Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,139 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Online Job Hunting... How Reliable/Effective Is It In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Online Job Hunting... How Reliable/Effective Is It In Nigeria? (1526 Views)

My Funny Job Hunting Experience / The Bottleneck Of 'experience' In Job Hunting, How Did You Overcome It?? / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Job Hunting... How Reliable/Effective Is It In Nigeria? by sigba(f): 2:45am On Apr 30, 2012
Hello pals.
This issue has been on my mind for a while and i need your advice. I have some friends who passed out from NYSC a year ago, since then they've been job hunting online. I keep telling them that i dont trust online job hunting in Naija 'cos it's not yielding any results, and they've not gotten a feed back from the all companies they submited their CV's to online.. Pls my question is, is it wise to sit at the comfort of ur home and search for jobs or get up and roam the city wit your file? How reliant and effective can online job search be in this country? If you got a job via this means pls share your story and lil advice. These my friends are almost giving up hope, one of them has actually given up and joined in his father in the market. In addition they are all polytechnic graduates and it makes it more difficult for them. Thanks for you comments.
Re: Online Job Hunting... How Reliable/Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Chionyins(m): 3:17am On Apr 30, 2012
@ Sigba,
Really interesting.... my understanding is that yes its possible i have heard people getting jobs from abroad mostly though through the net
However as a starter fresh from school in 9ja think everything one can do is just right to find a job ...MY ADVICE is to do as much: internet, handing in c.v.,
literally as much as its cost effective to one's resources ITS NOT EASY.
But things have OPENED UP in our dear country ... one can start on his/her own!
there is a growth of opportunities...then again its start up costs for a fresher with limited funds so the cycle of job hunting should be continual
But i may suggest getting to do something that would generate an income in any fashion that one can manage and build on!!!
All the pitch above quite from the heart thus an opportunity i need to introduce to you maybe you would allow me to post same in your posts.
I tend not to just post stuff - links that is promising all sorts, i want to give this opportunity from relationship i may develop like i am trying to do sigba
So if you can do send me an email at audpet30412@gmail.com if sceptical use your ordinary email address and i would reply you asap
cheers and hope to chat with you

1 Like

Re: Online Job Hunting... How Reliable/Effective Is It In Nigeria? by sigba(f): 6:36am On Apr 30, 2012
Thanks, i'll do that. I still need more comments.
Re: Online Job Hunting... How Reliable/Effective Is It In Nigeria? by nitrogen(m): 4:09pm On May 17, 2012
sigba: Hello pals.
This issue has been on my mind for a while and i need your advice. I have some friends who passed out from NYSC a year ago, since then they've been job hunting online. I keep telling them that i dont trust online job hunting in Naija 'cos it's not yielding any results, and they've not gotten a feed back from the all companies they submited their CV's to online.. Pls my question is, is it wise to sit at the comfort of ur home and search for jobs or get up and roam the city wit your file? How reliant and effective can online job search be in this country? If you got a job via this means pls share your story and lil advice. These my friends are almost giving up hope, one of them has actually given up and joined in his father in the market. In addition they are all polytechnic graduates and it makes it more difficult for them. Thanks for you comments.
I think online job hunting works compared to the old fashioned dropping of your c.v in coys.
Anyway,luck is the koko.
Re: Online Job Hunting... How Reliable/Effective Is It In Nigeria? by sigba(f): 5:43pm On May 18, 2012
nitrogen:
I think online job hunting works compared to the old fashioned dropping of your c.v in coys.
Anyway,luck is the koko.
Thanks.
Re: Online Job Hunting... How Reliable/Effective Is It In Nigeria? by upengineer: 4:07pm On May 19, 2012
@ sigba
Personally, am a living testimony to online job haunting perticularly nairaland.com. I have goten two oferrs from vacancies i applied to on this site and both are offshore. The first job was a Drilling rig catering job, i worked for few months and resigned to take up another offer from a company i also applied to on this site and you wouldnt want to believe that the second job is an OFFSHORE oil and gas job meaninig i work offshore now and i saw both vacancies here. If you want me to provide the link to both vacanies on nairaland.com, i will be very happy to do that. I also got another one at Ikoyi also from the position i applied to on this site. I didnt take that offer because am not just comfortable with the pay(50K). So, the lesson from my story is this: your friends should not always look out for names of big companies before they apply and they should cultivate the habit of doing a thorough search. The links of all the vacancies are available on nairaland if you need verification
Re: Online Job Hunting... How Reliable/Effective Is It In Nigeria? by sigba(f): 9:39pm On May 19, 2012
upengineer: @ sigba
Personally, am a living testimony to online job haunting perticularly nairaland.com. I have goten two oferrs from vacancies i applied to on this site and both are offshore. The first job was a Drilling rig catering job, i worked for few months and resigned to take up another offer from a company i also applied to on this site and you wouldnt want to believe that the second job is an OFFSHORE oil and gas job meaninig i work offshore now and i saw both vacancies here. If you want me to provide the link to both vacanies on nairaland.com, i will be very happy to do that. I also got another one at Ikoyi also from the position i applied to on this site. I didnt take that offer because am not just comfortable with the pay(50K). So, the lesson from my story is this: your friends should not always look out for names of big companies before they apply and they should cultivate the habit of doing a thorough search. The links of all the vacancies are available on nairaland if you need verification
Wow, i'm encouraged, i'll start encouraging them from now and i hope to start searching too. Thanks alot.

1 Like

Re: Online Job Hunting... How Reliable/Effective Is It In Nigeria? by prettyduru: 11:19am On Feb 21, 2013
I would say both works, the most important thing is that one is making efforts. Don't just be one-sided about it, if you must go for unsolicited job hunt, pls do and if you can apply online, one shuld too. Who knows? Just be up and doing.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancies From Jegin Consult / UBA Recruitment 2013. Any News About The Cv's Submitted Last Month? / P&G Internship Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.