Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,710 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Nahco Worker Returns 25,000 Pounds Found Inside Aircraft - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nahco Worker Returns 25,000 Pounds Found Inside Aircraft (964 Views)

Nigerian Customs Re-opened NAHCO / NAHCO Re-opened : AIT News / Customs Shutdown NAHCO And SAHCOL Warehouses, any One Knows Anything Pls Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nahco Worker Returns 25,000 Pounds Found Inside Aircraft by Blendy77(f): 10:33am On Apr 24, 2012
NAHCO WORKER RETURNS 25,000 POUNDS FOUND INSIDE AIRCRAFT

FOR his rare show of honesty, Turkish Airlines has rewarded a staff of the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company, NAHCO, Mr Salami Lateef Ibrahim with an all expensive paid returned tickets to Istanbul, Turkey for returning the sum of 25,000 pounds and 5,000 euro he found inside an aircraft at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

Ibrahim, who is a cabin cleaning team leader, found the wallet containing the amount during a routine cleaning of an aircraft belonging to a different airline.

The NAHCO staff who was initially rewarded with a rebate ticket by the Turkish Airlines Station Manager at the airport, Mr. Ovunc Bilgen had the ticket upgraded to a full return ticket by the Managing Director of the airline in Nigeria, Mr. Ali Bulut, saying that ‘Mr Ibrahim deserves it for his honesty.’

He said that ‘this is an act that should be rewarded and encouraged because it is good for aviation industry in Nigeria,’ adding that ‘even though the incident did not take place on Turkish Airlines’ aircraft, we are happy that it happened at least in the industry.

According to him, ‘where I come from, good behavior is rewarded even if it is not directly to you. We appreciate Ibrahim so much and this is worthy of emulation for other aviation personnel that they must be trusted at all time and that good gesture such as this will surely be rewarded.’

‘We are rewarding him with full free return ticket to Istanbul and would be assisted in issuance of his visa for the trip as well’ Mr Bulut added.

On his part, Ibrahim disclosed that ‘when I found the wallet inside the aircraft while cleaning it, I submitted it to security and airline personnel and the passenger came to collect the wallet in my presence. I want to thank Turkish Airlines for rewarding me on this. I thank them’.

It was also discovered that the same act happened in September 11, 2009 where Ibrahim found another wallet on the airline in question’s aircraft with large amount which he cannot recalled the amount and he returned it to the owner. A letter of commendation was given to him by NAHCO for this praiseworthy act.

CULLED FROM: http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=3892

NAHCO worker returns 25,000 pounds found inside aircraf

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Be Your Own Boss And Employ Others / Searching For A Biz?become A Distributor With Just 7k / Who Is This Guy Calld “ucmrnice”? Uche Enwereji•is His Business Proposal Genuine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.