Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? (14498 Views)

Dhgate Vs Aliexpress: Which Do You Prefer? / Buying From Dhgate.com / Www.dhgate.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by omotola1(m): 12:57am On May 01, 2012
Pls i need enlightenment about these two importation platforms. Has anyone tried DHgate? Their mobile trade platform looks very good. But are they trust worthy? I‘m considering making my orders either from DHgate or Alibaba pls i need serious advice.
Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by agiboma(f): 1:48am On May 01, 2012
why not try Ebay? To me its the safest, most sellers if they are genuine and real will be on ebay, do your research so you dont loose oo.
Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by chrishenzo: 2:15am On May 01, 2012
I have heard about Dhgate but I haven't use it before. You can try Chrisvicmall( www.chrisvicmall.com) service. We handle the payment for you. You don't need any credit card or paypal since you will be paying in naira.

1 Like

Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by SAPNET: 2:49am On May 01, 2012
Both have their pros and cons. Alibaba is where you can deal with the manufacturer directly but sometimes their MOQ's will scare you. Dhgate is filled by wholesalers who might give you a better deal than the manufacturer due to discounts they enjoy. If you require products built to your specification, use Alibaba and if not use Dhgate.

Alibaba is where you can easily encounter the "forty thieves" as they offer little protection in their reputation rating system. It is more difficult for scammers to operate in Dhgate.

In terms of payment, Dhgate offers the facility to take payments for sellers which is unavailable in Alibaba. Moreso they will only pay sellers when you confirm reciept of your goods. You pay directly to the seller in Alibaba and your funds could simply disappear.

Most of our customers prefer Dhgate and we provide a stress free payment service for all your Dhgate and Alibaba transactions.
Visit us today at www.sapnetsolutions.co.uk

2 Likes

Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by Bblife1: 1:24pm On May 02, 2012
Can one buy caustic soda from China thru sapnet? If yes, i am a novice i want detail procedure
Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by SAPNET: 4:00pm On May 02, 2012
Bb life: Can one buy caustic soda from China thru sapnet? If yes, i am a novice i want detail procedure

If the seller agrees to send the product straight to you then we can help you purchase. We are not licensed to handle corrosive materials hence you need to get the dealer to ship straight to you. We can handle any payment in the world. So long as value is exchanged.
Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by Bblife1: 5:33pm On May 02, 2012
Can u help me in sourcing for it pls ?
Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by XtremeBase(f): 3:20pm On May 05, 2012
1stCitizen:

You have further shown what I said earlier, Immaturity! When you comment on other sections like romance, you could use childish sarcastic language but not in the business section where you have matured business minded people.

I just went back to what he or she wrote and did not see the basis for mentioning escrow since its not a mandatory service. In DHGate, you MUST use their payment system just as he or she wrote.

Secondly, Less than 30% of the sellers in Alibaba will agree on using escrow(FACT) SO Again you are wrong to even try to mislead people into thinking Alibaba escrow service is standard for all transaction. IT IS NOT. Try and use both sites before coming here to condemn others.

Thirdly, there is nothing wrong in comparing Alibaba and DHgate. They are both platforms for the exchange of commodities even if the have different modes of operation.

SO Again you are wrong to even try to mislead people into
thinking Alibaba escrow service is standard for all transaction

Read my post again.
You seem to be hard of understanding.
Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 05, 2012
XtremeBase:

SO Again you are wrong to even try to mislead people into
thinking Alibaba escrow service is standard for all transaction

Read my post again.
You seem to be hard of understanding.

When is Seun going to fix the firewall for Juveniles?

Remember this
The person i quoted did not mention escrow, which is a buyer's protection system

So why have you also failed to mention that this service is not standard? Misleading isn't it? Its not by force to comment on Nairaland. If you do not have anything meaningful to say, shut that trap. That is where I am getting at.
Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 05, 2012
1stCitizen:

Why do some of us always write with so much display of immaturity. It is a well known fact that Alibaba is a den of scammers and you need to be on top of your game to safeguard your funds while Dhgate offers a payment service. You only choose to to use the so called escrow service in Alibaba if both parties agree while Dhgate forces you to use their payment services.

I have read all the posts on the this thread and you seem to be the only immature poster(based on your judgemental tone) here that knows the least about these sites.

The post that you foolishly condemn is not far from the truth. I note that it claims " they both have their pros and cons" and one makes it more difficult for scammers because it has a more robust reputation rating system. Where is the wrong information here that is making you twist your immature neck?
You clearly stated my mind. ℓ̊ dislike ignorant and arrogant people. They aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ wrong and refuse τ̅☺ be corrected.
Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by scottabj(m): 11:11pm On May 05, 2012
chrishenzo: I have heard about Dhgate but I haven't use it before. You can try Chrisvicmall( www.chrisvicmall.com) service. We handle the payment for you. You don't need any credit card or paypal since you will be paying in naira.

I want to buy from this guys but still thinking
Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by Mighty4life: 2:10am On Sep 11, 2014
Dear nairalanders, I have been following alibaba for sometime now, this people quotes are just too cheap to believe. Now am at the point of making paying to have my product shipped to Nigeria. But this people insist on paying before the goods are send and also insist while I pay through a western union or pay into a bank account in china. I don't want to loose a penny from my hard earn money. Moreover I advice I pay into an escrow account, the supplier never contacted me again.Please I need advice and contribution here.
Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
Don't send the money to him or any suppliers who don't want escrow payment. You are dealing with a Scammer Don't send the money to him or any suppliers who don't want escrow payment. You are dealing with a Scammer Don't send the money to him or any suppliers who don't want escrow payment. You are dealing with a Scammer

1 Like

Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by tonjeola(m): 4:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mighty4life: Dear nairalanders, I have been following alibaba for sometime now, this people quotes are just too cheap to believe. Now am at the point of making paying to have my product shipped to Nigeria. But this people insist on paying before the goods are send and also insist while I pay through a western union or pay into a bank account in china. I don't want to loose a penny from my hard earn money. Moreover I advice I pay into an escrow account, the supplier never contacted me again.Please I need advice and contribution here.
Tell the supplier that you have agent in china, if agree on "Pay on Delivery" let me know, i will give u agent u can use and they will help u pay when they see ur goods before paying

1 Like

Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by Mighty4life: 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2014
Pls how can we get in touch ?
Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by Mighty4life: 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
@ tonjeola, thank u so much.pls how can we get in touch? Can u send me a mail .
Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by tonjeola(m): 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2014
Mighty4life: @ tonjeola, thank u so much.pls how can we get in touch? Can u send me a mail .
I will pm u now, just reply to get my mail. tanq
Re: Dhgate vs Alibaba... Which is better? by TechPanda(m): 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2018
This thread has been up for a while but I'll still drop my contribution. grin

DHgate and Alibaba are both great. Both has its pros and cons though one makes it more difficult for scammers because it has a more robust reputation rating system

You should check out this DHgate vs Alibaba Review

(1) (Reply)

Procrastination In Business And How I Got Over It - Marvejohndaily.com / Dangote Plans Fuel Exports To Europe, Others / COVID-19 Loans: CBN Receives Eight Million Applications, Disburses ₦400 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.