Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge (4684 Views)

RECTOR OF Rivers State Polytechnics Unnecessary Expulsion Of Nifes President. / Discrimination Against HND Holders, A Self-created Problem — LASPOTECH Rector / Protest In Auchi Poly Over Re-appointment Of Rector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by emindu: 9:55pm On May 01, 2012
The Rector of the Abia State Polytechnic, Elder Allwell Onukaogu has dismissed a news report that the management of the Aba based institution built the pedestrian bridge which was recently commissioned by the state governor, Chief Theodore Orji.

Briefing the press on the erroneous report carried by the Vanguard newspaper of Thursday, 19th April,2012, where the Rector was alleged to have supervised the construction of the pedestrian bridge, Onukaogu said such report is figment of the imagination of the writer whom he accused of having a sinister objective.

The Rector said, Abia State Polytechnic Management did not construct the pedestrian bridge. The bridge was constructed 100% by His Excellency, Chief Dr. Theodore Orji, the governor of Abia State. Abia State Polytechnic is only the consumer of this great gift to the Polytechnic community.

The Rector stated that the Chief of Staff to the Governor, Mazi Donatus Okorie wrote on the 13th of September, 2011, informing him that the Executive Governor has approved the construction of a metal pedestrian crossing at the entrance of the Abia State Polytechnic, Aba, in favour of BOK Company Limited.
Almost immediately, work started on the project which has been completed and commissioned. On 20th September, i wrote to thank the governor. Soon after the commissioning, I wrote another letter to the governor titled, We are grateful.
I could therefore not have claimed to have done what i did not do. Whoever wrote the story must have worked from a mindset that is criminal and wicked, a mindset that lives on destroying innocent people, the Rector stated.
He further condemned the news report and insisted on a retraction.
“I want to state categorically that no such claim was ever made by the Rector any staff. I condemn the report and insist on a retraction failing which Abia State Polytechnic will be forced to take a legal action.“Abia State Polytechnic is and will be grateful to the governor whose investments in this institution since 2007 has surpassed whatever any previous government had done.
He continued:For the avoidance of doubt, the pedestrian bridge was not built by the management of the Polytechnic. The governor built it and nobody should take away the glory from him, the Rector posited.
http://pointblanknews.com/new/news/4207-abia-polytechnic-rector-denies-constructing-pedestrian-bridge.html

Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by belovedaja(m): 5:55am On May 02, 2012
Emindu i can now see that you are on t.a. Orji's payroll. Enough of this noise on building pedestrian bridge. When other governors are building flyovers,new roads, investing in agriculture and education your boss is building pedestrian bridge. The heap of waste in aba roads that hinder traffic has it disappeared. Is ekiti, anambra or cross river richer than abia. Your boss lack foresight and vision. He can not even managed his family. Circumstance made him governor and because no credible person challenge or is challenging the status quo that is why he is still abia governor.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by MmuoOkija: 10:27am On May 02, 2012
Ithink Abia State govenor is the only clown that makes Rochas Okorocha look so good.

Metal pedestran bridge!!

The rector even described it as a "Great gift".

I cant help but wonder what he would say when maybe the governor builds his institution a world class (electrical and Mechanical )Laboratory, Lecture theatre or even a hostel. . .

Rubbish begats rubbish. . . Abia State is still a useless state. . . From one Orji to another Orji.

1 Like

Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by emindu: 10:27am On May 02, 2012
only those who have eyes can see. if truly you have eye and you are not blindfolded with the spirit of hatred and criticism you will be able to see what the governor is doing in the state.
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by doctokwus: 10:28am On May 02, 2012
I pity d rector;frm his vehement denial u cud just see d man is ready to go to blows wt d journalist if he sees him& wudnt gv a qualm if T.A instructed him to lick d faeces frm his ass.I picture him crying somewhere now& cursing d journalist,he feels his whole existence now depends on Orji believing he ddnt say anything of such,poor man.

1 Like

Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by Nobody: 10:29am On May 02, 2012
For dis country 2be beta, d profs and docs in our high institutions shd be hanged cos dey r cowardz.how can a rector celebrate dat grave calling ped bridge in front of abia poly. Tufiakwa. God wil deliver us in dis country o

1 Like

Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by Nobody: 10:34am On May 02, 2012
emindu: only those who have eyes can see. if truly you have eye and you are not blindfolded with the spirit of hatred and criticism you will be able to see what the governor is doing in the state.
ur d blind folded pesin i doubt if u wil even see inside hell fire.
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by mbulela: 10:34am On May 02, 2012
Abia state has been cursed by the devil himself.
In other states, lesser demons are sent to do the job, it seems in the case of Abia, Satan himself took up the job and seems to have executed it perfectly.
What is it with all these mediocrity reigning supreme,there?

2 Likes

Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by mbulela: 10:35am On May 02, 2012
in this 21st century, this clown is celebrating pedestrian bridge and selling kerosene at stadia.
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by donkennyakademy(m): 10:43am On May 02, 2012
Hmm i can sense fear in the sounding voice of Elder Allwell Onukaogu. Hmm what a pity, he must have been surmond by Theodore Orji i hope that was why he now surface to state this clear to the public. What a fear of loosing his position as a Rector. Now i can see, so that was why he can't even walk to the governor to tell him of how inferior that bridge was. I JUST WISH A PANEL CAN BE SET TO GO AND INSPECT THAT NON-SENSE THEY BUILT AND CALL IT A BRIDGE. ASPOLY students mind your safety when passing through those bunch of metals put togather set 2 called a well constructed bridge for you people. ONLY GOD KNOWS FOR LONG THAT CAN LAST. TO the rector more grace to you cos i can really see a well transformation and development in that school since you emerge the throne, you have really tried living up to your espectations thanks on that. But one more big thing for the people of the ASPOLY Still on your tenure try to tie the school environment for the students because it has always been of their grate pleasure any tine they set their foots-in in t hat environment.
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by grafikii: 10:45am On May 02, 2012
For me easterners are the most backward ppl in Nigeria, there is no sign of development in their state, yet they keep voting Pdp thereby draging the rest of us who want change backwards in presidential elections
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by doctokwus: 11:13am On May 02, 2012
donkennyakademy: Hmm i can sense fear in the sounding voice of Elder Allwell Onukaogu. Hmm what a pity, he must have been surmond by Theodore Orji i hope that was why he now surface to state this clear to the public. What a fear of loosing his position as a Rector. Now i can see, so that was why he can't even walk to the governor to tell him of how inferior that bridge was. I JUST WISH A PANEL CAN BE SET TO GO AND INSPECT THAT NON-SENSE THEY BUILT AND CALL IT A BRIDGE. ASPOLY students mind your safety when passing through those bunch of metals put togather set 2 called a well constructed bridge for you people. ONLY GOD KNOWS FOR LONG THAT CAN LAST. TO the rector more grace to you cos i can really see a well transformation and development in that school since you emerge the throne, you have really tried living up to your espectations thanks on that. But one more big thing for the people of the ASPOLY Still on your tenure try to tie the school environment for the students because it has always been of their grate pleasure any tine they set their foots-in in t hat environment.
State of our tertiary education
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by Funkymallam(m): 11:24am On May 02, 2012
grafikii: For me easterners are the most backward ppl in Nigeria, there is no sign of development in their state, yet they keep voting Pdp thereby draging the rest of us who want change backwards in presidential elections

Smh
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by member479760: 11:50am On May 02, 2012
good saving, beside the bridge go fall people go die - waste of human being. Good rector!

make tunnel so that homeless ones can get a place to live too!
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by Super1759: 12:04pm On May 02, 2012
I pity people who can be this silly to believe the lies of this gov.t a orji.I was in abia state when it was announce over the radio that t.a orji built d crossing and 2 other roads within aba with 5billion naira.I was shocked at that.I personally had to go walk on the pedestrain crossing.jus metal.how can a governor wit good motive build such knwin that metals expand and contrast,so not durable for years.God alone wil judge our leaders.rochas,in all his builings in ngor okpala didn spend up to that.the mega-bridge in ngor wasn't up to that amount.silly fools...
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by udochika(m): 12:24pm On May 02, 2012
Oh lord my GOD! Is there eny way we (abians) hv sin against u, Biko have mercy. Abia need GOD's help. Imagine a state gov boasting of a p.bridge as an achievement. Watin make fashola com do. Orjis face allover govmnt property (buss). God help us
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by Bastiger(m): 12:31pm On May 02, 2012
FAILURE BEGETS FAILURE.TA ORJI IS A FAILURE,AND WILL ALWAYS BE A FAILURE.GOVS ARE COMMISSIONING FLYOVERS,KILOMETRES OF ROADS,CREATING EMPLOYMENT AND THE DUMB OLD FOOL IS CONTENDING BRAGGING RIGHTS WITH THE ABIA STATE POLYTECHNIC RECTOR FOR WHAT??!! A METAL PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE WHICH THE BOOTLICKING RECTOR HAS VEHEMENTLY DENIED FOR FEAR OF LOSING HIS JOB,THATS THE WAY IT IS IN ABA STATE,FOOLS PARADISE.
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by Bastiger(m): 12:48pm On May 02, 2012
[quote
author=emindu]only those who have eyes can see. if truly you have eye
and you are not blindfolded with the spirit of hatred and criticism you
will be able to see what the governor is doing in the state.[/quote] may you continue being blind thinking you see.
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by gloryukah2012: 12:55pm On May 02, 2012
smiley cheesy smiley lets watch and see
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by coolguy2002: 1:21pm On May 02, 2012
why is he denying
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by Sammyblaq(m): 4:41pm On May 02, 2012
Am a student of Abia State polytechnic....to the best of my knowledge the pedestran walk-over was been built by the institution...
The denial of the rector is to clear his name off the sack list....think am...
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by chisunday(m): 5:06pm On May 02, 2012
To abia state govt.may i sound this that the craze for naked materialism and unguarded consumerism has rendered u morally bankrupt.u are a theif and the worse govnor in the whole south east. And south south u are not fit to be a govnor,u lack the charisma and personality,even ur speech,intonation and appearance depicts this.abia is indeed under bondage.ur predecessor is facing EFCC now,just wait for ur turn.
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by jaydacorsair: 5:29pm On May 02, 2012
emindu: only those who have eyes can see. if truly you have eye and you are not blindfolded with the spirit of hatred and criticism you will be able to see what the governor is doing in the state.

This guy is a Big fool, people who have eyes? you have eyes and all u see is Metal pedestran bridge which is even shaking already. That man is a mongoose with nothing upstairs. I so much hate him, God should send us a redeemer. I wonder where this emindu is coming from, Ewu_ndu like u.
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by chisunday(m): 5:37pm On May 02, 2012
BREAKING NEWS !!! Other states are busy tackling ghost workers,T.A Orji is busy falsifying names in the state secondary schools to generate ghost students.just to use to loot state treasury.what a shameless govnor.
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by OperaMini1(m): 6:57pm On May 02, 2012
celebrating d construction of a metal pedestrian bridge? i think ds TA guy is making mockery of whatever a governor would ever be.
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by ujchief(m): 9:53pm On May 02, 2012
chisunday: BREAKING NEWS !!! Other states are busy tackling ghost workers,T.A Orji is busy falsifying names in the state secondary schools to generate ghost students.just to use to loot state treasury.what a shameless govnor.
my brother, i tire when i heard the news! Teachers were given 6 diaries each and mandated to fill it with as many names as they can think of. They had to give the diaries to their students to help them fill. Ironically, the commisioner of education, Mrs. Philips is a devoted christian, i wonder why she condoles such atrocity.
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by sexyglow(f): 11:24pm On May 02, 2012
cheif of staff to the governor MAZI Donatus grin grin grin grin grin shocked
Re: Abia Polytechnic Rector Denies Constructing Pedestrian Bridge by Billygene: 5:02am On May 03, 2012
Elder Onukaogu i am disappointed in you!

(1) (Reply)

The Secret Behind The "Miraculous Water Tree In FUTO" / UNILORIN Admission List: Did You Find Your Name? / GIRNE AMERICAN UNIVERSITY NORTH CYPRUS OFFICIAL THREAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.