Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10509202 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8844) (8845) (8846) (8847) (8848) (8849) (8850) ... (19149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:32pm On May 13, 2020
madrid5:
just because object A(corruption) is also a problem doesnt mean object B(religion ) is not also a problem

I used to think you were a Muslim, there's this Madrid fan always on Islamic thread defending them. I thought it was you. grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 9:34pm On May 13, 2020
Swissh:

As if an atheist president will not steal billions of naira as well. Mumu people blaming their shortcomings on religion. People are stupid, people are selfish, people are Marlians .....It has nothing to do with religion.
It's really baffling. I need somebody to explain how normal human tendencies to always want more and live a comfortable life which leads to greed and corruption has anything to do with religion.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 9:39pm On May 13, 2020
gensteejay:

You're right about the highlighted. The foundation of Nigeria was poorly laid, and one Nigeria is a myth.

Even though the advocates of one Nigeria don't want a breakup, they can't waive aside the import of restructuring.

However, that requires a lot of political will. And Nigerians won't even vote for leaders that have the potential to achieve that once they don't run on the platform of either PDP or APC.

Most will simply support popular candidates with the largest money bags to spend, running on either of those main parties and pray to their god the (s)elected candidates get it right when they get to the helm.

But can mere prayers make an Ahmed Musa become a Messi?

Yes u are right that Nigerians may likely not support anybody that contests outside Apc or PDP. This has nothing to do with religion.

Politics is a game of numbers. Nobody wants to support a candidate is almost certain he's going to lose. So why waste the vote?

Do u know the reason why people like Sowore, Moghalu and the likes that want to form third force will continue to lose? It is because they do not understand Nigeria's politics is best played at the grassroot. You don't win elections via online poll or social media posts.

Since may 2019 when Buhari has been sworn in, what majority of those guys have been doing is criticizing, calling for a never-happening revolution and some just staying quiet for reasons best known to them. They have 4 good years ahead of them to prepare for an election and what Sowore has done is to get arrested, released, rearrested and released for the past one year.

For a serious third force their focus would've been to at least make sure they have presence in all the 774 local governments in Nigeria, hold ward meetings weekly, encourage their members to invite their friends and colleagues to join them as time goes on. That is how a party following is built at the grassroots. How do you think Apc keeps winning Lagos? I do see them in my area, the elderly ones and the younger generations holding ward meetings weekly. Do u know those Apc members have membership cards?

When people see them go to these ward meetings for complete 3 years, it builds a kind of image in the mind of the people that this is a serious party that means business. Not some young former SUG president chasing clout. This instills a certain confidence in the voting public and they will do away with the fear that their votes will be lost.

Honestly I like Sowore, dem Moghalu because on the surface they look like they mean well for the populace, but they still need to understand that the electioneering process doesn't start a year to general election. That is why PDP keeps losing in Lagos ; the people are yearning for a change of power, but PDP's presence in the localities is almost non existent prior to an election year

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 9:41pm On May 13, 2020
Leyqute:

Apart from that, those people had a general agreement on infrastructure, health, and other stuff that makes an economy tick irrespective of their background and ideologies.

Nigeria also has oil but the opposite is the reality. To us, oil was a curse, to them it was a blessing. Why?

Most of these nations have the Majority of their populace pulling in the same direction because of it's religious/ethnic make up unlike Nigeria that is hugely divided amongst Religious and Tribal lines.

I agree with though, Religion on it's own is not Nigeria's problem. It's a combination of Religion and other Factors like High levels of Illiteracy that is it's problem. It's a Nation full of Bigots.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 9:46pm On May 13, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Chai! It's still a win for him at the end of the day sef.

Obviously na that other guy just test the waters first. More like a forerunner for the big masquerade.

You are right.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kakakii: 9:49pm On May 13, 2020
My own opinion.

1. I don't think religion is only the problem in this country, it's just among the major problem we face as a country.

In the east, it's pretty common to see a Yoruba christian marrying an igbo christian especially people attending the Pentecostal church. You will however almost never see a Yoruba Muslim marrying an igbo christian one must convert for others for peace to reign. I personal believe religion is part of the problem in this country.

2. You can't put all the blame on the religion for being in existence, if we have a good leader and working economy people will have few reason to go to church or mosque , that's why any good thing you benefit as a citizen is considered a miracle.

Recently the Catholics asked the FG to use some of their churches as isolation centre. Had it been we have enough isolation centre would the government be at the mercy of the Catholics . I'm sure they will gain more followers for this deed

OYEDEPO has done few roads by himself, something that should be the government responsibility. Religion thrive where there is bad leadership. As long as we have bad leadership religion will continue to thrive ..

People needs hope and religion is giving it to them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by kakakii: 9:53pm On May 13, 2020
I also want to point out the fact that you don't believe in any religion doesn't make you an atheist.. Some people actually belief in God .. I have met some guys who actually believe that the foreign religion is not for us in Nigeria ( both Muslim and Christian )

It's also good to make an healthy argument without insulting one another personally. The purpose of argument sometimes is not to convince both parties ( it's actually impossible ), but to give onlookers the chance to weight the points raised by two parties and maybe decided.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 9:55pm On May 13, 2020
kakakii:
My own opinion.

1. I don't think religion is only the problem in this country, it's just among the major problem we face as a country.

In the east, it's pretty common to see a Yoruba christian marrying an igbo christian especially people attending the Pentecostal church. You will however almost never see a Yoruba Muslim marrying an igbo christian one must convert for others for peace to reign. I personal believe religion is part of the problem in this country.

2. You can't put all the blame on the religion for being in existence, if we have a good leader and working economy people will have few reason to go to church or mosque , that's why any good thing you benefit as a citizen is considered a miracle.

Recently the Catholics asked the FG to use some of their churches as isolation centre. Had it been we have enough isolation centre would the government be at the mercy of the Catholics . I'm sure they will gain more followers for this deed

OYEDEPO has done few roads by himself, something that should be the government responsibility. Religion thrive where there is bad leadership. As long as we have bad leadership religion will continue to thrive ..

People needs hope and religion is giving it to them
Religion itself has no hands in any problem in Nigeria. Use me and my religion Christianity as an example. I believe in God and my beliefs are set on not stealing, lying, commiting adultery, killing, bearing false witness and loving my neighbors as I love my self. If I obey those basic principles how is my faith a problem to Nigeria?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 9:57pm On May 13, 2020
donjazet:

While most of your postulations are accurate, there is still a point you have missed.
We are not just saying religion is a problem. But RELIGIOUS BIGOTRY is a large problem.

In Northern Nigeria, you cannot distinguish between religion and tradition because both have become intertwined to become their predominant culture.
Unlike the south where tradition and religion is still quite apart. But religion now takes forefront of people's mind.

For instance, if an igbo man marries a Yoruba girl, a few rural villagers will frown
it but will accept it, however if a Christian igbo marries an Islamic girl, it is instantly frowned upon and unacceptable by all and sundry. You become an island in your hometown.
That is religious bigotry laid bare.
Now this mentality is harboured and exhibited by our leaders since they are an extraction from the people.

I never said religious bigotry is not a problem, what I'm saying is Tribalism has always been the bigger problem going down memory lane to post independence era. Parties were formed across religious lines. AG was seen as a western party, NCNC was seen as being eastern Igbo-controlled etc. That is what translated till date to Apc being seen as Hausa-Yorùbá marriage kinda Party. Some eaterners would rather not vote than vote Apc. At least Buhari has had pastors as his vice thrice and nobody really cared vote for him. Now see how Àtiku got Eastern votes because he chose a son of the soil.

That has little or nothing to do with religion, it is tribal bigotry which we are all guilty of. It is what we were born into

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 10:03pm On May 13, 2020
Godx:

Religion itself has no hands in any problem in Nigeria. Use me and my religion Christianity as an example. I believe in God and my beliefs are set on not stealing, lying, commiting adultery, killing, bearing false witness and loving my neighbors as I love my self. If I obey those basic principles how is my faith a problem to Nigeria?

you can't use yourself, that's not being objective.. we have a lot of extremist in the country
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 10:03pm On May 13, 2020
Godx:

Most of them don't even understand the concept of religion so they can't answer.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:04pm On May 13, 2020
Critical thinker: Religion is the problem
Diggz: Proffer a solution
Critical Thinker: Let's start a revolution or migrate to a developed country
Me: Gifted Intellectual Fraud.

Politics and politicking is the major factor hampering our growth and development not religion as proclaimed by some. Religion doesn't stop one from building public infrastructure, paying workers their due, catering for the needs of the elderly and seek, having a strong security to ensure the safety of lives and property, dispensing justice without fear and favour, granting appointment to those who are duly qualified.

As for the one who said Saudi Arabia are rich because of pilgrims, how were they faring before the discovery of crude oil in huge quantity despite millions still observing pilgrimage? Government spending is almost equivalent or more than what they received from pilgrims, during pilgrimage pilgrims are giving gift items from food, books, and the electricity supply in the 2holy mosques alone is 18000megawatts, ambulances and helicopters are used to ensure the safety of lives and property. There are other spending which I failed to capture.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 10:05pm On May 13, 2020
Singapore1:

you can't use yourself, that's not being objective
I am open to other scenarios you can bring.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:06pm On May 13, 2020
odizeey:

cheesy
Them go shout Jesus

I'm only just getting the joke after your explanation cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:07pm On May 13, 2020
Godx:

A simple question for you. And I hope you will be honest.

Can you a Christian see yourself marrying a FERVENT Muslim girl.
Please also attach a reason to your answer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 10:12pm On May 13, 2020
donjazet:

A simple question for you. And I hope you will be honest.

Can you a Christian see yourself marrying a FERVENT Muslim girl.
Please also attach a reason to your answer.
The answer and the reason is in the post you quoted. "loving my neighbors as I love my self"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:13pm On May 13, 2020
Godx:

My first post on this issue answers your question.
donjazet:

Religion encourages discrimination ,fosters disunity which hinders growth and progress. Most wars in the world are rooted in religious beliefs and tribalism.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 10:15pm On May 13, 2020
donjazet:

My first post on this issue answers your question.
It doesn't even scratch the surface. This is my question
"I believe in God and my beliefs are set on not stealing, lying, commiting adultery, killing, bearing false witness and loving my neighbors as I love my self. If I obey those basic principles how is my faith a problem to Nigeria?" Provide an answer to that.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Singapore1(m): 10:17pm On May 13, 2020
i don't mind bundesliga at this stage

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:25pm On May 13, 2020
Godx:

The answer and the reason is in the post you quoted. "loving my neighbors as I love my self"

I have said it before that deriving your values from the Bible or any other holy book is actually dangerous because it is very much contradictory and you can justify any action you take with quotes or verses of the Holy book.

Now you are conveniently pointing out the good part that teaches you love.

What apart the part that condemns the unbelievers. Or the part that term people opposed to the religion to "die by fire".

What about the part of the hadith that encourages mass murder and promise of 72 virgins in "paradise".
In the end we gain our moral values IN SPITE of religion not because of religion.

A religious person will ALWAYS be suspicious of someone who doesn't share his same belief.
Nigerias problems hinge on both RELIGIOUS AND TRIBAL DIFFERENCES. this has been my point all along.
The two go hand in hand.

I chose to ask you about the inter religious marriage, because marriage is the ultimate social structure of unity. Any two people that can get married without any social problems indicate a healthy relationship between the two sides.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:26pm On May 13, 2020
Godx:

You kinda dodged the question? Can you marry a fervent Muslim?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:27pm On May 13, 2020
gensteejay:
And you see any sense in this? I should take responsibility for what exactly?

Take responsibility of your life and your environment to start with.

gensteejay:
Talking about going for posts, why don't you come back to Nigeria and join politics since you love taking responsibility so much?
Must a person join politics to contribute to nation-building?

Who asked you to go for a post? With all your noise making and critical thinking you still failed to get the message…lol. How else can you contribute to your nation if all you do is complain while those who are interest in politics run circles around you?

gensteejay:
All these things are simply too much for your IQ to process because your posts on this issue are bereft of any ideas showing you lack even the slightest understanding of the magnitude of the rot this country is in.
How do you expect my IQ to process your emptiness? The rot in Nigeria is well defined in people like you who’ve never lifted a finger to help the system.

People that are smart will have already seen that a number of factors such as religion, low literacy level, and tribalism work together to keep Nigeria in the doldrums.

This is part of the lies you keep telling yourself. You can’t be smart yet allow yourself to be played by the factors you’ve mentioned. Even the so-called illiterates are the people controlling things to some extent in your environment while politically lazy/dead youths like yourself continue to lament.

gensteejay:
But people like you can't even understand the root causes of the Nigerian problem. When you can't identify the problems, the solution will remain elusive.

Shut up you dimwit! You talk about the system like you understand how it works. What is the use of all the ancient history you’ve been wasting your time studying if you still don’t understand fundamentals of life? Where are the solutions you’ve proffered? You had your chance to shine earlier in the day but chose to run away when it became obvious that your conspiracies won’t bail you.

gensteejay:
All you simply do is put the blame on corrupt leaders as if they are aliens and are not drawn from the Nigerian people.

But the leaders are only a reflection of the people. And when the majority are mentally lazy folks that rely solely on praying to a god for the good things of life yet do next to nothing to make things better, then the few smart ones around will keep on leaving for saner climes.

The Nigerian problem is one of (warped) mentality, occasioned by superstitious religious beliefs and low literacy level.

You’ve succeeded in describing yourself and those in your circle. You are not interested in the politics (your environment), but you wish to go to saner climes where the citizens have thoroughly invested in the happenings around them?

gensteejay:
When most learn to focus less on the gods and God and prioritize science, education, and research, then Nigeria's rise to greatness will start.

Anyone with common sense would know that you can't place more value on religion (by littering all the streets with churches and mosques, wasting billions of naira yearly on pilgrimages to Israel and Saudi) and relegate youth education to the background, and yet you want a better Nigeria.

Yes, I agree with you. But how do you change this if all you do is lament on the pages of NL?

gensteejay:
Personally, I know of people that are planning to spend lots of funds on hajj but a number of their kids aren't doing well financially, and those funds could do a lot to ensure they're financially empowered.

The phrase, “Olohun a se e" (god will do it), is the common utterance this sort of parents make to escape looking at the issue critically.

I knew it… Why am I not surprised by this? Of course, the entitled mentally. Let the parents not spend their hard-earned money the way they desire because they’ve got grown kids waiting for their parent’s bailout funds. I won’t be surprised if this is you indirectly telling us your story or the reality you’ve been dealing with.

gensteejay:
Their priority is mainly on worshipping and pleasing their god to make heaven. Is it not more reasonable to create this heaven on earth?

If you’ve earned money, I believe it’s your right to determine where you want to create your heaven. You can even create it in your dreams ffs it’s your bloody money.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 10:29pm On May 13, 2020
donjazet:

I have said it before that deriving your values from the Bible or any other holy book is actually dangerous because it is very much contradictory and you can justify any action you take with quotes or verses of the Holy book.

What apart the part that condemns the unbelievers. Or the part that term people opposed to the religion to "die by fire".

What about the part of the hadith that encourages mass murder and promise of 72 virgins in "paradise".
In the end we gain our moral values IN SPITE of religion not because of religion.

A religious person will ALWAYS be suspicious of someone who doesn't share his same belief.
Nigerias problems hinge on both RELIGIOUS AND TRIBAL DIFFERENCES. this has been my point all along.
The two go hand in hand.

I chose to ask you about the inter religious marriage, because marriage is the ultimate social structure of unity. Any two people that can get married without any social problems indicate a healthy relationship between the two sides.
Still you haven't even said anything that comes close to what I asked. You are going round and round in circles. You said religion is the problem in Nigeria I said ok fine. Use my religion which is Christianity as a case study. "I believe in God and my beliefs are set on not stealing, lying, commiting adultery, killing, bearing false witness and loving my neighbors as I love my self. If I obey those basic principles how is my faith a problem to Nigeria?"

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:29pm On May 13, 2020
diggz:

You, gensteejay and madrid5 never start....lol. You people keep pointing your fingers in the wrong direction, blaming religion and other things while leaving yourselves out of it.

Simple question: which of you 'non-religious persons' is a card carrying party member?

cool

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:34pm On May 13, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Yes u are right that Nigerians may likely not support anybody that contests outside Apc or PDP. This has nothing to do with religion.

Politics is a game of numbers. Nobody wants to support a candidate is almost certain he's going to lose. So why waste the vote?

Do u know the reason why people like Sowore, Moghalu and the likes that want to form third force will continue to lose? It is because they do not understand Nigeria's politics is best played at the grassroot. You don't win elections via online poll or social media posts.

Since may 2019 when Buhari has been sworn in, what majority of those guys have been doing is criticizing, calling for a never-happening revolution and some just quite for reasons best known to them. They have 4 good years ahead of them to prepare for an election and what Sowore has done is to get arrested, released, rearrested and released for the past one year.

For a serious third force their focus would've been to at least make sure they have presence in all the 774 local governments in Nigeria, hold ward meetings weekly, encourage their members to invite their friends and colleagues to join them as time goes on. That is how a party following is built at the grassroots. How do you think Apc keeps winning Lagos? I do see them in my area, the elderly ones and the younger generations holding ward meetings weekly. Do u know those Apc members have membership cards?

When people see them go to these ward meetings for complete 3 years, it builds a kind of image in the mind of the people that this is a serious party that means business. Not some young former SUG president chasing clout. This instills a certain confidence in the voting public and they will do away with the fear that their votes will be lost.

Honestly I like Sowore, dem Moghalu because on the surface they look like they mean well for the populace, but they still need to understand that the electioneering process doesn't start a year to general election. That is why PDP keeps losing in Lagos ; the people are yearning for a change of power, but PDP's presence in the localities is almost non existent prior to an election year

You are wasting your time with this one. Person go siddon dey form critical thinker meanwhile all him reasoning na to confuse himself more. He can't even see beyond his nose.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 10:44pm On May 13, 2020
donjazet:

The two go hand in hand.

I grew up in Muslim-Christian home. My old man is a Muslim and my mum a Christian. Till date I've never seen my parents quarrel( I don't even mean fight, I mean quarrel).....They may have their differences which they sort out in the corner of their room, but we the children saw loving parents who married out of love and live their life by the happy choice they made.

I kid you Not, some inter-religious marriages are way solid than intra-religious ones. In fact, growing up in such homes makes one tolerant of other people's religious and non-religious views. I personally won't flare up and start calling people fooools and insult them as being not enlightened because of their religious views ( like some people do here on nairaland)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:47pm On May 13, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I grew up in Muslim-Christian home. My old man is a Muslim and my mum a Christian. Till date I've never seen my parents quarrel( I don't even mean fight, I mean quarrel).....They may have their differences which they sort out in the corner of their room, but we the children saw loving parents who married out of love and live their life by the happy choice they made.

I kid you Not, some inter-religious marriages are way solid than intra-religious ones. In fact, growing up in such homes makes one tolerant of other people's religious and non-religious views. I personally won't flare up and start calling people fooools and insult them as being not enlightened because of their religious views ( like some people do here on nairaland)

Mr critical thinker needs to learn from this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 10:47pm On May 13, 2020
Critical thinking without action. grin

Diggz I Dey gbadun you jare. Fire on.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:53pm On May 13, 2020
larride:
Critical thinking without action. grin

Diggz I Dey gbadun you jare. Fire on.

My guy you no see me see wahala. Ordinary to go vote na problem but you'd find them all over social media shouting upandan and forming rubbish. The youngest head of state was 31years yet these old men siddon for one corner dey deceive themselves say religion be their problem...lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:54pm On May 13, 2020
Griffon:

cool

lol..hafa bro?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8844) (8845) (8846) (8847) (8848) (8849) (8850) ... (19149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: PDPGuy and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.