Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? (9195 Views)

Which Football Move Or Skill Is Your Best? / Obafemi Scores Again For Club – Should Oliseh Consider Him? / Which Football Player Made You To Start Watching Football? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by Robotnik: 7:01pm On Nov 16, 2007
I think its time for we Nigerians to appreciate our own clubs,Dem shooting stars and co, let us support them, a typical yankee guy will never shout Man u or kill himself on top arsenal when they have their own new york yankees, miami dolphins, 76ers ,Chicago bulls etc, they will never support another countries stuff because they are patriotic,
so Nigerians support our clubs and take them to the next level
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by blesyne(f): 8:52pm On Nov 16, 2007
The best club to join is Manchested United.UP REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!![color=#990000][/color] cool[center][/center]
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by theboy0808(m): 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2007
chelsea fc 4 life
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by shadex1(m): 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2007
join Real madrid.Not because we have won the most league titles in history or because we have won the most champions league titles in history,neither is it because we are the richest club.there are other reasons besides that.real madrid plays beautiful football and we have alot of talented and skilled players that would make you go wohhh!!!.We are fighters and never give up even to the last minute,even when we are goals down in just a few minutes to the end of the game,we play as if we had all the time to equalize and in most cases we do equalize.
also because everyone supports English teams.at least stand out from the crowd.when everyone is shouting arsenal,man u,chelsea.u talk about your real madrid,i bet you would be the only real madrid fan in whatever gathering you find yourself and that makes you different and unique.
we are on our way to winning another league title this year and also champions league.
I bet i can count the number of real madrid fans in Nigeria,yet,we are winners.
If you can't beat us,joing us,because we the best.
Join real madrid.
Hala madrid!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Madrid_C.F.
wwww.realmadrid.com Official website

Real madrid news sites
www.realmadrid.com
www.real-madrid-news.news.lib.com
www.goal.com/en/BreakingNews.aspx?IdSezione=536
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by crazyT(m): 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2007
My advice for you it's to join PSV Eindhoven (Holland) I joined PSV about 8years ago and ever since then, no regret.
They have won the Dutch league 6 times in the last 8 years. www.psv.nl
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by anusule(m): 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2007
mekoyo:

that is the club

see as your chelsea boys open their leg, why dem dey show us their yansh?
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by showbobo(m): 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2007
Robotnik:

I think its time for we Nigerians to appreciate our own clubs,Dem shooting stars and co, let us support them, a typical yankee guy will never shout Man u or kill himself on top arsenal when they have their own new york yankees, miami dolphins, 76ers ,Chicago bulls etc, they will never support another countries stuff because they are patriotic,
so Nigerians support our clubs and take them to the next level

Our clubs need sponsors like you.Once you do that then we would definitely support them.

@Shadex

i can bet it with anything i have that Madrid is not winning the league this year.You guys were lucky last year but not this time around.

@CHELSEA FANS

You guys are simply the BEST LOSERS.You're falling cos a coach left your ass,not even a player.i thought y'all critized and said bad news about us when HENRY left.

@MAN U FANS

I must admit.you guys are trying.

@OTHER TEAMS FANS

Join the winning team.GUNNER FOR LIFE
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by shadex1(m): 12:15am On Nov 17, 2007
@showbobo
i agree with you.we were lucky last season and that is why we sacked capello and got a new coach and new players too.
you need to watch our matches.
we are at the top of the table now and all the players have not really understood stood themselves.imagine what we would do when the players understand themselves fully.
trust me,madrid is winning this year again.if we are still on top before the barcelona vs real madrid match December 23,and we can go home with a draw or a win,then we are winning the match.
Hala madrid!!!!
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by showbobo(m): 5:56am On Nov 17, 2007
@Shadex

i normally watch your matches and also that of Barcelona.I cant believe the Almighty Madrid lost 2-0 to Sevilla and Barcelona also lost 2-0 to Getafe.i like spanish league anyway,cos anything can happen.But i still dont have faith in you people since Sevilla got your ass whooped.Did you watch the match between ARSENAL and sevillaYou people still have alot of work to do.Thanks for admitting you were only fortunate last season and VILLAREAL/VALENCIA should also be your problems not only Barcelona.
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by olexplaza(m): 8:19am On Nov 17, 2007
Watin dey wory all this Chelsea fans, them no dey shame self.After una spiritualist oga wey bi morio don disone ona.Him don look am say una dom finish na him hin run go.Everybody knows that Gunners is the real club that plays good football now, I fit die for my boyz, i brought them up en they listen to my instructions that why i can bet my fathers house on thire game.
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by olanajim(m): 10:41am On Nov 17, 2007
I have been following your contributions with keen interest. I want to be loyal to a club not because I have nothing to do but because, I have seen something beneficial in being faithful to a football club.

Let me tell you one of my findings. The man who cannot stand for a cause, live for a cause, and die for that cause is a nobody. After religion, sports draw more followers. In fact, it is now getting to a point that sports is taking people aways from God!

I learn LOYALTY, FAITHFULNESS, DEVOTION, BROTHERHOOD, ENDURANCE, DEDICATION etc by being a fan. I also observed these lessons can be translated to real life success. You would stand faithfully by your wife or hussie if he/she is facing challenges. You would defend your people from external aggression; you would walk with pride both in victory and defeat. You stay with your club through thick and thin. You won't jump ship when the boat encounter a storm, . .

What these mean is that, I WANT TO LOOK BEFORE I ENTER YOUR BOAT. I don't want to enter a ship that is painted beautifully, only to find that it had serious engine problem. As you know, I won't want to sink with a sinking ship. I am a winner, and want a winning team. A winning team aren't necessarily those on top or those benefiting from other people's fall. I want PEACE OF MIND FOR THE SAKE OF THE PASSION and LOVE OF THE GAME.

So, I am searching. I am sure many are reading this to learn from it.

For my country sake, I want both local and foreign. One each. Thank you!
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by Vieira(m): 10:57am On Nov 17, 2007
For a local team you should really pick the team that is near where your home town is. Simple.

I am of IBADAN origins hence my team in Naija is shooting stars.

For the premiership, I suggest you just keep watching until you naturally find a team that appeals to you.

I follow Arsenal but that is becuase I was born and grew up around the staduim.

One thing that I find is that it is better to support the underdog becuase it is sweeter when they win.

That is why I support Celtic in scotland becuase for years they were always 2nd and Rangers were winning everything, hence I followed celtic and now they are winning it is so sweet.

Other teams I like:

Leyton Orient FC because I lived around the staduim for years
Norwich becuase I love that green and yellow jersey
Grays Athletic becuase I currently live around that area.

But No.1 is Arsenal.

Find your own heart and you'll find your own team. I wish you luck.
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by shadex1(m): 11:11am On Nov 17, 2007
@showbobo.
Yea we lost to sevilla.That aint a thing.
If we don't lose to sevilla or espanyol,who would we lose to,because those are one of the biggest clubs in spain after real madrid and barcelona so i think its still better loosing to them than loosing to smaller teams.
Which team goes through a league without losing.
We also lost because we were so confident of the new formation we adopted during the 5 - 1 win over valencia not knowing it would be risky to go with the same formation with sevilla who really meant us and developed a system to counter ours.
so its not a big thing but i know when we meet them second leg we are going to win them.
Thats spanish league for you,anything can happen,anybody can beat anybody.
But still give us more time because this is our best start in YEARSSSSS!!!
At least we are doing better than Barcelona.
Hala madrid!!!
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by kollyp2000(m): 11:17am On Nov 17, 2007
Men Sooting ni joo

But outside the country, Chelsea, up blues,

Don't mind me, I am not much of a football fan myself, But I grow to love Drogba because my friends all liked him and I was forced one or two time to watch, Then I picked up interest, Just like that
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by omoeso(m): 12:01pm On Nov 17, 2007
BLUE is the color, chelsea is the name. stamford Bridge all the way
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by showbobo(m): 6:50pm On Nov 17, 2007
@Shadex

You're a true fan.Anyway.We shall all see
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by UNLEASHED(m): 6:53pm On Nov 17, 2007
Go for the Red Devils!! Manchester United for Life!!!
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by Sadman(m): 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2007
Falling in love with something cannot be premeditated, it has to happen spontaneously. I fell in love with Arsenal at first sight, but if you want to be guided you've come to the wrong place because all these guys want to add you to their fanbase, but i'll like to help you.
If you are looking for free flowing, skillfull, beautiful, great-to-watch football then you have 2 clubs to choose from; one is arsenal and the other is barcelona. These clubs are so pleasing to watch that they will make you forget about the objective of the game - winning. Arsenal is best team in the Europe not to have won the champions league, but that shouldn't discourage you because they have a good record at their national league and they are improving in the champions league (they reached their first final last year). They have the best crop of youngsters in the world and they are the second richest club in Europe in terms of profit made this year. The future looks great for the club and that is all that counts. On the other hand, people are complaining of too much youth in the side recently but the guys are so determined to succeed that pressure will surely not be a factor for them.
Barcelona have good players and play good football. They are having problems lately because of too much concentration of expensive players.
If you want clubs that are not pleasing to the eye but deliver results then you can check-out clubs like manchester united, chelsea, liverpool, ac milan, juventus, inter milan, bayern munich, lyon, real madrid, valencia, porto e.t.c.
However, you have to watch these clubs and see which one you fall in love with. I hope it's arsenal because you are going to make a good fan.
HAPPY SEARCHING!!!!!!!!
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by eldee(m): 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2007
@poster
I don't understand why you should ask to be guided to support a club. Seriously what the world needs now is serious minds that can enjoy good football without bias no matter where its coming from. Though it's somewhat too late for me now, but i don't think you want to be a crazy football fan like me. I can't count how many times my account has gone red because of my subscription to arsenal magazine and buying jerseys online. The headache and pressure I get when I watch the big games is one of those things.
In my own opinion just be a nuetral football supporter and football will have a new meaning to you. Just imagine watching Arsenal V Barca and ur not supporting any of them,
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by bigboy2006: 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2007
see dont join chelkis if u do u will be (1 )rude (2) ur thinking faculty will be so low(3) u will just be spending money anyhow (4)there fans r those igbo guys wey dem just bring go from inewi for man u those one no get mouth them .but arsenal na baba.so i will advise u to join gunners or liverpool
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by olanajim(m): 12:46am On Nov 19, 2007
Eldee, I have always been neutral! I love it when I watch football and other people had to exchange blow after the match. I am always the mediator. I love it when I enjoy all the games without having hypertension. I can walk to Arsenal without them gunning me down. I can dine with red devil and still retain my purity. I can cross the blue bridge without fear of being thrown off the bridge.

But, I want some more! I won't be investing my money or time on the club. Thank God, technology is here. I want to join the fight and break some legs! I want to be a loyal fan of a worthy two worthy clubs. One at home, the other abroad. My search is on. I am winner!
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by miky(m): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2007
any club with african players preferably nigerians, i go with chelsea(first) porthsmouth, everton,. never the MANURE TEAM scum.
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by laa(m): 8:18am On Nov 19, 2007
@ Man Utd
Why Does Any African Support Man Utd, They Are Racist They Destroyed Djemba Djemba Career Who Was The Last African I Think Played For Them.

@gunners fan
You Guys Will Not Win Anything With Those Kids, But I Must Admit You Play The Best Soccer On Planet Earth

@looserpool(liverpool)
Rafa Doesnt Know What he His Doing

Chelsea Fc Is The Most Consistent team You Can Join

Chelsea For Ever
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by mellow(m): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2007
None. Go to church and pray.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by frgy1: 9:05am On Nov 19, 2007
watch all matches or as many as u can then u chose which u like best
am not planin 2 influence your choice ,just wana make a recomendation.
theres this club in manchester, england .popularly known as man u. u might find them worthy of ur support.
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by illusion2: 9:54am On Nov 19, 2007
You'll never walk alone wink
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by Yinkwamo(m): 11:27am On Nov 19, 2007
Without mincing words, as a good nairalander, i'll advise u to join MANCHESTER UNITED coz United fans only have one thing in common, UNITY even in adversity, FAITHFULNESS in times of trouble & DETERMINATION TO SUCCEED. We are equally noted for something that makes other clubs & fans alike envious of us "SUCCESS" & that makes us a force to rekon with. UNITED 4 LIFE. grin
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by Kaybaba5(m): 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2007
I think the exit of jose morinho has nothing to do with the performance of the boys,so i will encourage to join chelsea.UP BLUES the reason is that chelsea can still make the premiership
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by kliverpool(m): 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2007
U dont need to ask anybody
im a Liverpoolfan but i'll never ask u to come and join me
cos u should have a mind of ur own.
UP LIVERPOOL
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by oloksman1(m): 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2007
SOCCER PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
START
If u want to join a club,
WHY corn-fused? when there are just TWO football club in da world
MAN-UTD and OTHERS

ELSE,
(Remain  soccer lover esp UTD) THEN

IF ELSE,
(Don't  become fanatical OR violent) && be Good

END ELSE

END

IF there's any snytax error or runtime error.

i DOUBT syntax,but for the runtime

use ARSENALFC to test-run the UTD grin grin grin grin grin

and UTD becomes executable shocked

Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by oloksman1(m): 2:53pm On Nov 19, 2007
MA GUY.
REALLY,I FEEL YOU,
I CONCUR, I SUCCUMB AND I AGREE

BUT IF WE LOOK AM,

PERSONALLY, THE PURPOSE/ESSENCE OF FOOTBALL IS BASICALLY ENTERTAINMENT AND FUN FOR ME OOOOOOOOO

MORESO,IT CARRIES PEOPLE ALONG AND CAPTIVATES MINDS
IT HELPS YOU FLUSH SOME KINDS OF DEPRESSION OR TRAUMA THAT SOME PEOPLE FIND THEMSELVES IN.

IT'S UNCONSCIOUSLY/SUBCONSCIOUSLY OVERCOMES SOME PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDER FOR YOU
AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT,YOU ARE CHANTING AND OVERWHELMED ALREADY
OR
YOU ACT SOME KIND OF REFLEX ACTION LIKE SIR ALEX FERGUSON WHEN ROONEY IS ABOUT SCORING OR IF HE JUST MISS A GOAL WHEN FERGIE NEEDS ONE.

WITH ALL PLEASURE

ENJOY AFRICAN FOOTBALL
ENJOY NIGERIANS'
MOST ESPECIALLY ,ENGLISH FOOTBALL WITH SPICE FROM SPANISH SOCCER
EVENTHOUGH, IT'S ROUGH IN ITALY,

ENJOY THEM ALL IN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Re: Which Football Club Should I Support And Why? by p1980: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2007
Oh boy, the best club to be is CHELSEA FC, if u r one dat believes in determination, strength, quality, mature football, and above all truly BLUE. BLUES 4 LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uk Football Pools Red Coupon Week 35 Xx16xx / Which Of These Footballers Is The Ugliest? / Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.