Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger (4583 Views)

Senate Summons COAS Buratai Over Shiite Muslim Killings In Zaria / Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / Buhari Meets With Julius Berger Board Of Directors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by talktrue1(m): 10:21am On Apr 24, 2012
Senate yesterday summoned top managements of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), Julius Berger Plc and Federal Aviation Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) over failure by British Airways to land and disembark passengers for over one and a half hours last Saturday.
Also summoned is the management of the National Integrated Power Project (NIPP).

The airport was in darkness for the duration after four of its power generating sets packed up after interruption from the PHCN.
They are expected to appear before the Senate Aviation Committee to explain why the airport was thrown into darkness for several hours, necessitating the BA flight to hover around Abuja airspace for one and a half hours.

Committee Chairman, Senator Hope Uzodinma told newsmen after a tour of the facilities at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja that the blackout was the third incident in three months.
He described the incident as unacceptable, adding that PHCN retrieved a dedicated line from the airport and gave it to the host community.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/apr/24/national-24-04-2012-0031.html
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by Okijajuju1(m): 10:30am On Apr 24, 2012
talk true: Senate yesterday summoned top managements of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), Julius Berger Plc and Federal Aviation Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) over failure by British Airways to land and disembark passengers for over one and a half hours last Saturday.
Also summoned is the management of the National Integrated Power Project (NIPP).

The airport was in darkness for the duration after four of its power generating sets packed up after interruption from the PHCN.
They are expected to appear before the Senate Aviation Committee to explain why the airport was thrown into darkness for several hours, necessitating the BA flight to hover around Abuja airspace for one and a half hours.

Committee Chairman, Senator Hope Uzodinma told newsmen after a tour of the facilities at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja that the blackout was the third incident in three months.
He described the incident as unacceptable, adding that PHCN retrieved a dedicated line from the airport and gave it to the host community.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/apr/24/national-24-04-2012-0031.html

And they say the government isnt working!
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 24, 2012
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by EagleNest(m): 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2012
Some people are playing with fire! What a shame of a country. International airport!
There is sabotage somewhere. PHCN People got no conscience. Shame! Shame! Shame!
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 24, 2012
Nation-wide problem.
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by omenziate(m): 5:33pm On Apr 24, 2012
What sector is even working functioning in dis country sef? Aviation , health, bank, oil and gas and agric all in shambles, how we go grow for dis country?
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by LogicMind: 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2012
and who has been summoned for power failures elsewhere? nigeria is not limited to airports.

1 Like

Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by executinal(m): 5:46pm On Apr 24, 2012
talk true: Senate yesterday summoned top managements of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), Julius Berger Plc and Federal Aviation Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) over failure by British Airways to land and disembark passengers for over one and a half hours last Saturday.

Committee Chairman, Senator Hope Uzodinma told newsmen after a tour of the facilities at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja that the blackout was the [size=18pt]third incident in three months[/size].

Nigeria Capital. Naija i hail grin grin
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by Sijo01(f): 6:02pm On Apr 24, 2012
So, d senate hv 2wait til power outage turns int'l embarasmnt b4 surmorin doz in charge. Too, too bad!!!
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by GboyegaD(m): 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2012
Why were they concerned if I may ask? Was it because they value the lives of Nigerians or some had family members on board because they have never shown any care over the life of the suffering masses.
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by juman(m): 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2012
Logic Mind: and who has been summoned for power failures elsewhere? nigeria is not limited to airports.
True. The power supply is not improving.
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by Bawss1(m): 6:19pm On Apr 24, 2012
Why is Julius Berger in that list? Do they provide electricity to the airport?
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by tunde1200(m): 6:19pm On Apr 24, 2012
when do we have light in city?
when is this government stop playing games with us?
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by benugo(m): 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2012
It's high time leadership of nigeria strengthened-up. If our leaders aren't ready to lead, they should invite the british to take over.It's high time leadership of nigeria strengthened-up. If our leaders aren't ready to lead, they should invite the british to take over.It's high time leadership of nigeria strengthened-up. If our leaders aren't ready to lead, they should invite the british to take over.
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by otokx(m): 6:24pm On Apr 24, 2012
The airport should be privatized
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2012
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by Reference(m): 6:47pm On Apr 24, 2012
Bawss1: Why is Julius Berger in that list? Do they provide electricity to the airport?

They built the damn thing so they will know who's lying when the mudslinging starts. Imagine. Giving the dedicated line to the host community who have been obviously enjoying UPS hitherto. Ha, ha. I'm sure land around the airport will probably be selling like hot beer.
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by Eazeee(m): 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2012
Logic Mind: and who has been summoned for power failures elsewhere? nigeria is not limited to airports.

u just said my mind exactly. i can boldly tel u dat d only tin consistent about power supply in oda parts of d con3 is its inconsistency. nigeria is already a failed state.because it now affects d mighty in d society cos i can bet dat no poor man even go near an airport datz y dey are now calling phcn 2 oda. EVEN A SICK YAR'ADUA IS FAR BETA DAN DIS DUDE IN ASO ROCK
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by Reference(m): 6:53pm On Apr 24, 2012
chaircover: Absolutely, I think its time to start privatizing some of these sectors

Its high time that they stopped placing peoples lives at risk. What if that plane didn't have enough fuel to hover around for the 90 minutes?

He can land on the Yaradua boulevard (airport road). Its wide and smooth and incidentally built by Julius Berger. The street lights shine like a million stars ALWAYS. Just brake before the Kuje interchange or before you hit a Julius Berger catterpillar. This Julius Berger sef.
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by neymar11: 7:20pm On Apr 24, 2012
Some people are playing with fire! What a shame of a country. International airport![img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by damilola15: 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2012
Hypocrites maybe they could start by asking why electricity is like an August visitor, Or probably why there's no street light.

Hell no! Just realised Nigeria is on the list of failed states and yes if was the list of best students we'd qualify for a scholarship.
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by anishe(m): 7:34pm On Apr 24, 2012
It's normal for electricity failure to occur in Nigeria. Why are we crying because it's Abuja airport.

What about the citizens that have been thrown into darkness for only God knows number of years.
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by oderemo(m): 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2012
i am coming this friday , hope not stay more than necessary in the air. grin grin
oye la, taba fe omo loju ariran. grin grin
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by coolguy2002: 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2012
what a hell
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:07pm On Apr 24, 2012
omenziate: What sector is even working functioning in dis country sef? Aviation , health, bank, oil and gas and agric all in shambles, how we go grow for dis country?

^^^Well 'corruption' sector is running at 100% installed capacity. We no fit carry last for that one.
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by nagoma(m): 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2012
When are they going to summon somebody for the near absence of electric power in our homes our offices , our closed down and comatose factories , hospitals schools and virtually everywhere. I am sick , I am tired, I am angry and hateful.
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by beautifulzerah(f): 11:24pm On Apr 24, 2012
We shouldn't be surprised at all. Blackout is one of the diseases fast spreading in Nigeria.
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by Kevinbright: 12:08am On Apr 25, 2012
They are not serious. Ok, what have they done in restoring power to our higher institutions. UI students went on protesting because of lack of power supply. I'm sure this is not Jonathan wishes to Nigerians. GEJ is confused!
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 25, 2012
This is laughable. For no reason there's power failure in the capital city airport. Only in Nigeria such thing happens without alerting the people first about the plan.I sure believe there is no backup for that airport.
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by iKoksi(m): 4:13am On Apr 25, 2012
omenziate: What sector is even working functioning in dis country sef? Aviation , health, bank, oil and gas and agric all in shambles, how we go grow for dis country?
guess a senator was onboard.

1 Like

Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by iKoksi(m): 4:22am On Apr 25, 2012
Reference:

He can land on the Yaradua boulevard (airport road). Its wide and smooth and incidentally built by Julius Berger. The street lights shine like a million stars ALWAYS. Just brake before the Kuje interchange or before you hit a Julius Berger catterpillar. This Julius Berger sef.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i just dey laf sha but inside my mind fear dey catch me as i go enta abuja saturday wiv same ba. maybe i go buy touch-lights give pilot!
God abeg...oh
Re: Power Failure At Abuja Airport: Senate Summons PHCN, Julius Berger by Eazeee(m): 5:11am On Apr 25, 2012
blackouts happen everywhere,we shud learn 2 live wit it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Catholic Priest To Contest For Governor Of Cross River State (photos) / LIVE! Aisha Buhari Campaigning For ‘one Nigeria’ In Owerri & THIS Happened (pics / Aba Unrest.....please Report The Situation In Your Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.