Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,040 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL (1006 Views)

Is Helping Small Businesses On Nairaland Now A Curse? / I Believe It Is Time For Seun To To Introduce Escrow To Nairalanders / How Can We Help Each Other's Businesses On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by brainchild78(m): 11:57am On Apr 22, 2012
It has come to my attention that Nairaland is amongst the most popular websites in Nigeria. This factor opens doors for a lot of financial opportunities. However, on close observation of the site it appears that Mr Seun is not tapping into the many resourses available. I have therefore put a request that he alots ad space to Nigerian Businesses interested in advertising on this site. It would definitely ensure that there is enough funding to keep this site running as well as give local businesses a platfo

4 Likes

Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by elekcybersolutions: 12:01pm On Apr 22, 2012
I concure. I will definitely subscribe to this if this avenue is created.

2 Likes

Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by dgenuisreborn(m): 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2012
I 2nd dat. Seun get the ball rolling.

2 Likes

Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by ruggedgerman87: 1:23pm On Apr 22, 2012
seun you should definitely take this into careful consideration

1 Like

Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by samwise9jalife: 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2012
seun create this opportunity many business are waiting on you to make the move.

1 Like

Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2012
Nice idea..............but the final decision still lies with seun himself
Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by brainchild78(m): 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2012
ULSHERLAN: Nice idea..............but the final decision still lies with seun himself
true but with enough support seun's decision could be significantly influenced
Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by Seun(m): 5:56pm On Apr 25, 2012
I'm planning to sell adverts on "slices" of Nairaland, where a slice of Nairaland represents a fixed percentage of Nairaland's traffic. What do you think about this?
Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by yamakuza: 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2012
Seun: I'm planning to sell adverts on "slices" of Nairaland, where a slice of Nairaland represents a fixed percentage of Nairaland's traffic. What do you think about this?

You mean pay per hit/impression? Or pay per location?

Sounds fair enough.
Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by Seun(m): 7:46pm On Apr 25, 2012
I meant exactly what I said. Pay for a fixed percentage (e.g. 1%, 6%, 30%) of Nairaland's traffic in a period of time (week)
Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by bendazum: 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2012
I totally disagree with this idea.Who is brainchild to tell Oga Seun what to do.Oga Seun may profit from adsense and mind you nairaland can decide to be different.That is what makes it unique.I urge Oga Seun to dissociate himself from this.He has made his mark in sands of time with people like Mandela whose selfless service to humanity is unparalled.I rest my case.
Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by bendazum: 8:05pm On Apr 25, 2012
I totally disagree with this idea.Who is brainchild to tell Oga Seun what to do.Oga Seun may profit from adsense and mind you nairaland can decide to be different.That is what makes it unique.I urge Oga Seun to dissociate himself from this.He has made his mark in sands of time with people like Mandela whose selfless service to humanity is unparalled.I rest my case. NB:Incase you don't see me again,know that I have been BANNED.
Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by Seun(m): 8:19pm On Apr 25, 2012
@bendazum: what do you disagree with?
Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by bendazum: 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2012
Seun: @bendazum: what do you disagree with?
With the idea of inciting you or forcing your hand to act contrary to your nature.Resist them and they will flee from you.Bind them and they remain BOUND forever,Amen.
Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by bendazum: 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2012
Seun: @bendazum: what do you disagree with?
With the idea of inciting you or forcing your hand to act contrary to your nature.Resist them and they will flee from you.
Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by chrishenzo: 5:13am On Apr 26, 2012
Oga Seun, why not make it pay per click or pay per impression. This gives the advertisers an equal opportunity for their ads to appear.

Try to ad features so that the advertiser will know where the clicks/impressions are coming from(just like google). As since you and your workers will also be visiting the site, make sure that your own impressions/clicks doesn't count.

I am completely in support of the fixed because it will lead to monopoly. Imagine a business man paying to stay there on until thy kingdom come.
Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by stagger: 10:48am On Apr 26, 2012
The issue is this: will Google allow privately advertised campaigns here?

I have Google ads which run very well here on Nairaland with a very high response rate. One advantage that Google has is that ads are rotated based on the content of the page. If Seun starts to accept privately placed ads, how can people like me that have their ads running here 24/7 be assured that my ads will be run round the clock? What algorithm will be used in determining placement of ads and on which pages?

I am also sure that Seun will make more money from Google ads than from privately placed ads. He can do the Maths and see for himself.

For this reason, I am VEHEMENTLY AGAINST this new campaign for Seun to sell ad space. Let the Google Adsense model keep operating here.

1 Like

Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by brainchild78(m): 9:58am On Apr 28, 2012
bendazum: I totally disagree with this idea.Who is brainchild to tell Oga Seun what to do.Oga Seun may profit from adsense and mind you nairaland can decide to be different.That is what makes it unique.I urge Oga Seun to dissociate himself from this.He has made his mark in sands of time with people like Mandela whose selfless service to humanity is unparalled.I rest my case. NB:Incase you don't see me again,know that I have been BANNED.
I can see that you are short sighted and thus have a myopic perspective. Whether any 1 likes it or not, services enjoyed by the masses runs on charges. Google adsense is not the best means of generating revenue for the running of this site as one would have to generate up to 100,000 clicks to receive minimum payment. Selling private ad space is more profitable to the owner of this site. This is exactly what keeps sites like facebook and twitter up and running and generating billions of dollars annually.

1 Like

Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by brainchild78(m): 10:09am On Apr 28, 2012
bendazum: With the idea of inciting you or forcing your hand to act contrary to your nature.Resist them and they will flee from you.
No 1 is forcing Seun to sell ad space. It is just a kind suggestion to enable him to generate more income taking into consideration the amount of traffic he brings in. Nairaland was rated as the most visited site in 2011. Would it give you joy if you fellow Nigerian (like Mr Seun) was amoung the world's top social network billionaires in the ranks of Zukerberge and Murdock.

It seems that we detest change here in Nigeria. Like Aristotle said: "it is understandable if a child is afraid of the dark. However, it is absolutely unforgivable if men are afraid of light."
Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by brainchild78(m): 10:22am On Apr 28, 2012
@stagger google adsense is far more profitable to google.com as opposed to the website owner who enables the ads on his/her site. google pay a fraction of a cent for each click (i.e. 0.10 cents per click). If 100 cents = 1 dollar than at the rate of 0.10 cents per click, a website owner would have to realise up to 1000 clicks just to realise 1 dollar.

Private ads on the other hand generates a lot more depending on the site owner's negotiating skills.
Re: Campaign To Incite Seun To Sell Ad Space To Private Businesses On NL by brainchild78(m): 10:30am On Apr 28, 2012
Seun: I'm planning to sell adverts on "slices" of Nairaland, where a slice of Nairaland represents a fixed percentage of Nairaland's traffic. What do you think about this?
very good incentive. however, i recommend that you do not limit your site to this option. be more flexible and offer multiple options like facebook's advertising schemes to enable you to derive maximum profit. This way you can accomodate different budget capacities of many businesses concerned. At the end every 1 is a winner but you remain the iultimate winner.
Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Few Things You Can Change That Can Make You A Better Person In 2013 / What Reasonable Business Can I Do With 150.000 To 200.000k? / Digital Satellite Finder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.