Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10531570 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8653) (8654) (8655) (8656) (8657) (8658) (8659) ... (19166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 9:46am On Apr 11, 2020
Expert17:

So i should put Arsene Wenger's engine room (Viera) ahead of Fergie's engine room (Roy keane) ??

For now G.Neville is the no 1 at RB,....... ahead of Lee dixon then ivanovic.

No EPL best 11 without Paul scholes
Ogbeni, no need for all this shalaye. You're a Manchester United fan, your bias is expected.

That's why in a list like this I prefer to list Two or three credible players per position like afrodoc2 did.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:46am On Apr 11, 2020
Godx:

I was surprised the amount of people putting Keane over Vieira.

The only EPL trophy that Arsenal won over Manure in Keane's prime was in 2001. In 1998, Keane missed the whole season with injury.

Keane was a boss. They know him in Turin and SanSiro.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:47am On Apr 11, 2020
Unlimited22:
Lol. Manchester United fans will pick Schmeichel and Evra, and Chelsea fans will pick Cech and Cole.
Evra and Cole are debatable, very debatable, but here's why I think Cech just edges it.

I saw a post recently saying he faced 1250 shots or so, and conceded around 250 goals. Including his twilight years at Arsenal.
Holds the clean sheet record in the epl Era, both all time and in a season.

Conceded 15 Abi 19 goals in the entirety of one season in 2004/05.

Schmeichel is a beast, but based on these, Cech just edges it for me.

You should provide similar stats for Schmeichel. And then judge.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 9:48am On Apr 11, 2020
Ibime:

Scholes has never been a top 3 or sometimes top 5 player in his own team.

In mid 90s, Cantona, Giggs, Keane, Schmeichel were above him.

In late 90s, Keane, Beckham, Giggs, Yorke, Schmeichel were above him

In early 2000s, RVN, Giggs, Keane, Beckham were above him

Mid-late 2000s, Ronaldo, Giggs, Rooney, Vidic were above him.

You can't join EPL all-time 11, having not been the top 3 player for your team in any era.

All those players are not CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS...........that is what you face, if you play among stars

But he was among the 10 nominated for EPL player of the decade..........from 1992-2003.........

Also nominated among the 10 for EPL player best player from 1992-2013 (20 years anniversary)....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 9:49am On Apr 11, 2020
Leyqute:

You should provide similar stats for Schmeichel. And then judge.
You ignored the other criteria abi grin

Anyway the same post said he had the highest save percentage of keepers in the EPL era. I don't know how true, but it's up to you to disprove it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 9:50am On Apr 11, 2020
Unlimited22:
Lol. Manchester United fans will pick Schmeichel and Evra, and Chelsea fans will pick Cech and Cole.
Evra and Cole are debatable, very debatable, but here's why I think Cech just edges it.

I saw a post recently saying he faced 1250 shots or so, and conceded around 250 goals. Including his twilight years at Arsenal.
Holds the clean sheet record in the epl Era, both all time and in a season.

Conceded 15 Abi 19 goals in the entirety of one season in 2004/05.

Schmeichel is a beast, but based on these, Cech just edges it for me.

Cech over Schmeicel cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 9:51am On Apr 11, 2020
Unlimited22:

You ignored the other criteria abi grin

Anyway the same post said he had the highest save percentage of keepers in the EPL era. I don't know how true, but it's up to you to disprove it.

What I know of is his clean sheet record. I acknowledge that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:53am On Apr 11, 2020
Expert17:

All those players are not CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS...........that is what you face, if you play among stars

Lampard, Keane, Vieira and Gerrard are central midfielders and have always been top 3 players in their team, if not the top player for many seasons.

There is no way you sneak a Scholes who has never been a top 3 or top 5 player in his own team into an EPL 11. It is only longevity that is counting for him cos there is an element of carry-along in his career if he was never one of the top go-to guys in his own team in 20 years of playing football.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 9:53am On Apr 11, 2020
Leyqute:

That's why I mentioned all three. However, I also acknowledge that a credible case can be made for both, just like it can for Ashley Cole and Evra.

Just like Vieira, Scholes, Lampard, Keane and Gerrard are all worthy of a mention in the CM position. The differences are very small.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 9:59am On Apr 11, 2020
Ibime:

Lampard, Keane, Vieira and Gerrard are central midfielders and have always been top 3 players in their team, if not the top player for many seasons.

There is no way you sneak a Scholes who has never been a top 3 or top 5 player in his own team into an EPL 11. It is only longevity that is counting for him cos there is an element of carry-along in his career if he was never one of the top go-to guys in his own team in 20 years of playing football.

What i know is that...............no EPL best 11 without Paul Scholes

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jskelly11: 10:10am On Apr 11, 2020
Expert17:

For you oo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:15am On Apr 11, 2020
Expert17:

I Dan know this scholes dragging will end in tears, see as ibime embarrassed your legend.
Give a break you can't put scholes in best EPL 11 unless you want to remove Keane for him no problem.
Scholes should be in bench with Steven g grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 10:21am On Apr 11, 2020
Leyqute:

Respeck... cool

Some other scummies would attribute it to the Chelsea defence then and Mourinho's defensive taktiks.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MichaelBukamzy(m): 10:22am On Apr 11, 2020
iamoyindamola:

I Dan know this scholes dragging will end in tears, see as ibime embarrassed your legend.
Give a break you can't put scholes in best EPL 11 unless you want to remove Keane for him no problem.
EOD

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 10:26am On Apr 11, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Go and remove scholes from EPL official team of the decade(1992-2003) and EPL all time best 11 ( 1992-2013)..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:27am On Apr 11, 2020
Just so painful that nobody is mentioning Hazard’s name despite spending 7yrs in the league. embarassed

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 10:27am On Apr 11, 2020
thorrvik55:

Respeck... cool

Some other scummies would attribute it to the Chelsea defence then and Mourinho's defensive taktiks.

It also played a major role ............ remember wat happened at Arsenal cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:32am On Apr 11, 2020
Ibime:

They should manage it like that. I can't leave out those guys just to add Man Utd version of Azpilicueta

Lol Neville must enter. Longevity gives him the edge.
So that na why you remove Cashley? How can your cut off your nose to spite your face? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:33am On Apr 11, 2020
Expert17:

What I know is that in Scholes prime, we only talk of Keane vs Vieira.

And after they left, we only talked of Lampard vs Gerrard

Scholes has always been a 3rd wheel in midfield and a 5th or 6th wheel in any Manure team in any era

He is deserving of a place on the bench. Top player, but he has neither the statistical records, nor status in his own team to help his argument.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:35am On Apr 11, 2020
afrodoc2:

Lol Neville must enter. Longevity gives him the edge.
So that na why you remove Cashley? How can your cut off your nose to spite your face? cheesy

I have to remove Cashley if I remove Neville

Also I can't leave out any of Vidic, Adams or Terry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:37am On Apr 11, 2020
odizeey:
In my opinion, Ronaldo has to be included. Not only did he win the world best, he also won the premier league best twice. How many did his contenders win?

God bless you. That was why i wanted to know who and who godx wanted to put in his epl11.

Ronaldo's best 3yrs for Man utd in epl, was more outstanding than Schole's 19yrs. If Ronaldo won't make it, 60% of names people dropped shouldn't make it.

Now i could see the likes of expert and afrodoc changing positions after your post, after they had called hardeycute names for defending Ronaldo. '2face' people. grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 10:37am On Apr 11, 2020
Ibime:

What I know is that in Scholes prime, we only talk of Keane vs Vieira.

And after they left, we only talked of Lampard vs Gerrard

Scholes has always been a 3rd wheel in midfield and a 5th or 6th wheel in any Manure team in any era

He is deserving of a place on the bench. Top player, but he has neither the statistical records, nor status in his own team to help his argument.

To make it easy for you

Keane and Viera are defensive midfielders.

Lampard attacking midfielder

Scholes Central midfielder...... ( @45 years old, he will start at Chelsea right now) cheesy cheesy and please dnt make me pull out Scholes statistics and trophies

so no need to compare them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:37am On Apr 11, 2020
Ibime:

I have to remove Cashley if I remove Neville

Also I can't leave out any of Vidic, Adams or Terry

Okay. But that team no balance at all. Abeg put jara. Nobody go accept Ronaldo for wingback. Try find solution to it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 10:38am On Apr 11, 2020
Expert17:

To make it easy for you

Scholes Central midfielder...... ( @45 years old, he will start at Chelsea right now) cheesy cheesy

Vieira was not a defensive midfielder.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MichaelBukamzy(m): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2020
cech
ivanovic terry ferdinand evra
keane lampard scholes
ronaldo shearer thiery.
bench(aguero,vidic,ashley cole,giggs,schmeichel,vierra,D Bruyne,rooney) with a good coach,this team go kari league taya

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chrisus(m): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2020
Good morning my neighbors.

11 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2020
Expert17:

It also played a major role ............ remember wat happened at Arsenal cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Most scummies are scums...

Nothing new
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 10:39am On Apr 11, 2020
airmark:

God bless you. That was why i wanted to know who and who godx wanted to put in his epl11.

Ronaldo's best 3yrs for Man utd in epl, was more outstanding than Schole's 19yrs. If Ronaldo won't make it, 60% of names people dropped shouldn't make it.

Now i could see the likes of expert and afrodoc changing positions after your post, after they had called hardeycute names for defending Ronaldo. '2face' people. grin
I told you already if you can't name the Ronaldo exploits in the league that gives him a spot forget about it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:40am On Apr 11, 2020
airmark:

You are an illiterate. I criticized him for saying Fergie played Ronaldo out of position.

In my own list of contenders which i posted earlier Ronaldo was on it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:40am On Apr 11, 2020
Expert17:

To make it easy for you

Scholes Central midfielder...... ( @45 years old, he will start at Chelsea right now) cheesy cheesy and please dnt make me pull out Scholes statistics and trophies

Vieira was central midfielder oga.

Scholes was attacking midfielder for half his career

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 10:42am On Apr 11, 2020
Expert17:

To make it easy for you

Lemme help u out..

Paul Scholes -> 55 Premier League assists after 19 years of PL footie at a top club

Ur welcome

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 10:42am On Apr 11, 2020
If all you need is 2 and half season of playing good in England to be guaranteed a spot in an all time best Eleven then Salah and Suarez should be the first name on your teams.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8653) (8654) (8655) (8656) (8657) (8658) (8659) ... (19166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GuestReader88 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.