Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos (5445 Views)

Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. / Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants / FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Beaf: 4:18am On Apr 24, 2012
[size=14pt]Govt to build two emergency power plants in Lagos[/size]
Tuesday, 24 April 2012 00:00 JOSHUA BASSEY, PATRICK ATUANYA & PYEMO Afego

The Federal Government on Monday said it would build two emergency power plants in Lagos to ensure adequate power supply in the state.

President Goodluck Jonathan said this at the opening of the 6th Lagos Economic Summit tagged, ``Ehingbeti 2012``.

Jonathan also pledged the resolve of the Federal Government to partner state governments and the private sector towards sustainable power/energy development, in what he believes would galvanise the economic and industrial growth of the country.

The president, represented by Olusegun Aganga, Minister of Trade and Investment, at the Summit with the theme, “From BRICS to BRINCS: Lagos Holds the Key”, which commenced at the Eko Hotel and Suites, also stated the determination of his administration to pursue its transformation agenda to full realisation, with focus on power, transportation and agriculture, as key areas.

He said plans were also in place to build a world-class commodity exchange, in order to encourage investment in agriculture through efficient pricing of agricultural commodities and higher incomes to farmers.

The president noted that given the centrality of Lagos to the overall economic prosperity of Nigeria, his administration was paying particular attention to the state, in terms of power generation, and in this regard, plans were ongoing to redevelop the Egbin power plant and build another such facility in Ijora, through Public Private Partnership (PPP) for which the output would solely be dedicated to serve the power needs of Lagos.

According to the president, specific efforts are being made to address the perennial traffic jams on the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, through the ongoing reconstruction of the road which leads to the nation’s busiest seaports in Apapa and Tincan.

He disclosed that plans were on to build modern parks on the corridor, in partnership with the private sector, in order to address the present challenge, where trucks are left on the expressroad, thereby creating traffic bottlenecks and subjecting road users to great discomfort.

The president informed the gathering, comprising the local and international business communities, top government functionaries and investors, that partnership with Lagos was inevitable because the state accounts for 20.2 percent of Nigeria’s nominal Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and 50.7 percent of non oil GDP, and the highest level consumption in the country.

“We believe that the co-operation of Lagos and the Federal Government is key. We will be extremely supportive of Lagos and any state government” he said.

In the health sector, he said the focus was on the expansion of access to basic services, prevention, improved clinics, quality of care and enhanced participation of the private sector across the health value chain. “We have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (M.O.U) with General Electric to deliver new diagnostic centres and new greenfield hospitals in Nigeria,” he said.

Governor Babatunde Fashola, urging local and international investors to take advantage of the investment-friendly climate in Lagos, said the possibilities in the state were endless.

“We have seen them and we invite you to come along with us. We invite you to take advantage of the dynamic Lagos market opportunities in those critical “PATH” economic areas – power, agriculture, transportation and housing, to address the infrastructure gaps for our collective benefit.”

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/36427-govt-to-build-two-emergency-power-plants-in-lagos
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Revolutnz: 10:06am On Apr 24, 2012
2015 Election campaign starts next year. 1+ 1=2
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2012
When will all these "Want To" become Deeds . . . ?
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by mxxpunkxx: 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2012
a man of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 3:33pm On Apr 24, 2012
mxxpunkxx: a man of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds

Ouch . . . That was below the belt
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Demdem(m): 3:36pm On Apr 24, 2012
another promise from the Retardeen.
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by olajide8(m): 3:37pm On Apr 24, 2012
okay lets see if GEJ isnt just saying it for the purpose of trying to win the sympathy of lagosians
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2012
^^^ I think the Retards are the people that are being promised, see nothing and yet fold hands to wait for more promises
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by OAM4J: 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2012
Fhemmmy: When will all these "Want To" become Deeds . . . ?

Me sef am tired of all these "we plan to"

BTW Fhemmmy, I sent you a PM should be in the email you used to register on NL. Check, I need your response.
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Demdem(m): 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2012
OAM4J:

BTW Fhemmmy, I sent you a PM should be in the email you use to register on NL. Check, I need your response.

My Mod don hammer. u wan buy another car. I need to be employed by seun also. grin grin grin
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2012
OAM4J:

BTW Fhemmmy, I sent you a PM should be in the email you use to register on NL. Check, I need your response.

Please mail me to Femmmy.moto@gmail.com . . . . . The other mail has been compromised.
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by davades(m): 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2012
mxxpunkxx: a man of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds

gringrin gringrin
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by asoebi(m): 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2012
Jona is already preparing himself for 2015 grin grin grin grin, all talks and no action makes jona a retard..... Chai Only for naija
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by mikeokoko: 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2012
aso ebi: Jona is already preparing himself for 2015 grin grin grin grin, all talks and no action makes jona a retard..... Chai Only for naija
True tongue
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 3:54pm On Apr 24, 2012
aso ebi: Jona is already preparing himself for 2015 grin grin grin grin, all talks and no action makes jona a retard..... Chai Only for naija

And i am sure many Nigerians will fall for these promises AGAIN, wonder when we will learn or if we will ever do
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by OAM4J: 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2012
Demdem:

My Mod don hammer. u wan buy another car. I need to be employed by seun also. grin grin grin

hehehehe... Seun no dey pay jor. he be baba Ijebu.

The talk is not about my latest Range Rover, that will happen when I move back home and ready to launch my presidential campaign grin

Fhemmmy:

Please mail me to Femmmy.moto@gmail.com . . . . . The other mail has been compromised.

Ok will do.
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Demdem(m): 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2012
OAM4J:

hehehehe... Seun no dey pay jor. he be baba Ijebu.

The talk is not about[b] my latest Range Rover[/b], that will happen when I move back home and ready to launch my presidential campaign grin

Just make sure its bulletproof. Ensure u have two sons to carryon with ur legacy and ur will well-prepared. Goodluck grin grin
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by stillme(m): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
We dont want promises upon promises. Govt should surprise its citizen for once.
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Guk: 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2012
When would we stop hearing we shall or govt to??

When will we start hearing, as we promised, this is now working and running and satisfying the needs of the citizens of nigeria....or is it too much to do or ask for??
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by ziccoit: 4:21pm On Apr 24, 2012
Emergency ke This GEJ just de use people head play ping pong de go. He never succeed create a normal one he de talk of emergency.
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 4:24pm On Apr 24, 2012
OAM4J:
Ok will do.

Seen and acted on it . . . I feel honored, Sir
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 4:32pm On Apr 24, 2012
Why did we put this on the front page? We are tired of the never fulfilled promises and it would be alright when we are told "the government built two emergency power plants in Lagos".
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by blacksta(m): 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2012
we will , i will - anyway Nigerians are very foolish people - oya swallow this one hook, line and sinker
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2012
blacksta: we will , i will - anyway Nigerians are very foolish people - oya swallow this one hook, line and sinker

Hurtful but truthful
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by emmke(m): 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2012
Mr. President lets just see ONE deed. Just ONE deed, sir.
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 6:31pm On Apr 24, 2012
emmke: Mr. President lets just see ONE deed. Just ONE deed, sir.

That is all we are asking and begging for
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by hunterden: 7:47pm On Apr 24, 2012
awon were ..dem don start again...it shall not be well with them..with all dis thier promises...awon oloshi gbo gbo
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by SkyBlue1: 7:50pm On Apr 24, 2012
These promises are beginning to give headache. It might be better to not say anything and just deliver, we will see for ourselves. Meanwhile, what is the opposition doing? They won't make anymoves till 3 days to election and then expect to pry presidency from a better established party by magic. Short term thinking might just be the death of this country.
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2012
hunterden: awon were ..dem don start again...it shall not be well with them..with all dis thier promises...awon oloshi gbo gbo

Lol . . Take am easy oh
Re: Govt To Build Two Emergency Power Plants In Lagos by dokunbam(m): 8:21pm On Apr 24, 2012
Na today?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon Mourns Ex ASUU President With Big Grammar / it is two countries..-- AdeMusiwa / Download Video As Boko Haram Members Flee Sambisa Forest Over Military Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.