Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,848 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. (4083 Views)

Poem Of Courage / Courage / Top Ten Grammatical Blunders Made By Patience Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by Bella3(f): 9:56pm On Apr 25, 2012
Writing Is Not Easy, It Involves A Lot Of Creativity!

I have started writing over a dozen books but none of them is complete. Writing needs a lot of creativity and a lot of patience and courage.

1 Like

Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by meshybizzo(m): 10:07am On Apr 26, 2012
Very true. But more than patience you need passion and focus. If you don't have passion for what you are writing and are not very focus with a strong determination to finish it, you might fail b4 d end.

2 Likes

Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by Bella3(f): 9:05pm On May 26, 2012
Thanks for the advice.
Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by derwin(m): 1:58am On May 28, 2012
hello fellas i need your help urgently. i need someone with an idea of how to write and package a sponsorship proposal. my no is 07062907130 my email is francisderwin065@gmail.com,my fb id is ezeweaniderwinfrancis. please sos!
Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 29, 2012
Wow. Even me. I have over three uncompleted books that laziness is keeping me from finishing.
Maybe people take it lightly because they don't have to depend on writing for their livelihood maybe they do it as a hobby. If your full time job was being an author, you will be more likely to put your back into it.

1 Like

Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by mykejones(m): 3:51pm On May 29, 2012
Distribute ur unfinished works. Tell people u write: Your boyfriend, your ex, your girlfriend, your parents, your co-wokers, your friends in school, in short, just everyone.
Telling this ones will push you futher; you wouldn't want to dissapoint them, and your self, since you have already broadcasted your self about your writing project. Again, since you've told them, a few of them will in time, keep asking you how your writing is going, this will help boost you up to even write more.
Don't bury your talents within. Sometimes,you really have to push yourself to the limit to achive your aim.
Am doin the same thing now,and it's working.
Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by datsmee1: 4:08pm On May 29, 2012
courage first
creativity second
patience follows
Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by Businesstools(m): 4:09pm On May 29, 2012
meshybizzo: Very true. But more than patience you need passion and focus. If you don't have passion for what you are writing and are not very focus with a strong determination to finish it, you might fail b4 d end.
You have said it all.Passion is the most important ingredient.
Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by member479760: 4:29pm On May 29, 2012
Bélla3: Writing Is Not Easy, It Involves A Lot Of Creativity!

I have started writing over a dozen books but none of them is complete. Writing needs a lot of creativity and a lot of patience and courage.

don't worry, you are not the first person in this uncompleted project, the thin dey black people DNA.

1 Like

Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by 2wins(m): 4:32pm On May 29, 2012
Pls any publisher in the house ?
Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 29, 2012

I have a flair for writing as well, and I know that a dozen @ a time is way too much overload. It will have effect on the quality of output. Reduce the number by 80% and u will find it much easier.

1 Like

Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by Orikinla(m): 5:15pm On May 29, 2012
Inspiration produces nothing with perspiration.

The best way to write is to practice and it would be more progressive to write one story at a time and make sure you finish it before jumping to another one.

Creative writing is the most intellectually challenging task.
And the more books you read the more you will improve.

4 Likes

Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 29, 2012
It needs patience, dedication nd self discipline.
Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by IOludayo(m): 5:35pm On May 29, 2012
Writing is invention, it's surely hardwork. Very many ppu read but there are very few writers. I'm essentially an essayist but i could collaborate with any of u guys on ur unfinished works. Oludayo oluwasoromidayo@gmail.com, 081 8836 0168
Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by samfibby(m): 6:00pm On May 29, 2012
Wrote a movie script a year and a half ago. It took two years to complete as a result of laziness and uncertainty of its public appeal. Finally, i got it to a producer of in a new orlean based movie studio. I couldnt get a studio to pay good money 4 it, but the commendation i got was satisfactory. Since then, i havent been back to writting. One thing i learnt from my experiece and other co-writers is that it takes patients and a bit of luck to hit it big.
Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by MyneWhite1(f): 6:24pm On May 29, 2012
Well, I wish you the best. Remember to find time to read, and join a writing group that will motivate you.

1 Like

Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by Orikinla(m): 6:46pm On May 29, 2012
rhema4u: It needs patience, dedication nd self discipline.

You need Patience and Goodluck and Potential Driven Power (PDP) to succeed. grin

4 Likes

Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by swtchicgurl: 11:18pm On May 29, 2012
Orikinla:

You need Patience and Goodluck and Potential Driven Power (PDP) to succeed. grin

smh! grin
Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by BillyRubin: 11:43pm On May 29, 2012
Hardwork. That's it. Writing is something u keep at, conscientiously, pain-stakingly. It's not about talking about it; it's about doing it.
Read books
Join a good writing group
Read self-help material on creative writing advice!
Goodluck.
And
Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by dumodust(m): 12:46am On May 30, 2012
First it's the idea, then you discover that it's possible after you test your hand, then the pespiration starts. Over years, possibly you'll hone your skills and develop your writing 'voice'. Ideas keep on coming, you write but you have a job that's distracting you. In between, you'll have to contend with writer's block. Was involved in several sites, some blogs, interacted, gained some experience, read many novels, compared, researched, very tiring but funnily, it was gratifying
I wrote over many years, honed my skills with poetry and finally I finished my first novel last year which was relieving but it lead to an almost unending series of editing. currently, I'm trying to get published but it'snot been easy
Still writing though...I noticed I'm way better than when I started. On my second novel, a bigger idea grin

1 Like

Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by Fm007: 1:19pm On May 30, 2012
My nick s fm007z a movie writer.firsly being a writer involves a creative mind an u must always take ur time,dont rush things in other nt 2end up being a flook.as a writer u wil definitely get stucked at a particular point but dat's nt d end of d road,jus b focused,explore,read books an u wil surely get there.mind u there's no good thing that either comes easy nor easy 2achieve.since 2008 hav been able 2achieve 10hollywood movie standard 8nollywood standard cuz i set a goal 4myself but nt easy i must say.presently workin on a series adventure movie dat wil run tru a yr on t.v.goodluck 2 co writer,we meet at d top.dis r my contact femiemma007@yahoo.com 08093652128
Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by agbekoya(m): 1:43pm On May 30, 2012
Is there any contributor out there who is into e publishing and can give a guide on how to go about it hopefully speaking from experience.
Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by Otses(f): 5:14pm On May 30, 2012
And you also need the zeal. Passion and inspiration. Most times I draw inspiration from nature itself, especially when it is quiet, just find yours and it will come as a second nature.

1 Like

Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by Jaykizz(m): 10:48pm On May 30, 2012

It is as gud as sayin u avnt written any bk sinc u av nt bin completin ur stories. I advise dat u focus on 1 at a tym! It isnt easy though bt wit dtaminatn, d sky is ur limit.
Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by Bella3(f): 11:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
Tanx guys! I was just so touched to knw am nt alone in this fight. And thank you for d advice.
I wish everyone goodluck.
I have been thinking that maybe we cud meet up on facebook and encourage each other more, and bring in distributing and creative ideas. My fb username is Blessed.vincent. And my contact is 08181984238
Re: Writing Requires Creativity, Patience, & Courage. It's Not Easy. by razzyblazing: 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
its true one needs luck. I recently started getting serious with writing basically poetry, and i have my first work i posted is in the finals of voicesnet usa international contest may, 2012 edition; i hope to come out top 3 atleast. I need all the luck i can get. Feel free to check it out on this link, <a href = "http://www.voicesnet.org/displayonepoem.aspx?poemid=233839">Click here to visit VoicesNet.com to read the poem called "SOMEDAY" by Razak Akhilome, Nigeria</a>

(1) (Reply)

The Diary Of Nymphomaniac... Continuation Of Episode 3 / Publishing Of Articles On Nigerian Newspapers / ~wandering Soul~christian Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.