Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (39033 Views)

Info For All Those Who Want To Travel To Vietnam To Buy Clothes/shoes Etc / This Is A Desert… But Once A Year It Turns Into Something Else / 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by NaLaugh: 10:29am On Sep 09, 2013
If you are scared of corpses, DO NOT watch.

I'm not sure what the guy in the video is saying (Igbo), and i don't know if this video is old or recent.

It is crazy how desperation drives people to their deaths. Can someone who understands Igbo kindly summarize what the guy is saying?

It is most likely that they were on a journey via the desert through Niger to North Africa where they would have proceeded through Morocco to Spain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfRdcjUDe7w
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Africandope(m): 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
Wow i think we need reformation
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by BrightCar: 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
Na Laugh: If you are scared of corpses, DO NOT watch.

I'm not sure what the guy in the video is saying (Igbo), and i don't know if this video is old or recent.

It is crazy how desperation drives people to their deaths. Can someone who understands Igbo kindly summarize what the guy is saying?

It is most likely that they were on a journey via the desert through Niger to North Africa where they would have proceeded through Morocco to Spain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfRdcjUDe7w
PHOTO SHOP
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by lilTunechi(m): 2:36pm On Sep 09, 2013
BrightCar: its a pity
indeed
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Lilimax(f): 2:36pm On Sep 09, 2013
Either he makes it in life or die trying to make it
Na by force to go to Europe?
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by wizberrysokey(m): 2:36pm On Sep 09, 2013
Europe ma foot..I LOVE NIGERIA.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Wendyslim(f): 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
Hmmmmm dat is serious
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
wether u Iike it or not, the road to success is not tea and bread, some will make it while others die on the way. the billionaires u see today went through more dangerous life journeys than this!!

SO DESERT OR NO DESERT THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!!!!!

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by herbeytv(m): 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
The guy dey tell you shey ASUU is celebrating it 70days old today so enjoy yourself and don't panic. #skelewu on point..
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Kairoseki77: 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
I think he is saying Fresh Air and GEJ is Working. grin

Or, please send me a cup of water. sad

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by zaragoza(m): 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
See Morocco see Spain

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2013

See what those in power caused. After they will tell students not to give up on Nigeria. NIGERIA CAUSED THIS. Had the country been liveable, stuff like this wouldn't happen.
Nothing works in this shithole! Even to post this frustrated me to no end because of network ish.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by jmoore(m): 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
My people perish for lack of knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
There ws a country
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by homesteady(m): 2:42pm On Sep 09, 2013
Na wa oh! I better kill myslef, than commit this type of suicide

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by AbuMikey(m): 2:42pm On Sep 09, 2013
Its an Old video!! Emerged in 2011 to be Precise.
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 09, 2013
First tinz: first page noni!! Wow wat a country,u can imaging hw messed up d country is 4 sombody 2 undatake such a journey. I 2 must leave dis country o! But no b lyk dis haba!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Lilimax(f): 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
Abu Mikey: Its an Old video!! Emerged in 2011 to be Precise.
But some people are watching it for the first time undecided.
How about that ?

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
well to those who could not decipher wat d guy was saying in igbo.. this is wat he said..

he was trying to let us know, tht this were people from nigeria, on their way to europe, but couldnt make it...

he said, tht they kept looking for water, and even resorted to drinking their urines, but even the urines got exhausted... then they died of hunger and thirst... and he said tht d degree of sun in tht desert is just too much, therefore if it keeps shinning down on those dead bodies, it wouldnt decay for even hundred years. .

he now encouraged nigerians tht are so eager to travel out, to stay back, instead of dying this useless way... and he also said tht if God would want to bless yhu, he can still locate u where ever u are.. whether in a nigerian village or abroad..

THIS was the best i could make out from wat he was saying.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by OmolodMilkman93(m): 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2013
end time tins

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Gboliwe: 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
na wa
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by U90INDIVERSIT(m): 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
OMG!!! THIS IS PATHETIC. A PIECE OF ADVICE TO US ALL. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL, PLS FLY! COS I FLEW WHILE TRAVELING, THEREFORE, WE MUST ALL FLY TO AVOID THIS KIND OF SH***T!
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by dridowu: 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
Y struggle through d desert just bcoc i want to runaway from nigeria. I still love 9ja even though fg cant provide me power 247...........................
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Boll2010: 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
Wtf! The guy never died! His stil breathing#can sum1 pls feel his pulse#yyyyy! Save a soul#grin grin
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
My best try:

-If you look you'll see bodies of young Igbo youths that wanted to go to Europe, trekking abroad through Sahara Desert in Niger Republic.
-The place is so arid, no water at all. They died, rain fell on them and heat condition has embalmed/frozen them.
-We are begging/warning our youths to desist from false promises of going abroad to lands filled with milk and honey
-They move in groups of 50 to 100 but only about 5 per group normally survive.
-So please warn brothers and sisters to avoid this journey abroad as the risk is too much. They go abroad, die on the way and people back home keep patiently waiting for them in vain
-Please be content with whatever station you are in life and work hard, God knows best and will bless accordingly.

video's is 5min.30secs. half of which dead bodies of people in desert are shown. last minute shows a guy very lucky to be rescued from desert who's extremely dehydrated and so water is being poured on him.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by sambroose(m): 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
Chia ihe neme
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
Hustle ......

in another news

Uniport dun scatter sha #ASUU www.nairaland.com/1431955/ASUU-strike-protest-uniport-blocks
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Omen100(m): 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
wonders shall never end. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe by Nicepoker(m): 2:53pm On Sep 09, 2013
SimonAndal:
See what those in power caused. After they will tell students not to give up on Nigeria. NIGERIA CAUSED THIS. Had the country been liveable, stuff like this wouldn't happen.
Nothing works in this shithole! Even to post this frustrated me to no end because of network ish.
that !diot must be ur relative .4rm the way ur reason am convince he is ur uncle

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Owerri. The Magnificence Of A City In the East. / Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic / Truck Rams Into Tricycle In Onitsha, One Dies, Others Injured (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.