Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10729401 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9325) (9326) (9327) (9328) (9329) (9330) (9331) ... (19393) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Oga there's no harm in arguing, this your post doesn't make a sense at all
Oga there is harm in meaningless and inconclusive arguments. What doesn’t make sense is constant arguing without ever reaching a conclusion. No one wants to ever admit to being wrong .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2020
raumdeuter:
The club president, journalists all over the world are hailing Benzema for being the one who delivered the title to Madrid

Could it be that Florentino Perez did not notice Cortouis Ramos Carvajal Casemiro Mendy and Varane?
Coaches, club owner, fellow players and journalist all over the world were all hailing Eden hazard in 2015 epl, 2016 euro, 2017 epl, 2018 World cup and 2019 for having great performances and contributing to medals and titles.

Could it be that your hate for a successful man did not allow you to see the truth in that?

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2020
simonjassy:
Since you are lumping all the defenders plus the gk into the 18 clean sheets nah.the 21 goals he cored,how many were non-assisted?

At least 5 people can lay claim to defensive performance of the team, how many players can lay claim to the offensive performance of Madrid
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EarlRagnar2(m): 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
sylvalord:
Oga there is harm in meaningless and inconclusive arguments. What doesn’t make sense is constant arguing without ever reaching a conclusion. No one wants to ever admit to being wrong .
Thank you for this, it's getting boring and stale same arguments everytime

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
Greatihex:
Coaches, club owner, fellow players and journalist all over the world were all hailing Eden hazard in 2015 epl, 2016 euro, 2017 epl, 2018 World cup and 2019 for having great performances and contributing to medals and titles.

Could it be that your hate for a successful man did not allow you to see the truth in that?

We have been asking for Hazards output since all you can show us is 4 CL goals from open play while Benzema is the 3rd all-time top scorers

Like I told you, you like comparing apples to oranges
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
simonjassy:
The real problem here is the attacker comolex most people suffer from.Believing the attackers are the most important in any team.Everybody knows that scoring is not a problem for real madrid,their problem is not conceding.They are the exact opposite of atletico.If benzema was in atletico and he scored these goals leading to them winning the league trophy,he will undoubtedly be the MVP as defending is not a problem for atletico but scoring is.
Scoring was not a problem for Madrid this year? Who scored more than 10 goals for Madrid this season? A penalty taking defender!! But scoring is not a problem?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
EarlRagnar2:
Thank you for this, it's getting boring and stale same arguments everytime
The thing dey give me headache sef. Very annoying! I wonder where they find the energy to repeatedly engage in this tiring rubbish.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

At least 5 people can lay claim to defensive performance of the team, how many players can lay claim to the offensive performance of Madrid
you haven't answered my question.How many of benzema's goals were non-assisted?

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2020
sylvalord:
The thing dey give me headache sef. Very annoying! I wonder where they find the energy to repeatedly engage in this tiring rubbish.
sorry oh!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
simonjassy:
sorry oh!
Sorry to you too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
A40:
Scoring was not a problem for Madrid this year? Who scored more than 10 goals for Madrid this season? A penalty taking defender!! But scoring is not a problem?
I will refer you to my post to raum,concerning solving a short term problem and a long term problem
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2020
simonjassy:
you haven't answered my question.How many of benzema's goals were non-assisted?

Since you started watching football, what is the rate of non assisted goals a footballer scores?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2020
sylvalord:
Sorry to you too
hahaha!.I wasn't trying to tick you off.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

Since you started watching football, what is the rate of non assisted goals a footballer scores?
since you have started watching football,how many assisted clean sheets have you seen?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2020
simonjassy:
hahaha!.I wasn't trying to tick you off.
So which one is sorry? undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

What do you understand by this stat

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11946259_kingbenz_jpeg43a615e12aef4fed3e55c09f5e15232b
what do you understand by Hazard's goals winning more points for Chelsea in 2015 EPL win?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
Greatihex:
what do you understand by Hazard's goals winning more points for Chelsea in 2015 EPL win?

I asked you did Hazard top goals for his club? Did he top assists? If you cant undertsnad that then miss me with your wahala

Benzemas goals delivered more points in the league than anyone else even Messi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2020
simonjassy:
since you have started watching football,how many assisted clean sheets have you seen?

Defence is a collective job. Madrid 18 clean sheet, which particular player should get the credit you tell me

On this thread alone Cortouis,Ramos Varane Casemiro have been mentioned never mind Carvajal and Mendy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:40pm On Jul 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

Hazard was not the top assister, he was not the top scorer. Unlike Benzema who was top scorer, top assister and player who gathered most points

So compare apples to apples
loads of goals and Assists are bullshit if they are not winning points.

The crux of the matter is that both players goals won more points for their team that any one else. So, did hazard carry Chelsea to EPL in 2015?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2020
Greatihex:
loads of goals and Assists are bullshit if they are not winning points.

The crux of the matter is that both players goals won more points for their team that any one else. So, did hazard carry Chelsea to EPL in 2015?

An attackers job is to score goals, Benzema scored more goals than anyone in the team at the same time assisting more than anyone, at the same time delivering points more than anyone in the league that has MESSI the greatest player of all time
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

We have been asking for Hazards output since all you can show us is 4 CL goals from open play while Benzema is the 3rd all-time top scorers

Like I told you, you like comparing apples to oranges

Sir, it won't work today. Don't change the goal post.

We are talking about benzema and hazard's goals winning more points for their teams.

Now, did hazard carry Chelsea to 2015 EPL?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2020
Greatihex:
This stat explains it all.

I have not followed football for a long time like some of our ogas here, but the little I have followed it I know that the game is not just 1+1=2. And I believe that is why the game is the most followed game/sports on earth.

I did not watch any madrid match fully this season, so I can't tell who contributed more or not. Therefore, I am not joining in the Benzema argument. But I want to say this. Football is a team sports. And every member of the team contributes to the success of the team one way or the other. Although, not everyone has the same degree of contribution, but no position in the team is more important than the other. The midfielder is as important as the defender. The attacker is as important as the defender, and vice versa. Everyone on the pitch is important as long as they are doing their job, whatever it may be, very well.

Now, about those who downplay the importance of defence just because they feel emotionally attached to goals and the people that score them, here is my summation with an example.

The issue of clean sheet and more goals is not just black and white.

Let's say for instance, Chelsea have two matches to play to end the season, right?
Now, let's say we need maximum points, which is 6 points.
Now, let us use these two matches remaining for Chelsea as examples.

First.
Liverpool 0 : 4 Chelsea (Abraham 4 goals)
Wolves 1 : 1 Chelsea (Abraham 0 goal)

Second
Liverpool 1 : 2 Chelsea (Abraham 1 goal)
Wolves 0 : 1 Chelsea (Abraham 1 goal)

Third scenario.
Liverpool 0 : 0 Chelsea
Wolves 0 : 0 Chelsea

Fourth scenario
Liverpool 3 : 2 Chelsea
Wolves 2 : 1 Chelsea

First scenario = 4 points.
Second scenario = 6 points.
Third scenario = 2 points
Fourth scenario = 3 points

First scenario, the team did a good job if you total it, but no maximum points. And Abraham did a great job totally but when you look closely you will see comma.

Second scenario, the team did a great job if you look closely, but compared to the first one with total stats gathered, they didn't meet up, yet they got maximum points. Also, Abraham in the first scenario scored more, but did not do better than the second scenario.

Third and fourth scenario is self explanatory.

The conclusion is that it is not about total goals scored or total conceded at the end of the season, it is about the team performance every match day.
A striker's contribution is not when he scores 50 goals total, it is how many matches he was able to score in when the team needed it.
That is, it is not about giving 9/10 performance in 30% of the season's matches, it is about giving consistent, at least, 7/10 in 80% of the season's matches. That is what is important.

Nice piece.

In the El classico, that Madrid won 2-0, the Algerian bag of beans was so useless that he was bundled out. Guess what? Diaz came in, and within 2mins he put the match to bed, with a clinical finish.

Some of these Aparisports members didn't watch up to 4 Madrid's matches this season, but they will come here to type nonsense, based on stats they saw online. Below was my post after Diaz scored the 2nd goal, Raumdeuter was mute. This was the period their Benzema had only 1 goal in like 900 minutes on the field.

airmark:

Vinicius will thank Pique for the deflected goal. Diaz will only thank Zidane for giving him the chance to do, in 2mins, what Benzema couldn't do for 90 mins. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:47pm On Jul 18, 2020
Greatihex:

Sir, it won't work today. Don't change the goal post.

We are talking about benzema and hazard's goals winning more points for their teams.

Now, did hazard carry Chelsea to 2015 EPL?

We are talking about Benzema leading his team in goals Did Hazard do that?
We are talking about Benzema leading his team in assists, Did Hidden do that?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

I asked you did Hazard top goals for his club? Did he top assists? If you cant undertsnad that then miss me with your wahala

Benzemas goals delivered more points in the league than anyone else even Messi
we are never shifting this goalpost today.

Both hazard's and benzema's goals won more points for their teams than anyone else.

If the goals and Assists of those that topped assists and goals were important they would have won more points, but no, hazard goals did.

Now tell us, did hazard carry Chelsea to 2015 EPL?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
pkasso:
I think most people are having a hard time understanding what i said. i admitted Benzema had a good season but saying he was the main reason Real won the league is doing a great disservice to guys like Casemiro and Courtois.

Obviously it's easier to make a case for an attacker than a DM and GK. But the reductive method of using goals and assists to rate some players over others even when they play different positions isn't going to cut it every time. There are intangibles even the most advanced ratings system can't measure. Even those measured are not accorded the corresponding weight.

IMO, Casemiro and Courtois offered more 'value' than Benzema this season. The same 21 goals Benzema scored this season was only good enough for 3rd place last year so what changed?

100%

Raumdeuter and ibime do you also agree with the embolded?

I'm specifically asking both of you because should in case hazard behind to dazzle at Madrid next season and you begin to ask for goal and assists I will refer You guys to this statement . cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:51pm On Jul 18, 2020
popizaino:

100%

Raumdeuter and ibime do you also agree with the embolded?

I'm specifically asking both of you because should in case hazard behind to dazzle at Madrid next season and you begin to ask for goal and assists I will refer You guys to this statement . cheesy

Dazzle ko, you no like Datsun.

Any attacker that is not delivering sizable goals and assists, Na people like you go believe say Denilson dey dazzle by throwing 15 leg overs

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2020
Bville02:

You slipped in Boateng like we won't notice. Boateng deserves all the disrespect he's getting.

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2020
Marcus Rashford to score vs Chelsea tomorrow.

Make I release odds?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2020
Greatihex:
we are never shifting this goalpost today.

Both hazard's and benzema's goals won more points for their teams than anyone else.

If the goals and Assists of those that topped assists and goals were important they would have won more points, but no, hazard goals did.

Now tell us, did hazard carry Chelsea to 2015 EPL?

How could Hazard have carried you to the title when he is not the top scorer nor top assist maker, why not remove the goals of Costa and the assists of Fabregas

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:53pm On Jul 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

We are talking about Benzema leading his team in goals Did Hazard do that?
We are talking about Benzema leading his team in assists, Did Hidden do that?
at the end of the day both team's goals won the most points for their team enroute to a title win. So, did hazard carry Chelsea to EPL in 2015?

Now, while you are at that. Hazard led his team in both assists and goals in 2019, so did he carry Chelsea in 2019?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2020
Greatihex:
at the end of the day both team's goals won the most points for their team enroute to a title win. So, did hazard carry Chelsea to EPL in 2015?

Now, while you are at that. Hazard led his team in both assists and goals in 2019, so did he carry Chelsea in 2019?

Did Hazard top goals and assists for Chelsea?

In 2019 what did Hazard win you with his goals? The only trophy you won in 2019 was Yuropa which Giroud was the top scorer for your team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2020
raumdeuter:

How could Hazard have carried you to the title when he is not the top scorer nor top assist maker, why not remove the goals of Costa and the assists of Fabregas
they have already removed themselves by not winning more points. I am not the one that did it. If goals and Assists are not winning points, they are useless. So, tell us did hazard carry Chelsea to 2015 EPL?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9325) (9326) (9327) (9328) (9329) (9330) (9331) ... (19393) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Jamiuokolla and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.