Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,998 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? (12277 Views)

Should Goodluck have Buhari And Amaechi Arrested? / 2015 General Election: Should Goodluck Jonathan Rule For Another Term? / US To Send Soldiers To Tackle Boko-Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by faithin9ja: 10:49pm On Apr 24, 2012
The following was presented by a Nigerian author and social commentator. He suggests that Buhari should be appointed by Jonathan to head a commission to tackle Boko Haram (the white man calls this poacher turned game keeper) - how una see am?

[1] In 2000, the British government were hell bent on resolving the IRA crisis
[2] They introduced a disarmament programme and appointed two statesmen to supervise and monitor the handing in of weapons
[3] The IRA insisted on having a former guerilla fighter on the panel, so the British government acted in good faith and appointed former ANC secretary general Cyril Ramaphosa to the two-man team
[4] Ramaphosa's presence gave the IRA confidence that the programme was genuine
[5] To back this up, the then Northern Ireland secretary Mo Mowlam, visited IRA prisoners at the Maze Prison to make it clear that this time, the government was not playing games
[6] Nigeria has a similar Boko Haram problem at the moment and is at a loss about how to solve it
[7] For me, the man who is central to all this is this gentleman here - Retired Major General Muhammadu Buhari
[8] Buhari is the defacto Sardauna. I actually believe that if he tells the Almajiri to abandon violence they will. I challenge anyone to name me another Nigerian with the same amount of influence among the Northern Nigerian youth
[9] As far as I am concerned, since Ahmadu Bello, we have not had such an influential leader in northern Nigeria. If the sarduana was alive today, all he had to do is say stop and not one more bomb would go off
[10] After the recent Kaduna bombing, I say enough is enough. The government should stop playing games with our lives. Appoint Buhari to head a disarmament panel, give him all the authority he needs and then give him three months to end the crisis. Does anyone have a better solution?
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by faithin9ja: 9:47am On Apr 25, 2012
No comments? let's have your views, is Buhari the man? should GEJ appoint him?
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by hercules07: 10:00am On Apr 25, 2012
Buhari will not serve under GEJ, he does not respect him enough for him to do that, also, BH is a PDP thing, how do you think GEJ will react when Buhari starts clamping those who supported him to jail?

6 Likes

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by faithin9ja: 11:05am On Apr 25, 2012
hercules07: Buhari will not serve under GEJ, he does not respect him enough for him to do that, also, BH is a PDP thing, how do you think GEJ will react when Buhari starts clamping those who supported him to jail?

It's not about respecting GEJ it's about loving Nigeria, can Buhari only serve Nigeria as President?

If Buhari truly loves Nigeria he should offer his services and like the Pied Piper of Hamlyn wipe out this menace.
If GEJ truly loves Nigeria he should call Buhari to help and assist.

Anyone who supports BH already has blood on his hands and should thrown into jail, but look at other peace efforts in the world, sometimes jail is not the only answer.

Leave aside party politics.

3 Likes

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Jeel: 3:35pm On Apr 25, 2012
He will do a good job since he is an extremist himself but he's too proud and feels only the villa is suit for him

2 Likes

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by egift(m): 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2012
If you mean fight all forms of terror (Kidnapping, Militancy, Terorism, etc) - then that spells sincerity.

If Buhari arrests Jonathan, Sambo and other top politicians all over Nigeria who have sponsored, funded or aided terror in Nigeria hope you will not call it retaliation?

Is setting up committees with no results the only thing Jonathan knows how to do?

1 Like

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by egift(m): 5:22pm On Apr 25, 2012
Jeel: He will do a good job since he is an extremist himself but he's too proud and feels only the villa is suit for him

As Jonathan is doing as an ex-militant boss?
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by faithin9ja: 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2012
This is a call to both Buhari and GEJ, if they are truly Nigerian leaders they should seek a solution to the menace that is Boko Haram, if Yaradua & GEJ could offer amnesty to Niger delta militants, then Buhari should be able to persuade BH foot soldiers and their field commanders to lay their arms.

It has been done in other parts of the world, see the post on Northern Ireland and the IRA after 30 odd years of terrorist attacks in the UK, peace talks enabled the end to terrorism (at least most of it)
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by unclebros: 5:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
The most sensible post i have seen recently on Nairaland. I concur fully, but will the General accept it even if GEJ adopts this advice.

3 Likes

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by chuks49(m): 5:17pm On Apr 26, 2012
hercules07: Buhari will not serve under GEJ, he does not respect him enough for him to do that, also, BH is a PDP thing, how do you think GEJ will react when Buhari starts clamping those who supported him to jail?

Deliberate ignorance
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by rman: 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
MASTER STROKE
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Reference(m): 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2012
faithin9ja: The following was presented by a Nigerian author and social commentator. He suggests that Buhari should be appointed by Jonathan to head a commission to tackle Boko Haram (the white man calls this poacher turned game keeper) - how una see am?

[/color]

Poacher as game keeper? Guerilla leader? What the...! Read your proposals again and tell me why you shouldn't be wearing a lawsuit for defamation. Chei, poacher, zoo keeper, game reserve, hunter, wild animal, buffalo, rhino, jackal. Na so you dey call this country and we people. I don die. grin grin

faithin9ja: The following was presented by a Nigerian author and social commentator. He suggests that Buhari should be appointed by Jonathan to head a commission to tackle Boko Haram (the white man calls this poacher turned game keeper) - how una see am?

[color=#006600]

Poacher as game keeper? Guerilla leader? What the...! Read your proposals again and tell me why you shouldn't be wearing a lawsuit for defamation. Chei, poacher, zoo keeper, game reserve, hunter, wild animal, buffalo, rhino, jackal. Na so you dey call this country and we people. I don die.

2 Likes

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by baslone: 5:20pm On Apr 26, 2012
It won't work. GEJ and his fellow thieves are behind the bombings going on in the nation.

1 Like

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by signified: 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2012
egift: If you mean fight all forms of terror (Kidnapping, Militancy, Terorism, etc) - then that spells sincerity.

If Buhari arrests Jonathan, Sambo and other top politicians all over Nigeria who have sponsored, funded or aided terror in Nigeria hope you will not call it retaliation?

Is setting up committees with no results the only thing Jonathan knows how to do?

Nice one!

Buhari = An open enemy to PDP and automatically to the present ruling GEJ government. Boko Haram = Enemy to the same ruling government........So long as the enemy of my enemy remains my friend, It will be a very insensible and dreadful venture. Please let us not go there. It will be a real mess!!
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Exponental(m): 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
If he can promise 2 deliver, why nt? GEJ sef dey fear naa.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by miky(m): 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
its either yall are underestimating boko haram or don't know the gravity of this situation.. Boko haram solved by one man? what does retired buhari know that Gej with all the information at his desk from the various security agencies doesn't know?
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by doctimothy: 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
Buhari serve under GEJ?? So GEJ will take all the credit?? Na yam? Buhari won't subscribe to that...... Instead he'll say. "Vacate the goddamned office and let me show you how it's done"

3 Likes

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by bakila: 5:37pm On Apr 26, 2012
Hehehe the apologist of His Excellency Mr President have started again. Why would poster be so callous to celebrate a new style in terroism with simultenous bombings at Abuja and Kaduna with this stuptd post. It shows how foolish some people are. Very Beaf like.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by teskyg: 5:39pm On Apr 26, 2012
Buhari de defacto Ibrahim Shekau.Buhai the terrorist that masterminded the killing of Corpers?Its like engaging Osama and telling him to get Alqueda members.What a dumb post from a northerner.

2 Likes

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Aussie(m): 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
Faithin9ja, are mocking Buhari by the words in brackets of ur opening post? So u have concluded dat Buhari is a bad person as most people think out of sentiment? May Nigeria continue to be ruled by the PDP until all ur eyes are clear. Expect more high costs before 2015. The economy has nt seen imprvmnt, rather it's a decline and further plunge into liquidity chaos.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by bakila: 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2012
faithin9ja: This is a call to both Buhari and GEJ, if they are truly Nigerian leaders they should seek a solution to the menace that is Boko Haram, if Yaradua & GEJ could offer amnesty to Niger delta militants, then Buhari should be able to persuade BH foot soldiers and their field commanders to lay their arms.

It has been done in other parts of the world, see the post on Northern Ireland and the IRA after 30 odd years of terrorist attacks in the UK, peace talks enabled the end to terrorism (at least most of it)
Buhari is now Vice president to GEJ ?
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by faithin9ja: 5:43pm On Apr 26, 2012
bakila: Hehehe the apologist of His Excellency Mr President have started again. Why would poster be so callous to celebrate a new style in terroism with simultenous bombings at Abuja and Kaduna with this stuptd post. It shows how foolish some people are. Very Beaf like.

The actual post was uploaded, almost 2 days ago, it's just today that Nairaland system have put on the front page, nothing intentional
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Aussie(m): 5:44pm On Apr 26, 2012
teskyg: Buhari de defacto Ibrahim Shekau.Buhai the terrorist that masterminded the killing of Corpers?Its like engaging Osama and telling him to get Alqueda members.What a dumb post from a northerner.
u better keep ur lepros fingers crossed shuld u av nting reasonable to type!
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by iykay4455(m): 5:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
It's like appointing osama bin laden to tackle al quaeda

1 Like

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by Magnanimity(m): 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
Can U Appoint A Cat To Guard Ur Smoked Fish ? Mbanu
faithin9ja: No comments? let's have your views, is Buhari the man? should GEJ appoint him?
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by naijaking1: 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
Buhari wants to be appointed the president of Nigeria.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by radiation(m): 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2012
grin i.e using a cat to watch over a piece of meat
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by ismhab(m): 5:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
I consider this as an abuse to the only and the last General that Nigeria has ever produced, even the poster u are only saying that buhari is a member of Boko boyz thas why i consider it abusive.
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by neksummi(m): 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2012
Buhari commends respect among the Northern Muslims but will he agree to do the work?
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by greentea1: 6:05pm On Apr 26, 2012
naijaking1: Buhari wants to be appointed the president of Nigeria.
Same feeling [img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by musa01: 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2012
unclebros: The most sensible post i have seen recently on Nairaland. I concur fully, but will the General accept it even if GEJ adopts this advice.

I am sure thw general will accept. But I am also certain that he will give conditions, one of which will be autonomy and power in carrying out the mandate. GEJ will never accept the conditions as they might be used against PDP. Each of them will be afraid of political intimidation. But if both can keep politics aside and have a one-on-one closed door meeting with no influence from PDP nor CPC, it will be a good idea. But can they? These politicians are not really after peace or progress. The first thing they consider is politics. Any other thing comes after their political ambitions. God is our saviour from their evil acts.

1 Like

Re: Should Goodluck Jonathan Appoint Buhari To Tackle Boko Haram? by gregg2: 6:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
Isn't the blood
thirsty Buhari the
pillar behind Boko
Haram?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eko EDC Beg People To Pay Their Bills In Ojo, Lagos (Video) / Curfew Now 10pm To 6am In Lagos - State Government / Google Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.