Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt (12143 Views)

Shiites Attempted Assassination Of Buratai, The Chief-Of-Army-Staff In Zaria / Assassination Attempt On Ekweremadu / Assassination Attempt On Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 30, 2012

EDO State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, yesterday claimed that the accident involving his convoy at the weekend in which three journalists died was an attempt on his life because the tipper driver rammed into his official vehicle while the smaller car he was personally driving escaped by the whiskers.

In a reaction, the Edo State chapters of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) yesterday condoled with the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) and the Edo State government over the death of the three journalists.

The three dead journalists are George Okosun and Fidelis Ohani (cameramen) and Olatunji Jacob, a reporter.

The PDP, in a condolence message signed by its Publicity Secretary, Matthew Uroghide, “views the death of the three persons as a colossal loss to the journalism profession in particular and the state in general.”

On its part, the state NMA in a condolence statement by its chairman, secretary and spokesman, Philip Ugbodaga, Emmanuel Ighodaro and Dr. Kennedy Alohan respectively, said the “Association is pained as we had severally worked with them (deceased journalists) in the course of our health and political advocacy and can easily attest to their industry, dedication and commitment to the practice of their profession. Their death represents a very sad loss not only to the journalism profession but to the entire nation and to humanity.”

Also, Delta State Governor, Emmanuel Uduaghan, has expressed “shock and sadness” over the death of three journalists.

And the Labour Party (LP) yesterday called for an immediate probe of the crash.

Oshiomhole, who gave a graphic description of the incident, told the media at Government House, Benin City yesterday that it took officials 40 minutes to remove the victims from the mangled bus.

His words: “If I was in my regular official jeep, the guy could have hit me. I was in a small car, which I decided to drive myself. If I was in my official jeep, it could have been my lot. The tipper driver pushed my small car off the road and then crushed the one journalists were driving in.

“Now, it is a straight road and not a bend so if he was losing control, he could have swerved into the bush. When I asked the motor boy yesterday where the driver was, he said the driver had opened the door of the vehicle and left. The motor boy claimed the driver just asked him to follow him on the trip.

“But I asked him, you are not under 18 and somebody just tell you follow me and then the man passed his town, passed another and got to another local council and you still did not ask questions? Well, we’ve asked the SSS and the police to investigate. Then before we know anything, PDP is already issuing condolence message.

But in a reaction yesterday on the insinuation that his party may have a fore-knowledge of the incident, Uroghide said it was wrong for anybody to read meanings into its condolence message.
Source
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by nuclearboy(m): 7:47am On Apr 30, 2012
shocked

Then before we know anything, PDP is already issuing condolence message.

PDP, power!
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by 9icest: 7:48am On Apr 30, 2012
Pathetic edeot! You experienced firsthand, whatever most Nigerians go through daily on our useless roads where there are no driving rules or regulations, and instead of resorting to repairing all those death traps you celebrate as roads, you are now resorting to mud slinging, blaming witches and PDP. I think next time, death wont be so kind. Abeg, go do your work well well jare before you experience another one which might end you! Mtschew!

7 Likes

Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Kobojunkie: 7:53am On Apr 30, 2012
9icest: Pathetic edeot! You experienced firsthand, whatever most Nigerians go through daily on our useless roads where there are no driving rules or regulations, and instead of resorting to repairing all those death traps you celebrate as roads, you are now resorting to mud slinging, blaming witches and PDP. I think next time, death wont be so kind. Abeg, go do your work well well jare before you experience another one which might end you! Mtschew!

No mind am!!!! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Nedu31(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2012
poverty Development Party(PDP)can do anything to cling to power.Evil Anine on duty again.
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by jmaine: 8:15am On Apr 30, 2012
oga Oshiomhole . .. . Well done, we know you are highly fortified and barricaded against few events such as this lipsrsealed . . .well this is an election year in Edo state . . .so mudslinging,accusations and counter accusations are allowed grin . . . . .
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 30, 2012
9icest: Pathetic edeot! You experienced firsthand, whatever most Nigerians go through daily on our useless roads where there are no driving rules or regulations, and instead of resorting to repairing all those death traps you celebrate as roads, you are now resorting to mud slinging, blaming witches and PDP. I think next time, death wont be so kind. Abeg, go do your work well well jare before you experience another one which might end you! Mtschew!
you dey mind the e-diot, using the tragic death of these journalists to score cheap political points.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Rhino5dm: 8:29am On Apr 30, 2012
PDP the blood sucking machine is at it again! "Nest of killers" can do anything to capture power, including mobilising boko haram to bayelsa state.
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by dadicvila(m): 8:37am On Apr 30, 2012
If you ask me na who i go ask?i wunt be quick to dismiss his allegation though,we have all been witnesses to what pdp are capable of doing in an election year like this.....

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Okijajuju1(m): 9:28am On Apr 30, 2012
Publicity stunts. . .

Which kind assasination attempt be that?!

Even me sef for fit plan a better one than that!!

Make this guy drex go far jare, instead of am to admit say ehn convoy been dey misdrive, ehn dey wan blame PDP.
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by doctokwus: 9:30am On Apr 30, 2012
Its a shame,I expected much more from Oshiomole.I guess d average nigerian 'juju' mentality & 'my village people are after me' has not left in.A driver in d full glare of ur security wt d unpredictability &of a governors route wt its massive encourage will b so precise& take all dat risk,just to kill oga Oshiomole;ah,I Yawn!
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by GoldCircle: 9:41am On Apr 30, 2012
This comrade guy got it all wrong! Things like this happen every day on that road! it is the negligence of government. Very typical of an African man to immediately suspect his enemies.
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 30, 2012
Who killed harry marshal,Dikkibo,Bola Ige ? Abeg,oshiomhole dont under-estimate pdp o.No be today them dey kill person for convoy o.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Thatdave(m): 9:43am On Apr 30, 2012
Accidents are not planned, except the one who will hit the vehicle is on suicide mission.

But he said the driver walked away(untouched), so how come 3 journalists died.
Seems old Oshiomole is trying to capitalise on his mishap to gain sympathy vote cheesy

If PDP want to assassinate you, they will. No time for tipper drivers.
This is politics, the journalists may have died before the accident cheesy
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Ninapha(f): 9:44am On Apr 30, 2012
PDP eeeeeeeeeeeee Power Destroyn People. Anyway, they MAY not be the destroyers this time but sure their forwardness raises insinuation either as actors or celebrators of actions such as this.
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 30, 2012
You aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ pathetic idio. t of a brainless heritage.
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 30, 2012
Thatdave: Accidents are not planned, except the one who will hit the vehicle is on suicide mission.

Seems old Oshiomole is trying to capitalise on his mishap to gain sympathy vote cheesy

Did you read where he said his own personal seems to be the target ? If you are conversant with a convoy,it means some vehicle in the front were not attacked but the tipper decided to attack at the point of his own vehicle.whether it is planned or not,the whole thing looks suspicious.Btw,why did it happen on the day he was supposed to launch his campaign ?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Demdem(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2012
Thatdave: Accidents are not planned, except the one who will hit the vehicle is on suicide mission.

This is politics,the journalists may have died before the accident cheesy

REVEALING.
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Kobojunkie: 9:52am On Apr 30, 2012
Tire blow . . . na PDP or Boko Haram do am.

cow fart for state where Governor no be PDP Governor . . . na PDP do am.

However, when cow-fart for a PDP State, na normal thing, and When people die in Boko Haram states, na business as usual . . .

abeg . . make we hear word o'jare!!!
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by eseosa77(m): 10:23am On Apr 30, 2012
We all know its a calculated attempt to eliminate oshio baba.Forgeting that he is a destined child to rule and lead.The oppositon believe that the only way to challenge july 14th,is to try as much as possible to eliminate him.God NO GO GREE FOR DEM OOOOO
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by doctokwus: 10:29am On Apr 30, 2012
Once u bliv in "juju" & "village witches",there is no limit to which u won't attribute every mishap or life challenge to dem,evn when human error& poor infrastucture are d obvious culprits.Mere looking @Oshiomole,u wud know he is d type dat bliv first in stuff like that dan on hard facts.
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Funkymallam(m): 10:29am On Apr 30, 2012
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Redhot111(m): 10:45am On Apr 30, 2012
How we go take sure say no be him even use dem(the journalists) as sacrifice 2 secure d next election?
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by begwong: 11:03am On Apr 30, 2012
blink182: You aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ pathetic idio. t of a brainless heritage.
2nded,his medula is filled wit poo!
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by rasputinn(m): 11:33am On Apr 30, 2012
This has got to be the most irresponsible and paranoid comment from any governor the world over

Haba Oshiomhole
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by rasputinn(m): 11:35am On Apr 30, 2012

Tell him abeg

Redhot111: How we go take sure say no be him even use dem(the journalists) as sacrifice 2 secure d next election?

Oh ohh
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by honeric01(m): 11:38am On Apr 30, 2012
Demdem:

REVEALING.

The truth cant hide for long.
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Delafruita(m): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2012
some people seem to have forgotten what pdp and especially anenih is capable of.this was exactly what happened to ngige in anambra.a lorry rammed into his convoy and crashed only his official car.it was only his african insurance that saved him.i believe this was an assasination attempt
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by Delafruita(m): 11:53am On Apr 30, 2012
rasputinn: This has got to be the most irresponsible and paranoid comment from any governor the world over

Haba Oshiomhole
if you were vying for governor of edo with the likes of tony anenih as your opponents,you'd not see it as paranoia'you'd see it as the expected.so he should wait till they kill him?
Re: Oshiomole: It Was An Assassination Attempt by 1025: 11:58am On Apr 30, 2012
@osho,
u are very very lucky and maybe next time, u will not be as lucky as u are this time.
u were the speaker of the masses which made them to vote u in to continue the good works but u stabbed the masses at the back and now you wine and wine with the same ppl u call evil which means u are now an evil man.
this accident could be the product of ur closed door meeting with the devil himself(obasanjo).
nigerian politicians are not in any way different from satan.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote To Site $8bn Refinery In Olokola FTZ / Pictures Of The Commissioned Awka Substation / Buhari Asks Security Forces To ‘Make Insecurity Part Of Nigeria’s History'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.