Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him (3332 Views)

Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? / Do Humans Have The Ability To Bless Or Curse Others? / Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2012
Have you ever asked yourself what success is in the eyes of God? We often say a person is successful if they have wealth or power—and that is understandable. But God doesn't define success the way we do, and His definition is different from ours.

Success in God's eyes has to do with our character and with our faithfulness to what God wants us to do. Jesus wasn't successful in a material sense, nor was He socially or politically powerful—not at all. And yet in God's eyes He was absolutely successful, because "He was faithful to the one who appointed him" (Hebrews 3:2). God sent Him into the world to save us from our sins by His death on the cross, and He was successful because He did exactly what God sent Him to do.

You see, a person may be very successful in the eyes of the world and yet be a failure in God's eyes. This is why material success isn't necessarily a sign of God's blessing. Yes, sometimes it is; God does call some people to positions of wealth or influence. But often it is only a sign of a person's selfish determination or even greed.

What is your goal in life? Is it to achieve success in the eyes of others—or is it to please God? Some day this life will be over, which is why Jesus said, "Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven" (Matthew 6:20). Begin this today by putting Christ first in your life.

Source
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by Goshen360(m): 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2012
Great thread frosbel.

I thank God that many of these false teaching by these WoF preachers are crumbling. Everything is money, money, money and prosperity. I am not saying money is not needed but sometimes I question somethings and in my quest for answers even as I open the word of life, I have answers. Think of Joseph in PRISON. I mean PRISON and yet, the bible recorded that God prospered him. This is strange and you begin to question, Could that prosperity be MONEY? The bible says, Jesus was rich but yet....Is that money? If it was money, then I don't think Jesus would need to ask Peter to go get money from the mouth of a fish to pay taxes.

Thank for the post. God bless you.
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by Image123(m): 3:33pm On Apr 25, 2012
God is a good and merciful God. He allows the sun to rise, and the harvest to be plenty both for the just and the unjust. Transient material blessings are not a show of God's approval but of His goodness.
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 25, 2012
I usually answer this question by looking at the experience of Joseph. The bible describes him as a "prosperous man" once - while he was in jail!
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by jagunlabi(m): 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2012
Question: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him?

Answer: Because the Creator is not a petty entity who goes around moping about being neglected like most christians like Frosbel think. And the Creator knows that everyone in this reality do have time for IT. That is why they are here in this physical reality to begin with. BECAUSE THEY DO HAVE TIME FOR IT.
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by Snowwy: 4:04pm On Apr 25, 2012
Success or prosperity to me is fulfilling one's purpose in life. If you know why God created you and you are fulfilling that calling, that is true success in my humble opinion.
God blesses us all because for the fact you are even alive is a blessing...what you now do with that blessing in line with God's purpise for you is what will determine your success.
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:07pm On Apr 25, 2012
Very good post, Frosbel.
Indeed, our present understanding of successful which in the world's view is denominated by materialism and money is not the yardstick used by God.
As identified in the post, despite the fact that Joseph was in the prison, it was recorded that he was successful. This even started right from Portiphar's house.
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2012
Oh and by the way, Billy Graham is a disgusting racist.
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by cyber999: 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2012
davidylan: Oh and by the way, Billy Graham is a disgusting racist.
what has that got to do with this thread
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by MmuoOkija: 5:25pm On Apr 25, 2012
davidylan: I usually answer this question by looking at the experience of Joseph. The bible describes him as a "prosperous man" once - while he was in jail!

POINT OF CORRECTION:

Heres the original scriptural quote;

The Bible New International Version (NIV):

Genesis 39
Joseph and Potiphar’s Wife

1 Now Joseph had been taken down to Egypt. Potiphar, an Egyptian who was one of Pharaoh’s officials, the captain of the guard, bought him from the Ishmaelites who had taken him there.
2 The LORD was with Joseph so that he prospered, and he lived in the house of his Egyptian master. 3 When his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD gave him success in everything he did, 4 Joseph found favor in his eyes and became his attendant. Potiphar put him in charge of his household, and he entrusted to his care everything he owned. 5 From the time he put him in charge of his household and of all that he owned, the LORD blessed the household of the Egyptian because of Joseph. The blessing of the LORD was on everything Potiphar had, both in the house and in the field. 6 So Potiphar left everything he had in Joseph’s care; with Joseph in charge, he did not concern himself with anything except the food he ate.

Now Joseph was well-built and handsome, 7 and after a while his master’s wife took notice of Joseph and said, “Come to bed with me!”

8 But he refused. “With me in charge,” he told her, “my master does not concern himself with anything in the house; everything he owns he has entrusted to my care. 9 No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?” 10 And though she spoke to Joseph day after day, he refused to go to bed with her or even be with her.

11 One day he went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the household servants was inside. 12 She caught him by his cloak and said, “Come to bed with me!” But he left his cloak in her hand and ran out of the house.

13 When she saw that he had left his cloak in her hand and had run out of the house, 14 she called her household servants. “Look,” she said to them, “this Hebrew has been brought to us to make sport of us! He came in here to sleep with me, but I screamed. 15 When he heard me scream for help, he left his cloak beside me and ran out of the house.”

16 She kept his cloak beside her until his master came home. 17 Then she told him this story: “That Hebrew slave you brought us came to me to make sport of me. 18 But as soon as I screamed for help, he left his cloak beside me and ran out of the house.”

19 When his master heard the story his wife told him, saying, “This is how your slave treated me,” he burned with anger. 20 Joseph’s master took him and put him in prison, the place where the king’s prisoners were confined.

But while Joseph was there in the prison, 21 the LORD was with him; he showed him kindness and granted him favor in the eyes of the prison warden. 22 So the warden put Joseph in charge of all those held in the prison, and he was made responsible for all that was done there. 23 The warden paid no attention to anything under Joseph’s care, because the LORD was with Joseph and gave him success in whatever he did.

God prospered him was used as a figure of speech to say he was successful in all he did as a slave. . . he was the best slave. . . Not that he owned a chariot of horses and had a shitload of gold coins in his sachel...

Christians are normally broke asses. The reason why it seems like God bless the people who arent christians is because you think its God that is giving them wealth. Wealth is a product of hardwork. . . While many christians sit back praying and waiting for God to open up his heavenly store house and pour them out a blessing, non-believers are out there hussling hard and stacking sick bread. . .

God dont have any money. . . Like one minister of the gospel once said, "If you wake up and God has sent you money from Heaven, Best believe its counterfiet".

Halleluyah. . .
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 25, 2012
Mmuo Okija:

POINT OF CORRECTION:

Heres the original scriptural quote;

God prospered him was used as a figure of speech to say he was successful in all he did as a slave. . . he was the best slave. . . Not that he owned a chariot of horses and had a shitload of gold coins in his sachel...

Christians are normally broke asses. The reason why it seems like God bless the people who arent christians is because you think its God that is giving them wealth. Wealth is a product of hardwork. . . While many christians sit back praying and waiting for God to open up his heavenly store house and pour them out a blessing, non-believers are out there hussling hard and stacking sick bread. . .

God dont have any money. . . Like one minister of the gospel once said, "If you wake up and God has sent you money from Heaven, Best believe its counterfiet".

Halleluyah. . .

I rebuke you, Money worshipper grin
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by wirinet(m): 5:27pm On Apr 25, 2012
You are gradually liberating yourselves from the fraudulent doctrine of Word of life.

Prosperity is a state of being and not the number of material things one is able to acquire or consume.
Everybody has the ability to receive blessings, whether Muslim, Christian or atheist, it depends on ones goals, opportunities available, hardwork, determination and mother luck
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by LogicMind: 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2012
look at this one and his doG, or is it god, trying to take credit for my success.
No weak, fearful and hiding god caused my success. Everything I have I made myself.
Useless people. And my failures? Na your god cause am? Ole.
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by Image123(m): 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2012
Material blessings are nothing. No sinner can boast of Freedom from sin or forgiveness of sins. Those are the things that would matter both now and in eternity.
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by buzugee(m): 7:47am On Apr 26, 2012
if you have no time for him, you are supposed to be rich. your riches are brought to you by your own hardwork and dedication and drive and not by Gods blessing. The lords kingdom has not been established on earth yet so he would not give you riches in a gentile kingdom. however he will give you your daily bread. he will give you riches when he has established his kingdom on earth. pure uncorrupt unpolluted riches. whatever you get in this gentile world is all due to your own dedication and drive and desire. however that shows were your priorities lie because you cannot serve two masters. your master is money. here are a few scriptures about riches gained in the gentile world
LUKE 6 VS 24 "But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort

JAMES 5 VS 5 You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughteR

JAMES 5 VS 1[b] Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming upon you.[/b]
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by LogicMind: 11:06am On Apr 26, 2012
buzugee:
LUKE 6 VS 24 "But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort

JAMES 5 VS 5 You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughteR

JAMES 5 VS 1[b] Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming upon you.[/b]

jealosy
Re: Why Does God Seem To Bless Some People When They Do Not Have Any time for Him by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2012
Riches are just part of Blessings. You can be rich and not blessed.
The complete package of blessing include salvation. etc.

(1) (Reply)

Did Jesus Die On A Cross Or A Stake? / Image Of The Recaptured Abobaku To Be Buried With Oni Of Ife Today. / Questions And Answers Muslim People Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.