Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? (1746 Views)

How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by aruzuoke(m): 8:08am On Apr 26, 2012
Most times I wonder the type of life christians live, always stereotyped to the biblical xters. I would like to know, do xtians generally love God and obey him or do they just obey his laws bc they fear eternal condemnation in hell.
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by LogicMind: 9:09am On Apr 26, 2012
god in his infinite wisdom and love gave you freewill to choose between only two choices: you either love him back and spend eternity shouting "alleluya" with other boring souls, no sleep, no sex, no party; or you don't love him in which case he burns you alive over and over for ever and ever with infinite love.

the choice is yours even though he knows what you'll choose before he created you. Infact he, himself mapped out your destiny for you and you have no choice but to freely choose this destiny because remember he gave you freewill.

it is all your responsibility.
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:38am On Apr 26, 2012
High grade insanity of the mind to even consider believing such crap.
Logic Mind: god in his infinite wisdom and love gave you freewill to choose between only two choices: you either love him back and spend eternity shouting "alleluya" with other boring souls, no sleep, no sex, no party; or you don't love him in which case he burns you alive over and over for ever and ever with infinite love.

the choice is yours even though he knows what you'll choose before he created you. Infact he, himself mapped out your destiny for you and you have no choice but to freely choose this destiny because remember he gave you freewill.

it is all your responsibility.
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by mkmyers45(m): 12:50pm On Apr 26, 2012
Fear is a pillar of any faith-belief doctrine..
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by 5solas(m): 7:43pm On Apr 26, 2012
mkmyers45: Fear is a pillar of any faith-belief doctrine..

Not necessarily so.
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by Callotti: 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2012
Fear and love can NEVER go hand in hand.
Respect and love? YES!

How can you love what you fear? TYPICAL MGBEKE LIFE! cheesy
Only Christians can afford such love.
No wonder intolerance and bigotry reign supreme in their lives and relationships.
Tufiakwa to such a GOD. . . and the so-called Christians too!
The reason MOST Christians can't stay happily married and violence free.
They have no concept of what love is.

Who wanno love a terroristic God!
Tufiakwa again!
The word fear has never been in my dictionary.
Not for man. . .and definitely not for GOD!
I only love what I respect. . . NO FEAR, NO COWARDICE. kiss
Man or spirit? BRING IT ON! cool
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by ijawkid(m): 12:21am On Apr 27, 2012
@ all atheists....are u guys not afraid of anything?

Tell me u guys don't know of anything ur afraid of....

Death,failure,pain,....

I don't believe in d hell fire thing but d fear of God I have is not like a morbid dread...its a kind of fear accompanied with love...

The kind of fear that will make a good husband not cheat on his wife because he loves her and won't wanna let her down...

You all got it??

Even d governments ruling today I bet you guys are damn afraid of them..
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by mkmyers45(m): 12:29am On Apr 27, 2012
ijawkid: @ all atheists....are u guys not afraid of anything?

Tell me u guys don't know of anything ur afraid of....

Death,failure,pain,....

I don't believe in d hell fire thing but d fear of God I have is not like a morbid dread...its a kind of fear accompanied with love...

The kind of fear that will make a good husband not cheat on his wife because he loves her and won't wanna let her down...

You all got it??

Even d governments ruling today I bet you guys are damn afraid of them..
What do you call fear + supposed love? Dread?
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by Callotti: 4:40am On Apr 27, 2012
I fear ABSOLUTELY nothing.
Fear is for the weak or COWARDS!
The GUILTY are always afraid of their own shadows too, expecially when no one is after them. grin
We shall all die.
The worst that could ever happen.
Till then?

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING IT ON I SAY! cool
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by buzugee(m): 5:44am On Apr 27, 2012
aruzuoke: Most times I wonder the type of life christians live, always stereotyped to the biblical xters. I would like to know, do xtians generally love God and obey him or do they just obey his laws bc they fear eternal condemnation in hell.
the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. 'Love' is a bastardized word. when mortals talk of love, they are conjuring mushy feelings of affection and desire etc etc. when God talks of love, he wants you to obey his commandments. loving god is not a desirous feeling, but an obedience to his laws. so yes 'believers' fear and love God.
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:36am On Apr 27, 2012
Quite on the contrary. The FEAR of God is the end of wisdom. The rest of your post is just... so i won't bother replying to it.
buzugee: the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. 'Love' is a bastardized word. when mortals talk of love, they are conjuring mushy feelings of affection and desire etc etc. when God talks of love, he wants you to obey his commandments. loving god is not a desirous feeling, but an obedience to his laws. so yes 'believers' fear and love God.
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by buzugee(m): 1:34pm On Apr 27, 2012
Jenwitemi: Quite on the contrary. The FEAR of God is the end of wisdom. The rest of your post is just... so i won't bother replying to it.
WHY DO you care ? you are a heathen angry
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by mkmyers45(m): 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2012
buzugee: WHY DO you care ? you are a heathen angry

angry angry angry
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by buzugee(m): 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2012
mkmyers45:

angry angry angry
grin grin mkmyers45 wetin you chop remain for me my padi ?
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by mkmyers45(m): 3:59pm On Apr 27, 2012
buzugee: grin grin mkmyers45 wetin you chop remain for me my padi ?

You go chop slap for my hand oooo angry tongue grin

How body? Any un-winding this weekend?
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by buzugee(m): 8:50pm On Apr 27, 2012
mkmyers45:

You go chop slap for my hand oooo angry tongue grin

How body? Any un-winding this weekend?
yezzur. finna get me some jamaican dragon stout. in the next 2 or 3 hours when i start typing funny, know say the dragon stout done dey kick my butt be dat grin
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by Image123(m): 10:06pm On Apr 27, 2012
It's a mix of love and fear. Fear in this case bearing more on reverence and respect. i've seen people love and fear their parents, their jobs, their alma-mata(schools), water, God etc.
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by mkmyers45(m): 6:32am On Apr 28, 2012
Image123: It's a mix of love and fear. Fear in this case bearing more on reverence and respect. i've seen people love and fear their parents, their jobs, their alma-mata(schools), water, God etc.
What is love and fear called when mixed together?
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by Image123(m): 6:59am On Apr 28, 2012
mkmyers45: What is love and fear called when mixed together?
reality, maybe.
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by mkmyers45(m): 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2012
Image123:
reality, maybe.
You dont even know and not even sure hahahaha
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by Image123(m): 12:15pm On Apr 28, 2012
mkmyers45: You dont even know and not even sure hahahaha
Makes you happy? You need to grow up son, and face reality.
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by mkmyers45(m): 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2012
Image123:
Makes you happy? You need to grow up son, and face reality.
So love and fear is reality which you can't change and totally subjected to? very funny
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by Image123(m): 12:59pm On Apr 28, 2012
Love and fear is what happens together in real life. Grow up and come out of your logic class.
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by rastamouse: 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2012
We both love and fear the LORD.
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by Kay17: 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2012
A slave cannot love a master, love can only exist btw two equals and its mutual.
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by mkmyers45(m): 1:29pm On Apr 28, 2012
Image123: Love and fear is what happens together in real life. Grow up and come out of your logic class.
Please how is love and fear interelated? how can the real life application be determined?
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by mkmyers45(m): 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2012
rastamouse: We both love and fear the LORD.
How? you only fear that im sure...
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by Ayomivic(m): 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2012
aruzuoke: Most times I wonder the type of life christians live, always stereotyped to the biblical xters. I would like to know, do xtians generally love God and obey him or do they just obey his laws bc they fear eternal condemnation in hell.
Both,but the main one is fear. Let me ask you this, if you ask or order your child to go and fetch water for you.What do you think it make him carry out your order? Yes, that thing that make your child to obey you or you to obey your father,that thing exactly makes us to obey our God.
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by Ayomivic(m): 2:16pm On Apr 28, 2012
Callotti: I fear ABSOLUTELY nothing.
Fear is for the weak or COWARDS!
The GUILTY are always afraid of their own shadows too, expecially when no one is after them. grin
We shall all die.
The worst that could ever happen.
Till then?

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING IT ON I SAY! cool
Callott,so you believe we shall all die, after death what next?
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by mkmyers45(m): 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2012
Kay 17: A slave cannot love a master, love can only exist btw two equals and its mutual.
Word! cool
Re: Do Xtians Fear Or Love God? by buzugee(m): 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2012
Kay 17: A slave cannot love a master, love can only exist btw two equals and its mutual.
thats because you dont know the meaning of love. you have been seduced by the ways of the wicked. PROVERBS 12 VS 26[b] the way of the wicked seduceth them.[/b]. see, the world has been handed to the wicked JOB 9 VS 24 The earth is given into the hand of the wicked. now the ways of the wicked permeate every facet of society. the wicked has indoctrinated youinto believing that 'love' is a mushy desirous lustful feeling. well thats wrong. this is the lords definition of love JOHN 14 VS 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. see God does not want your lustful desirous feelings. he says you show me love by obeying my commandments. now you see how your post makes no sense now ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Must Instrumentalist Be Paid Before Playing In Church? Is It Not God's Work? / Nigerian Christianese Terms / Religion Is Killing The Black Man (A Simple Illustration)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.