Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,510 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1135217 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) ... (1819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by pu7pl3(m): 3:59am On Jul 31, 2022
FergieRaww:
We're heavily linked with Werner and tbvh at this point, i'll accept anything just to add depth to the attack

Linked to us abi linked to Juve
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 4:00am On Jul 31, 2022
Danilo and his occasional brainfarts cheesy

infact the whole juve backline keep giving the ball away and too bad we don't know what to do with them yet
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 4:00am On Jul 31, 2022
pu7pl3:

Linked to us abi linked to Juve

Lol grin
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 4:02am On Jul 31, 2022
pu7pl3:
KCM looking sharp soofar
That right wing has been really dull tho. Valverde been drifting to the middle toomuch.

What do we expect from a CM they're forcing RW down his throat

make en dy roam en thing jare!
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by pu7pl3(m): 4:11am On Jul 31, 2022
FergieRaww:

What do we expect from a CM they're forcing RW down his throat

make en dy roam en thing jare!

we have been sharp sha
Been loving the combinations
And you still know we not even playing in top gear yet.

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by pu7pl3(m): 4:13am On Jul 31, 2022
FergieRaww:

Lol grin

I don't think we really liked to him.
I've not even seen it anywhere.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by BlueAngel444: 6:20am On Jul 31, 2022
Easy match won 2-0, almost the whole main squad played
Glad Asensio still showed what he is good at, scoring, not much else

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by pu7pl3(m): 7:21am On Jul 31, 2022
That 2nd half was something
Hazard looked sharper
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 31, 2022
Camavinga is our midfield prospect with the highest ceiling for real. Just hope Carlo gives him enough minutes to become the super star he is. Also looks like Toni Kroos and Modric will be starting most games this season. They are just too good and the gulf of class between them and the rest is too much.

Slander Toni Kroos all you like but man is still our best passer by a country mile. He just dictates our tempo like no other. We play our best games (total domination) with those two oldies on the pitch. The game vs Juventus reminds me of our UCL group stage games vs Inter Milan when our midfield totally dominated theirs all game long.

Also Juventus is a shit team, glad that CR7 left them last year or else they would have still been expecting him to win the Seria A title with their shit team cos its their birth right.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 31, 2022
Even Casemiro looks like he will be benching Touchy too. KCM is our best midfield despite their old ages and Carlo knows it. Our only prayer is that the coach rotates them with our youngies so that everyone gets good minutes all round.

Asensio might just still be a key player for us this season despite not being a starter cos he got goals in him. If Benzema and Vini stays fit all season, we should do okay this season and retain our Laliga title.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 31, 2022
Also who else thinks getting Bellingham next season is unnecessary? The guy is a running midfielder like Valverde and not someone who dictates midfield. I believe we should be looking at young midfielders with Kroos and Modric profile (e.g Barella or Kimmich) not a Bellingham type.

We already got Camavinga = solid all rounder but not exceptionally good as a deep lying midfielder
Touchy = a DM who is a decent passer but not too press resistant. He will replace Casemiro perfectly.
Valverde = a runner with 10 lungs. Decent passer and good in joining attacks but still not a deep lying midfielder.

We still need a deep lying midfielder once Kroos and Modric leaves and Bellingham is definitely not one. Why are we then linked to the english boy?
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by pu7pl3(m): 10:46am On Jul 31, 2022
GoddyOra:
Also who else thinks getting Bellingham next season is unnecessary? The guy is a running midfielder like Valverde and not someone who dictates midfield. I believe we should be looking at young midfielders with Kroos and Modric profile (e.g Barella or Kimmich) not a Bellingham type.

We already got Camavinga = solid all rounder but not exceptionally good as a deep lying midfielder
Touchy = a DM who is a decent passer but not too press resistant. He will replace Casemiro perfectly.
Valverde = a runner with 10 lungs. Decent passer and good in joining attacks but still not a deep lying midfielder.

We still need a deep lying midfielder once Kroos and Modric leaves and Bellingham is definitely not one. Why are we then linked to the english boy?

Great points but Tchouameni is very press resistant...
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 31, 2022
pu7pl3:

Great points but Tchouameni is very press resistant...

Yeah maybe in camparison to other similar DM of his profile. But he isn't anywhere near typical press resistant midfielders like Busquets, Benardo Silva, Modric, Kroos and the likes. Touchy is maybe a bit press resistant than Casemiro but he ain't an elite one. Put one or two guys on him (like city did vs Casemiro in UCL2020) and he would lose possession easily.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 31, 2022
GoddyOra:

Yeah maybe in camparison to other similar DM of his profile. But he isn't anywhere near typical press resistant midfielders like Busquets, Benardo Silva, Modric, Kroos and the likes. Touchy is maybe a bit press resistant than Casemiro but he ain't an elite one. Put one or two guys on him (like city did vs Casemiro in UCL2020) and he would lose possession easily.

All I am saying is that Tchouameni-Camavinga-Valverde midfield doesn't work as much as KCM because none of them is an elite passer that dictates the game. Camavinga is really trying in that regard but he still need a CM that can easily drop back to demand for the ball while releasing pressure from our backline. Modric and Kroos does that perfectly, reason why we can play out from the back. Valverde prefers roaming as a free 8 and rarely demands for the ball as a CM (reason why his pass volume per 90mins is the least of all our midfielders).

Valverde helps to break opposition lines with his runs and he is an elite ball carrying player but I feel for our next midfield to really work, we might need to go for Touchy (DM), Another solid CM, and one of Camavinga/Valverde.

Just my opinion though based our my observation of the new look midfield for now.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Bacteria8: 11:22am On Jul 31, 2022
GoddyOra:

Oga calm down grin
You can't compare the lad with all those oldies you mentioned.

He could be greater than all of them combined if giving the chance to grow on time
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Bacteria8: 11:24am On Jul 31, 2022
GoddyOra:

All I am saying is that Tchouameni-Camavinga-Valverde midfield doesn't work as much as KCM because none of them is an elite passer that dictates the game. Camavinga is really trying in that regard but he still need a CM that can easily drop back to demand for the ball while releasing pressure from our backline. Modric and Kroos does that perfectly, reason why we can play out from the back. Valverde prefers roaming as a free 8 and rarely demands for the ball as a CM (reason why his pass volume per 90mins is the least of all our midfielders).

Valverde helps to break opposition lines with his runs and he is an elite ball carrying player but I feel for our next midfield to really work, we might need to go for Touchy (DM), Another solid CM, and one of Camavinga/Valverde.

Just my opinion though based our my observation of the new look midfield for now.

Just one preseason game lol grin
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 31, 2022
Bacteria8:

Just one preseason game lol grin

Not about just one preseason game.man. it about their profile. Valverde and Camavinga with Casemiro combo last season rarely worked due to the same issues. Touchy is another Casemiro but slightly more technical.

With a Tchouameni-Valverde-Camavinga (TVC) midfield there isn't much guile and techique there. Camavinga is the only one who can maybe pull off long crossfield passes on a regular among all of them. If TVC plays more, I expect Camavinga to easily outball them cos he will be carrying most of the deep playing responsibilities and passing too.

Except we mould TVC to a "rock and roll midfield" according to Don Carlo. A midfield of less control but more energy like liverpool's UCL2019 winning midfield of Fabinho-Widjanum-Henderson

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 31, 2022
Bacteria8:

Oga calm down grin
You can't compare the lad with all those oldies you mentioned.

He could be greater than all of them combined if giving the chance to grow on time

This one sef dey. They can become better with time sha especially that winch Camavinga.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2022
Omo! we played Juve like small pikins lol... i know it's pre-season oo but both the starting XI and the second team that came on at around 62' mins still dominated them totally jeezz!

Hazard showed true grit in his movements and i love what i saw from him

Cama has the higher ceiling in all our young midfielders and i'm impressed with him like a proud father cool

Tchouameni held his own and everyone can now see he's growing into the game and the plus side is the fact he's a more technical CDM to Case

Asensio and osho free! grin

Courtois and Benz still remain No.1 in their respective positions in the world currently

Abeg shift Alaba go LB and fit in Rudi & Mili in CB unless we're playing some high pressing team then Mendy can come in at LB and we have Alaba & Rudi in CB ... whatever we do, we should fit in Rudiger there somewhere cause i love the fear he instills on the opposition (Vlahovic felt the heat grin )

My sleep was well sacrificed and i was satisfied smiley cool

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
pu7pl3:

we have been sharp sha
Been loving the combinations
And you still know we not even playing in top gear yet.

Exactly... we're not yet in top gear

I feel this boys are planning on winning a sextuple or something this season but we can't achieve that without good backups

Carlo and Papa should disembark from that "we're satisfied with what we got" reasoning abeg..

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Rajmeista(m): 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2022
My best player of the pre-season games is Toni Kroos.

Casemiro needs to improve his judgement on the ball. Baba don too dey sleep on start-up plays.

I pray we don't see Militao and Vasquez combo on the RB for a very long time especially how they deal with passes from Courtois.

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Rajmeista(m): 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2022
If we are going to keep Mayoral, Carlo should have given him some minutes. Hazard as a false 9 won't work and the season is very long oo.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2022
pu7pl3:

I don't think we really linked to him.
I've not even seen it anywhere.

Check very well, most of our tier 2 sources we're reporting the news as at 7-8pm yesterday
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2022
Mendy is our starting LB. Alaba is a sure starter, Rudiger and Militao can battle it out for a starting position. Militao and Rudiger reminds me of Pepe and Varane. Militao is younger and for the future. He might be favoured more.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2022
monerozi5590:
Mendy is our starting LB. Alaba is a sure starter, Rudiger and Militao can battle it out for a starting position. Militao and Rudiger reminds me of Pepe and Varane. Militao is younger and for the future. He might be favoured more.

Or las Las we try Mendy at RB when Carvajal is out injured instead of Lucas... creating space for Alaba at LB

Yes Mili is the present & future but Rudiger is high quality at 29 and shouldn't be riding the bench when he could've easily displaced the whole barka's backline for a spot wherever he chooses

But all the same, it's a pleasant headache for the gaffer to work with
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by pu7pl3(m): 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2022
GoddyOra:

True
He can improve tho

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by pu7pl3(m): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2022
Rajmeista:
If we are going to keep Mayoral, Carlo should have given him some minutes. Hazard as a false 9 won't work and the season is very long oo.

At this point I don't see us keeping him
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by pu7pl3(m): 2:33pm On Jul 31, 2022
FergieRaww:

Check very well, most of our tier 2 sources we're reporting the news as at 7-8pm yesterday

Alright I'll check
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by pu7pl3(m): 2:33pm On Jul 31, 2022
FergieRaww:

Exactly... we're not yet in top gear

I feel this boys are planning on winning a sextuple or something this season but we can't achieve that without good backups

Carlo and Papa should disembark from that "we're satisfied with what we got" reasoning abeg..

Lalas he would be a really good addition if we manage to sign him o
But I don't think he would be cheap.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by pu7pl3(m): 2:35pm On Jul 31, 2022
GoddyOra:

That's where Ceballos comes in.
This might be unpopular opinion but Ceballos and Carmavinga will create magic if paired together.

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2022
FergieRaww:

Or las Las we try Mendy at RB when Carvajal is out injured instead of Lucas... creating space for Alaba at LB

Yes Mili is the present & future but Rudiger is high quality at 29 and shouldn't be riding the bench when he could've easily displaced the whole barka's backline for a spot wherever he chooses

But all the same, it's a pleasant headache for the gaffer to work with

I hv a special love for Lord Vasquez. For me, i prefer Vasquez at RB if Cavarjal isn't available.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by BlueAngel444: 11:28am On Aug 01, 2022
GoddyOra:

Tchouameni-Camavinga-Valverde midfield doesn't work as much as KCM because they haven't played as much together as those other three

(1) (2) (3) ... (1557) (1558) (1559) (1560) (1561) (1562) (1563) ... (1819) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.