Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,147 members, 7,867,336 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:07 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9087) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10762733 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9084) (9085) (9086) (9087) (9088) (9089) (9090) ... (19448) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
donjazet:

Haller hasn't really performed well at West Ham, furthermore, I doubt if he would want to come us knowing he is going to be a substitute.

Yea, mount and rlc obviously have the no10 role to themselves, it's jorginho that I'm worried about. He may not get enough playing time with kante fit.
I prefer mount and maybe Barkley or better still Pulisic who can also swap to either wings, swap to the right with ZIYECH and to the left with Werner or RLC who plays very well from the left
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ibime:

Haller is a perfect foil for Werner me thinks. His hold up play, intelligence and height will greatly complement Werner cutting in from the left wing. West Ham is a haphazard club and Hallers baby was born with breathing and other complications after he arrived there which he said made him drained and bereft of energy. I sense a good opportunity there especially as West Ham were interested in Batsman. I don't see Tammy having the hold up play to bring Werner in from the wing, and I don't want us to go into another season relying on Giroud for hold up play. I think Haller is a perfect complement for Werner as a starting 9 with Werner coming from the left wing. Werner has always struggled as a 9 so I don't think Haller will be on bench.
Oga Ibime you Sabi ball,Jovic benefitted from Haller holdup skill and Rebic too last season at Frankfurt, I believe Werner will profit from the partnership as he's more of a second striker than a pure centre forward. The jury is still out on Abraham though after two seasons and he failed to improve significantly he should be replaced

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ibime:

Haller is a perfect foil for Werner me thinks. His hold up play, intelligence and height will greatly complement Werner cutting in from the left wing. West Ham is a haphazard club and Hallers baby was born with breathing and other complications after he arrived there which he said made him drained and bereft of energy. I sense a good opportunity there especially as West Ham were interested in Batsman. I don't see Tammy having the hold up play to bring Werner in from the wing, and I don't want us to go into another season relying on Giroud for hold up play. I think Haller is a perfect complement for Werner as a starting 9 with Werner coming from the left wing. Werner has always struggled as a 9 so I don't think Haller will be on bench.
But we are yet to extend Abraham's deal and we gave Giroud an extension maybe next season probably then Haller would find his feet and be a baller.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
BikeMan:
Lampard better not experiment anything next season. Now that we have a proper striker, fvck Abraham.
Well I hope Werner would be a great 9 for us but if not he can play off Giroud or Abraham
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ibime:
Pedro and Willian seem to be leaving at end of June so as not to risk injury and jeopardise their chances of securing a new contract elsewhere.

So we will prosecute the season with just Pulisic and CHO as wingers. I guess Mount and Anjorin will have to back them up.

We need Spurs to beat Manure this weekend cos we still have City and Liverpool to play and they don't.

just Pulisic and CHO but we also RLC and Barkley to play LW, RW, AM right?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:14pm On Jun 18, 2020
BlueMann:
Its official: Werner is now a Chelsea player
He will join up after Leipzig's last two Bundesliga games, meaning he won't partake in their UCL campaign
Expecting Werner and Ziyech once the window is opened
my own is can they play for us before next season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
Segedinho:

I saw £47.5 for 5years deal...

And £170 per week

How true is this

the work of Marina
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
I'm guessing Werner will take Pedro's no.11 jersey
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2020
BlueMann:

If you would seriously disrespect N'golo Kante because of one off-day and one slip, then I have no words for you

Na the biggest game of his career he chose to have an off day? World cup final and that is your off day? So bad he was yanked out early
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Herbiedeen:

You mean the same Messi that made him eat grass

lol, even Hummels had a better tournament than Boateng

On the world cup final, the biggest game in football he topped all the Argentine attackers while Hummels was just strolling around

Below were posts from Nairalanders on the day of the final no one even mentioned Hummels

chic2pimp:
Anyone that calls the names Boateng and Luiz in the same sentence ever again will have me to answer to.

Dhelake:
Boateng And Neuer Deserves Two Medals Each

This is too cagey!

Boateng is just out of this world, MOTM performance from the ninja!

Go Die Maanschaft, we can do it!

chic2pimp:
MOTM......BOATENG AND BOSSTIAN!

Katsumoto:
Boateng is no passenger and he certainly was one of the best players at the WC.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Herbiedeen:

Best player on the pitch
who was the MOTM

Did you watch the final, Those who watched it

People who watched those finals acknowledged that fact.

Jérôme Boateng 9

Made a vital clearance after a surging run from Messi and was always quick to snuff out danger. Quick, calm and authoritative, his displays in Brazil have been a revelation and he was man of the match
Jérôme Boateng was man of the match
, Lionel Messi menaced the German defence and Philipp Lahm ran riot
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/13/germany-argentina-brazil-2014-worlds-cup-final-player-ratings

for Germany there was Jérôme Boateng and Philipp Lahm – as they thwarted attack after attack
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10964539/World-Cup-2014-Bastian-Schweinsteiger-drives-Germany-to-victory-in-enthralling-final.html

Jerome Boateng (Defender) - 9

Jerome Boateng
Got better as the match progressed. Made a number of important tackles and clearances after initially being troubled by the pace of the Argentine counter-attacks. The Bayern centre-back was dominant and was Germany's star performer. Man of the match.

Rio Ferdinand's view: "Boateng was immense today."
http://www.bbc.com.b.tldw.me/sport/football/28286068

This is how to boss a world cup final

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ibime:

Haller? Nah.

You're right in your analysis tho, but Abraham can develop those qualities. All they need do is develop a steady chemistry, and i think they'll be able to play well together.

Besides, Chelsea still have plans for Abraham.

Bringing in Haller would only contradict that further.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2020
BlueAngel444:
just Pulisic and CHO but we also RLC and Barkley to play LW, RW, AM right?

Mount can play LW pretty effectively so Pulisic, CHO and Mount for those positions
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 2:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

Did you watch the final, Those who watched it

People who watched those finals acknowledged that fact.

Jérôme Boateng 9

Made a vital clearance after a surging run from Messi and was always quick to snuff out danger. Quick, calm and authoritative, his displays in Brazil have been a revelation and he was man of the match
Jérôme Boateng was man of the match
, Lionel Messi menaced the German defence and Philipp Lahm ran riot
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/13/germany-argentina-brazil-2014-worlds-cup-final-player-ratings

for Germany there was Jérôme Boateng and Philipp Lahm – as they thwarted attack after attack
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10964539/World-Cup-2014-Bastian-Schweinsteiger-drives-Germany-to-victory-in-enthralling-final.html

Jerome Boateng (Defender) - 9

Jerome Boateng
Got better as the match progressed. Made a number of important tackles and clearances after initially being troubled by the pace of the Argentine counter-attacks. The Bayern centre-back was dominant and was Germany's star performer. Man of the match.

Rio Ferdinand's view: "Boateng was immense today."
http://www.bbc.com.b.tldw.me/sport/football/28286068

This is how to boss a world cup final

u no dey tire for this gif undecided

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2020
donjazet:

Are you saying we should sell Tammy? cheesy Because buying Haller will indicate that.

Tammy hold up play needs to fix up if he wants to keep his place. Right now, with the Werner goal factor from the wings, and him needing a good hold-up player to play off, I easily bench Tammy for Haller.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

Na the biggest game of his career he chose to have an off day? World cup final and that is your off day? So bad he was yanked out early
He had constipation before that final. You’re still analyzing football like a kid in 2020. The coach encouraged him to feature in that final, to show you how important he is to the team.

Someone his team mate composed a song for after the triumph is who you are trying to talk down.

14 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2020
seankafor:
u no dey tire for this gif undecided

That is evidence fr people who have short memories or didnt watch the world cup and only read about it online

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 2:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
Chelsea bought Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech for a combined fee of £78.6m.

Arsenal bought Nicolas Pepe and David Luiz for a combined fee of £80m

12 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
hensben:
He had constipation before that final. You’re still analyzing football like a kid in 2020. The coach encouraged him to feature in that final, to show you how important he is to the team.

Someone his team mate composed a song for after the triumph is who you are trying to talk down.

So no be by performance on the field again, Na by music wey dem compose for am? So he don dey engage ghost writers too

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2020
Real reason why Hushpuppi was arrested - Dubai police

On June 10, Popular Nigerian Instagram celebrity, Ray Hushpuppi was arrested in his Dubai apartment alongside some of his associates.

Well, the Dubai police have revealed the actual reason why the Instagram big boy, Hushpuppi was arrested.

Hushpuppi is being held by Dubai Police and not America’s FBI or Interpol as widely reported.

According to UAE’s online newspaper, The National the Nigerian alleged fraudster, Hushpuppi was arrested on multiple fraud charges, along with 12 other accomplices.

The paper also revealed his real name as Raymond Abbas and his real age as 38 years.

His case has been referred to the Dubai public prosecution and is currently being questioned by prosecutors at the Bur Dubai section, the paper reported.

“The prosecutors have charged him for “obtaining money from others through fraudulent means.”

According to UAE National, security officers in the emirate arrested Mr Abbas and 12 others for online fraud that targets companies and individuals.

“They would send out letters from email addresses almost identical to those of legitimate companies, targeting customers of these companies, with the purpose of diverting payments to themselves,” said a senior prosecutor, quoted by the paper.

“Initial information includes that he was part of this gang which fraudulently obtained cash and cars from people.

“His statement was taken by prosecution but this is just the beginning of prosecution investigations.”

The paper also reported that Raymond Abbas is wanted for fraud crimes in Europe, the United States and Nigeria.

Mr Abbas has over two million followers on Instagram. He is known for his display of wealth on social media.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jhakhash: 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
BlueAngel444:
yep nuts, king Julian nuts #madagascar

Leading health fitness power website based on product reviews
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
hensben:

This is how you shekpites keep shooting yourselves in the foot. Werner and Hakim have not even kicked a ball for chelshet and you are already making silly comparisons. We were here when Morata happened, we will be here when Werner and Ziyech happens. Keep giving us Posts to bookmark. grin

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2020
Wow

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 3:35pm On Jun 18, 2020
sylvalord:
This is how you shekpites keep shooting yourselves in the foot. Werner and Hakim have not even kicked a ball for chelshet and you are already making silly comparisons. We were here when Morata happened, we will be here when Werner and Ziyech happens. Keep giving us Posts to bookmark. grin
Let's not forget Captain Murica as well....Pulisic grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
sylvalord:
Luiz and Pepe have not been good for arsenal either. I’m talking about the price here so pipe down make u nor go get HBP on top Chelsea matter.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

So no be by performance on the field again, Na by music wey dem compose for am? So he don dey engage ghost writers too
Even while half fit his present was felt by the Croatian that day. His earlier yellow card in the game led to his substitution though got tactical reason.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 4:22pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ibime:

Don't discount RLC. Mount will take several seats if RLC can get his fitness and pressing up to Lamps standard

Also Werner will play from the wing I think.

Am I nüts or should Chelsea try to get Sebastian Haller from West Ham to complement him?

You're definitely nuts grin

Absolutely bonkers. The only person I would take from that sorry outfit is Antonio.

He can play anywhere, and any style from tikitaka to jambody.

With Villa undoubtedly going down now, I would rush McGinn.

And Ake from Bournemouth if they don't beat the drop.

I'm also vulture eying Sarr at Watford if they go down.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
Wow

Pedro better than Lewandowski Muller Kahn Hitler and General Von Bismarck

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:32pm On Jun 18, 2020
hensben:
Even while half fit his present was felt by the Croatian that day. His earlier yellow card in the game led to his substitution though got tactical reason.

Lucas Hernandez got a yellow in the fist half of that final and played the entire 90mins

Find another excuse

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:35pm On Jun 18, 2020
Ibime:

Mount can play LW pretty effectively so Pulisic, CHO and Mount for those positions
Mount is okay on the wings

I hope Lampard moves to a 4-2-3-1, which pushes kante to a deeper role and gives Mount his preferred number 10 role.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 4:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
hensben:

shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 4:43pm On Jun 18, 2020
hensben:

cc: Swissh tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (9084) (9085) (9086) (9087) (9088) (9089) (9090) ... (19448) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, afrodoc2, Trevor012(m), BlueRayDick and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.