Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch (14066 Views)

Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / Nairalanders Please Watch Out - Scam / Nigerians In Chinese Prisions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 11:13am On May 08, 2012
grin grin grin grin Bush man!
Mr professor,check yourself first,all you ever do is criticize! Were you not made mistakes in your posts. Beside,not all that lives in a better place have a common sense.perhaps,you think you are on top of the worldcheesy and does NL rules said you can't abbreviate the words? However,i joined NL basically to contribute and to gain something from experienced people unlike you..please dont develop hypertension on my write-up,just contribute and if you dont have,Bleep off !!!

BUSH MAN: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you see! now i can read your writing, there is no need to abbreviate,there is also no need getting angry and oh! if you also beleive that my name is "BUSH MAN" you are more inadequate than i thought,if i tell you were i live you may not beleive it,you even made few mistake in your latest writing, but thats fine, atleast you tried. anyway i ve made my point thats all that matters enjoy..
grin

BUSH MAN: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you see! now i can read your writing, there is no need to abbreviate,there is also no need getting angry and oh! if you also beleive that my name is "BUSH MAN" you are more inadequate than i thought,if i tell you were i live you may not beleive it,you even made few mistake in your latest writing, but thats fine, atleast you tried. anyway i ve made my point thats all that matters enjoy..
Mr professor,check yourself first,all you ever do is criticize! Were you not made mistakes in your posts. Beside,not all that lives in a better place have a common sense and you probably think you are on top of the world

grin

Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by BUSHMAN1: 6:47pm On May 08, 2012
Demaejy: grin grin grin grin Bush man!
Mr professor,check yourself first,all you ever do is criticize! Were you not made mistakes in your posts. Beside,not all that lives in a better place have a common sense.perhaps,you think you are on top of the worldcheesy and does NL rules said you can't abbreviate the words? However,i joined NL basically to contribute and to gain something from experienced people unlike you..please dont develop hypertension on my write-up,just contribute and if you dont have,Bleep off !!!

grin

Mr professor,check yourself first,all you ever do is criticize! Were you not made mistakes in your posts. Beside,not all that lives in a better place have a common sense and you probably think you are on top of the world

grin

ok! i get the massage you did`nt have to scatter my comment all over N/L,and i am not on top of the world, anyway when ever you are in california,let me know i will buy you a beer, i like your sense of humor. now! lets move on!
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 08, 2012
BUSH MAN: ok! i get the massage you did`nt have to scatter my comment all over N/L,and i am not on top of the world, anyway when ever you are in california,let me know i will buy you a beer, i like your sense of humor. now! lets move on!
I dont move with drunkard. So,you are in california and that granted you are superior and to be critics!i laugh in yorubacheesy,and i have seen that you re writing in America english which i felt sorry for you that you dont know where NL belongs to. We re using british english in Nig,ok...Ehn en,i know you might have drunk while you are writing-up because all your posts didn't match this topic. So, if you are a comedian,plz go and open another topic for jokes.
Please don't take this thread for another things.
Drunkard! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy:Dx
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 12, 2012
Demaejy: Some pple in diz forum said China is equally strict to evryone including their citizens which its a lie and i can say they re more n more strict to Nigerians in particular because i hv once applied to one university there, whre d sch welkom me in sensible manner n i was told by their intl office dt my adm is click dt i shld provide whre to snd my acceptance letter to.....abt 2weeks later,i was emailed dt my applctn was canclled by thier autonomous region gov...oh,i felt da pain seriously!! And i probably knw dt is bcs am frm Nig..

how did you come to the conclusion that they treat Nigerians worse than others?! did you have any access to ALL the application forms sent to them? maybe it was just YOU, as many Nigerians study in China and have absolutely no problem with their applications.

bluecole2: Emotional, sad for the poor families. Regardless of what the offences might be, people deserve to have a fair trial, be it in Nigeria, China or elsewhere around the world.

It's a shame some of the members of this forum don't understand what's is like to be in trouble thousands of miles away from home. Being in a better jail doesn't change anything, knowing you don't have a voice.

there is a huge difference between committing a crime and being in trouble thousands of miles away. here is a difference: you get robbed of your money/passport/CC etc in a foreign country, thats getting in trouble. you knowingly commit a crime punishable by death, thats being a dumbass criminal that deserves anything that comes your way.

if anyone has a problem with China track record on human right then there is a very simple solution: DONT GO TO CHINA and DO DO BUSINESS WITH CHINA!!!!

Think brothers and sister, don't be in a rush to judge. Try to see things from a different view.

what is there to think about? someone did a crime, and are now doing the time. yes, one or two may be innocent but that shouldnt be a reason to dismiss what the true problem is here: Nigerians looking to cut corners, doing crimes, just to make quick and "easy" financial gains.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by onila(f): 4:10pm On May 12, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

how did you come to the conclusion that they treat Nigerians worse than others?! did you have any access to ALL the application forms sent to them? maybe it was just YOU, as many Nigerians study in China and have absolutely no problem with their applications.

there is a huge difference between committing a crime and being in trouble thousands of miles away. here is a difference: you get robbed of your money/passport/CC etc in a foreign country, thats getting in trouble. you knowingly commit a crime punishable by death, thats being a dumbass criminal that deserves anything that comes your way.

if anyone has a problem with China track record on human right then there is a very simple solution: DONT GO TO CHINA and DO DO BUSINESS WITH CHINA!!!!

what is there to think about? someone did a crime, and are now doing the time. yes, one or two may be innocent but that shouldnt be a reason to dismiss what the true problem is here: Nigerians looking to cut corners, doing crimes, just to make quick and "easy" financial gains.

i asked you a question smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/930192/mrbrownjay....r-u-edo-guy
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 11:59am On May 13, 2012
@MRbrownJAY
I didn't come into conclusion but u knw conclusion can b made from what ppl heard and xperienced.Go and read in some Nigerian forum 'the situation of Nigerians in china' yes,many Nigerians re schooling there bt do u knw what evryone of them facing there?may b this is d way God wnt to save me frm prejudice actn of chinese,,,so u can't say its me! I wish ppl reside in china should come and shear their on going situation apart frm d issue of jail,so evryone can knw hw Nig were being treated totally..especially frm student there!
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 13, 2012
@MRbrownj
go and read 'wip7' post in HOW CAN I GET CHINA STUDY VISA........said that, china is no longer admitting Nig students since 2yrs nw,,what does that mean,are they nt strict to Nigerians in particular? Whereas,not all nig are criminal!
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 13, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

check this out!!!
Is all of them a criminal?
www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/dec/25/national-25-12-2011-001.html
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by lillaowow(m): 1:03pm On May 14, 2012
i watched it....... sooo bad..
don't even know what to say
why do people(Nigerians )go to those Asian countries to commit offence?
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 14, 2012
Demaejy: @MRbrownJAY
I didn't come into conclusion but u knw conclusion can b made from what ppl heard and xperienced.Go and read in some Nigerian forum 'the situation of Nigerians in china' yes,many Nigerians re schooling there bt do u knw what evryone of them facing there?may b this is d way God wnt to save me frm prejudice actn of chinese,,,so u can't say its me! I wish ppl reside in china should come and shear their on going situation apart frm d issue of jail,so evryone can knw hw Nig were being treated totally..especially frm student there!

bro, dont listen to what others are saying or judge a country through the failures of others. MANY Nigerian student are going to China for studies. dont get it twisted, many criminals would say that they "dont know why they are in jail" while if you simply do a check, you will see CONCRETE PROOF of their crimes.
again, i was living in China and most Nigerians who abide by their rules have absolutely NO PROBLEMS to live there. in Beijing Nigerians are not well viewed simply because of the drug pushers in Sanlitun who are mostly Nigerians. in Guangzhou there is the biggest concentration of Nigerians (Africans) and the majority are there for BUSINESSS and have never seen a police cell.
Also remember, if you have put yourself as a guarantor for someone who committed a crime, then you are as guilty as them in Chinese laws. so, many "think" they have done nothing while they are GUILTY as hell! educate yourself bro!

if you have the proper visa and follow Chinese laws, then you will have the best time living there......if you dont, oh well!
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 14, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

bro, dont listen to what others are saying or judge a country through the failures of others. MANY Nigerian student are going to China for studies. dont get it twisted, many criminals would say that they "dont know why they are in jail" while if you simply do a check, you will see CONCRETE PROOF of their crimes.
again, i was living in China and most Nigerians who abide by their rules have absolutely NO PROBLEMS to live there. in Beijing Nigerians are not well viewed simply because of the drug pushers in Sanlitun who are mostly Nigerians. in Guangzhou there is the biggest concentration of Nigerians (Africans) and the majority are there for BUSINESSS and have never seen a police cell.
Also remember, if you have put yourself as a guarantor for someone who committed a crime, then you are as guilty as them in Chinese laws. so, many "think" they have done nothing while they are GUILTY as hell! educate yourself bro!

if you have the proper visa and follow Chinese laws, then you will have the best time living there......if you dont, oh well!

Thing people should ask themselves...
Why would you put yourself as a guarantor for anyone, talkless of a Nigerian.
You don't want to be tied to that niggas crimes for the rest of your life. Even the bible, a book all about good morals, calls that Foolishness!

Nigerians need to reason without sentimentality. That sentiment based reasoning is what maintains the corrupt system in the country itself.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 14, 2012
^^^^ you will be surprised how many are doing that with a supposedly "trusted" friend, and then later "claim" to be innocent in jail.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 14, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

..Anyway,chinese law is so strict and Nigeria has no law in which everyone is doing whats like.,,,i could now see that those guilty of chinese law thought they were still in naija...huun,charity begins at home.It seems crazy,how could someone be a guarantor for criminal..However,the righteous always shear when the violators were being punished..well this is another comment frm someone in china..
I think its high time Nigerians should behaved well and keep the image of naija in a good way wthin n outside d country.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 9:50am On May 15, 2012
^^^ i can already hear these criminals, with their retarded mentality, telling you:"is behaving well going to affect the price of garri in the market?"
these criminals are doing the same crimes at home, so it is no surprise that they expand abroad. this is Nigeria we are talking about, the same Nigeria where even lawmakers are thieves. criminals are just copying what the people in power are doing, sadly!!!
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 11:50am On May 15, 2012
^^^Huun,truth talk. The pple in power have used their calous behaviour to initiate youth,teenagers and leaders which makes evryone angry and despirate to do anything......An idle hand is a devil workshop!
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by 19naia(m): 3:14am On May 17, 2012
Sad story but many of the actual guilty ones knew the risks and penalties and decided to accept it and so they accept it....i must comment about Jails in the USA...When i was in nigeria having hard times,i would have probably commit crime in USA just to be held in USA prison,where i will get better food 3 times or 4 times a day unlike my past in nigeria; I would have enjoyed an 8? year sentence where i would be provided free education up to masters or PhD level and free medical; i would recieve counselling and connections of where to work when released and how to manage a good life e.tc....its sad that these things would not be available to me if i was a free honest man in a regular common man society in Nigeria...As it goes,i would need big money just to go USA and commit crime so as to be sentenced to 8 years of luxury before deport back to nigeria to suffer,so the plan defeats itself because it takes being rich to get there.......Still,there was an american man last 2 years ago who was diagnose with disease that will kill him..there was a chance for a new expensive procedure in hospital to save his life,but he is a poor man and was given the cheap option of old therapies and to go home and wait to die...when this man had nothing left to lose,even being in jail was a good life if it would come with free medical treatment for any condition...If being in jail would extend his life yes,he went to commit a crime that did not harm any persons physical body and got sentenced to jail..in jail he was given medical checkup(for free as mandatory) doctor found his disease and ordered to cure him (as mandatory in prisons in USA) he told someone about his scheme and it got out to the news and the prison wanted to punish him for fraud but the public out lashed at the system for spending big money on prisons when they can make good life for honest people so that desperation does not turn him to a criminal who wants only to save his own life...He did not get punished for his deciet and the government used his story to further the cause against the deciet that keeps a rich country like america from having complete health care for all people and not only free medical to criminal,but to free honest people also.....
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by tunnytox(m): 11:11pm On May 17, 2012
Very very sad indeed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by tunnytox(m): 11:32am On May 18, 2012
Believe it or not some if not many of these convicts will be innocent, some may even be set up by some Chinese so they can take over their business or money.
I'll rather not judge anyone in the absence of a more transparent and fair trial.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 11:40am On May 18, 2012
^^^ yes it is possible in 10% of the cases (like anywhere else in the world) but do you actually believe that Nigerians are dumb enough to fall for this shiit, if it happened as often as you seem to claim? come on now, you make them look more stoopid than they actually are. GREEDY, yes...but STOOPID?! i think not.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Vicjustice: 3:54pm On May 18, 2012
Just watched the documentary, sad and interesting. But don't be surprised that if the number of Nigerians in China jails increases rather than decreases
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 20, 2012
Why is femi falana barking like this. Make dem act and stop barking like dogs on TV abeg. smh
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 28, 2012
@Thread
a British lady was just caught with about 5kg of cocaine in Bali, this is normally an automatic death sentence (no question asked), but you guys should watch closely how the UK gov is going to troop around the case, and try their hardest that this criminal be spared....... and even if she is eventually executed, at least the Gov would have done everything in their power to save her.

different countries and different priorities when it comes to their citizens.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by justwise(m): 8:14pm On May 28, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @Thread
a British lady was just caught with about 5kg of cocaine in Bali, this is normally an automatic death sentence (no question asked), but you guys should watch closely how the UK gov is going to troop around the case, and try their hardest that this criminal be spared....... and even if she is eventually executed, at least the Gov would have done everything in their power to save her.

different countries and different priorities when it comes to their citizens.

Yea i saw the news and i felt nothing for her, surely the British Govt will fight to save her life, but the best they can get for her is life sentence saving her from death sentence.
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by ezicat: 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2012
As most have pointed out, I too care nothing for these criminals IF they are guilty of the crime. Therefore, the Nigerian embassy needs to ensure that they get a fair trial and inform their families (I'm not holding my breath though since most Nigerian embassies have the same level of incompetence as anything run by the Nigerian government).

I strongly believe that if you do the crime, you should pay the price, so I'm not for criminal exchanges - so they can come home and bribe their way out of jail? No thanks.

As for being desperate - perhaps if they don't have more children than they can afford, they won't resort to crime. Actually, they probably will because it's all about greed, isn't it? As another has pointed out, women also need to wise up, and stop being so damn vulnerable and gullible. Four children who all happen to be under five. Ever heard of a condom?
Re: Nigerians In Chinese Jails_ Please Watch by dcpublius: 10:04am On Jun 05, 2012
I come to this forum as a foreigner who may soon be travelling to Nigeria for the first time. I found this thread and feel inclined to comment as some of the replies here seem very naive.

During my life, I have lived or traveled extensively on five continents and have visited many countries.

I can not think of even [i]one place [/i]where Nigerians have a positive reputation. Nightlife districts all over Asia seem to have a drug-dealing/fraud/scamming Nigerian contingent. Nigerians are drug dealing almost in the open in countries where penalty is death. It is so flagrant, tourists are amazed at how open they are about the trade considering the risks. There are other drug dealers in those countries and it is a very underground business, but Nigerians are downright brazen in this trade. It is common knowledge that Nigerians are major players in the drug trade in many countries.

And in the USA/EU, the first thing Nigerians are associated with is the "Nigerian 419 Scams."

Experience and observation tells me that most of these guys are guilty as sin. However, most Asian countries are very racist against Blacks so I'm sure they are not cutting Nigerians many brakes and maybe sometimes innocent people get caught up also. But that is not the norm. I don't know how things are on the ground in Nigeria - I heard it's a very corrupt country - but if you saw what Nigerians are trying to get away with in other countries and how brazen the Nigerian drug dealers are, you would be shocked that only 300 of them are in Chinese prison.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The UK officially The Worst Place Live In Europe? / Top 10 Most Feared Forests In Nigeria Even Government Fears To Enter / Thinking Of Relocating To Canada.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.