Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:41 AM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1173494 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (1835) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Yonce(f): 6:31pm On Jun 01, 2018
MoR2:

the question I want am answer to is why was he even employed, was benitez the best Perez could get for us.

2015, we sack ancelotti to hire benitez, we didn't even consider Klopp then, it was a benitez that finished fifth with Napoli we got.

I just hope history doesn't repeat itself and we get Conte, yes a serial winner and probably the best available option but can he manage the egos in Madrid

The ego management is what I'm worried about.
Our team has a lot of divas. How Zidane managed to keep harmony is beyond me
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 7:08pm On Jun 01, 2018
Yonce:

politics man.

I think the team is more united now unlike last 3 years. We have a calm dressing room now.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 7:25pm On Jun 01, 2018
Zidane whatsapp message to the Real Madrid squad :

Zidane penned: “Thanks for everything. Without your support in the worst moments nothing we did would have been possible. We will see each other soon, a hug.”

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 7:45pm On Jun 01, 2018
Eruditor:
I don't support anyone but AtYourCervix makes good points that revisionist knowledge may not let people see.

Zidane was not supposed to be long term so it is not like the board could control him. He was supposed to steady the ship and see out the remainder 6 months while Perez found a new Manager but Zidane ended up winning the UCL.

So the reality is, that lineup against Barca that RM got walloped 4-0 grin was strange because everyone knew that was not the team he had used prior. It was clear there was some overarching influence in the team selection and Beni hinted at it after leaving Madrid. (He signed a gag order so could not go full throttle on the exposé).

And you know he wasn't supposed to be long term HOW

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 7:50pm On Jun 01, 2018
Yonce:

the experience of being in such atmosphere, being a leader of super stars when he was a captain at France., his time in Madrid etc, all helped.

that's why I picked conte over poch but if we can get Allegri all good. I doubt if poch has had to deal with so many egocentric individually and worse is they will now feel having won UCL 3times within 3years they have become divine.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Eruditor: 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2018
MoR2:

And you know he wasn't supposed to be long term HOW

That is Wikipedia and in this case the news is false. Was it not Zidane who signed a new contract last year because the first contract he had was ending last year as well (or end of last season 2016-2017)? Yet he was hired Jan 4 2016 so there is no way he got a 2.5 year contract at the time. It was the extension he got last year that was for 2.5 or 3 years.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:05pm On Jun 01, 2018
Klopp is the preferred choice of the Real Madrid fanbase

Real Madrid supporters have had their say and they have declared Jurgen Klopp as the preferred candidate to take over from Zinedine Zidane.

The German received 29 percent of the votes in a MARCA poll, one which had 44,970 total votes at the time of the count.

This placed him ahead of the second favourite Mauricio Pochettino, who had 23 percent, while Castilla coach Guti was just behind on 20 percent.

Joachim Low claimed 14 percent, while Michel had nine percent.

The only other option on the poll was for none of the above, which took a share of five percent.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by BoleAndFish: 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2018
Just negodu grin grin

2 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 8:23am On Jun 02, 2018
Zidane looks set to sign a £44m-a-year deal with Qatar.
grin
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:24am On Jun 02, 2018
BoleAndFish:
Just negodu grin grin
is Wenger a bad coach? You making it look like his one.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:28am On Jun 02, 2018
MoR2:
Zidane looks set to sign a £44m-a-year deal with Qatar.

grin
not confirmed yet.

I just love zizou, he said he won't be coaching another club anytime soon, and I think his going to keep to his words. Qatar or France national team will be his next location, who knows, he might then return to Madrid.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:29am On Jun 02, 2018
Seems like Guti got a job offer somewhere else.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:32am On Jun 02, 2018
Pochetinno, klopp and Massimiliano Allegri.

Who among them can do a better job in Madrid?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 9:34am On Jun 02, 2018
Miremoses1:

I like Allegri because he is versatile when it comes to formation. He uses different formation depending on the team he is playing.

Klopp is a kind of coach that doesn't have plan B.
He is not that versatile with formation. But he is a very good coach. I like his football philosophy.

Poch is a joker. Just look at the Tottenham squad. Good players in all position but he is yet to win a spoon. Give Simeone, Mourinho, Kloop that squad and they will win you titles. That Tottenham squad have depth. Just look at their bench. To me poch is not a good coach.

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:08am On Jun 02, 2018
monerozi5590:

I like Allegri because he is versatile when it comes to formation. He uses different formation depending on the team he is playing.

Klopp is a kind of coach that doesn't have plan B.
He is not that versatile with formation. But he is a very good coach. I like his football philosophy.

Poch is a joker. Just look at the Tottenham squad. Good players in all position but he is yet to win a spoon. Give Simeone, Mourinho, Kloop that squad and they will win you titles. That Tottenham squad have depth. Just look at their bench. To me poch is not a good coach.
nice points you got there, but I think poch deserves all the hype his getting. He turned Tottenham into title contenders.

Though his nothing close to allegri, but I thing poch is really good.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 10:30am On Jun 02, 2018
Miremoses1:
nice points you got there, but I think poch deserves all the hype his getting. He turned Tottenham into title contenders.

Though his nothing close to allegri, but I thing poch is really good.

He only turned Tottenham to title pretenders and not contenders.

A Coach that can't even win Europa League or FA Cup with that squad at his disposal is not a good coach to me.

The English Press are just hyping him.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Neimar: 10:33am On Jun 02, 2018
monerozi5590:

A Coach that can't even win Europa League or FA Cup with that squad at his disposal is not a good coach to me.

man u, arsenal, Chelsea, liverpool nd mancity have quality players so stop blaming him
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 10:37am On Jun 02, 2018
Miremoses1:
not confirmed yet.

I just love zizou, he said he won't be coaching another club anytime soon, and I think his going to keep to his words. Qatar or France national team will be his next location, who knows, he might then return to Madrid.

after making close to £180m cheesy, mehn that guy's life is just amazing

any news or movement in replacing him at Madrid?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 10:37am On Jun 02, 2018
Miremoses1:

Allegri
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 10:40am On Jun 02, 2018
monerozi5590:

no no not hype. the English press like generating excitement about poch that kind of excitement that never leads to satisfaction.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 10:49am On Jun 02, 2018
So let me get this straight. We just went from aiming for the treble next season to now hoping we have a good season (whatever that means).

Thankful to Zidane for the memories. He's earned his break. As for the Board, now is a good time to carry out the overhaul we've been pushing forward. If you want to call anyone's bluff, do so now. If you're signing anyone, get the signature in time. You guys have the whole summer to make something out of this new found mess. Not when the season starts, we'll start hearing funny stories.

As for my choice of managers. In order of preference:

3. Poch (...This low because I don't think he'd be an efficient man manager. He may have the tactics, but that wouldn't mean sh*t if he doesn't control the massive egos in the locker room).
2. Sarri (He'd provide the team with defensive solidity. No more leaking goals, which effectively means less pressure to outscore when playing).
1. Allegri (Needs no introduction)

Those talking about Klopp should know he is a One Direction kind of guy. Geggenpressing is all he has, and we don't have the youthful squad that'd implement that rigorously. You're practically saying folks like CR7, Kroos, Marcelo would be running around the pitch for 90 minutes every match they play; which we know is impossible. We'd be a first half team (like Liverpool that's a 60' team).

I have very low expectations for the 2019 season. Top two finish in the league, CdR win (even if we have to play CR7 in it to win, so be it. It's the only realistic trophy we can win in our sleep), and UCL SF (if we've done it for 8 consecutive seasons with the managerial shitshow we've had, we can do it once more).

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 10:59am On Jun 02, 2018
Neimar:

man u, arsenal, Chelsea, liverpool nd mancity have quality players so stop blaming him

We should also blame Leicester 2015- 2016 season.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 11:22am On Jun 02, 2018
LordAdamX:
So let me get this straight. We just went from aiming for the treble next season to now hoping we have a good season (whatever that means).

Thankful to Zidane for the memories. He's earned his break. As for the Board, now is a good time to carry out the overhaul we've been pushing forward. If you want to call anyone's bluff, do so now. If you're signing anyone, get the signature in time. You guys have the whole summer to make something out of this new found mess. Not when the season starts, we'll start hearing funny stories.

As for my choice of managers. In order of preference:

3. Poch (...This low because I don't think he'd be an efficient man manager. He may have the tactics, but that wouldn't mean sh*t if he doesn't control the massive egos in the locker room).
2. Sarri (He'd provide the team with defensive solidity. No more leaking goals, which effectively means less pressure to outscore when playing).
1. Allegri (Needs no introduction)

Those talking about Klopp should know he is a One Direction kind of guy. Geggenpressing is all he has, and we don't have the youthful squad that'd implement that rigorously. You're practically saying folks like CR7, Kroos, Marcelo would be running around the pitch for 90 minutes every match they play; which we know is impossible. We'd be a first half team (like Liverpool that's a 60' team).

I have very low expectations for the 2019 season. Top two finish in the league, CdR win (even if we have to play CR7 in it to win, so be it. It's the only realistic trophy we can win in our sleep), and UCL SF (if we've done it for 8 consecutive seasons with the managerial shitshow we've had, we can do it once more).

-Lord

Just so you know Sarri plays a similar system to klopp. Besides getting Allegri would be similar to getting Sarri, I.e pay the clubs about 10m which would be cheaper than going for Klopp of even Poch (considering than getting Allegri or maybe Sarri would be easier I consider them better than Poch)

Realistically, we have Conte or even Wenger cry

then I heard a strange name today Michael Laudrup shocked
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2018
Another Coach i like again is Tuchel but he is got a job already.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdamX: 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
MoR2:

Just so you know Sarri plays a similar system to klopp. Besides getting Allegri would be similar to getting Sarri, I.e pay the clubs about 10m which would be cheaper than going for Klopp of even Poch (considering than getting Allegri or maybe Sarri would be easier I consider them better than Poch)

Realistically, we have Conte or even Wenger cry

then I heard a strange name today Michael Laudrup shocked

Except that Sarri complements his press with possession football; sth we are experts in.

The issue with Allegri is, would he want to come? Becoming a manager at RM is a high-profile job, but it isn't a long-term one. Low was contacted, he turned the offer down.

Ladrup has said earlier this year he doesn't want to coach for much longer, so he fits the profile of a coach Perez would want. One that isn't too vested and can be made a scapegoat when things go south.

Anyway, let them contact as many options as they want as long as they make a decision before the end of the world cup.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 1:34pm On Jun 02, 2018
Real Madrid will push for Sarri if they fail to hire Pochettino, says intermediary

Real Madrid will push for Maurizio Sarri if Mauricio Pochettino doesn’t ask to leave Tottenham Hotspur this weekend, according to an intermediary.

The managerial merry-go-round is in full swing, as Napoli fired Sarri to make way for Carlo Ancelotti, but he is still under contract and negotiations with Chelsea appear to have broken down.

“(Napoli President) Aurelio De Laurentiis is making sure his contractual rights are respected, so any club that wants Sarri has to negotiate directly with him, but I am sure they’ll be able to resolve it all with a handshake,” transfer intermediary Salvatore Garritano told CalcioNapoli24.

With Chelsea getting cold feet, it seems Real Madrid are interested in Sarri’s services after Zinedine Zidane resigned.

It’s more than just a suggestion, absolutely. We mustn’t hide the situation: Real Madrid want Pochettino and have done for several weeks, they even have an agreement, but contractually he is in a more complicated situation than Sarri, having just renewed his deal with Tottenham.

“Real Madrid cannot wait for Pochettino much longer. I think after tomorrow, they won’t wait any more and Sarri is the second choice, but let’s be clear, it’s like choosing between a BMW and a Ferrari.

“I spoke to a few Real Madrid directors and if they want to, they’ll take Sarri. Napoli and Real Madrid have a strong rapport, so I’d give it a 70 per cent chance we’ll see Sarri on the Merengues bench.

“I think they’ll make a decision on Sunday night, maximum on Monday. It’s a big club, the market is open and they can’t wait for much longer.”

Napoli could even ask for Karim Benzema as part of an exchange with Sarri.

“It’s no secret Ancelotti loves Benzema and obviously he’d like him at Napoli. On Monday morning, I will speak to Real Madrid again and we’ll see what happens.”
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by MoR2(m): 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
LordAdamX:

Except that Sarri complements his press with possession football; sth we are experts in.

The issue with Allegri is, would he want to come? Becoming a manager at RM is a high-profile job, but it isn't a long-term one. Low was contacted, he turned the offer down.

Ladrup has said earlier this year he doesn't want to coach for much longer, so he fits the profile of a coach Perez would want. One that isn't too vested and can be made a scapegoat when things go south.

Anyway, let them contact as many options as they want as long as they make a decision before the end of the world cup.

-Lord
from what Miremoses1 posted going for Sarri seems like our most likely option of the lot.

I just hope the team would be receptive of his methods. #SarriBall
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
Back to back to back
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2018
Current reports claim Madrid is no longer interested in hiring poch, because of Levy.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
The earlier we get a coach, the better.

We need to start planning about 2018/19 season
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:23pm On Jun 02, 2018
monerozi5590:
Another Coach i like again is Tuchel but he is got a job already.
would take sarri over him though.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 8:56pm On Jun 02, 2018
No gimmicks. Kovacic posted this picture on his I. G page. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (1835) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.