Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World (13207 Views)

Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) / Katsina Has Highest Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy — NPC / Illiteracy Rate In Nigeria Is Up To 70% - Vc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World by ektbear: 8:51am On Apr 25, 2012
Yeah it seems plausible. The other other Hausa country next to them (Niger) is desperately impoverished and illiterate. The one with Kanuris (Chad) is also desperately impoverish and illiterate.

Perhaps it is just something intrinsic to Hausa/Fulani culture...

Maybe it is their destiny to be illiterate and poor
Re: Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World by princedj(m): 9:23am On Apr 25, 2012
Many children, definite poverty,may God help them.
Re: Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World by Sike(m): 9:55am On Apr 25, 2012
Who cares!
Re: Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World by BahPulo(f): 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
ekt_bear: Yeah it seems plausible. The other other Hausa country next to them (Niger) is desperately impoverished and illiterate. The one with Kanuris (Chad) is also desperately impoverish and illiterate.

Perhaps it is just something intrinsic to Hausa/Fulani culture...

Maybe it is their destiny to be illiterate and poor

You know I was going to read the article and move on since the issue being discussed here is North Nigeria which I must say I know nothing about. however this your post caught my eyes. I don't know anything about the Haussas so I won't comment on them but the fulanis I know. I am one of them and your last sentence that we are destined to be illiterate and poor is the biggest lie you have ever told my dear. If you don't know ask and you will be told but going around making outrageous comment is just ignorant. I was born in Senegal and my parents are from Guinea, these two countries have the highest concentration of fulanis. Not only are the fulanis in these 2 countries educated but also they are business savy, hard working, and well respected among their countrymen. Do we have issues? sur just like any other group in most of subsahara Africa. but are we what you say we are? no we are not.

1 Like

Re: Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World by Kilode1: 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2012
BahPulo:

You know I was going to read the article and move on since the issue being discussed here is North Nigeria which I must say I know nothing about. however this your post caught my eyes. I don't know anything about the Haussas so I won't comment on them but the fulanis I know. I am one of them and your last sentence that we are destined to be illiterate and poor is the biggest lie you have ever told my dear. If you don't know ask and you will be told but going around making outrageous comment is just ignorant. I was born in Senegal and my parents are from Guinea, these two countries have the highest concentration of fulanis. Not only are the fulanis in these 2 countries educated but also they are business savy, hard working, and well respected among their countrymen. Do we have issues? sur just like any other group in most of subsahara Africa. but are we what you say we are? no we are not.

Although you are not Nigerian, but still, it's nice to read someone on here write they are FULANI and not HAUSA-FULANI.

Nice to have you on Nairaland BTW, do post more.
Re: Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World by zumbigbo(m): 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2012
Bah Pulo

Bah, do not mind the ignorant poster, who has no shame calling a group of people illiterate. You see, the majority of Nigerians are the most self-centred, egotistical and parochial people you will ever meet. You mentioned Guinea and Senegal, if you asked ekiti about the wonders of the Fuuta-Jaalo, the bear would rub it's belly then burp a reply. Fula/Peul/Peulh people are renowned for trading from Senegal to Eritrea but due to the highly individual Bleep-up that Nigeria has become, people cannot think beyond the 'Hausa-Fulani' mental prism. Restez tranquille - On ensemble.
Re: Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World by qwest(m): 5:26pm On Apr 25, 2012
Apparently this clueless and inept excuse at Aso rock feels that by building modern structures for the indoctrination of these urchins on Muslim tenets the menace of a Qua ran fueled terrorism in the North will be curbed.And he goes breaching the constitution to enact his misguided incongruity.
Re: Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World by BahPulo(f): 5:28pm On Apr 25, 2012
Bah, do not mind the ignorant poster, who has no shame calling a group of people illiterate. You see, the majority of Nigerians are the most self-centred, egotistical and parochial people you will ever meet. You mentioned Guinea and Senegal, if you asked ekiti about the wonders of the Fuuta-Jaalo, the bear would rub it's belly then burp a reply. Fula/Peul/Peulh people are renowned for trading from Senegal to Eritrea but due to the highly individual Bleep-up that Nigeria has become, people cannot think beyond the 'Hausa-Fulani' mental prism. Restez tranquille - On ensemble.

I just wanted to shed some lights in this matter I see many people refer to us as haussa- fulani in here and the opinions I read about this group here are not nice at all it makes me wonder about the real reason for these resentments their own countrymen have toward them. I don't know much about Nigeria, the only nigerian I am in contact with does not know more than I do lol she is just nigerian by name I tell her that all the time (sorry Nneeka darling if u see this i could not help myself,but I try my best to stay inform. it's not acceptable to have access to a computer, and say certain things. Google is freeeee!
Re: Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World by BahPulo(f): 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2012
Kilode?!:

Although you are not Nigerian, but still, it's nice to read someone on here write they are FULANI and not HAUSA-FULANI.

Nice to have you on Nairaland BTW, do post more.

Well thank you for the welcome, I did not even refer to myself as fulani until recently I am Peul or haalpoulard but most english speakers I meet won't understand when I say peul so now I use fulani when I am dealing with them
Re: Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World by member479760: 7:53pm On Apr 25, 2012
"But Jonathan’s approach is wrong"

The issue can't be solved with 400 schools only. Retardeen needs to copy from Jakande mass education.
Re: Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World by ektbear: 9:11am On Apr 26, 2012
BahPulo:
I just wanted to shed some lights in this matter I see many people refer to us as haussa- fulani in here and the opinions I read about this group here are not nice at all it makes me wonder about the real reason for these resentments their own countrymen have toward them. I don't know much about Nigeria, the only nigerian I am in contact with does not know more than I do lol she is just nigerian by name I tell her that all the time (sorry Nneeka darling if u see this i could not help myself,but I try my best to stay inform. it's not acceptable to have access to a computer, and say certain things. Google is freeeee!

Heh. I don't have any beef towards Fulani from outside of Nigeria. The ones from Guinea and co seem to be mostly fine people.

It is the ones who are in Nigeria who I hate.

For a variety of reasons, not too sure how much sense it makes for you to get offended if I diss the Nigerian ones...
Re: Northern Nigeria Has Highest Child Illiteracy Rate In The World by kinguwem: 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2012
The problem of illiteracy in the North is as a result of the people putting their destinies in the hands of other people. Lack of investment in education has impacted negatively in the lives of the people. The people were easily brained washed by the elites and discouraged from seeking western education. This resulted in lack of skilled labour, prevalence of preventable diseases, religious fanatism, forced/teenage marriages, over-population, indolence, poverty and recently terrorism and other criminal activities. GEJ should be commended for doing what their kinsmen denied them. The master-slave ideology should be abolished in the North for the region to make meaningful progress.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alleged Killing Of Herdsmen: North Raising False Alarm Against Ndigbo — IPOB / VIDEO: Lagos Transport Commissioner Embarrassed At Gani Memorial Event / This Is How Buhari Respected The Christian Faith With His Cap On His Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.