's something that s simple.. Pure physics

That's the mistake you are making, ..when measuring height, after 150cm is not 151cm, you still have 150.1cm, 150.2cm etc

I did not see this in time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ibime:

But in the picture the original argument stemmed from the difference would be significant to the naked eye.

I rest my case.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
Eruditor:

I did not see this in time.

We have to show them the way.. It's left for them to follow. wink

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:14pm On Mar 07, 2020
sinizia:

From what I've read from last page to your post, Airmark is not wrong. See, what Airmark is saying is that when your height is measured in a STRAIGHT POSITION (which is the official and universally accepted way), raising one leg won't add or even reduce your height. No expert takes your height measurement while you're standing at akimbo or with some angles between your legs.

When your two legs are closed and are straight and your height is taken, raising one leg up doesn't alter it. It's when you're at akimbo like the diagram Ibime posted, that your height increases when you stand on one leg coz you'd be forced to stand erect. It's just common sense.

To confirm this, walk into a hospital near you and tell them you want to measure your height. The expert will tell you to stand beside the measuring equipment. Now, consciously part your legs a bit and you'd see that the next thing he or she would tell you is to close your legs together and face front without looking down. These measures are to eliminate any factor that will reduce your actual height. After taking your height measurement, raise one leg up and no inch will be added to the new measurement.

The pictures of the players posted while they were standing at ease won't tell you the full picture unless the disparity in their heights are much.
you know, because it is airmark, some will want to be against him, so that they don't get associated with the "citadel" thing.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2020
Ibime:

We are all saying the same thing but to be sure, two feet down can never achieve the same perfectness of right-angle as one foot down, although you may not be able to note the difference without accurate measuring tools.

If your leg is exactly 1 metre long from your groin to heel, every degree you deviate from forming a perfect right angle with the ground will remove 1.7 centimeters from your height (sine of 1 degree multiplied by 1 metre).

But don't forget though that the argument started from a picture comparing two players - one standing on one leg, and the other standing at ease.

In summary, closing your feet helps to get closer to a right angle but not as perfectly as standing on one foot. Both arguing parties have come to the same conclusion but na stronghead make argument continue when they both agree.
The conclusion of all these is this: if in any way VVD is taller than Giroud, the difference will be very insignificant that there shouldn't be any case if Giroud out jumps VVD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:30pm On Mar 07, 2020
Kimbeast:

rationalmind:

We had. I think it expired during the Jan transfer window

It doesn't matter. The buyback was £40m and after they relegate, they will sell him for no more than that, probably even less.

They are already in relegation zone with no small teams left to play.

There are good players to pick from Bournemouth this summer, walahi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
I can't still make out how Norwich won the championship last season yet they are 19points behind Sheffield United. How is that even possible?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
Eruditor:

So where did anybody say that the official position for measuring height is when someone is at akimbo?

So who was more at ease in the picture (I uploaded) and yet still taller? I just want to check something.

I don't know the origin of the argument (I stated that ab initio), neither do I know who's taller between Cahill and Giroud. I'm just concurring with Airmark's position that when one's height is measured in the straight position with both legs firmly closed together, when such a person raises one of legs from that exact position, his height won't increase. The leg he's standing on must be flatly placed on the floor and not lifted from the floor.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
sinizia:

I don't know the origin of the argument (I stated that ab initio), neither do I know who's taller between Cahill and Giroud. I'm just concurring with Airmark's position that when one's height is measured in the straight position with both legs firmly closed together, when such a person raises one of legs from that exact position, his height won't increase. The leg he's standing on must be flatly placed on the floor and not lifted from the floor.
go and check the picture airmark brought showing Giroud been taller than Cahill, you will see Giroud standing on one foot which made him a bit taller, compare it with pictures where both are standing relaxed. You will see Cahill is been taller.

That is where the argument came from

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2020
lordfalcao:
go and check the picture airmark brought showing Giroud been taller than Cahill, you will see Giroud standing on one foot which made him a bit taller, compare it with pictures where both are standing relaxed. You will see Cahill is been taller.

This word sound familiar cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 3:55pm On Mar 07, 2020
Greatihex:
you know, because it is airmark, some will want to be against him, so that they don't get associated with the "citadel" thing.

All those citadel nonsense, i don't even care. Nobody should just talk nonsense and think we should just accept without thorough look.

That's how the same eruditor claimed "tallness is a talent", and we should accept because he could type 1000 words per minute. He was subsequently disgraced.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
lordfalcao:

Thank God you accepted that Giroud was taller in the picture, but you lied that i claimed that Giroud was taller than Cahill. Quote anywhere i typed that, you bloody liar.

Even in the said picture Cahill was also standing on a leg. His two legs were not flatly on the ground.

There's no convincing proof that Cahill is taller than Giroud. That's the point.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Eruditor: 4:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
sinizia:

I know you mean well but it is better you observed the discussion from where it stemmed from. It will help you understand how to come in.

You see all that akimbo and alert. It was a ploy to divert the argument. Same goes with accurate measurement of height and how your legs apart won't give an accurate measurement of one's height. Nobody was discussing it all.

But even if Courtois opens his leg, he will still be taller than Kante. I don't need to know he is 6'6" or not. In the same way, I was trying to prove that Cahill is taller than Giroud to prove that VVD is indeed taller than 6'3" Giroud.

Because I did not have a huge trove of pics to prove it. I brought up other 6'3" people of different variations (anyone 190-192 cm is regarded as 6'3" although some are weak and some strong) to show that in pictures VVD looks ~ 2 inches taller than them. Alison Becker, Klopp for example.

I also brought the fact that Matip who many list as 6'5" is not taller than VVD in most of their pictures. Then finally, Fraser Forster who is listed as 6'7" looks maximum of 2 inches taller than VVD.

You can tell that I am trying to argue that VVD is a very strong 6'4" (194.5 cm) or a weak to average 6'5" (196cm) guy.

Now tie that with Pogba, Cahill who are strong 6'3" s. And see that both Pogba (in many pictures) and Cahill (one good pic we have + CFC fan link) are taller than Giroud. So we can conclude that if VVD is taller than other 6'3" people, he will be taller than Giroud with about the same 2inches. That is how to analyze.

The funny people (there are actually just 2 of them) who want to argue rubbish using CFC website. Side-stepped the fact that the same website said Giroud was taller than Tammy Abraham. Because that website is probably reporting a measurement that was taken when Tammy was 16-18. Tottenham Website said Eriksen was 6'0" (weak one - 182cm) but the player himself said on a Danish TV show that he is 178 cm.

Tammy Abraham is an average 6'5" or at his minimum, a a weak one (he is clearly taller than Rudiger, Zouma etc.) And both Rudiger and Zouma are listed as the same 190cm that CFC website gave Tammy. That should tell you one thing, if nothing else...the website cannot be trusted.

My final word.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8494) (8495) (8496) (8497) (8498) (8499) (8500) ... (19347) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sulele04(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.