Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,989 members, 7,814,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone (11961 Views)

Lenovo Vibe Shot – A Phone Designed To Look Like A Camera / 11 Features To Look Out For When Buying Android Phones / Operation Trow Away Ur Zain Sim Card Ane Look For Ur Mtn Sim Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by slimderek(m): 12:01pm On Apr 29, 2012
[img]http://4.bp..com/-jpqEvVZdAsk/T5lnukui9lI/AAAAAAAAABA/TKbvdXYS278/s1600/apple-iphone-4-91.jpg[/img]

Choosing to buy used iPhone rather than spending the money on a new one is a great way to save
some cash and still have the phone that you want.There are many benefits to having the iPhone and
most people have it on their wish list. However, the cost alone can keep many from taking the leap and making that final purchase. Opting to go with a used model will give you the best of both worlds. You will
get the benefits that come with it and you will pay far less than you expected to. When you buy used iPhone you want to know that you are getting a good deal. That means that you want the best phone you can possibly get while still paying the best price available. Sometimes buying used can be difficult because you are taking a risk
that the phone will not work. More often than not, when you buy used you are getting a good phone that someone is simply upgrading or replacing with another model. Still, there are a few things you can
look for that will help you know the phone is what you want.

Are there any scratches or cracks? The iPhone is a very sensitive piece of equipment and it can become
damaged easily. Most people realize this and they keep their phone in a case the majority of the time.
However, the phone can still end up scratched up from consistent use. This does not mean that you should not buy used iPhone, but it does give you the opportunity to ask questions. How did it get scratched? Did it get dropped? When you open a dialogue you will find that most are honest about the condition of their phone. If the screen is cracked you will want to bypass the phone unless you are familiar with how to repair the screen. What comes with it? When you buy used iPhone you want to ensure that it has the right things with it.

Unless you are getting a stellar deal you will at least want to have the home charger included. It also helps if you have the USB cord that hooks up the phone to your computer. Extras like cases, car chargers and included apps will make the phone a little bit more valuable and may cause the price to go up slightly. Is there a warranty or will they take it back? Having a warranty is not going to happen if you buy used iPhone from an individual. If you purchase from a dealer that sells refurbished models, however, you will only want to get phones that have a warranty. If you are buying from an individual then it is important to find out if the phone can be returned to them if it does not do what is promised. You might even want to get a receipt in writing for what you paid and what you are getting. Make sure that they include that the phone works. Does it power on?

Never buy used iPhone from an individual unless you can see that it does turn on and work. If they say the battery is dead, offer to wait until they have time to charge it. You want to be certain that the phone will turn on and that you can go through the screens to ensure that it works properly. Obviously, if the phone is not active you cannot test calls. That doesn’t mean that you should just assume that everyone works as it should. Test whatever you can before giving your money to someone else. When you opt to buy used iPhone you are choosing
to save yourself money on something that you already wanted. Using caution will ensure that you get the best deal for what you pay. Plenty of people are selling old iPhones so if you do not have a good feeling about the deal you can bypass it and wait on the next one. Remember that if it seems too good t obe true it just may be.

If you want to play it safe,you can buy a refurbished model from a dealer and have the security of a full warranty to back up the phone.

Source http://techjay.com
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2012
nice write up. To add to this, if the buyer claims dat its a factory unlocked iphone, BE SURE to check if its really a factory unlocked iphone.
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by akinsdeji(m): 2:09pm On Apr 30, 2012
How much can I get a used iphone4?
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by slimderek(m): 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2012
It depends on the type u want
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by akinsdeji(m): 7:55pm On Apr 30, 2012
Any model of iphone4,let me know the prices
Mail to johndeji@live.com
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 01, 2012
akinsdeji: Any model of iphone4,let me know the prices
Mail to johndeji@live.com

Sent u mail. Iphone 4,16gig factory unlocked for 73k black
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by Mannylex(m): 6:03pm On May 01, 2012
Plz hw much can I get a used iphone 3gs?
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by akinsdeji(m): 10:12pm On May 01, 2012
Is this the price for a used one?the price is really on a high side,can it go for 35K,thanks,I mean the used iphone 4
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by coogar: 3:43pm On May 02, 2012
akinsdeji: Is this the price for a used one?the price is really on a high side,can it go for 35K,thanks,I mean the used iphone 4

you won't even get a used iphone3gs for 35k.
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 02, 2012
akinsdeji: Is this the price for a used one?the price is really on a high side,can it go for 35K,thanks,I mean the used iphone 4

bros are u looking for a china-clone iphone using normal/regular sim? running android os?. i dont av dat type. sorry. Dont let us deviate from the topic.

Another thing to check is if its truly the real iphone. A guy called me some times ago and said his iphone4 was running ios 4.3.3 and very slow. i asked him some questions at d about page and they were all accurate, except for the fact that the modem firmware was 1.59 which is not the bb of 4.3.3. i told him the iphone was software unlocked so he should bring it and i upgrade for him and see if that will rectify the problem. the guy brought the iphone only for me to realise its a china clone and using d regular sim(not microsim). before telling him d issue, i asked him how much he bought it, he said 75,000 naira in computer village. when i told him it was fake, he couldnt help but cry. his 2 months salary was gone!!!. Another guy came to buy iphone 4 from me and when he saw the sim tray, he started feeling smart and told me "he is looking for the original one dat use normal sim(no cutting)". wonders shall never end.
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 02, 2012
If you need iPhone 3GS and 4, i have 3 of each phones respectively. all phones are brand new and very cheap. 3GS 32GB goes for 20k and iPhone 4 64GB is 35k. If you are interested, send money to my account and i will ship your goods via DHL the next day. Don't miss out of this opportunity
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by coogar: 4:21pm On May 02, 2012
kayusfit: If you need iPhone 3GS and 4, i have 3 of each phones respectively. all phones are brand new and very cheap. 3GS 32GB goes for 20k and iPhone 4 64GB is 35k. If you are interested, send money to my account and i will ship your goods via DHL the next day. Don't miss out of this opportunity

iphone 4 64gb is 35k? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
it must be a dummy fone.
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 02, 2012
tumababa:

bros are u looking for a china-clone iphone using normal/regular sim? running android os?. i dont av dat type. sorry. Dont let us deviate from the topic.

Another thing to check is if its truly the real iphone. A guy called me some times ago and said his iphone4 was running ios 4.3.3 and very slow. i asked him some questions at d about page and they were all accurate, except for the fact that the modem firmware was 1.59 which is not the bb of 4.3.3. i told him the iphone was software unlocked so he should bring it and i upgrade for him and see if that will rectify the problem. the guy brought the iphone only for me to realise its a china clone and using d regular sim(not microsim). before telling him d issue, i asked him how much he bought it, he said 75,000 naira in computer village. when i told him it was fake, he couldnt help but cry. his 2 months salary was gone!!!. Another guy came to buy iphone 4 from me and when he saw the sim tray, he started feeling smart and told me "he is looking for the original one dat use normal sim(no cutting)". wonders shall never end.

My lovely iPhone 4 uses gevey sim to be unlocked and I want to upgrade to iOS5, can the gevey sim still work after the upgrading? or what will I need to do before I upgrade it in other to get the gevey sim to unlock it and work.
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by BlackBaron: 4:31pm On May 02, 2012
tumababa: . . .A guy called me some times ago and said his iphone4 was running ios 4.3.3 and very slow. i asked him some questions at d about page and they were all accurate, except for the fact that the modem firmware was 1.59 which is not the bb of 4.3.3. i told him the iphone was software unlocked so he should bring it and i upgrade for him and see if that will rectify the problem. the guy brought the iphone only for me to realise its a china clone and using d regular sim(not microsim). before telling him d issue, i asked him how much he bought it, he said 75,000 naira in computer village. when i told him it was fake, he couldnt help but cry. his 2 months salary was gone!!!. Another guy came to buy iphone 4 from me and when he saw the sim tray, he started feeling smart and told me "he is looking for the original one dat use normal sim(no cutting)". wonders shall never end.
Lol.

Not sure if true, but someone told me yesterday they charge 5 grand to install a single app on an ios device at computer village. Haven't people heard of cydia, besides an average ios apps cost just $1.70 or #294.

kayusfit: If you need iPhone 3GS and 4, i have 3 of each phones respectively. all phones are brand new and very cheap. 3GS 32GB goes for 20k and iPhone 4 64GB is 35k. If you are interested, send money to my account and i will ship your goods via DHL the next day. Don't miss out of this opportunity
Scam
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by coogar: 4:34pm On May 02, 2012
BlackBaron: Lol.

Not sure if true, but someone told me yesterday they charge 5 grand to install a single app on an ios device at computer village. Haven't people heard of cydia, besides an average ios apps cost just $1.70 or #294.

Scam

5k to install a single app on apple products?
damn it - i need to move back to nigeria. ways of making money
there is so vast.
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by azpekuliar: 4:40pm On May 02, 2012

Fufu iPhone ooooo cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by MPEROR: 4:41pm On May 02, 2012
kayusfit that must be an Aba made iphone
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 02, 2012
Guy easy, even f Na stolen product he go still cost pass dat one... 3GS=20k.... So make maga send u money & u ll post it via DHL, u think DHL charges N10 per post.. Abeg carry Ur scam comot here
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by mxxpunkxx: 4:51pm On May 02, 2012
nice thread
ehm, just a lil' contribution
if u've got fast internet and you know how to install .ipa files on your idevice
just notify me, and tell me the app you want, and u'll get it a jiffy
downloading my 326th app as i type from itunes store.
i wish i had the 64GB
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by MPEROR: 4:54pm On May 02, 2012
I HAVE A NEW IPHONE 4 32GB FOR SALE 120,000 A USED I PHONE 3GS FOR 45,000# ,A USED IPHONE 3G FOR 35,000# AND BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK 64GB BRAND NEW FOR 70,000# AND LASTLY USED BLACKBERRY CURVE2 FOR SALE @ 22000# QUNTITY(10) ARRIVING IN NIGERIA FROM USA ON JUNE 1 CALL MY BRO AT 08032870836 AND MAKE A RESERVATION I WILL CALL YOU WHEN I ARRIVE
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by chyseth(m): 4:55pm On May 02, 2012
am interested in an iphone 3gs. i can pay 40k. mail me chyseth@yahoo.com.
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by MPEROR: 5:00pm On May 02, 2012
BRAND NEW BLACKBERRY 9810 MAKE ME AN OFFER AND 2 BLACKBERRY STORM
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by donbigboy(m): 5:12pm On May 02, 2012
Hello house, my iphone fall off sometime ago and the speaker volume is so poor that i find it difficult to hear when making calls and receiving calls besides the screens are so hot to my ears atimes when am receiving calls. Though i 've stop using it. Is there any way or any place it can be repired in Abuja here.
Thanks for your reply in advance.
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by chyseth(m): 5:20pm On May 02, 2012
MPEROR: I HAVE A NEW IPHONE 4 32GB FOR SALE 120,000 A USED I PHONE 3GS FOR 45,000# ,A USED IPHONE 3G FOR 35,000# AND BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK 64GB BRAND NEW FOR 70,000# AND LASTLY USED BLACKBERRY CURVE2 FOR SALE @ 22000# QUNTITY(10) ARRIVING IN NIGERIA FROM USA ON JUNE 1 CALL MY BRO AT 08032870836 AND MAKE A RESERVATION I WILL CALL YOU WHEN I ARRIVE

i just called your, he doesnt even know u posted his number online. anyway, ave told him, am interested untill u re back. safe trip
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by MPEROR: 5:25pm On May 02, 2012
i just called to tell him the post gave me the idea
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by 7070: 5:44pm On May 02, 2012
i have a UK USED IPHONE 3G MINT CONDITION AND BOXED,BUT WITH FEW SCRATCHES
CALL ME IF YOU INTERESTED AND LETS NEGOTIATE
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by chyseth(m): 6:10pm On May 02, 2012
7070: i have a UK USED IPHONE 3G MINT CONDITION AND BOXED,BUT WITH FEW SCRATCHES
CALL ME IF YOU INTERESTED AND LETS NEGOTIATE

my mail: chyseth@yahoo.com
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by Suntemi(m): 6:51pm On May 02, 2012
I may need to add to this write-up. I've been keeping this for sometimes now.

You need to read this before buying that iPhone, especially iPhone 4 and 4s.  At the moment, they are 3 types of unlock for iPhone 4 and 2 types of unlock for the 4s, so let's just categories them with the types of unlock. 1. Gevey unlocked iPhone. 2. Software unlocked iPhone and 3. Factory unlocked iPhone. I am taking this time out to explain this because so many have called, asking me the difference btw these types of unlock. Lets begin

1. Gevey unlocked iPhone 4 or 4s are those iPhone unlocked with chip. They can't access network without the chip, you don't just upgrade it anyhow. If you do, you will end up with a locked iPhone which is currently not unlock-able. i.e iPhone 4.

2. Software unlocked iPhone 4, this type of unlock is currently not available on the 4s so it is exclusive to iPhone 4. This is type of iPhone 4 most computer village boys claim to be factory unlocked, most time, they call it 'sim free' iPhone 4 . The baseband is always on 01.59.00
It requires jailbreak, that means you can't unlock this iPhone without jailbreaking and installing a little software from cydia called ultrasn0w. They work just like iPhone factory unlocked iPhone but the different is you don't just upgrade it anyhow. If you do, you will end up with a locked iPhone which is currently not unlock-able. 

3. Factory unlocked iPhone 4 or 4s are those iPhones Apple tagged unlocked iPhone. They are mostly sold on apple online store. They are forever unlock-able iPhones. You can upgrade it whenever you like however you like. They are the best type of iPhone anyone can think of using.  They don't require jailbreak.

Also when buying iPhone online, check the seller's online activities. Check what other posters think about the seller. It is most important factor you need to know before buying an iPhone online.
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by Upright750: 7:05pm On May 02, 2012
I hate it when people came here to write or talk what they do not know. if you like call it used iphone or second hand iphone . listen and listen very good before some scammers will use this trend to make some bad money. original Iphone used one. which made by hong kong network not the one made for USA network. Iphone 3gs very clean used one is ... 32 k naira and Iphone 4 very clean used one is 67 k naira .. so be careful before you make some people rich with your hard making money.

NB Before you buy make sure it has Bluetooth and also wireless. not all has Bluetooth.
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by Suntemi(m): 7:10pm On May 02, 2012
Upright750: I hate it when people came here to write or talk what they do not know. if you like call it used iphone or second hand iphone . listen and listen very good before some scammers will use this trend to make some bad money. original Iphone used one. which made by hong kong network not the one made for USA network. Iphone 3gs very clean used one is ... 32 k naira and Iphone 4 very clean used one is 67 k naira .. so be careful before you make some people rich with your hard making money.

NB Before you buy make sure it has Bluetooth and also wireless. not all has Bluetooth.

? ? ?
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by Suntemi(m): 7:18pm On May 02, 2012
coogar:

you won't even get a used iphone3gs for 35k.

That's not totally correct. You can get software unlocked 3Gs 16Gb for 35k . Coogar, this Naija o not Uk.
Re: What To Look For When You Buyused Iphone by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 02, 2012
Aiite

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Bharti Airtel Nigeria" - Zain Gets Yet Another Name! / Itel And Airtel Introduces P55 5G Smartphone In Nigeria / How To Disable/stop System Update From Automatically Downloading On Any Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.