Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE (1389 Views)

Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years / Nigeria Must Say Goodbye To Ethnicity And Say Hello To Merit. Sen Murray Bruce / Governor Flogs PHCN Manager For Power Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by subterfuge: 4:56am On Apr 24, 2012
I live in IKOYI ,Park View Estate.for the past 3 months , i have been running on Generators. No power at all. No back-up at all from NEPA. Why is it so/even when the Proud FAILURE PROF: BaTH Nnaji is struggling to further extort the pockets of the Nigerians further by way of increased electricity tariffs. Where is the justification?? Is jonathan supplying power to Ghost??. Power that we cannot see?
Yet the nincompou / infidel/ gay is giving the notice that he he has a second term to complete his failure.
What kind of a nation is this
Once i am done with this writeup, several good for nothing hypocretes /sycophants will start defending failure, as if they have never been to Ghana, Cameroun, even Corrupt Ivory coast have steady /stable power supply.
When will GENEGIRIA NOT NIGERIA BE NORMAL AGAIN
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by subterfuge: 6:46am On Apr 28, 2012
Come-On what is really happening in this GENEGERIA.My area still in ToTal black out!!!!!
Getting really sick of the Loud sounds and Heat and Carbon coming from these generators arround my house. Will it ever stop?
Some idiots say that Nigeria, soRry. GENEGERIa is too large for jonathan to rule!!!
Is that an acceptable excuse for. 100% power failure ans gen bokoharam menace
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by Gbawe: 7:11am On Apr 28, 2012
"Fresh air" innit.
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by Kilode1: 8:22am On Apr 28, 2012
subterfuge: Come-On what is really happening in this GENEGERIA.My area still in ToTal black out!!!!!
Getting really sick of the Loud sounds and Heat and Carbon coming from these generators arround my house. Will it ever stop?
Some idiots say that Nigeria, soRry. GENEGERIa is too large for jonathan to rule!!!
Is that an acceptable excuse for. 100% power failure ans gen bokoharam menace

I feel your pain.

Bros. BTW, seeing that you posted this four days ago then came back again to scream about it. I'll recommend vacation.

I'll recommend places far from Lagos, places where electricity won't even matter.

There is a village/town close to Ikogosi warm springs in Ekiti State, it's a small town with one or two manageable motels. You can rent a room and spend your day listening to stories from old folks or hanging out with local people in the evening after their farm work. Very friendly people, Very relaxing experience.

There are several other quaint towns close to the SW that will offer similar peace and tranquility with little to no generator noise and fumes. Many in the North, East and SS too.

I can list them if you are interested. It's all about your desire for peace and quiet. Most locals understand or just tell them you came to write.

If that is too far from Ikoyi, I have a few other ones closer to Lagos:

1. Visit the nearest catholic church/retreat or convent and ask to stay with them for a few days, very relaxing, very rewarding quiet time. Making a charitable contribution will help.

2. Take a drive to Eleko or one of those beaches Far from the city, rent one of the Beach houses or tents and pay those local boys to guard at night for a few days, just enjoy quiet walks during the day and relax at night. No need for electricity.

3. If your income permits, drive across the border to Cotonou, rent a small motel, visit the markets and walk the streets during the day, rest at night, There's light!

There are several quiet and small towns close to Lagos, Hanging out on the front porches with old folks at Ilesa was a good experience too.

Bros, I wish you well, don't let these people run you mad.

BTW, did you vote during the last election?

2 Likes

Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by Gbawe: 8:43am On Apr 28, 2012
Kilode?!:

I feel your pain.

Bros. BTW, seeing that you posted this four days ago then came back again to scream about it. I'll recommend vacation.

I'll recommend places far from Lagos, places where electricity won't even matter.

There is a village/town close to Ikogosi warm springs in Ekiti State, it's a small town with one or two manageable motels. You can rent a room and spend your day listening to stories from old folks or hanging out with local people in the evening after their farm work. Very friendly people, Very relaxing experience.

There are several other quaint towns close to the SW that will offer similar peace and tranquility with little to no generator noise and fumes. Many in the North, East and SS too.

I can list them if you are interested. It's all about your desire for peace and quiet. Most locals understand or just tell them you came to write.

1. Visit the nearest catholic church/retreat or convent and ask to stay with them for a few days, very relaxing, very rewarding quiet time. Making a charitable contribution will help.

2. Take a drive to Eleko or one of those beaches Far from the city, rent one of the Beach houses or tents and pay those local boys to guard at night for a few days, just enjoy quiet walks during the day and relax at night. No need for electricity.

3. If your income permits, drive across the border to Cotonou, rent a small motel, visit the markets and walk the streets during the day, rest at night, There's light!

There are several quiet and small towns close to Lagos, Hanging out on the front porches with old folks at Ilesa was a good experience too.

You are one bad mother fk grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@OP.

On a serious note, I feel your pain. There is even a thread I posted a while back, that shows my frustration similar to yours. I had just arrive in Lagos after staying in Accra and some other west African cities for a while. I was mad as hell at the sheer prehistoric conditions in Lagos that meant we had to use the gen for at least 16 hours in my Surulere home. The noise at night was unbearable. Let us not even get into the palpable pollution you can tell is damaging your health via inducing asthma and more serious conditions.

Everything, simplistically, boils down to Nigerians opening their eyes , taking lessons from history, looking at the records of the candidates for the top job in the land, shunning ethnic/religious bias, and voting for the candidate they feel is least compromised by the "owners" of Nigeria to the point he will be entirely useless and inactive, as GEJ is, once granted ultimate power.

We did not do this in 2011 and I hope we won't repeat the same mistake in 2015 because that will only give rise to you having to come here in 2017 and repeat this same cry of frustration.
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by aljharem(m): 8:49am On Apr 28, 2012
Kilode?!:

I feel your pain.

i wan die grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the last question just killed me and afam4eva here grin grin grin grin
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by Gbawe: 9:00am On Apr 28, 2012
alj harem:

i wan die grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the last question just killed me and afam4eva here grin grin grin grin

That is why I called Kilode a bad mother fk grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by PhysicsQED(m): 9:48am On Apr 28, 2012
lol @ Genegeria
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by strangerf: 10:35am On Apr 28, 2012
Kilode?!:

I feel your pain.

Interesting!
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by Afam4eva(m): 11:26am On Apr 28, 2012
This nation is on the downward slide and it's sliding faster than ever before. I can't believe that in 2012, we're still talking about power in the largest black nation in the world like we love to refer to ourselves. I see no reason why every leader that have ruled this country should not take their turn to shoot themselves in the head one after the other in Eagle's square in the full glare of Nigerians.
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by Gbawe: 11:59am On Apr 28, 2012
afam4eva: This nation is on the downward slide and it's sliding faster than ever before. I can't believe that in 2012, we're still talking about power in the largest black nation in the world like we love to refer to ourselves. I see no reason why every leader that have ruled this country should not take their turn to shoot themselves in the head one after the other in Eagle's square in the full glare of Nigerians.

+100.

It does not help either that Nigerians themselves remain so divided along ethnic,religious and sectional lines to the extent that, time and time again, they will vote in a complete zero simply because they feel they are denying others of power. Even now, despite taking the Nation backwards and causing so much unhealthy division, the sabre-rattlers are telling us that GEJ must complete 8 years.

It is clear Nigerian is working only for those at the centre from all the ethnic groups of Nigeria. The next best thing, in the face of a wicked central system determined to subjugate 160 million folks for the sake of a few thouasands, is for every region to find ways of uniting and breaking the shackles of regression the PDP-led centre has bound us with. We allow a man who would struggle to administer a local Government become President only to then be lamenting that things are not going well. I think many non-Nigerians will agree that Fela , aptly, got it right when he labelled us "original sufferheads".
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by otokx(m): 1:06pm On Apr 28, 2012
We have many certified illiterates who have a poverty mentality which is compounded by religious confusion.
The OP may wish to adapt to the madness in a silent manner as some of us or relocate to saner climes.
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by Kilode1: 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2012
Lol@ Gbawe and Alhaji, Hmmm, just trying to help ni o.

I really feel sorry for OP though. It can be frustrating. But Generator noise is a rich naija man's problem though.

#random: I wonder why Seun hid our location signatures deep inside the profile page.
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by Kilode1: 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2012
Fstranger, Ki lo n sele? Bawo ni east coast?

BTW, Sango still has no passport, Olukoso Oko oya can be anywhere he wants, anytime.
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by onandon: 2:41pm On Apr 28, 2012
The power thing is sickening, something is making majority of Nigerians ignorant and it's poverty. People just focus solely on putting meals on their tables while these thieving politicians suck our wealth. No one cares, "all man for himself" .. My brain is too advanced for this so called country to dull, I'm leaving soon, can't stand the bondage anymore. I'm sitting here sweating like a fool cos of lack of power supply, a friend traveled out of the country( to S.A) for the first time, he came back after 2 Weeks and he was almost crying when he was comparing S.A to Nigeria. He was so emotional about the whole thing that he was hitting his hand on the table in anger while talking to me. Why can't I just wake up put on my TV turn on the a/c and have my girlfriend come over to chill? Why can't I stock the fridge up with food and drinks ? I'm just laid down here sweating like mfckr in this hot weather after spending money on an air conditioner, nepa bills and tax. Men what d fck ! I'm leaving soon, fck patriotism.
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by Kilode1: 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2012
onandon: The power thing is sickening, something is making majority of Nigerians ignorant and it's poverty. People just focus solely on putting meals on their tables while these thieving politicians suck our wealth. No one cares, "all man for himself" .. My brain is too advanced for this so called country to dull, I'm leaving soon, can't stand the bondage anymore. I'm sitting here sweating like a fool cos of lack of power supply, a friend traveled out of the country( to S.A) for the first time, he came back after 2 Weeks and he was almost crying when he was comparing S.A to Nigeria. He was so emotional about the whole thing that he was hitting his hand on the table in anger while talking to me. Why can't I just wake up put on my TV turn on the a/c and have my girlfriend come over to chill? Why can't I stock the fridge up with food and drinks ? I'm just laid down here sweating like mfckr in this hot weather after spending money on an air conditioner, nepa bills and tax. Men what d fck ! I'm leaving soon, fck patriotism.

Channel the frustration bro. Channel it. Or you can try a few of my suggestions above.

Better still, I can recommend a few groups working hard to ensure Nigerians vote In credible leaders at the next election. You can work with them before you leave. Because even if you go abroad, you'll probably still have to subsidize a few family members from abroad. You can't totally escape Nigeria.

I wish you well bro.
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by nuclearboy(m): 3:26pm On Apr 28, 2012
grin

Abeg Kilode,

What are these groups and how can one join them? We have 3 years & the earlier we start, the better!;
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by aljharem(m): 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2012
Gbawe:

That is why I called Kilode a bad mother fk grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na die my brother grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Kilode is one sarcastic man grin grin grin
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by Kilode1: 3:47pm On Apr 29, 2012
nuclearboy: grin

Abeg Kilode,

What are these groups and how can one join them? We have 3 years & the earlier we start, the better!;

For now, I'll recommend these 3 groups below. Give them a good look and join them, they need all the help they can get.

If you prefer the old hands, you can look into Save Nigeria Group and the CLO.

Whatever you do, just try to vote credible people, punish underperformers and looters and more importantly, get those whom you have influence over to do the same. If your people make bad choices, it's bound to affect you. Even if you run away from Nigeria, you'll still have to carry the burden by subsidizing them with western union.

http://eienigeria.org/about-us

http://my.20millionyouthsfor2015.org/register.php

http://www.nigeriansdemand.com/the-manifesto/?mobify=0
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by subterfuge: 4:33pm On Apr 29, 2012
But on a second thought, can the Government of Goodluck jonathan mass purchase different categories of solar panels, for onward distribution to the general public, so as to divert attention away from generator usage and its attendant hazards as noise and carbon monoxide air poisoning and eventual ozone layer dplation over nigeria or Genegeria. Our many political sycophants should be educated about the ultimate efect of ozone layer depletion. Let them know that even the president will die too when he has to go out to public functions.
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by cheikh: 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2012
Kilode?!:
I feel your pain.

@^^ grin grin grin grin RFLMAO

Bro Kilode?!: you're definitely a danger to society grin grin and with the killer question it's something else grin grin
The Cotonou advice is actually very refreshing and an eye opener for the average Naija trying to make sense of our idiosyncrasy. I love the Ilesa advice too.
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by cheikh: 6:15pm On Apr 29, 2012
Kilode?!:
I feel your pain.

@^^ grin grin grin grin RFLMAO

Bro Kilode?!: you're definitely a danger to society grin grin and with the killer question it's something else grin grin
The Cotonou advice is actually very refreshing and an eye opener for the average Naija trying to make sense of our idiosyncrasy. I love the Ilesa advice too.
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by cheikh: 6:34pm On Apr 29, 2012
subterfuge
But on a second thought, can the Government of Goodluck jonathan mass purchase different categories of solar panels, for onward distribution to the general public, so as to divert attention away from generator usage and its attendant hazards as noise and carbon monoxide air poisoning and eventual ozone layer dplation over nigeria or Genegeria. Our many political sycophants should be educated about the ultimate efect of ozone layer depletion. Let them know that even the president will die too when he has to go out to public functions.

@^^ Bros it's rather too high minded/optimistic of you to contemplate such ^^ or expect the so called political sycophants and lucky Joe to think creatively. He is very much aware of environmental pollution. He's from Bayelsa and must have seen the effects of such environmental damage around him. They use generators at Aso rock too but perhaps theirs might be a little "noiseless"/high end. That's the naija way sad shocked. It's also a status symbol so you have to re-orientate yourself. I sympathise with you and perhaps share your pain too wink. It is a national shame and tragedy.
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by babaniyen1(m): 2:36am On Apr 30, 2012
The power situation is really terrible. Honestly i want to believe that jonny is supplying ghost our electricity because in regards to all the funds that they have been spending the power just get worst. Cant they just live it the way it was before. y must it b worse. I stay in d FCT and since d begining of dis year light has been worse which has not been so. If u ask dem dey would say low gas, low water level now rain has started falling, dey re saying dam leakage. Cant u c dis people re just crazy
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by Musiwa51: 3:47am On Apr 30, 2012
i start laughing when they show a power station some few minute ago on one of nigeria television station.. there is no electricity.. even i that live abroad, I can tell you that.. They have no electricity in Nigeria.

They hardly have less than 2 hours of supply in 99% of Nigeria... So I hate propaganda. If we tell ourself the truth. We would be able to solve the problem. Not image laundry been used by the government. they is no improvement in electricity in Nigeria.

I hate when people talk about not having gas.. it shows they dont know anything about electricity.. or how to fix it..

Why are we call engineers, it is not because we know more than others. If no gas, now as an engineer who claim to be a professor what do you do.??

Let Nnaji design a system now. him claim say, him be engineer now. you see say engineer pass engineer.

solution dey my hand.. Not for internet.
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by etimek: 4:12pm On Apr 30, 2012
MY GUY DONT BOTHER YOUR HEAD. YOUR GOODLUCK THAT YOU VOTED, IS SHOWING YOU ALL THAT HE IS AN INFIDEL.
I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT SOON HE WILL COME AGAIN WITH THE USUAL ROADMAP TO COMPLETE BLACKOUT MAY BE VERY SOON.
THE MAN IS A SAD THIEF, LOOTING HIS OWN LOOT AND PLOTTING HIS WAY TRHERE FOR ANOTHER NMISERABLE FOUR YEARS OF FAILURE , VICE AND MISERY.
JUST TRY AND BUY YOUR OWN TIGER GENERATOR BECAUSE TILL THIS EVIL GOODLUCK LEAVES, YOU WILL NOT SEE LIGHT.
NOW HE EVEN WANTS TO KILL OSHIOMOLE ANE MAYBE OTHER TRUE PATRIOTS, WHY?
Re: What Have We Done To Merit 100% EFFICIENT POWER FAILURE by cheikh: 7:18pm On Apr 30, 2012
@subterfuge

winkas Bro Kilode?!: suggested earlier, if you have the time/surplus income, you may consider crossing the border- head for Porto-Novo(R.P.Benin). There is a very inspiring place called Project Songhai(Porto-Novo) which incidentally is created and run by a very creative (Nigerian) catholic reverend father. Believe me such a place will go a long way in alleviating your pain/naija exhaustion. I believe that you'll come away with some inspiring thoughts and definitely reinvigorated/energised for the challenges of Naija after your short sojourn at the Project Songhai. Trust me you'll forget about Naija or be positively inspired while holidaying at the place. If you are single, Porto-Novo babes are positively disposed towards Nigerians and they speak/understand Yoruba too. It is technically the Yoruba speaking part of R.P. Benin. They accept Naira too grin wink. I sincerely wish you well and do not give up Bro wink.

(1) (Reply)

It’s Only In Anambra We’re Harassed, Intimidated-arewa Renaissance / PDP Tackles Tinubu Over US Democratic National Convention / President Mustn’t Die Before His Re-election, Asari-dokubo Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.