Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Towards Germany 2006: World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Towards Germany 2006: World Cup (2345 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier / Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by nightrider: 7:12pm On Apr 04, 2006
yeah mochafella thats the spirit.

Joe COLE-ATERAL Damage
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Akolawole(m): 1:54am On Apr 08, 2006
Now lets start with ANGOLA.

This is their opponents:

Mexico, Iran and Portugal.

Do they have any chance in this group?

Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by menike(m): 4:01am On Apr 08, 2006
(One word)

Never
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by JosBoy4Lif(m): 8:07pm On Apr 08, 2006
I think they do, they should be able to beat Iran, and if they can manage and upset against the Mexicans, hey hey then they r through
dont give them much hope beating portugal tho
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by menike(m): 6:12am On Apr 09, 2006
Nah - They can't defeat Mexico , They can't come up wit any upset there cuz that Mexican team plays like a Unit.They play mostly at home so they know themselves. they gat only

Borgetti
Marquez and 3 xtra foreign based playes so It's goin be a sweep or Goal feista
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:38am On Apr 10, 2006
only time go tell, and plus it is good to root 4 the underdogs, watch em how they will surprise the rest of africa, i give the em the most chance, past cote d'ivore
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by mochafella(m): 12:27am On May 24, 2006
erm, fellow NL sports people, can we put all this rabble about Arsenal, Barca, Champions Lge, Chelsea, ManU and the premiership behind us for the season.

Its 2 weeks before the WC in Germany starts, can we resume the discussion and analysis about the 64 games ahead of us. Gracias. smiley smiley
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by GUNNER(f): 12:34am On May 24, 2006
yes oooooooooooooo

WM 4 now
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Badman888(m): 12:44am On May 24, 2006
yup that is the past,

do you guyz think Brazil can win the cup again?
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by GUNNER(f): 12:49am On May 24, 2006
i know say Brazil go win dat cup again  grin

who sabi play Samba  undecided
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by lordimpaq(m): 7:32am On May 24, 2006
i tip spain and holland, to win,

the africans, sorry to say but its only angola and tunisia, that may perform welll,

i just have that feeling angola might surprise ppl,

but they'll let in a lot of goals with that broomstick defence
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by mochafella(m): 5:50pm On May 24, 2006
lordimpaq:

the africans, sorry to say but its only angola and tunisia, that may perform welll,

Hopefully they take advantage of their favourable draw along with Togo. And to think we could have being playing Portugal, Mexico and Iran.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by hucarson(m): 6:47pm On May 24, 2006
@ Akola,

I feel England has a good chance if Rooney can quickly find his form before the tournament kicks off.
England has the best set of finest defenders in Ferdinand,Terry,G.Neville,Carragher and Asley Cole.
The Midfield is also good with the exception of the left side where i think Joe Cole is struggling. In a country like France and Holland,Joe cole will not even make the team.
Unfortunately,the hottest strike partner in England are too short. Owen n Rooney will struggle aerially but Crouch can always come in to help when things turn ugly.

Technically,England should reach the Q-finals but Brazil will always be favourites with the arsenal of stars that makes up the team.
An european team is likely to win because European teams always win on European soils and South American teams always win on other soils apart from Europe.
Brazil is the only team that has managed to break that jinx by winning in Europe in 1958 and winning in Asia in 2002.
The other hot favourites are Holland, Argentina and Italy.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Jackal(m): 7:09pm On May 24, 2006
@ Dr Hucs,
Nice analyxix but ma favourites are Italy and Argentina.

Italy should be the most jinxed country in the world of soccer.
They have been eliminated in the last 4 world cup tournaments to annoying penalty shoot-outs.
If the Azzuris can find their form with Del Piero and Luca Toni working things out then the Italians have a chance.

I also want Argentina to win cos it will be a disaster if the likes of Crespo,Ayala and Aimar dont make an impact this year.
One player to watch is the mercurial Lionel Messi. I am glad he's been included in the star-studded team and i hope he delivers.
I will be very glad if these 2 teams can win it cos i just have a grudge against Brazil.
They shouldn't be winning it everytime.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by spikelord(m): 1:00am On May 25, 2006
Brazil,

Angola, D'u think they'll get anywhere playing against Mexico and Portugal?

I know the Iranians are the Underdogs in that group no doubt about that but remember what the Saudi Arabians played against the former giants of Africa (Cameroon) during the last world cup?
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by menike(m): 4:33pm On May 26, 2006
@Jackal
For the 1st tyme, I accept ya point
Italy and Argentina cud play that Finale
Brazil are my favorites though

@Hucars
England wud be a flop upfront
They seem to mess up when U the stakes
Are hygh (High) . Holland don't have a Chance
Cuz some of their players are rookies just making
Their WC debut, So 2010 cud be their best WC

@Lordimpaq
Spain , I wish cud win it , but they might not
And it makes me sad

@Spikelord
Definitely no African team wud make it , Ivory Coast
Have the Player but they might play like the
Super Eagles of 94 - So I don't really trust them
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by c0dec(m): 12:42am On May 27, 2006

The Italian national squad poses in their Dolce & Gabbana suits ahead of the 2006 World Cup Finals.

na gattuso win this one grin
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Badman888(m): 12:43am On May 27, 2006
bad guys, They look nice on da suit, but i still dont see them having the quality to take the cup, but it can come as a suprise who would take the cup, check out greece in Euro 2k4
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by pie1ect(m): 3:00am On May 29, 2006
Going back to the analysis of the African qualifiers, I don't believe Angola stand any realistic chance even against Iran. I'll look at their opposition.

The mexicans play a very compact game, and they also play as a unit. Not the most stylish team in the world, but very efficient. I don't see Angola beating them or even drawing with them.

Portugal - A more technically and tactically superior team to the other teams in the group, except maybe Mexico. Angola don't really stand a chance against.

Iran - I've got to admit, I don't know much about them. But I'd expect that Angola should be able to give them a run for the meagre money. Might be able to come off with a win or draw.

Verdict - Angola are definitely not going beyond the group stages. Best position they can get is 3rd. That's assuming they beat Iran and Iran lose their two other matches.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by menike(m): 5:41am On May 30, 2006
pie1ect:

Going back to the analysis of the African qualifiers, I don't believe Angola stand any realistic chance even against Iran. I'll look at their opposition.

The mexicans play a very compact game, and they also play as a unit. Not the most stylish team in the world, but very efficient. I don't see Angola beating them or even drawing with them.

Portugal - A more technically and tactically superior team to the other teams in the group, except maybe Mexico. Angola don't really stand a chance against.

Iran - I've got to admit, I don't know much about them. But I'd expect that Angola should be able to give them a run for the meagre money. Might be able to come off with a win or draw.

Verdict - Angola are definitely not going beyond the group stages. Best position they can get is 3rd. That's assuming they beat Iran and Iran lose their two other matches.

Nice Verdict and Analysis , I totally agree wit chu
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by spikelord(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2006
The Italians really stand a chance!
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by spikelord(m): 11:36am On May 31, 2006
The Italians really stand a chance!

(1) (2) (Reply)

IRIB Varzesh Schedules Daily And Live Fixtures On Other Channels / Check What This Guy Said About The Yorubas On Twitter / FG Hands Over Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium To Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.