Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

D'banj Informs It Was Don Jazzy's Idea To Split & Betrayal - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj Informs It Was Don Jazzy's Idea To Split & Betrayal (735 Views)

Your Thoughts On D'banj's "Top Of The World" Music Video / D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture / Don Jazzy Dbanj Split (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

D'banj Informs It Was Don Jazzy's Idea To Split & Betrayal by pckid: 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2012
D'banj has finally spoken on the widely reported split of Mo'hits Records. Speaking to NET publisher, Ayeni Adekunle in London, The entertainer gave an extensive insight into the split and failed partnership - which he called a 'marriage'. He informed that it was all Don Jazzy's idea to end the partnership as far back as June, 2011.

He informed on how he bank rolled and finance alot for their projects including the first studio Don Jazzy had after he disbanded from JJC and 419 Squad in the UK, saying the impressive that Don Jazzy ran the Mo'hits company was all an act.

He said: ‘Don Jazzy was no longer comfortable. You know, we were like fishes out of water, in this new system, starting all over again, like when we returned home in 2004. I got him a place in the US, set up a studio there, just so he’d be comfortable and be able to work without going to hang around the studios. In one year Jazzy did not make a song. I said, maybe you want to go back to Lagos, you’ll get inspiration there?’ I was all about the work, I wanted us to make this happen, so we can bridge that gap and create a path for Africa. But Jazzy wanted us to go back home. And I understand. He’s my friend, my brother’.

‘But I never expected him to do what he did.’ He said to me in July last year ‘Let’s scatter Mohits. He told me there are two captains – two captains cannot be in a ship. I was like ‘that’s not possible, this is a marriage’. He said ‘then this marriage is no longer working’. I said then let’s go for counseling; I asked, so what happens to our children?’

Don Jazzy wanted Mohits, D’banj says. And that happened on April 16, 2012 – after months of a bitter feud, characterized by accusations and counter accusations, widespread speculation, leaked emails and failed reconciliation attempts.

D'banj also informed that there would be a remix to his hit single 'Oliver Twist' that would be released in the UK on May 14.... read more: http://questionmarkmag.com/2012/04/dbanj-speaks-on-mohit-split-don-jazzy-betrayed-me/

(1) (Reply)

Naeto C Ft D'banj - Tony Montana (bad Pass) Remix / Sound Sultan And Wyclef “people Bad Remix” Official Video / Rihanna & Chris Brown To Be Paid 1.6 Billion To Perform In Ivory Coast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.