Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (921811 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Allybert: 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
House please I need your help. I finished my National Diploma in August last year and I filled it as the highest level of education completed in the DS-230 form sent to KCC. Now interview have been schedule but I have not gotten my ND certifcate. Plus I have a reference meaning that my certificate will not be ready anytime soon. And I have been schedule for interview already. ............ Please house, what can I do or what should I get to show to the CO on the day of my interview? Do you think a letter of introduction or any documemt from my school will suffice?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by daddykelly(m): 7:51pm On Jan 03, 2013
emybaby2: Hurray, i've been given my visa today, am so happy. I woke up early and arrived the place and we were checked in by 6:30am. Passed through the security check and got in. We did the documentation i.e gave my original and photocopied documents. I forgot to include 2 photocopied marriage certificate rather it was one and they wrote it down in my form that one certificate is out. That was the only error i made though i was nervous. Then we waited again. When it was time for the interview, window 16 who is a white lady was so tough with so much drilling of people with questions. The first couple for DV there were rejected by her. Up to 5 people went and she either refer them for the next day or told them that they have failed. A particular woman with a family of 5 children and her husband were denied their DV visa. What i come to know is that if you can't answer or defend your education and also know dates of birth, time you went to school etc, then there will be problems. The woman in window 13 was so nice and was handing down visas like water only denied one man. Who wasn't a DV applicant.
After praying that i should not pass through the white woman, believing God for window 13 when i was called to window 16(the white woman.)
CO: Goodmorning, put your fingers on this
(After fingerprint, myself and husband, she told my husband to go and sit.)
co: when did you finish secondary school?(i told here and she count the credits in my paper)
co: what was your favourite subject in secondary school
me: English
co: give me details of what you learned in English literature( i explained)
co: you are a registered nurse, give me the details of your nursing practise(i did)
co:if a patient is sick, how do you manage the patient(i explained)
co: let me see your wedding photos(i flipped open the album for her and she saw the pictures of my bridesmaid and stoped to ask who they were)
co: where did you meet your husband
me: in the church
co: which church did you marry(told her)
co: when did you marry(told her)
co: did you go to church last week
me: yes i did
co: i will give you a visa and you will get it next week thursday.
Me: thank you.
That is how i scaled through the woman, looking her straight in the face and God helped me. Pls i like the black woman of window 13, she gave time to people who are nervous to think.
Above all this, all glory belong to my GOD.
congratz dear,a good start for 2013.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by saddy101(m): 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
@emybaby2 congratulation!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2013
Hello hse,jst 4 d benefit of those that intend to travel by february,am jst returning 4m d intl Airport to make booking i dint realy go round cos of d security checks @ d airport and d traffic was hell.@Royal Air Maroc,Lagos to JFK New York is N138,500(one way) d flight price is high at d moment dis price is only for february ending that i intend to fly so it is advisable to book in advance.thank u
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2013
Happy new year house...pls house quick one, what an what I nd frm my host has details? 2 av n hand.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
emybaby2: Hurray, i've been given my visa today, am so happy. I woke up early and arrived the place and we were checked in by 6:30am. Passed through the security check and got in. We did the documentation i.e gave my original and photocopied documents. I forgot to include 2 photocopied marriage certificate rather it was one and they wrote it down in my form that one certificate is out. That was the only error i made though i was nervous. Then we waited again. When it was time for the interview, window 16 who is a white lady was so tough with so much drilling of people with questions. The first couple for DV there were rejected by her. Up to 5 people went and she either refer them for the next day or told them that they have failed. A particular woman with a family of 5 children and her husband were denied their DV visa. What i come to know is that if you can't answer or defend your education and also know dates of birth, time you went to school etc, then there will be problems. The woman in window 13 was so nice and was handing down visas like water only denied one man. Who wasn't a DV applicant.
After praying that i should not pass through the white woman, believing God for window 13 when i was called to window 16(the white woman.)
co: when did you finish secondary school?(i told here and she count the credits in my paper)
co: you are a registered nurse, give me the details of your nursing practise(i did)
co: let me see your wedding photos(i flipped open the album for her and she saw the pictures of my bridesmaid and stoped to ask who they were)
That is how i scaled through the woman, looking her straight in the face and God helped me. Pls i like the black woman of window 13, she gave time to people who are nervous to think.
congrats emy! Go live d American dream!
Thanks be to God!!!

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
Allybert: House please I need your help. I finished my National Diploma in August last year and I filled it as the highest level of education completed in the DS-230 form sent to KCC. Now interview have been schedule but I have not gotten my ND certifcate. Plus I have a reference meaning that my certificate will not be ready anytime soon. And I have been schedule for interview already. ............ Please house, what can I do or what should I get to show to the CO on the day of my interview? Do you think a letter of introduction or any documemt from my school will suffice?

If you can lay hold of your admission letter, student ID card, school fee receipts, statement of result (different from notification of result) or a letter from your faculty/department addressed to whom it may concern, you are good to go.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 9:49pm On Jan 03, 2013
Allybert: House please I need your help. I finished my National Diploma in August last year and I filled it as the highest level of education completed in the DS-230 form sent to KCC. Now interview have been schedule but I have not gotten my ND certifcate. Plus I have a reference meaning that my certificate will not be ready anytime soon. And I have been schedule for interview already. ............ Please house, what can I do or what should I get to show to the CO on the day of my interview? Do you think a letter of introduction or any documemt from my school will suffice?
Fear Not! The Visa is already yours IJN. U should try and get ur transcript and if possible a reference letter. And explain to d CO, ur certificate is nt yet out.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 9:50pm On Jan 03, 2013
@Taatus and Belincye....I can't make anything out of your mails. I am only notified by Nairaland administrator that you are trying to mail me. Do so using:

Thanks.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 10:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
Gentiger: @Taatus and Belincye....I can't make anything out of your mails. I am only notified by Nairaland administrator that you are trying to mail me. Do so using:

Thanks.

Please dropping emails addresses for private conversation is not encouraged here, lets keep it open for others to learn as well.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinubaby: 10:02pm On Jan 03, 2013
Jus realised I might hav sent the wrong picture size to kcc wen I submitted my dsp forms. I noticed wen I went to take a picture for my interview n that was much smaller. Do u thnk kcc would hav told me about it. Ave bn scheduled for an interview. I hope it wouldn't be a problem. Also do I need that same size for my medicals and police report? How many pictures are required for the medicals and police report. I knw my questns are a lot but pls help tinubaby
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2013
congrats to u and ur husband. I'm so happy 4u both. Pls how many photocopies of each certificate/credentials are we expected to go wit to the interview. I'll be going wit my wife too.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2013
Imcool: congrats to u and ur husband. I'm so happy 4u both. Pls how many photocopies of each certificate/credentials are we expected to go wit to the interview. I'll be going wit my wife too.
2 photocopies of each credentials
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by neroxp(m): 10:44pm On Jan 03, 2013
A big congratulation 2 u emybaby,nw ur mind is at rest.Go nd live ur american dream.i wil also testify by de special Grace of GOD,AMEN.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by folamiVictor(m): 10:48pm On Jan 03, 2013

Congrats baby, am really happy for you and ℓ pray our turn comes with success IJN......... AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 10:55pm On Jan 03, 2013
@Emy, big congratulations to u & ur hubby.
ur joy is full & so shall be ours too when d time comes, we shall all succeed and share our testimony soon.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by roodboy: 10:59pm On Jan 03, 2013
Pls anybody n d house response 2 my post...cuz by 2morow I will nd it.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 11:12pm On Jan 03, 2013
Jesus dey ur side campe. To God be the Glory. Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
congrats Emybaby..ds is quite a good strt 4 d nw yr..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2013
tinubaby: Jus realised I might hav sent the wrong picture size to kcc wen I submitted my forms. I noticed wen I went to take a picture for my interview n that was much smaller. Do u thnk kcc would hav told me about it. Ave bn scheduled for an interview. I hope it wouldn't be a problem. Also do I need that same size for my medicals and police report? How may pictures are required for the medicals and police report. I knw my questns are a lot but pls help tinubaby
i dont think there is suppose to b a difference b/w d passport u submitted along wit ur dsp forms and d one u jst got for ur interview. Anyway, i expect experienced gurus in da house to comment on this.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 11:53pm On Jan 03, 2013
Congrats to u and ur hubby, I and my wife also was interviewed by that lady. The only thing is that the woman is a psychologist and keep an eye contact with her. She also did grant my visa back in november.this is the goodnews we are expecting from everyone here in this year 2013 in jesus name;Amen
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 03, 2013
rood boy: Happy new year house...pls house quick one, what an what I nd frm my host has details? 2 av n hand.

what?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chirpywest(m): 12:13am On Jan 04, 2013
Just calm down cos I had same issue with yours, just go and get an official letter with the departmental letterheaded paper from the HOD of the department you graduated from. The letter should be addressed to the consular general, US embassy lagos with their address. Letter of identification I dentifying u as the formal student, telling them that u've done all ur course works, defended your project and that your certificate will soon be ready for collection. That they should accord you all the necessary assistance. Shikina. That's exactly how mine was written and it served as my degree in Economics from UNIZIK.the HOD must sign with his offical stamp and date. And u are good to go.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 12:30am On Jan 04, 2013
congratulations I claim mine too in Jesus Amen!!!!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 12:43am On Jan 04, 2013

Congratulation to you. I will share a great testimony too Insha Allah. @Emebeteaderashn from Ethiopia: We are expecting your success story too, Whats delaying?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 12:51am On Jan 04, 2013
jidedon2000@yah:
2 photocopies of each credentials
Thanks and God bless
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 12:56am On Jan 04, 2013
Pls answer my question ....ITS VERY URGENT Hello house and Happy new year... @temmy and everybody....I filled photography in my form but I learnt it locally and I don't have any documents on it......what can I do? ...I av my waec results
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 12:59am On Jan 04, 2013
temmytanny: All those going for interview sooner or later, i wish you all success.Have been busy of late but thank God some people are doing a good job to help others. As medical fees,I think Qlife is more expensive and maybe cos they are new in this business and trying to make as much profit as they can. It cost my Baby just 4500,my wife less 30k also and me 33k during my own time(I used KAMORASS then but they are not in use again)for all including all the vaccines
house I did my medicals on Wednesday and I paid just 22k at q-life ....hope ders no problem wit that....
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 1:01am On Jan 04, 2013
daddykelly:
congratz dear,a good start for 2013.

Congrats Ǎ̜̣̍ S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ happy for u..... I pray more success story on here!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by emebeteaderashn(m): 3:32am On Jan 04, 2013
hello house my visa was approved befor some hours sorry for not sharing soon,i ll post my experiance verysoon i love you all thanks

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by uchechuwku: 3:35am On Jan 04, 2013
emebeteaderashn: hello house my visa was approved befor some hours sorry for not sharing soon,i ll post my experiance verysoon i love you all thanks
congrats
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tinubaby: 3:35am On Jan 04, 2013
tinubaby: Jus realised I might hav sent the wrong picture size to kcc wen I submitted my dsp forms. I noticed wen I went to take a picture for my interview n that was much smaller. Do u thnk kcc would hav told me about it. Ave bn scheduled for an interview. I hope it wouldn't be a problem. Also do I need that same size for my medicals and police report? How many pictures are required for the medicals and police report. I knw my questns are a lot but pls help tinubaby

Can sm1 pls reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.