Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,460 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Dessert Thread - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dessert Thread (1055 Views)

My 2 In 1 Panel (fondant/dessert) Cakes (photos) / Foreign Dishes, Fruits And Dessert... ( Nutrients $ Benefits ) / How About Some Albino Burmese Python For Dessert? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dessert Thread by AmakaG29(f): 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2012
I love dessert! Please post descriptions and recipes of your favorite desserts from anywhere.

I'll go first:
Quick Peach Cobbler: I can cook but who has time...
1 large can of sliced peaches in heavy syrup
1 pkg of refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts for top and bottom)
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 stick of butter

Use some of the stick of butter to grease the casserole dish. Fit the first pie crust into the bottom of a glass casserole dish. Bake the bottom pie crust for 10-15 minutes. Drain most of the syrup from the peaches and mixed in brown sugar. Remove crust from oven and spoon in peach-sugar mix. Cut half of the stick of butter into small chunks and distribute evenly over the mixture. At this point, you can place the top crust on and pinch into place or you can design the top crust to be fancy. Bake until the top crust browns, remove from oven, cover with foil, and bake an additional 30 minutes.

When finished, remove from oven, dust with cinnamon, and let cool for 20 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

Top crust design ideas
Hearts: Roll out top crust flat, cut out hearts and place them evenly over the dish
Lattice: Roll the top crust out flat and cut it into 1 1/2 inch strips and cross them over each other

1 Like

Re: Dessert Thread by AmakaG29(f): 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2012
Cookies:
I tried this recipe from online and they turned out great
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (16 ounces)

Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment or wax paper.

Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.

Beat together butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Lightly beat 1 egg with a fork in a small bowl and add 1 3/4 tablespoons of it plus 2 remaining whole eggs to butter mixture, beating with mixer until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in vanilla. Reduce speed to low and mix in flour mixture until just blended, then stir in chips.

Place a table spoon of dough at least 1.5" apart so they don't stick together. Flatten the dough into rounds.

Bake, 1 sheet at a time, until golden, 10 to 15 minutes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Strawberry Flavour Powder / Well Suited Man Spotted Selling Suya In Ikorodu, Lagos (photos) / A Question For Nigerians: Which Tribe/ethnic Group Are The Best Cooks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.