Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,378 members, 7,815,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Sci-fi Series - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Sci-fi Series (1538 Views)

2014 MOVIE TRAILERS: List of Top Action, SCI-FI And Superhero Movies / The First Ever Sci-fi Movie Made In Nigeria; ” The Day They Came” / The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sci-fi Series by chima2011: 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2012
Please can some one recommend a good sci-fi series to me like
Smallvile
Heroes
Re: Sci-fi Series by chima2011: 11:35am On Apr 25, 2012
@ laralopez
Give me example of some interesting ones that u‘ve watched,I mean ones with nice graphics
Re: Sci-fi Series by Luluvich(m): 10:33am On May 11, 2012
try battlestar galactica, sanctuary, star gate and Grimm.
Re: Sci-fi Series by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
chima2011: Please can some one recommend a good sci-fi series to me like
Smallvile
Heroes

Fringe.
Re: Sci-fi Series by newguy1(m): 9:19am On Aug 29, 2014
This is mine srting frm my fav
1. Teranova.....cancelled after season 1
2.defiance....presently on second season
3..falling skies.... On Season 5
4. Being human.
5. Continuum. Season 3
6.heflix.
7.orphan black .... Dis shd b my number 3
8.dracula.
Re: Sci-fi Series by Luluvich(m): 11:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
Try lost girl. it's awesome.
Re: Sci-fi Series by RayMcBlue(m): 7:48am On Aug 30, 2014
If you want pure sci-fi themed TV shows, the list below will go a long way in alleviating that:

-Stargate Atlantis
-Battlestar Galactica
-Fringe
-Sanctuary
-Continuum
-Defiance
-Orphan Black
-Caprica
-Star Trek
-Extant
-The After
-Black Mirror
-Falling Skies
-Haven
-The Listener
-The Andromeda Strain
-Heroes
-Lost
-ReGenesis

NB: Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head BTW.
Re: Sci-fi Series by cao(f): 10:36am On Sep 05, 2014
@RayMcBlue, that's a good off the top of your head list.
Note to OP, there are two versions of Being Human - the original UK version & the US remake. I've only watched the UK version, which was a brilliant series that originally started as a one-off pilot.

Don't use good graphics as milestone, 'cause you'd be surprised how many good sci-fi shows have questionable graphics. I know Defiance is a hit & miss show for some folks, but I love it. Plus, the Votan ships look like Bluetooth headsets and there's some really questionable CGI. Geez, most syfy channel shows suffer from really terrible CGI.

Orphan Black should be on your top must watch list, Tatiana Maslany should win every acting award. Dumb Emmys!

I'll toss out one proper odd sci-fi show I love, that got cancelled & is highly ignored/unknown - The Middleman (it's not hard to find it on YouTube). You could also try Doctor Who...

Re: Sci-fi Series by Kezifils(m): 11:47am On Sep 05, 2014
RayMcBlue: If you want pure sci-fi themed TV shows, the list below will go a long way in alleviating that:

-Stargate Atlantis
-Battlestar Galactica
-Fringe
-Sanctuary
-Continuum
-Defiance
-Orphan Black
-Caprica
-Star Trek
-Extant
-The After
-Black Mirror
-Falling Skies
-Haven
-The Listener
-The Andromeda Strain
-Heroes
-Lost
-ReGenesis

NB: Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head BTW.

You'hv mentioned it all.
Re: Sci-fi Series by Kezifils(m): 11:56am On Sep 05, 2014
RayMcBlue:

-The After
-Black Mirror
-The Andromeda Strain

-ReGenesis

The shows on your list I haven't watched yet. I wish I had a friend like u closeby who loves movies as well as series like u do. All of my buddies fall asleep the second I put on a movie.
Re: Sci-fi Series by RayMcBlue(m): 5:01am On Sep 06, 2014
Thanks for the mention, cao. You were absolutely right about Orphan Black and the idiocy of the Emmy voters. Tatiana Maslany getting the snub was like a punch in the stomach. angry

Kezifils, thanks for the kind words, it feels good to be appreciated. smiley
Re: Sci-fi Series by cao(f): 6:18am On Sep 06, 2014
Not once, but twice.
The first time - I went "Hey, it's a new show, they don't know any better."
The second time - "Die you frakking toasters!" And other less user friendly words. Seriously, it felt like a personal insult. I was contemplating witchcraft to bring Helena to life, just to send her to the Emmy voters... angry

Re: Sci-fi Series by RayMcBlue(m): 7:37am On Sep 06, 2014
cao: Not once, but twice.
The first time - I went "Hey, it's a new show, they don't know any better."
The second time - "Die you frakking toasters!" And other less user friendly words. Seriously, it felt like a personal insult. I was contemplating witchcraft to bring Helena to life, just to send her to the Emmy voters... angry
grin grin

It's all politics. Perhaps, It had something to do with BBC America being relatively new in the American Television scenery. The major players and veterans always getting more precedence than the newbies and all that... angry
Re: Sci-fi Series by dhameelolar(m): 10:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
Fringe

(1) (Reply)

Startime Or Gotv Which One Make Sense / Tacha Solidarity Movement Calls For Nationwide Protest / Download Movie: Bloodshot 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.