Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,114 members, 7,849,487 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:26 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10684334 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8544) (8545) (8546) (8547) (8548) (8549) (8550) ... (19347) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:56am On Mar 18, 2020
Saw this interesting comparison,just had to bring it here..guess its safe to say AWB is the best defensively,TAA wins offensively,but James is the most balanced and versatile.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DeadPresidents: 9:32am On Mar 18, 2020
BlueMann:
Saw this interesting comparison,just had to bring it here..guess its safe to say AWB is the best defensively,TAA wins offensively,but James is the most balanced and versatile.

Not objective at all.

The statistical model used actually penalises players that have played more minutes than others (which I think is not the most objective way to look at things)

The drop off in minutes played is considerable.

Take a look.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:38am On Mar 18, 2020
Guys see this. We are in deep mess in Naija...

http://newswirengr.com/2020/03/17/the-full-story-of-nigerias-unfolding-coronavirus-scandal/

Larride come and tell us how this Indian slipped through our airport.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2020
Ibime:
I've been ordered to work from home from tomorrow indefinitely.

So I'll start my day with a beer before I open my laptop cheesy

That's the standard rule everywhere now. We've been told to come in if you live within a 5-15 minutes walking distance(pretty much no one as those that live close to work are saying they have old/vulnerable relatives they have to attend to) whilst those that have to use Public transport have been told to stay at Home.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:57am On Mar 18, 2020
timbros:

http://newswirengr.com/2020/03/17/the-full-story-of-nigerias-unfolding-coronavirus-scandal/

Another one , the woman from Enugu died a day after testing negative. It may not be the virus and could be

https://www.nairaland.com/5741691/woman-tested-negative-coronavirus-enugu
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 10:07am On Mar 18, 2020
What is wrong with people flying from one country to another in this time of crisis angry angry. All flights worldwide should be grounded for the foreseeable future.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 18, 2020
BlueMann:

Alex Arnold is a better all round player.
If James can improve on his defensive duties ,he will be on the level Trent Arnold is now in 2 years.
I like the way he send crosses to the box.
You never can tell how good he would become
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 10:59am On Mar 18, 2020
Monkeyprick:

If James can improve on his defensive duties ,he will be on the level Trent Arnold is now in 2 years.
Reeces James is already a better defender than TAA

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:00am On Mar 18, 2020
DeadPresidents:

Not objective at all.

The statistical model used actually penalises players that have played more minutes than others (which I think is not the most objective way to look at things)

The drop off in minutes played is considerable.

Take a look.

Yeah I see that,but I think it is to an extent,a reflection of their orientations or style.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 11:05am On Mar 18, 2020
BlueMann:

Compare their appearance/ minutes played, ......before mentioning James beside them...

If AWB or TAA move to chelsea, Azpiculeta will have to retire
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 11:05am On Mar 18, 2020
Monkeyprick:

And he's certainly gonna improve. But if I were an attacker,I wouldn't relish the prospect of facing James as much as I would facing TAA. James is to me,better defensively.
AWB beats James in defence but TAA doesn't. TAA edges James in offence but AWB doesn't. Thats why I feel he is more balanced than any of the others.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:08am On Mar 18, 2020
Ibime:
Australia bans all travel indefinitely

Afrodoc cannot go home

I'm praying to God that Buhari does not ban travel from Naija till weekend.
Ooin I say ooin tongue
Day your lane for now

https://www.nairaland.com/5742063/fg-issues-travel-ban-13

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 11:08am On Mar 18, 2020
Expert17:

Compare their appearance/ minutes played, ......before mentioning James beside them...

If AWB or TAA move to chelsea, Azpiculeta will have to retire

U do realise this is his first season in the EPL, right?

He is not the finished product but he can only get better from wot he's shown so far.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:10am On Mar 18, 2020
chic2pimp:

That's the standard rule everywhere now. We've been told to come in if you live within a 5-15 minutes walking distance(pretty much no one as those that live close to work are saying they have old/vulnerable relatives they have to attend to) whilst those that have to use Public transport have been told to stay at Home.

I'm still going in tomorrow and once per week as there's parts of my role I can't do from home. My only advice to you is stayed logged on at all times. At the end of this period, companies will do redundancy culls and remote IT records may play a part in decision making.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 11:10am On Mar 18, 2020
thorrvik55:

U do realise this his first season in the EPL, right?

He is not the finished product but he can only get better from wot he's shown so far.

True.....
He will only get better.

Just like AWB is getting better with his attacking play, can't say that about TAA defensively

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:12am On Mar 18, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Ooin I say ooin tongue
Day your lane for now

https://www.nairaland.com/5742063/fg-issues-travel-ban-13

Thank God it's from Friday. My aunty is due to return to UK on Thursday. She extended her stay in Naija an extra month cos my grandma fell ill. Na so she for dey locked away from her husband who is 89 years old and just beat cancer if say the ban kept her in Naija

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:28am On Mar 18, 2020
Ibime:

Thank God it's from Friday. My aunty is due to return to UK on Thursday. She extended her stay in Naija an extra month cos my grandma fell ill. Na so she for dey locked away from her husband who is 89 years old and just beat cancer if say the ban kept her in Naija
Since she's going no problem, we don't want any incomings abeg grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 11:49am On Mar 18, 2020
timbros:

Lol you have already been vindicated.

Just die the matter because if it is apology or admission of being in the wrong that you are expecting from Larride you won’t get it o.

14 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Victornezzar: 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2020
afrodoc2:

Just die the matter because if it is apology or admission of being in the wrong that you are expecting from Larride you won’t get it o.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Larry wey be party man

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pharod(m): 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2020
afrodoc2:

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
6 more cases reported today.
From egungun be careful to E Dan happen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by elrony(m): 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
iamoyindamola:
6 more cases reported today.
From egungun be careful to E Dan happen

Add crude oil selling at $26 or less per barrel to the mix. I for prefer dey UK dey battle Corona instead. angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:22pm On Mar 18, 2020
elrony:

Add crude oil selling at $26 or less per barrel to the mix. I for prefer dey UK dey battle Corona instead. angry
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:27pm On Mar 18, 2020
elrony:

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
5 new cases sad...d officials just ain't serious.
Maybe they were waiting for it to baloon into a catastrophe before taking drastic measures. undecided
Flights from those countries should've been suspended since.
We've been lucky but we no gree use sense angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 1:53pm On Mar 18, 2020
afrodoc2:

Lol. Vindicated as how? Pls don’t conflate issue together. I’m sure you are better at comprehension and intrpretataion than what you are currently doing.

This was his post I responded to:

timbros:

I have this feeling that this virus is spreading undetected here in Naija.

How many of those passengers in the plane with the Italian have been tracked and tested?

Right now people could be coughing and sneezing (coronavirus symptoms) and still going about their daily activities attributing the sneeze and cough to dust in the environment.

Today makes it 21 days that the first case was confirmed.

Did NCDC traced everyone of the flight with the Italian? Yes
Did anyone else contacted the virus from the index case? Yes
Were his contact traced and monitored? Yes
Was there any other case apart from both of the case from the flight? No

Were the new cases confirmed from the Italian man flight? No
Was the Indian man from the same flight with the Italian? No
Did the Indian test positive? No

What exactly I’m I in the wrong for? Were the new cases related to the index case?

If you people want to gloat on the new confirmed cases, you guys can join hands together and sing kumbaya and leave my moniker out of it.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:00pm On Mar 18, 2020
thorrvik55:

U do realise this is his first season in the EPL, right?

Exactly. He's got mad potential. And the speed with which he transited from Championship level to elite level is superb. I just hope our forwards utilize his crosses more often.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:06pm On Mar 18, 2020
BlueMann:
5 new cases sad...d officials just ain't serious.
Maybe they were waiting for it to baloon into a catastrophe before taking drastic measures. undecided
Flights from those countries should've been suspended since.
We've been lucky but we no gree use sense angry
That's just it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 2:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
larride:

Lol. Vindicated as how? Pls don’t conflate issue together. I’m sure you are better at comprehension and intrpretataion than what you are currently doing.

This was his post I responded to:

Today makes it 21 days that the first case was confirmed.

Did NCDC traced everyone of the flight with the Italian? Yes
Did anyone else contacted the virus from the index case? Yes
Were his contact traced and monitored? Yes
Was there any other case apart from both of the case from the flight? No

Were the new cases confirmed from the Italian man flight? No
Was the Indian man from the same flight with the Italian? No
Did the Indian test positive? No

What exactly I’m I in the wrong for? Were the new cases related to the index case?

If you people want to gloat on the new confirmed cases, you guys can join hands together and sing kumbaya and leave my moniker out of it.

Thanks

Lol. If we don’t leave your moniker out of it what will you do?

FYI. Your moniker must join in the kumbaya choir. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 2:24pm On Mar 18, 2020
iamoyindamola:
That's just it
the weather is playing a big part in this country.
Why I know this is that Italian case.. by now lagos and Ogun cuuld have been a zombieland by now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2020
iamoyindamola:
Another one , the woman from Enugu died a day after testing negative. It may not be the virus and could be

https://www.nairaland.com/5741691/woman-tested-negative-coronavirus-enugu

She was stigmatized and neglected. She didn't die of the virus.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 3:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
Elnino4ladies:

She was stigmatized and neglected. She didn't die of the virus.
but something is not straight.

Shey she from uk come back? Atleast its assumed that atleast she suppose get that hands to atleast provide for herself some necessary basic amenities (maybe by her kids or whoever must be been sponsoring her flights and logistics).
How come she died like a chicken?

Where were his benefactors and benfactreses when these were playing out?

Some people dey carry their gen and fan go hospital.. not exempting the incompetence of the workers there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8544) (8545) (8546) (8547) (8548) (8549) (8550) ... (19347) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: airmark(m), youngZee23, humblesteve(m), Ibime(m), Realtord43 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.