Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire (9418 Views)

I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma / Buhari Names TY Danjuma, Dangote In Committee On North-East Rehabilitation / TY Danjuma: 'Boko Haram’s Intelligence Is 100% Better Than That Of Our Military' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by yeo: 7:58am On May 02, 2012
Former minister of defence General T.Y. Danjuma yesterday painted a very gloomy picture of Nigeria’s security situation, declaring succinctly that ‘‘the country is on fire” but expressed optimism that it would survive it.

Danjuma spoke at the International Conference Centre, Abuja, during the 50th birthday celebration of Mr. Sam Nda-Isaiah, chairman and editor-in-chief of LEADERSHIP Newspapers Group.

He also literally queried the attitude of the northern governors in the handling of the precarious security situation in the north which, he said, was virtually bringing some states in that region to their knees.

General Danjuma, who applauded Nda-Isaiah and LEADERSHIP Group for their services to the nation particularly “at this time of our history”, however, expressed optimism that Nigeria shall ‘‘muddle through”.

He stated: “But believe me, in the last two months, I began to wonder. Our house is on fire. Nigeria is becoming Somalia. The Somalisation of our country is going on now. Let’s look at ourselves in the face and tell ourselves the truth and find solution to the problem.

“We have to sit down and tell ourselves the truth. The responsibility is on us the northerners: our house is on fire, let us not deceive ourselves. We must tell ourselves the truth. The security situation is tolling on us. Borno State is today a failed state, Jigawa state is almost a failed state and Kano is moving towards becoming a failed state.”

The security of every state, according to him, is the responsibility of its governor. Northern governors have not done enough to resolve the problems affecting their states, he said.

“Where are the northern governors? We hear of multi-billion naira that is spent to erect fences around the government houses; then what happens to the citizens? We must take stock and also take responsibility.”

To the celebrant, Danjuma said: “That LEADERSHIP still exists today as a print medium and that it is editorially today one of the most vibrant and viable newspapers in Nigeria is a credit to you Sam.

“You are doing a wonderful service to this nation, particularly at this time of our history.’’

Also speaking in the same vein, former FCT minister General Jerry Useni queried the northern governors for doing very little to fight Boko Haram. “You cannot say you don’t know where these Boko Haram are, yet you build fences around government houses for your protection with billions of naira,” he said.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/23457/2012/05/02/our_nation_fire_ty_danjuma.html

Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by Amecharaovoko(m): 8:11am On May 02, 2012
Keep on struggling. And also remember that the eastern blood you wasted must keep hunting you.

6 Likes

Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by hakanai(m): 9:27am On May 02, 2012
^^^^Typical!Another wannabe Biafran.Always hoping for a crappy revenge saga. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by belovedaja(m): 10:14am On May 02, 2012
The blood of Aguiyi Ironsi and his kinsmen will pursue danjuma and his generation. Look how pale he looks.
haka_nai: ^^^^Typical!Another wannabe Biafran.Always hoping for a crappy revenge saga. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by Martmore: 10:15am On May 02, 2012
Amechara nwanem ime agaa.gbaya nkiti, obara ndi banyi he gburu bu ihe chuko he.

5 Likes

Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by achi4u(m): 10:17am On May 02, 2012
the evil that men do live with them.this same T.Y Danjuma who take pride in killing igbos are now living in a faired house.thank God ur alive to reap the friut of ur labour.an't u ashame of yourself.

ewu gambiagrin

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by achi4u(m): 10:24am On May 02, 2012
Martmore: Amechara nwanem ime agaa.gbaya nkiti, obara ndi banyi he gburu bu ihe chuko he.
Nwanne m,asusu igbo gi a dikwa egwu.ya bu na okweghi nguta

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by Amecharaovoko(m): 10:25am On May 02, 2012
haka_nai: ^^^^Typical!Another wannabe Biafran.Always hoping for a crappy revenge saga. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
nobody is coming out to reveng, the wasted bloods will hunt naija by themselves
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by kcsider: 10:26am On May 02, 2012
Let TY Danjuma sell some of his ill-gotten oil wells to provide solution that will qench the fire since he is richer than Nigeria
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by Nobody: 10:32am On May 02, 2012
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by Amecharaovoko(m): 10:35am On May 02, 2012
achi4u: Nwanne m,asusu igbo gi a dikwa egwu.ya bu na okweghi nguta

Nwanne mmadu. Biko ewela iwe,obu ndi Nsukka no na forum. Nwanne zute nwanne ya, osuo asusu. Oga diri gi nma o.

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by Nobody: 10:42am On May 02, 2012
After he killed all the IGBO officers who were going about preaching peace , killed women and children during civil war,steal our oil wells now he wants peace in his region, and calling other criminals like him thief, undecided undecided undecided mtscheeewr
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by AGBORMAN1(m): 10:54am On May 02, 2012
[quote author=eric1960]This matter is a simple 1. Since he has realised Dat d country is on fire, he should provide solutions.

Seconded.
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by Yeske2(m): 11:18am On May 02, 2012
The only person worth listening to was Prof Ango Abdulahi, at least he realized Nigeria was a mistake of the Brits as their other experiments in old India, old Sudan etc had all collapsed.

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by kettykin: 11:34am On May 02, 2012
Nigeria is not yet on fire , this is just a spark , the spark will grow into a full fire by 2015 when Buhari/Elrufai will loose the 2015 eections and willvent their final spleen on the naive southerners still living in the core north, by then full retaliation will commence in the south .

Basically TY is the funniest joker in Nigeria, is he just waking up from his Day dream or did he just get the intuition or revelation that Nigeria is on fire, if his IQ matched his riches he would have realised that the failure of Aburi was the Failure of Nigeria.

I wonder what his colleague Gowon is doing now , is he still slumbering or is he in a day dream , my question is why are africans not realistic , why does it have to take African 50 years . 100 years to realize that soemthing is not working and is not likely to work ,

3 Likes

Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by EARLYBIRDS: 11:45am On May 02, 2012
JONA, JONA, JONA! NIGERIA IS ON FIRE! BOKO HARAM IS RAVAGING THE NORTH. ANOTHER ARM OF BOKO IS RAZING DOWN POLICE STATIONS BOMBADING BANKS AND CARTING AWAY MILLIONS TO SPONSOR THEIR JIHAD IN THE NORTH! JONA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING! WAITING FOR THIS ADVANCING CONFLAGRATION TO CONSUME YOU IN ASO ROCK? WITHOUT DELAY, YOU MUST UNLEASH THE RESOURCES OF THE WHOLE WORLD AGAINST BOKO! WITHOUT DELAY CALL IN ALL THE MIGHT OF AMERICA , ISRAEL AND RUSSIA, etc TO CHECKMATE BOKO! YOUR OWN ARMY IS A RAT BEFORE THE GOLIATH OF INTERNATIONALLY CONNECTED BOKO HARAM. THIS IS THE TIME TO BE A MAN . DO THE NEEDFUL. PEHARPS YOU ARE AFRAID OF THE MUSLIM AND NORTHERN CHAMPIONS WHO WILL LIKE TO PLAY RELIGIOUS POLITICS WITH THE ENTRY OF HELPER NATIONS. THAT FEAR WILL BE YOUR UNDOING. YOU MUST BE DECISIVE. IF NIGERIA CAN BE ONE, THIS IS THE MOMENT TO PROVE IT! ARISE JONA, TO THIS MOMENTOUS DAWN!
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by juman(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2012
He should call the fire fighter. Hiss. Useless people.
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by ak47mann(m): 11:59am On May 02, 2012
kettykin: Nigeria is not yet on fire , this is just a spark , the spark will grow into a full fire by 2015 when Buhari/Elrufai will loose the 2015 eections and willvent their final spleen on the naive southerners still living in the core north, by then full retaliation will commence in the south .

Basically TY is the funniest joker in Nigeria, is he just waking up from his Day dream or did he just get the intuition or revelation that Nigeria is on fire, if his IQ matched his riches he would have realised that the failure of Aburi was the Failure of Nigeria.

I wonder what his colleague Gowon is doing now , is he still slumbering or is he in a day dream , my question is why are africans not realistic , why does it have to take African 50 years . 100 years to realize that soemthing is not working and is not likely to work ,
cool
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 02, 2012
i wonder the level of commonsense seun has to put this nonsense on the frontpage. why will you be asking if Nigeria is on fire? what impudence?
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by fmgold: 12:26pm On May 02, 2012
Danjuma is a soldier and he did what had to be done as a soldier,war times are different. For all those screaming blue murder,if you know the man well he is enjoying his life,despite the power he wields, he is one of the few soldiers that resisted becoming head of state. He is a detribalized nigerian,last year he donated $15million to charity and put an Igbo lady(Thelma Ekiyor) in charge.
For those crying for revenge I pray you live longer than him,have more money than him and become more relevant than him. He and his beautiful wife are known as the dutch and duchess of Nigeria,enjoying their riches and travelling all around the world while some people are seeking revenge for an old man naturally close to the grave ain't dat ironic.

The man is proferring solutions that should be taking seriously,once again some educated ignoramous blinded by tradition and superstition have applied sentiments to it. All over the world wars were fought, europe, americas,asia, africa name it. While the rest of the world moved on and are better for it,here in africa its always about the blood that was shed crying and that,s why we can't move forward. The europeans took us as slaves and shed our blood,are they not progressing. The dead stay dead and will not resurrect or has anyone on nairaland seen a ghost before. Let us address the issues raised and do what we can about it.

4 Likes

Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by obxddon(m): 12:29pm On May 02, 2012
The Answer to all these stuff na make we Just divide...simple and short.....But people Like Dangote and other rich folks that have establishment in the south no go wan make e happen and ye people are dying daily....

TO ALL MY XTAIN BROTHERS AND SOUTHERNERS IN THE NORTH....LIKE NAS SAID IN HIS SONG.."I GOT MINE,I HOPE YOU GAT YOURSELF ONE"......I mean GUN!!!!

5 Likes

Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by krisleonard: 12:41pm On May 02, 2012
They should just shut thier dirty mouth! who are the north they refer to 2day,who started all these?
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by Afolabs101: 12:49pm On May 02, 2012
In fairness to Danjuma, he was an Officer in the army following orders during the Ironsi killing. If he had not, he would have been killed himself. Ironsi became Head of State after civilians had been killed in the coup that brought him to power, he didn't condemn those that carried out those killings.

Danjuma also did not "steal" any oil well. He was awarded the oil blocks by Abacha during a time that oil blocks were awarded at the discretion of the Head of State.

I believe that Danjuma is coming out to say something now because of the recent bombing in his state, Taraba. As a leader/elder and someone who is very close to GEJ, he should have spoken much earlier and should let us know what the solution is, or what he proposes.

With BH getting completely out of control now, maybe the solution is a sovereign national conference whereby everyone can decide what they want (split or stay together). But lets do it before BH spread their wave of destruction to the South, because if that happens we will have another civil war on our hands, as OPC, MEND, MASSOB etc retaliate undecided

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by Chanchit: 1:06pm On May 02, 2012
"nigeria is on fire"
who come set am on fire? Anyway just kill the fire in the north, or let it continue burning, just don't let it burn out of your north....
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by dare2think: 1:10pm On May 02, 2012
Afolabs101: I But lets do it before BH spread their wave of destruction to the South, because if that happens we will have another civil war on our hands, as OPC, MEND, MASSOB etc retaliate undecided

^^^^^^^

This will be one of the worst crisis in Nigerian History should the above happen. The effects will be massive and people will be shocked how close they might be when and if the destruction begin.

Personally, I believe the result will spell the end to the entity called Nigeria. Unfortunately, the poor and less- privileged will be most affected while the mass exodus of our rich elites and our so-called Men of God will be astounding. Material things will be inconsequential as we might be faced with a human crisis. A tribal war looms.

We need a strong incorruptible leader to curb this menace, qualities Our slow president unfortunately lacks. The sooner we get a strong leader with vision the better for Nigeria.
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by Chanchit: 1:13pm On May 02, 2012
grin
obxddon: The Answer to all these stuff na make we Just divide...simple and short.....But people Like Dangote and other rich folks that have establishment in the south no go wan make e happen and ye people are dying daily....

TO ALL MY XTAIN BROTHERS AND SOUTHERNERS IN THE NORTH....LIKE NAS SAID IN HIS SONG.."I GOT MINE,I HOPE YOU GAT YOURSELF ONE"......I mean GUN!!!!
LDDMSTH[color=#770077]
obxddon: The Answer to all these stuff na make we Just divide...simple and short.....But people Like Dangote and other rich folks that have establishment in the south no go wan make e happen and ye people are dying daily....

LDDMSTH[/color

TO ALL MY XTAIN BROTHERS AND SOUTHERNERS IN THE NORTH....LIKE NAS SAID IN HIS SONG.."I GOT MINE,I HOPE YOU GAT YOURSELF ONE"......I mean GUN!!!![/quote]
LDDMSTH
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by babsjnr(m): 1:23pm On May 02, 2012
fmgold: Danjuma is a soldier and he did what had to be done as a soldier,war times are different. For all those screaming blue murder,if you know the man well he is enjoying his life,despite the power he wields, he is one of the few soldiers that resisted becoming head of state. He is a detribalized nigerian,last year he donated $15million to charity and put an Igbo lady(Thelma Ekiyor) in charge.
For those crying for revenge I pray you live longer than him,have more money than him and become more relevant than him. He and his beautiful wife are known as the dutch and duchess of Nigeria,enjoying their riches and travelling all around the world while some people are seeking revenge for an old man naturally close to the grave ain't dat ironic.

The man is proferring solutions that should be taking seriously,once again some educated ignoramous blinded by tradition and superstition have applied sentiments to it. All over the world wars were fought, europe, americas,asia, africa name it. While the rest of the world moved on and are better for it,here in africa its always about the blood that was shed crying and that,s why we can't move forward. The europeans took us as slaves and shed our blood,are they not progressing. The dead stay dead and will not resurrect or has anyone on nairaland seen a ghost before. Let us address the issues raised and do what we can about it.
thank you some fools here don't know military mentality.
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 02, 2012

Don't mind them. Their revenge never reach OBJ because the silverback gorilla still dey kampe.
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by badesco(m): 1:27pm On May 02, 2012
Gen. T .Y. Danjuma had spoken the whole truth and i hope the so call Northern Governors will take the bull by the horn and do something concrete to further avert these senseless killings and maiming of innocent people in the Northern part of the country. And if they fail to act fast,they should expect the worst situation sooner than they can imagine.
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Don't mind them. Their revenge never reach OBJ because the silverback gorilla still dey kampe.
shocked shocked shocked e never reach OBJ yet fulani herdsmen dey slaughter him ppl for him backyard( Ogun state). hey u know the law of karma
Re: TY Danjuma - Nigeria Is On Fire by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 02, 2012
CHESSBOARD:
shocked shocked shocked e never reach OBJ yet fulani herdsmen dey slaughter him ppl for him backyard( Ogun state). hey u know the law of karma

The same Fulani ppl that slaughtered you not only in your background, but up North?

Congrats, OBJ can feel the revenge well well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three-Day Working Policy Won't Affect Salaries - Okorocha / Nigeria Now Earns $2bn Annually From Deep Offshore Production Sharing Contracts / Over 20 Journalists Attacked During Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.