Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:36 PM

The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone (3346 Views)

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Owning An Iphone In Nigeria? / How To Login To Yahoomail Using A Mobile Phone / Mobile Phone Voice Changer Software Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by kulex2k1(m): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2007
Those of us that think we have the fones of our dreams (4 now), i really dont think the fone could be so perfect afterall there must be one or two bugs (faults) u might have found in them but even with this bugs u still love ur fone.

lets talk about those faults we've seen in our fones
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by Emeka72(m): 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2007
but I think my phone (SAGEM myX5-2v) has a sad side effect ie it can't accept any other simcard apart from mine ie my vmobile sim card. If I put another SIM, it requests 4 phone code and d capacity for the phone code can't take more than 3 digits and the phone starts counting 15 minutes down and meaning I must have to wait for the 15 minutes count for the phone to allow me use it so if any one can help me out to trouble shoot this problem, pls air your views.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by Emeka72(m): 10:18am On Nov 14, 2007
hello Kulex do you browse free with your celtel line
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by dragnet: 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2007
I pers0nally dnt see anythng wr0ng wt dis thread & Emeka u said u d0nt supp0rt d thread yet u p0std ur syd of d st0ry n d help u nid .& d thread aint stil w0rth it?. . Anyway all I can tel u 4 ur f0ne is 2 go get it flashd @ C.V, d c0de will b reset n get cleard
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by dragnet: 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2007
I luv my f0ne ! ! !*sh0uting*, ssSShh. .bt I'm planning a c0up to replace it*whispern* I h0pe it didnt hear me grin
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by sect(m): 7:10pm On Nov 14, 2007
The only problem i have with my mobile phone is its joystick,it stucks sometimes but i still love it.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by kulex2k1(m): 9:25pm On Nov 14, 2007
My N80 its a nice fone but it has a very terible battery power
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by noel76(m): 11:23am On Nov 18, 2007
@seyestick y re u washin ur dirty linen outside.
@emeka 7 u sure dont need any help on this thread it now shows dat u re all dat u support in seyes reply. maybe i would hav been able 2 help u bt i dont think my heart ll 4giv me if i do so rough it out urself.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by noel76(m): 11:32am On Nov 18, 2007
@topic, my 6260 battery drain lick hell, replacing the battery hmm, it seems the 1 dat came wit it is better than d replacement. i believe d reason dat its because its a symbian phone and symbian phones does lots of stuff u know.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by honsule(m): 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2007
@neol76.you will noticed that on your original battery there is a nokia seal.but the ones sold outside has no seal, meaning:that one is counterfeit(fake).but i think you can get original nokia battery with the seal from phone repairer or any place sha.as for me,i am lucky to have two original nokia battery for my N72 because of the way i maximise my fone.browsing,softwares,etc and moreover, there is relative power stability in my school.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by honsule(m): 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2007
when my phone got corrupted because of my nature of too much downloading software,i got it flashed for 1,500.i was annoyed when i discovered eventually how to flash Nseries/s60 nokia phones.their was also a time because of too much software downloading(am software freak)i used my card reader to download softwares from dotsis.com then.but as of now because i browse free with my celtel line,i do the downloading direct and i can't just save any extra software in my file manger.as i was saying because of too much software download my screen got affected by a virus.i flashed it several time but no way.i eventually took it to a guy who told me that it was a screen problem.it wasn't funny at all guys,because i have to part with 5k for another screen.in fact,in some place i was 6,500.guys,Nseries parts are exorbitant.imagine i can use that 5k to buy a new phone.although am very careful now.because once bitten,twice shy
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by bimbor(m): 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2007
honsule didnt u activate or update your antivirus? I just updated mine y'day,pls alwayz update ur antivirus. Talking about flashing,how do u flash Nseries although im not planning on flashing mine just for contigencies sake.also do u know where i can download mobile english dictionary?
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by mellow(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2007
Really learning something interesting[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by honsule(m): 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2007
@Mellow.That is how it's suppose to be.Learn from other people's experience.@Bimbor.Go to getjar.com for the dictionary,but when you encounter any problem,don't hesitate to tell me ok.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by honsule(m): 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2007
I have about 4 different anti virus,but the one i think and trust to be effective is McAfee.But i can't just update my McAfee anti virus,because its trial period have expired.When i tried to update i was told to buy it for $29.99 Or do anybody know the site where i can download one free and also update it.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by ifyalways(f): 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2007
******* i just got my current phone 3 weeks ago and am so so in love with it.*****

no side story yet grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by bimbor(m): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2007
@honsule,i got one "smart mobile" dictionary from get jar but i've not laid my hands on d registration code since then n i've not been able to use it.'ll try if i can get any other one there.How did u get ur McAfee,hope u didnt download a trial version cos most Nseries come prepackaged with McAfee,all u need do is just install it and launch live updates.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by U1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2007
@ Emeka 7.
If the phone is really yours you should know the phone code.Or is it a second hand phone?If you bought it while new, use the default password(0000) the next time you insert another sim into the phone.
Hey! But did I here you say that it cannot accomodate more than 3 digits? Ol' boy, OYO lowa o(na OYO you dey). grin cheesy wink

@ honsule

Please brother,are using a Celtel prepaid or post paid line for browsing?I'm having problem activating my Celtel prepaid line for browsing.Could you be generous enough to put me through? Thanks in advance.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by honsule(m): 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2007
I downloaded mine from dotsis.What is the name of the anti virus you use?McAfee is a very powerful anti virus.There was a time i downloaded one of the anti virus that Kulex attached,after scanning it with my McAfee,it instantly deleted it,recognising it as containing virus.Can you imagine!Anti Virus deleting another infected anti virus.It is funny.No wonder it goes for $29.99.Anti virus pass anti virus.I just love McAfee anti virus,it is powerful.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by bimbor(m): 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2007
I use McAfee and it came with my n70,although i also downloaded F-secure antivirus but i havn't enabled it yet.check ur n72 well my friend's own came with McAfee which i helped her activate.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by Cotton(m): 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2007
Does anybody know where I can open a Nokia E65?
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by dragnet: 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2007
Cott0n. ,wht type of lock? .sim , netwk or f0ne lock?
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by texazzpete(m): 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2007
Not much problem with my iphone. My HTC TyTN on the other hand is making me mad, dust got into the slide-out QWERTY keyboard so now some keys don't respond well until they are pressed HARD.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by Jeovy(m): 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2007
My Nokia 3310 is the best phone I have ever used,I have bought more than three new Nokia phones,but they are no more,2 stolen,1 damaged.But my Nokia 3310 still standing now for seven years.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by blesyne(f): 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2007
ifyalways:

******* i just got my current phone 3 weeks ago and am so so in love with it.*****

no side story yet grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink
thank goodness we are in the same group.i just got my own phone last week and wow i love it kissno side effect story yet too cheesy
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by sod4luv(m): 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2007
hmmm, luv my fone alots, bt my joystick is kinda messing up.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by 3dhunter(m): 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2007
those that are in love with their phones, tell us the name of your phone
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by kulex2k1(m): 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2007
@ Honsule that antivirus i attached wasnt actually a virus i used it when i was using an n70 though it wont install on my n80. to redeem my image (thanks to honsule) am attaching this new antivirus. unpack with winrar

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Mobile 6.0 is a convenient and reliable solution that protects smartphones from malicious programs that target mobile platforms. Viruses, worms and Trojans have spread beyond personal computers. This solution offers effective protection for your smartphone and personal data from malicious programs.

You have not to worry for serial key! means this will not ask for serial key

Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by bigboy2006: 8:41pm On Nov 18, 2007
my fone is the best fone the first in Nigeria and the first fone that nokia have ever produce the name is nokia 5110 but the only problem i am having now is one chance people
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by sect(m): 9:14pm On Nov 18, 2007
You are a big boy,you should be cruising in ur ride and not using commercial buses, aight.
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by WarfyBoy(m): 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2007
i use w800i, i have lawys wanted to browse with it, i called my network service [GLO] they saud they were going to send me an msn, they did n i saved it into my phone like they directed, bt i can't stil do anytin with it, can someone advice me on wt to do, i realy do need to browse with it.

ANOTHER ISSUE
someone sent an msn, i do not have the person's phone numba, bt when i received the msg, his numba did not show on my phone, but his name appeared @ the top of the msg.

PLEASE CAN I ALSO MAKE MY NAME TO APEAR weneva i send an msn, instead of my name, i will be most gr8fu if i can get a good response, pleassseeeee

my phone is sony ericsson, w800i
Re: The Sad Side Of Owning A Mobile Phone by DisGuy: 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2007
Flashers!! angry angry they flash you with unknown numbers or just flash you till you drop whatever the Bleep you are doing
when you ask the why the f they are flashing you liek theres an emergency they just call to say hi undecided
whatever happen to txt undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suggest A 3g Dual Sim Phone (price Within N20,000) / Locate People In Nigeria With Your Android Phone / Job You Can Do With Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.