Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,514 members, 7,850,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:43 AM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1170090 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (1834) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by madrid5: 3:46pm On Apr 25, 2018
that firminho guy Is so good
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2018
madrid5:
that firminho guy Is so good
no fermino no salah. That guy is the brain in Liverpool's attack.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by madrid5: 4:05pm On Apr 25, 2018
Miremoses1:
no fermino no salah. That guy is the brain in Liverpool's attack.
as in, he is like prime benzema I wish we looked in his direction
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2018
madrid5:
as in, he is like prime benzema I wish we looked in his direction
Pls no no no no no
We're looking for a quality striker and not another refurbished benzema (Firmino)... look at our closest rivals Bayern and Barca with their killer forward, that's the kinda striker we need and that's Kane or perhaps Icardi
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2018
FergieRaww:

Pls no no no no no
We're looking for a quality striker and not another refurbished benzema (Firmino)... look at our closest rivals Bayern and Barca with their killer forward, that's the kinda striker we need and that's Kane or perhaps Icardi

But there's nothing wrong with a refurbished Benzema. #justsaying.

A lot of us here appreciate Benz play, and only deride him for his impotence in front of goal. A forward who plays like Benz and scores better than Benz will be terrific for the team. Not to talk about the strike partnership with CR7 and Vazquez/Bale.

Icardi and Kane would be tough (not impossible) to pull to the capital, Firmino will be fairly easier/cheaper.

Regardless, Perez will make a galactico signing this year, and I'm not certain it's either of those two names. If he goes to get Neymar, Hazard, or Salah; it doesn't resolve the Benz situation. Not to mention that the rising cost would make it very difficult to get either of Ney, Eden or Mo and also either of Kane, Robert L, or Icardi in one transfer window without getting scrutiny from UEFA.

Bottom line is that a striker is our priority, but Perez might want to splash for a true galactico, and Firmino might make a good sidekick. I think it's okay to place Firmino in the discussion.

If I were in Perez shoes, I'd get Hazard + Lewandowski/Icardi/Firmino. 400m for Neymar is outrageous, Liverpool will not sell Salah, Kane is Tott's anchor (he's going no where).

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 5:23pm On Apr 25, 2018
LordAdam16:

But there's nothing wrong with a refurbished Benzema. #justsaying.

A lot of us here appreciate Benz play, and only deride him for his impotence in front of goal. A forward who plays like Benz and scores better than Benz will be terrific for the team. Not to talk about the strike partnership with CR7 and Vazquez/Bale.

Icardi and Kane would be tough (not impossible) to pull to the capital, Firmino will be fairly easier/cheaper.

Regardless, Perez will make a galactico signing this year, and I'm not certain it's either of those two names. If he goes to get Neymar, Hazard, or Salah; it doesn't resolve the Benz situation. Not to mention that the rising cost would make it very difficult to get either of Ney, Eden or Mo and also either of Kane, Robert L, or Icardi in one transfer window without getting scrutiny from UEFA.

Bottom line is that a striker is our priority, but Perez might want to splash for a true galactico, and Firmino might make a good sidekick. I think it's okay to place Firmino in the discussion.

If I were in Perez shoes, I'd get Hazard + Lewandowski/Icardi/Firmino. 400m for Neymar is outrageous, Liverpool will not sell Salah, Kane is Tott's anchor (he's going no where).

-Lord
I do sincerely respect your opinion but as you stated above that a striker is our priority, why do we even need Hazard (i do love his football tho) and Neymar when we gat Isco and Asensio' on a good day they're very dangerous in attack...
Okay let's look at this, we've not been anywhere good in challenging for La liga title this past few years cause we rest our aging main man (The G.O.A.T himself) cause of the UCL then we're left with a Bale that doesn't live up to his mouth watering fee we paid for him and a playmaker in form of a striker that doesn't know how to put a suqar in a cup of coffee... Jeez
All am saying is that we just go for any one striker between Icardi and Kane or perhaps soon to be 30yr old Lewandowski and forget bout this Firmino of a guy... we are no average club that'll consider a cheaper option all in the name of too much fee for our target
Let's splash the cash and pick just One striker and that's all we need for next season and don't worry Uefa can't do sh*t, after all PSG picked Neymar (for a fee more than 200mil pounds cause ion believe it's just 198mil pounds) then took Mbappe for a loan... woww what sort of smartness is that, if they can pull all this together why can't Papa Perez do same with his brainy executives...
That's all smiley
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 5:45pm On Apr 25, 2018
FergieRaww:

I do sincerely respect your opinion but as you stated above that a striker is our priority, why do we even need Hazard (i do love his football tho) and Neymar when we gat Isco and Asensio' on a good day they're very dangerous in attack...
Okay let's look at this, we've not been anywhere good in challenging for La liga title this past few years cause we rest our aging main man (The G.O.A.T himself) cause of the UCL then we're left with a Bale that doesn't live up to his mouth watering fee we paid for him and a playmaker in form of a striker that doesn't know how to put a suqar in a cup of coffee... Jeez
All am saying is that we just go for any one striker between Icardi and Kane or perhaps soon to be 30yr old Lewandowski and forget bout this Firmino of a guy... we are no average club that'll consider a cheaper option all in the name of too much fee for our target
Let's splash the cash and pick just One striker and that's all we need for next season and don't worry Uefa can't do sh*t, after all PSG picked Neymar (for a fee more than 200mil pounds cause ion believe it's just 198mil pounds) then took Mbappe for a loan... woww what sort of smartness is that, if they can pull all this together why can't Papa Perez do same with his brainy executives...
That's all smiley

I don't think any team has a reason to reject Neymar or Hazard if the money is there to get them. At least that's how I see it.

Moreover, if you're talking about our lack of competitiveness in the national comps, then it's not just the striker is it? Because Isco, Asensio, and Vaz (our attacking future) were all in the fateful Leganes match that got us out of the CdL. It wouldn't have hurt to have either a Ney or Haz in such a game.

To your cost point, I get it. Maybe Perez can pull it off. It's just that everything changed with Neymar. Our top 2 choices are Ney and Kane. Ney is 400m (300m is more like it tho'), Kane is 200m. There's no way you'd spend that much and UEFA wouldn't come knocking. I wouldn't dismiss UEFA. Athletico paid the price this yr.

And it's not about the name either. Our last big name signing was Kroos in 2014. We got Vaz for 1m. It was a steal. He is our highest assister this season. It's not like we were getting consecutive national comp glory when we were always splurging.

Eden+Firmino will cost us a guaranteed 200m+. That's not chump change.

It's up to Perez tho'. That guy approach transfers in a weird way. He might go buy three of them and we'd start contemplating whether we'd able to contain their egos in one dressing room. Our bench is already full of players that'd start in most European first-tier teams.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2018
LordAdam16:

I don't think any team has a reason to reject Neymar or Hazard if the money is there to get them. At least that's how I see it.

Moreover, if you're talking about our lack of competitiveness in the national comps, then it's not just the striker is it? Because Isco, Asensio, and Vaz (our attacking future) were all in the fateful Leganes match that got us out of the CdL. It wouldn't have hurt to have either a Ney or Haz in such a game.

To your cost point, I get it. Maybe Perez can pull it off. It's just that everything changed with Neymar. Our top 2 choices are Ney and Kane. Ney is 400m (300m is more like it tho'), Kane is 200m. There's no way you'd spend that much and UEFA wouldn't come knocking. I wouldn't dismiss UEFA. Athletico paid the price this yr.

And it's not about the name either. Our last big name signing was Kroos in 2014. We got Vaz for 1m. It was a steal. He is our highest assister this season. It's not like we were getting consecutive national comp glory when we were always splurging.

Eden+Firmino will cost us a guaranteed 200m+. That's not chump change.

It's up to Perez tho'. That guy approach transfers in a weird way. He might go buy three of them and we'd start contemplating whether we'd able to contain their egos in one dressing room. Our bench is already full of players that'd start in most European first-tier teams.

-Lord
And ion think Hazard is coming in cheap either, he said on neymar's transfer that "well i don't know, he's (Neymar) a world record signing, let's see how mine will be in the future" if a player thinks bout this like the way they quoted him bout Neymar's transfer what do you think is on his mind, and don't forget Chelsea are not letting this one go for cheap after what we did to them with Morata grin
then you look at coutinho that barça took for 142mil... a player that can't be compared to Hazard brilliance, went for such an amount... hahaha cheesy hazard is also not a considerably cheap option to Neymar
Bobby Firmino is a Brazilian with much energy in him (i accept) but am not nodding my head for him any time soon... c'mon he's been in Liverpool for close to 5 seasons now and he's never crossed a 15 goals mark not until recently he's doing something (a benzema can also spring up that way too) is that to be called consistency??... seriously! undecided is that what Madrid needs rn
my final verdict on this issue is that (Papa Perez pls take note sir) i need a year in year out goalscorer and Hurricane fits into my specs perfectly... He's a born Galatico (it runs tru his veins) if we don't get him no matter what it cost then we should be prepared to fight for only UCL next season
That's it smiley
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2018
I use to complain about Benz misfortune and all. But sometimes we should also know that he works perfectly well along side the G. O. A. T .

We need another striker but getting someone who can pair well with the G. O. A. T won't be easy.

I think lewandowski will do well along side him considering the fact that he really wants to play alongside G. O. A. T in Madrid.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Neimar: 6:38pm On Apr 25, 2018
Bayern na beg I dy beg una

nr fall my hand today

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 6:50pm On Apr 25, 2018
Miremoses1:
I use to complain about Benz misfortune and all. But sometimes we should also know that he works perfectly well along side the G. O. A. T .

We need another striker but getting someone who can pair well with the G. O. A. T won't be easy.

I think lewandowski will do well along side him considering the fact that he really wants to play alongside G. O. A. T in Madrid.

Trust me, I like the Benzema-CR7 connection, but the G.O.A.T can adjust his game to any world class player.

Plus Benz case is beyond misfortune. A 3-yr consecutive poor run in front of goal is not misfortune, it is the Benzema we have to live with.

As FergieRaww said, if we don't replace Benz, we'd only vie for the UCL next yr.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Neimar: 6:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
this mumu coach did not start Thiago...mehn madrid go pieces dix team cry
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
I had a feeling Lucas will be the one starting ahead of Benz and bale

Real Madrid XI: Keylor; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Casemiro, Modric, Kroos; Lucas, Isco, Cristiano Ronaldo.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 6:59pm On Apr 25, 2018
LordAdam16:

Trust me, I like the Benzema-CR7 connection, but the G.O.A.T can adjust his game to any world class player.

Plus Benz case is beyond misfortune. A 3-yr consecutive poor run in front of goal is not misfortune, it is the Benzema we have to live with.

As FergieRaww said, if we don't replace Benz, we'd only vie for the UCL next yr.

-Lord
true. How do you see our line-up?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 7:07pm On Apr 25, 2018
FergieRaww:

And ion think Hazard is coming in cheap either, he said on neymar's transfer that "well i don't know, he's (Neymar) a world record signing, let's see how mine will be in the future" if a player thinks bout this like the way they quoted him bout Neymar's transfer what do you think is on his mind, and don't forget Chelsea are not letting this one go for cheap after what we did to them with Morata grin
then you look at coutinho that barça took for 142mil... a player that can't be compared to Hazard brilliance, went for such an amount... hahaha cheesy hazard is also not a considerably cheap option to Neymar
Bobby Firmino is a Brazilian with much energy in him (i accept) but am not nodding my head for him any time soon... c'mon he's been in Liverpool for close to 5 seasons now and he's never crossed a 15 goals mark not until recently he's doing something (a benzema can also spring up that way too) is that to be called consistency??... seriously! undecided is that what Madrid needs rn
my final verdict on this issue is that (Papa Perez pls take note sir) i need a year in year out goalscorer and Hurricane fits into my specs perfectly... He's a born Galatico (it runs tru his veins) if we don't get him no matter what it cost then we should be prepared to fight for only UCL next season
That's it smiley

Give Firmino a pass. At Hoffenheim, he had 16 goals in 33 games and was voted the league's breakthrough player. In his first season at Liverpool, he was playing with Christian Benteke... Let that sink in.

Since 2016, he has adopted a false 9 role and his form+productivity has improved.

We've been talking about pushing CR7 to the center and applauding Benz stepping back to facilitate CR7. That's what Firmino was born for. He is the ideal strike partner for the G.O.A.T. Moreover, Firmino puts in a terrific defensive shift at Liverpool, sth no other target we have does like him. We sure need that. And the icing on the cake--his release clause is 83m pounds.

I'm not saying he is critical to Los Blancos success. But the argument to put him in all whites is very valid.

In the end, any world class player we sign is a good addition. We really need to wean ourselves off this UCL dependency and try to gun for a treble within the next two years as a parting gift to the G.O.A.T for all the amazing memories.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2018
Miremoses1:
true. How do you see our line-up?

It'd be nice to see how CR7 pairing with Vaz up front will go. It could be the start of sth special. And I'm not sure Bayern prepared themselves for such a set up which is a plus.

We only have to hope Isco brings his A game to link the midfield with the attack.

As for the defense, what can I say. Hands in my mouth as usual.

PS: Kudos to Zidane for not playing Benzema. Must have been tough for Zidane. grin grin grin
PPS: Jupp isn't joking, he wants to overload our defense so we make lots of defensive errors and concede cheap goals. I hope his plan backfires by giving us more opportunities in the Bayern half.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 7:40pm On Apr 25, 2018
LordAdam16:

It'd be nice to see how CR7 pairing with Vaz up front will go. It could be the start of sth special. And I'm not sure Bayern prepared themselves for such a set up which is a plus.

We only have to hope Isco brings his A game to link the midfield with the attack.

As for the defense, what can I say. Hands in my mouth as usual.

PS: Kudos to Zidane for not playing Benzema. Must have been tough for Zidane. grin grin grin
PPS: Jupp isn't joking, he wants to overload our defense so we make lots of defensive errors and concede cheap goals. I hope his plan backfires by giving us more opportunities in the Bayern half.

-Lord
all eyes on Vasquez tonight. Choosing him over bale and benzema raised eyebrows.

Hope he does well
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:36pm On Apr 25, 2018
Half time 1:1

We need lighten up more
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Neimar: 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2018
Bayern 1 Madrid 4 or 3
final scores

I give up cry
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2018
Miremoses1:
all eyes on Vasquez tonight. Choosing him over bale and benzema raised eyebrows.

Hope he does well

Turns out he was chosen to help out the defense. CR7 is alone up front, which isn't a good choice going forward.

I get the defensive set up but that explains why our attack has been poor.

BTW, just look at what James is doing to us.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:45pm On Apr 25, 2018
LordAdam16:

Turns out he was chosen to help out the defense. CR7 is alone up front, which isn't a good choice going forward.

I get the defensive set up but that explains why our attack has been poor.

BTW, just look at what James is doing to us.

-Lord
we need to win this match
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 8:48pm On Apr 25, 2018
Miremoses1:
we need to win this match

Yes. But we may have to change our posture to stand a better chance. My first choice is to take Isco out. But let's see how he does in the first 15 minutes before Zidane does his habitual changes.

I see Asensio (to boost the forward) and Kovacic (to strengthen the defense after the tiring chase) entering the game.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2018
Goalll f##k it
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Krasid(m): 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2018
Bayern slayer

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LosVikingos: 9:42pm On Apr 25, 2018
Hala Madrid

3 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:46pm On Apr 25, 2018
If not that the ref was too alert, that slight hanball ronaldo did could have made it 1-3.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 9:49pm On Apr 25, 2018
Krasid:
Bayern slayer

What's amazing is that Zizzou dropped his stubbornness vest in La Liga.

See as him comot Isco sharp sharp.

#halamadrid

This was a hard victory. Thank heavens for Vazquez. The whole team put in a nice shift today. Goes to show how much UCL means to the team.

-Lord

6 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Yonce(f): 9:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
LordAdam16:

What's amazing is that Zizzou dropped his stubbornness vest in La Liga.

See as him comot Isco sharp sharp.

#halamadrid

This was a hard victory. Thank heavens for Vazquez. The whole team put in a nice shift today. Goes to show how much UCL means to the team.

-Lord

Vazquez and Marcelo were spot on. They deserve buckets of accolades.

It's glaring now that Sergio Ramos is vital to our defence.
I particularly like how Ribery was frustrated. . . . grin grin
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2018
Hope isco and carvajah are ok
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Yonce(f): 9:54pm On Apr 25, 2018
Krasid:
Bayern slayer
Last year 1-2 at Allianz Arena

This year 1-2 at Allianz Arena

Some things never change. smiley

If only Ronaldo got a goal cry

4 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2018
Yonce:

Vazquez and Marcelo were spot on. They deserve buckets of accolades.

It's glaring now that Sergio Ramos is vital to our defence.
I particularly like how Ribery was frustrated. . . . grin grin
glad Marcelo scored, he gave Bayern that one goal kimmich scored.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:56pm On Apr 25, 2018
Yonce:

Last year 1-2 at Allianz Arena

This year 1-2 at Allianz Arena

Some things never change. smiley

If only Ronaldo got a goal cry
he scored bro. At first I thought the bal touched his hand until I heard some pundits saying the ball hit his shoulder.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (1834) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.