Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,365 members, 7,850,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:45 PM

Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! (70989 Views)

Meet The Authors Of The Nigerian Writers Series / Mo Yan Wins Nobel Literature Prize / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Diamondwriter(m): 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
South-south we can still make this happen..i tink ryt nw,we shud all act as co-ordinators.dats d only way we cn pull dx off
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
Wow...tot I've been banned...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 10:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
Been working on a draft constitution but Nairaland doesn't want me to inform you guys on how to download it...ie posting the link here, they hide my posts...don't know why...but looking at ways to get this info across...
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 11:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
Have done it...follow the instructions below carefully in order to download the draft constitution I've been working on...even NL Moderators will never stop us!
1. Click on my NL Username above (Peaceworld) and copy the link I mapped out in the Personal Text section.
2. Paste on your browser's address bar and click go! Voila! Happy reading...feedback on this draft is welcome...it's PDF so that the original can be preserved, that's all, but please remember it's just a draft...let us contribute in order to fashion out something great from this rough work...feedback feedback...smiley
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 3:21am On Jul 04, 2012
Peaceworld: Have done it...follow the instructions below carefully in order to download the draft constitution I've been working on...even NL Moderators will never stop us!
1. Click on my NL Username above (Peaceworld) and copy the link I mapped out in the Personal Text section.
2. Paste on your browser's address bar and click go! Voila! Happy reading...feedback on this draft is welcome...it's PDF so that the original can be preserved, that's all, but please remember it's just a draft...let us contribute in order to fashion out something great from this rough work...feedback feedback...smiley
thank you very much, dear.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Switup: 6:19am On Jul 04, 2012
okay, so what's on ur mind?!# lik wat are ur plans.....
Diamondwriter: South-south we can still make this happen..i tink ryt nw,we shud all act as co-ordinators.dats d only way we cn pull dx off
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Diamondwriter(m): 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2012
Swit up: okay, so what's on ur mind?!# lik wat are ur plans.....
if its okay with our boss<dailynews>i tink we shud meet in a more private forum strictly 4 d s-s members.we are behind schedule so we nid to come up with something quick..i wud also request d numbers of all the s-s members that submittd their forms n if my earlier request for a forum is approved,i wud text evryone of em.I tink it might also help if we begin scouting for young south south writers before our meeting........
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
Diamondwriter: if its okay with our boss<dailynews>i tink we shud meet in a more private forum strictly 4 d s-s members.we are behind schedule so we nid to come up with something quick..i wud also request d numbers of all the s-s members that submittd their forms n if my earlier request for a forum is approved,i wud text evryone of em.I tink it might also help if we begin scouting for young south south writers before our meeting........
remind me on 2go...let me give u al what u request and profer a solution to s.s writers. We must cary everybody along.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Switup: 5:43pm On Jul 04, 2012
Diamondwriter: if its okay with our boss<dailynews>i tink we shud meet in a more private forum strictly 4 d s-s members.we are behind schedule so we nid to come up with something quick..i wud also request d numbers of all the s-s members that submittd their forms n if my earlier request for a forum is approved,i wud text evryone of em.I tink it might also help if we begin scouting for young south south writers before our meeting........
oh! At last somthing's getting done.....
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by ikrumalemonday(m): 8:55pm On Jul 04, 2012
d south south phone numbers are not reachable. pls let do something.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 11:17pm On Jul 04, 2012
Have done it...follow the instructions below carefully in order to download the draft constitution I've been working on...even NL Moderators will never stop us!
Guys n girls please check out what I've done n say sometin abt it rt here...ds is a crucial issue for this gr8 club...and I've shown we dont need a lawyer to do ds...I only ask for your contributions...what do u think about the draft constitution? Gosh, many members dont even care to come online now n then...na wah ooo!!! sad
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Cuddlemii: 11:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
Peaceworld: Have done it...follow the instructions below carefully in order to download the draft constitution I've been working on...even NL Moderators will never stop us!
Guys n girls please check out what I've done n say sometin abt it rt here...ds is a crucial issue for this gr8 club...and I've shown we dont need a lawyer to do ds...I only ask for your contributions...what do u think about the draft constitution? Gosh, many members dont even care to come online now n then...na wah ooo!!! sad

@Peaceworld, what is the meaning of the bolded? You have been carrying on with your movement without any interruptions yet you still type this? Mind educating me about this group, "Naija Young Writers Club?"
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 12:18am On Jul 05, 2012
Cuddlemii:

@Peaceworld, what is the meaning of the bolded? You have been carrying on with your movement without any interruptions yet you still type this? Mind educating me about this group, "Naija Young Writers Club?"
Cuddle, I was banned from NL for posting a link to our draft constitution that's why I wrote what u bolded above. If u need to know or join NAYWP, please get info from page one of this thread...smiley
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 6:14am On Jul 05, 2012
Hi.......... Wata gwan?
Cuddle, dis is a club 2 be. Check it out frm d begining. Jeez, i missed u guys.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Cuddlemii: 6:55am On Jul 05, 2012
Peaceworld:
Cuddle, I was banned from NL for posting a link to our draft constitution that's why I wrote what u bolded above. If u need to know or join NAYWP, please get info from page one of this thread...smiley

I am sure one of the rules of NAYWP is adherence to the constitution. You should follow the rules and regulations of Nl and we all sail smoothly.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by mukina2: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2012
Peaceworld:

The antispam bot mistook your posts for spam and banned you. Next time you think you are wrongly banned use report button or mail the moderator to state your complaints (if you click on moderators profiles, you will see a link that enables you to mail them).

And desist from making snide comments at the moderators or attempt to insult them. They are only doing their job and you need their support to use the forum. Nobody is here to winchhunt anyone.

I have unmarked your post that were marked by the spambot. Please dont post the link again the antispam bot will see it as spam, mark it and ban you, you can instead post the link of the post containing the information:

https://www.nairaland.com/920401/naija-young-writers-club-join/20#11310376
https://www.nairaland.com/920401/naija-young-writers-club-join/20#11319828

NB:

A complaint thread has just been created by the moderator, you can use it as well to make your complaints.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2012
Peaceworld, you did a very great job on that Constitution. I will read it again this weekend to see if I may have a suggestion, but for now, everything sounded perfect. Thanks for taking your time on it. We do appreciate.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Peaceworld(m): 3:49am On Jul 07, 2012
sunical: Peaceworld, you did a very great job on that Constitution. I will read it again this weekend to see if I may have a suggestion, but for now, everything sounded perfect. Thanks for taking your time on it. We do appreciate.
Sunical thanks.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Zenithex: 4:43am On Jul 07, 2012
I like that club, is it still open for me please if, i will like somebody to contact me on my mail, pls ooooooo... My mail add is excelfmtv@gmail.com am expecting you o.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Diamondwriter(m): 6:13am On Jul 07, 2012
Zenithex: I like that club, is it still open for me please if, i will like somebody to contact me on my mail, pls ooooooo... My mail add is excelfmtv@gmail.com am expecting you o.
wat state r u 4rm....
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by valdubem(m): 6:19am On Jul 07, 2012
Emyo: Somebody tel me what going to xup in abuja. Remember am going to be ur official guest...ebi una no go host me.
Well u guys going to envy the south east zonal meeting when u see our video on nairaland and facebook. We are too capable.

yeah. We will host you to d core. We re yet to decide on a date, but it will be pretty soon. Sooner than expected.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by valdubem(m): 6:24am On Jul 07, 2012
Uniquexty: I jst heard from the oga. Please all payments shld be made to Eke Christiana Nzie. A/c: 3031520345. First bank. All newcomers shld march down to any first bank nearest to them and pay in =N=1000 to the above stated account. After that, pls report back here with ur teller receipt no and a form will be sent to u. 'Fiam' u'l become a bonafide member. As simple as dat. All members shld as well forward any payment to the same account. Thanks in advance.

uniquexty, I need to have ur contact. Mine is 08064518192 (okwuchukwu chidubem, North-central co-ordinator).
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 6:26am On Jul 07, 2012
Peaceworld, keep it rolling. U've got wot it take.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 7:35am On Jul 07, 2012
val_dubem:

yeah. We will host you to d core. We re yet to decide on a date, but it will be pretty soon. Sooner than expected.
no! The date is fixed already. U cordinators ar jux to work towards that date which is 28th of july. All the zonal meeting are holding same day on 28th of july. Jux make plans for a venue and note date.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 7:41am On Jul 07, 2012
South east zonal meeting holds on the 21st day of july. Uniquesty has felcilited me to b able to send u all an sms with dates and venue. Thank you uniquesty. S.E WRITERS WIL 4 EVER B INDEBTED TO U.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 7:42am On Jul 07, 2012
Pls, i want to ask a tiny question. Is there any tiny creative writing academy in nigeria? Or is it only footbal academy?
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2012
I find dis realy embarrasin bt necessary 2 share dis experience of my 1st date dat ended even b4 it started. To be candid, i wonder what i was thinking when i agreed to his crazy scheme. Wel, watchin those succulent lips as they said d words 'Darling,i would like us to spend the next weekend at a friends place. What do you think?', i knew automatically that 'NO' was not an option. Is this not the Daddy's girl; i know you wil ask and to that i say, you've not met my lying tongue (or to be more spiritual, convincing tongue).
'Daddy, there's this seminar that i'l have to present in school next week and i need to borrow some materials from Sandra to enable them catch up.' i heard myself telling my father.
'Go ahead. But make sure you are home before 7:00pm' Jeez, my heart skipped a beat.
'Daddy,the seminar involves all my coursemates. Sandra would also make use of the materials.'
'Then what are you saying?' he was getting worried
'i'l sleep over. It wil be a joint reading.' popcy paused from his reading. His eyes escaped from his glasses and peered at me. Instantly the hip-hop players in my heart came alive.
'Do you stil have your keys?'
'ofcourse dad'
'dats k. Go ahead and prepare for your seminar. You know that i want the best for you. But you may not meet me at home when you come back. I'l be leaving for a meeting in port harcourt.' I gave him the your-not serious look. He smiled at me and said 'Be careul'. For the first time in months i said 'i love you dad'. Smiles took over my face. At that moment, Delilah would be very proud of my skills.
It was 8:00pm. I heard Frank driving into the compound. Yes, i've heard about girls being late for dates, But before he could come round to the door, i was standing there, smiling sheepishly and good to go. He looked me over and said 'you look handsomly beautiful'. Did i mention earlier that i was carrying a new hairdo? I just stood there, smiling and speechles.
We drove silently. I was too excited to notice the silence. When we got to the house, he pulled over and i jumped out of the car and headed upstairs. I opened the door to the bedroom, Holy Mary full of Grace! George his friend was standing there, obviously, he just came out from the bathroom. What i saw is better imagined. I guess he just did not expect us at that time, not to tink of seeing me first. With a speed that the lightening wouldn't dare contend with, i dashed out of the room, stumbling on Frank. I ran straight to the fridge and calmed my nerves with a glass of water.
Few minutes later, my cell phone rang. I picked it and heard frank's voice. 'you can come in now. The coast is clear' 'Is that what you call what i saw?' i was furious and the truth of the matter is that i'm coastphobia. It became clear to me then dat the coast was just begining to gather.
About an hour later, George did not show any signs of leaving. Rather we all settled for a talk on politics. My father's advice on being careful was highly recommended now. This was my nightmare. I thank God for 2go and facebook. If you know what happens in a normal date, you would have noticed that none of that was going to be my portion.
I woke up d next morning and found Frank starring at me. I noticed he had a silly smile on his lips. This could just be it.
'where is George?' i had to make sure the coast was clear.
'he went to the Gym' his voice was mischevious.
'you knw wot happens when lovers are left on their own' he was telling me.
'hmmmmmm' my eyes became dreamy. He came closer. When the world was just about to revolve, my cell phone rang. It was my neighbour. The operation-water-the-city had stormed our area and worked on our water reserviour. Holy crap! We've not had water for two whole weeks and i knw i had left my bathroom tap on, incase the water started running. If what my neighbour told me was true, then my house was flooding.
We drove back the same way we came, the only difference was the intensity of the silence. Just as expected, the tap was on and the water was travelling down the stairs.
What was that? I peeped through the window and found dad driving in. Few minutes later,
'CHRISTIE....' He screamed. I looked down from the balcony and found dad on the floor. He slipped, d water had got to him. 'GOSH' i called back. You know what, i was grounded for one year.

1 Like

Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 10:12am On Jul 07, 2012
And hey, before u ask me that, its all FICTION.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 10:28am On Jul 07, 2012
Uniquexty: I find dis realy embarrasin bt necessary 2 share dis experience of my 1st date dat ended even b4 it started. To be candid, i wonder what i was thinking when i agreed to his crazy scheme. Wel, watchin those succulent lips as they said d words 'Darling,i would like us to spend the next weekend at a friends place. What do you think?', i knew automatically that 'NO' was not an option. Is this not the Daddy's girl; i know you wil ask and to that i say, you've not met my lying tongue (or to be more spiritual, convincing tongue).
'Daddy, there's this seminar that i'l have to present in school next week and i need to borrow some materials from Sandra to enable them catch up.' i heard myself telling my father.
'Go ahead. But make sure you are home before 7:00pm' Jeez, my heart skipped a beat.
'Daddy,the seminar involves all my coursemates. Sandra would also make use of the materials.'
'Then what are you saying?' he was getting worried
'i'l sleep over. It wil be a joint reading.' popcy paused from his reading. His eyes escaped from his glasses and peered at me. Instantly the hip-hop players in my heart came alive.
'Do you stil have your keys?'
'ofcourse dad'
'dats k. Go ahead and prepare for your seminar. You know that i want the best for you. But you may not meet me at home when you come back. I'l be leaving for a meeting in port harcourt.' I gave him the your-not serious look. He smiled at me and said 'Be careul'. For the first time in months i said 'i love you dad'. Smiles took over my face. At that moment, Delilah would be very proud of my skills.
It was 8:00pm. I heard Frank driving into the compound. Yes, i've heard about girls being late for dates, But before he could come round to the door, i was standing there, smiling sheepishly and good to go. He looked me over and said 'you look handsomly beautiful'. Did i mention earlier that i was carrying a new hairdo? I just stood there, smiling and speechles.
We drove silently. I was too excited to notice the silence. When we got to the house, he pulled over and i jumped out of the car and headed upstairs. I opened the door to the bedroom, Holy Mary full of Grace! George his friend was standing there, obviously, he just came out from the bathroom. What i saw is better imagined. I guess he just did not expect us at that time, not to tink of seeing me first. With a speed that the lightening wouldn't dare contend with, i dashed out of the room, stumbling on Frank. I ran straight to the fridge and calmed my nerves with a glass of water.
Few minutes later, my cell phone rang. I picked it and heard frank's voice. 'you can come in now. The coast is clear' 'Is that what you call what i saw?' i was furious and the truth of the matter is that i'm coastphobia. It became clear to me then dat the coast was just begining to gather.
About an hour later, George did not show any signs of leaving. Rather we all settled for a talk on politics. My father's advice on being careful was highly recommended now. This was my nightmare. I thank God for 2go and facebook. If you know what happens in a normal date, you would have noticed that none of that was going to be my portion.
I woke up d next morning and found Frank starring at me. I noticed he had a silly smile on his lips. This could just be it.
'where is George?' i had to make sure the coast was clear.
'he went to the Gym' his voice was mischevious.
'you knw wot happens when lovers are left on their own' he was telling me.
'hmmmmmm' my eyes became dreamy. He came closer. When the world was just about to revolve, my cell phone rang. It was my neighbour. The operation-water-the-city had stormed our area and worked on our water reserviour. Holy crap! We've not had water for two whole weeks and i knw i had left my bathroom tap on, incase the water started running. If what my neighbour told me was true, then my house was flooding.
We drove back the same way we came, the only difference was the intensity of the silence. Just as expected, the tap was on and the water was travelling down the stairs.
What was that? I peeped through the window and found dad driving in. Few minutes later,
'CHRISTIE....' He screamed. I looked down from the balcony and found dad on the floor. He slipped, d water had got to him. 'GOSH' i called back. You know what, i was grounded for one year.
kraaaa city!! What else wil i cal u. So u went ahead to write about ur dad's girl imagination. God. U a krativity city park. Wait 4 my IN ONE MAN'S MIND.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Uniquexty(f): 10:42am On Jul 07, 2012
Emyo: kraaaa city!! What else wil i cal u. So u went ahead to write about ur dad's girl imagination. God. U a krativity city park. Wait 4 my IN ONE MAN'S MIND.
lwkmd. I kip promises. Bring it on ma man
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 10:47am On Jul 07, 2012
When my IN ONE MAN's MIND comes out! I wil beat u all hands down. I tear respect to diz lady, she is inspiring and competive. But never try's to rob equals wit me. Respect miss. kraaativity Portal.
Re: Young Authors of Nigeria (YAN) -Join Now! by Emyo(m): 11:51am On Jul 07, 2012
Dearest in spirit, give me a low sit...give me a few minutes of your precious time. I want to tell you what i feel like...my plight. Yes, it is time for another change. A positive change and you know it must be for better. It is time for another twist...a positive change, it must be. Looking back into era of our silent co-existence, he has bethrayed me...used us for a fool. Here comes another era, and he needs our blessing, support and trust ones more. Yes, we put him there and let him led us. Now, it is ovious he neither think nor bother of how we, 'the soul fee', am beating my chest here, he has been treating us just by matter of accidental occurence to his mind. Like a man waking up from a bad dream, he jacks up and remember we the soul, the masses exist. At severe interval he seize to recognize and admit that we existed. It is time for a change. Drastic! Back in those days, we sat in this same position...round this same table discusing way forward. But when he got throwned unto the throne, he seize to remember those conference that gave a lifefull body for his covering. Just like the last supper conference, he sat readily for a crown...imagin! A crown from us. We made him sit at the kings sit. At the central ready to make and implement manifestoes. The power said, was in our hands. The beign intelligent of his smile, happilly stole away our power. We! Yes, listen, we here, gave it to him. The power to lead us, unite, to co-ordinate and pronounce our future and visions for us. But now, his crown makers are skulled, his followers and supporters have been skeletized and made laid six-fit below the sea level. Oh! His own soul as been wary and out of cloth. The mind can die many times but the soul remains. We have been here era to era, but he, the mind, has been buried seventy-seven times seven times. The wealth Mind is busy gathering will never and will not follow him to hell. I Soul have been forsaked, rejected and neglected. In hell that same body covering, we gave him, that his busy greesing and naturising shall bring him pains from burns. Look, we are king makers. The soul never dies. We continue to sit round this table to anoint you.....soldomly, i am telling him that in few hundred years, the Soul shall be free from this satanic governing. Either by a stop to existence or by enthronement by the corner stone. Let me put it clear to you. The soul will in a matter of time work seperately from the mind and body. And when this time invades like a thief into this circuit, Mind will lead himself and the soul shall lead the leadway. We the soul of this reign as been killed. Stabbed at our navel in our own bunch, for just the pleasure the body that we gave him as covering demands. Look at your right. Conscience crys 'is it right to do this...that?'....Taught now is over there beating and speaking loud in full energy, 'think, tink, think'....silence and you will hear Mrs Volition supporting our quest, she is the only person that can say if Mind has the will or power to do put an end to....blablabla... This nairaland o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (68) (Reply)

Matrimony Of Secrets / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story / Shadows.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.